Screaming during labour...

That was all pre-epidural, mind you. After I had it I started sharing life stories with a Bulgarian MW. Laughs all over!

I didn't scream either, your in control, esp if your doing your breathing. Im sure I moaned though, its a kind of release, you know how you do at the gym when pushing yourself to the limit. I think that's why some women scream as its a release, esp if you are normally a screamer, if your not you probably won't need to. Sorry if I've repeated what the others replied, didn't have time to read it all!

Screaming might help some and hinder others. It has definitely helped me, if you feel the need and MWs tell you otherwise, they can deal with the contractions instead.

Last edited:
I screamed and swore (before the epi), but i dont remember half of it now. Next time i will demand an epidural, no way i can deal with the pain, but i am a wuss

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Screaming might help some and hinder others. It has definitely helped me, if you feel the need and MWs tell you otherwise, they can deal with the contractions instead.

Well put ! Really depends on the person I'd say ?

Thanks ISH and Loopy! I deffinately wanted to get up and back hand her, but by the time I was ready to do it another contraction hit. And all I could think of was, "Get This Baby Outta Me!!" lol.
This Labor is going to be rough, because I'm going to have in the back of my mind not to be a drama queen. ha. So hoping I can manage this one a little better than last time.

Probably won't... lol

All this talk of screaming groaning forceps cuts and tears is making me squeamish! Eek...I've a while to get my head around it all I suppose

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back