What did you actually use during labour?

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
I've just repacked my hospital bag, separating what I need for during labour and what I need for afterwards.

All I have for during labour is a nightie, slippers, socks, cooling spray, straws, hairbands and drinks and snacks.

Surely I'm missing things! Lol! Got a tonne of stuff for afterwards that I doubt I'll need unless I use some of it whilst waiting for induction to kick in. I'm reluctant to take it out, would rather not use it than not have it!

Help ladies!

Last edited:
Mine was fast and furious induction so I took nighties and ended up in my pj top but i would say magazines if a wait some drinks during labour i had really dry lips so lip balm (wish I had mine) maybe a flannel for your head so our partner can keep you cool as really helps and plenty of pads for after and big knickers XX

Oh I have lip balm. Will pack a flannel. Gonna get a couple of mags and puzzle books to do just incase I get induced.

I would say stuff to entertain you if you get induced but other than that I dont think I used any of it as when I went to the delivery suite I wore the hospital gown (they just told me to, didnt get an option!) and didnt have the patience to listen to music and would have puked up any food!!
xxx

Maybe needed for labour i thought bout this in the middle of labour and the midwife asked aswell....

A plastic carrier bag or two!!!!!

For any of your clothes that get soiled etc, keeps them seperate, simple thing but very useful xx

Oooohh good idea jojo! Will stuff a couple of those in!

It did cross my mind before i went into hospital but forgot to put them in! Wish i had cos id ruined a pair of knickers and the midwife collected all my stuff up to bring to recovery area, she chucked these soiled pants into the bag that had Adam's open snacks in!

Safe to say he didnt eat anything after that xxx

Obviously I haven't used my bag yet, but I've put in a long dressing gown just in case I need to walk round to stay active x

I would go for a cotton dressing gown if possible as I'm always really hot in labour, they told me to go for a walk around the hospital and I had a thick one on and was boiling but didn't want to take it off in the middle of the hospital.

I had fast labours so have only ever packed a coupe of cotton nighties cotton dressing gown disposable knickers pads slippers a towel and wash cloth (for shower afterwards) couple of plastic bags and a vest babygrow and nappy for baby x

I have a tennis ball! midwife recommended it for some one to roll around your back or for you to squeeze, recon my mum is gonna wet herself when sh sees that come out the bag!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back