How do you feel about your labour

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
I've been thinking about my labour a
Lot the last couple of days and come to the conclusion that it was my favourite part of the whole pregnancy!

I did have a straightforward labour, done on 2 paracetamol and g&a

Yes it hurt, and nothing prepared me for the pain of pushing.

But I genuinely enjoyed beig in labour and ant imagine not experiencing it again!

Does this make me a bit mad?

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I am looking forward to it cause i will be meeting bubs but i will be asking for an epi, i just cant cope with the pain. But i admire ladies who can do it on g&a, didnt really touch the sides for me

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I have to admit gas and air did nothing for the pain- just a distraction, I requested an epi but I was too late :lol:

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I LOVED everything about my labour!

I genuinely don't remember how much it hurt or what kind of pain it was I just remember it was agony but I cannot wait to do it all again so wasn't that bad!!

I am already trying to convince OH that we should have another baby! I just cannot bear the thought of never experiencing pregnancy and labour again. I want to go through it again!!

My cousin is expecting her baby at the beginning of december and if i am honest, i am quite jealous that she still has labour and birth to come!!

XX

I loved labour lol. I look back at those 20hrs of pain with fondness.
Yes it hurt, yes my dignity was a distant memory, but the whole experience was amazing and I look forward to doing it again.
I was offered an epidural but turned it down, had a small dose of diamorphine and g&a x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

I had a fairly straightforward labour done on g&a up until they had to use suction to help wee one out and then they froze me down below so I didn't even feel the pain of the head being pushed out. Yes labour was painful but the worst part was the internal examination the doctor gave me before freezing me. All in all my labour was good and it actually makes me scared to try again in case next time is horrific.

I loved labour too. had a fairly quick (4hr)labour with gas and air. i count myself very lucky, cant wait to do it all again lol. xx

I also had a straight forward one (ish) if you forget that I'd already been stuck at 4cm dilated for a week :lol: but the actual 22hrs was fine. I had a bit of g&a but it made me feel sick so I didn't have anything after that. I remember the pain of transition and thinking I'd push my entire insides out lol, but I literally cannot wait to do it again!! My friend who was pregnant at the same time as me is now 10wks with her 2nd and I'm sooooo jealous

I loved my first labour! I actualy felt robbed after E was born cos I didn't really get to experience it all again and it was such a whirlwind I didn't really take much of it in! Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I say I much prefered my 23h labour over my 3 minute one :lol: I've often said I'd do it a million times over just to experience giving birth again

I have real mixed feelings about my labour. I was induced and the pain was horrific. I had an awful stabbing pain down my right leg, it was so painful I would have chopped my leg off if I could have done! I had an epidural but it didn't work and they were about to take it out and put it back in when I felt the urge to push so it was too late.
I ended up pushing for 3 hours, I hated the feeling when I needed to push. I still remember that pain and the pain in my leg very clearly. I ended up needing ventouse and episiotomy to get my LO out.
I can't bear the thought of never being pregnant again, but am very apprehensive about giving birth. I would hope that the epidural works if there is a next time.

Aside from the final 2 hours and csec and the being on my own before my OH got there I loved it. I can't wait to do it all again. It petrifies me as Id be devastated if it ended the same way as my last but I really did love certain parts of it.

I had a fairly straightforward labour done on g&a up until they had to use suction to help wee one out and then they froze me down below so I didn't even feel the pain of the head being pushed out. Yes labour was painful but the worst part was the internal examination the doctor gave me before freezing me. All in all my labour was good and it actually makes me scared to try again in case next time is horrific.

This is exactly my experience aand feelings from being numbed down there and not feeling 'ring of fire' much and about willingness to do it again but scared in case is so very different

I am never doing that again...

I had a last minute forceps delivery with no pain relief. The pain of the last 5 h was horrible (i was dilated for 5 h at 10 cm with no pain relief and pitocin on) but the pain of the last 10 min was beyond any imagination and though partially forgotten the emotional scar will be there forever...
I was in so much pain that I don't really remember the first moments of her life. She was on my chest and I was rubbing her with a towel but didn't realize she has been born until I saw my oh crying...
I will also never forget the immense worry for 12 h that sth bad will happen to her during labor...though I had invasive monitoring of the bean and at least 3 doctors looking at the traces to make sure she is coping ok that fear will haunt me forever ( 4 stillborn babies in my family)
I still cry remembering her birth...

I loved it until I was put on the drip. Was all downhill from there...

I feel like a failure having a c sec. By the time I got the theatre I was 10cm, but had already had spinal so they went with section!

I loved my first labour! I actualy felt robbed after E was born cos I didn't really get to experience it all again and it was such a whirlwind I didn't really take much of it in! Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I say I much prefered my 23h labour over my 3 minute one :lol: I've often said I'd do it a million times over just to experience giving birth again

I know where your coming from, its like your robbed somehow. I wouldn't have known I was in labour if my waters hadn't broke an hour before hand, so I also ended up with a couple of big pushes and he was here. I went from zero pain to omg this baby is coming NOW so no time to get my head together let alone pain relief! I think the thing that I still have a bit of resentment for even now is being a month early, everything was too quick and I wasn't ready, I spent the first week Im shock. I really wasn't prepared and still gutted I was cheated out of a month of pregnancy!
I wanted my lovely chilled out home water birth I had planned for Halloween!

Women must be mad. I am due in five weeks time, and I am bricking my pants! Literally! :)

Don't get me wrong, I can take a little comfort from some of the things that you have said, but realistically, I know that every pregnancy and labour is different. I don't think I will be saying I love labour, but in saying this, I am looking forward to it in the sense that I meet my baby, and that is thrilling.

I have five weeks left to go. This is my first, so I have no idea what to expect apart from pain, but even the pain I have no idea what it is going to be like.

So scared and so excited... how can those emotions be combined, confusing?

I keep hearing about this 'ring of fire' but my morphine had wore off by the time I was pushing and I didn't feel the fire feeling. Pushing for me was a massive relief, I loved it and I felt every inch of her come out. I pushed for 8mins :) but no 'ring of fire' feeling - thank god! Lol. Just a feeling of relief that the pressure was easing with each push x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

I would love another labour like the one i had. Waters went first no pain or contractions til hrs later. I kept on my feet until pushing time. Just couldnt get comfy. I only did it on g&a declined everything else. The only thing i hated was the rush to delivery for an episiotomy x

Mine was horrific. Immense Pain right from the start with no let up cos contractions were 2 mins apart. Laboured for nearly 3 days. Had loads of complications. Failed epi for forceps delivery. No contractions by this point. Huge blood loss. Strep b.....so many more complications. Took me 13 weeks to stop crying everyday about it and be able to not take pain killers every 4 hours.... But....

I can't wait to be pregnant again!!! I may still opt for the elective section I have been offered but I may try natural again...

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back