Flopsybunny's neverending labour!

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Well girls had my sweep about 2.40pm yesterday and started with mild period type back pains about 5ish. These gradually got worse and worse and I lost my plug.

I went to hospital about 2am with terrible back pains. Baby is back to back and I am having what is called a backache labour and it is a slow labour too. I chose to go home at 4am - they gave me co-codomol and I managed to have about anhour or so sleep but keep waking writhing in pain. I am up now waiting for my bath to cool. Apparently water is good for soothing a backache labour.

My tens machine is still at the hospital and the midwife says she expects to see me back there this morning. When she did the internal last night, I was still around 1.5 -2cm dilated only but my cervix was 85% effaced. It is just a matter of time apparently!

Xx

Last edited:
Just had another HUGE bloody show too. Though the large blob of mucus I lost last night was the whole plug but no...this bit was much bigger!!! And really quite bloody too!!

Xx

Good luck. Both mine were back to back. A nice warm bath and plenty of walking around helps keep the presure off your back.

Good luck Hun, my LO was back to back and i had a water birth best pain relied! i also found leanin over something on all fours helped x

Best of luck hun! Hope your little lady doesn't keep you waiting too long! x

oh good luck ! Aoibheann was back to back too all I can say is water helps loads ,as will walking and getting on all fours during bad contractions xxx

good luck hun. knew there would be a labour thread for you when i got on here today. xxx

Hope the bath Helped with your pain!good luck and Hope it speeds up for you! So you can meet your LO :) xx

Things haven't sped up at all! The contractions are further apart at the moment but very intense when they come. Not sure what's going on?! Will prob phone the hospital back to ask. Got a very painful contraction right now matter of fact!

Xx

It has been 17 hours hours now of these contractions! I was nearly fully effaced at 4am...what's going on? When will things increase? Hope the hospital didn't get it wrong about me being in early labour.

xx

Ahh flopsy!! Hope things speed up so you can meet your bubba soon!! :) Just had to come on and check what was happening after last night!! xxx

Aww hun, hope things keep moving along & you meet you LO real soon. :hug: x

Oh flopsy, I feel your pain after my super long early labour! I hope things speed up for you soon! Its horrible being sore and nothing seems to be progressing! Make sure you rest if you possibly can!

Good luck!

Exciting!!!!! :)

x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27