August 2020 Mummies

thinking of you ladies hoping the sickness is subsiding ive had headaches all day drinking loads :(

Has anyone else not felt movement for definite yet. Worrying me a bit!x

Ended up being sick again in the car. Lucky I took a tub with me.

Been feeling so awful all day. All weekend really. I did have my whooping cough and flu jag on Friday so maybe that has triggered me feeling so rough?

My appointment went fine, she gave me a note to add in an extra antisickness to the one I am already taking, but I would need to take it down to the GP’s and I don’t want to go! I may try and ring them up in the morning to see if they can have someone prescribe me it and I can pick it up when it’s ready.

Hope we all feel a bit better soon.

I’m back to the hospital in 4 weeks for a growth scan and another consultant appointment.

My headaches are on and off @Jade jones. Hope you rest as much as poss.

@Wilson14 I have lots of movements every day but it can be more 24 weeks etc for some mothers. Try not to worry esp if all appointments have been good.

What ashame @mummybear2 I feel I shouldn't really complain as this pregnancy hasn't been as bad as some of you have. Happy your appointment went well.

Feel better after the sleep with vaccine. Arm back to normal and baby kicking away as we speak... My OH feels more involved as he feels it constant to when rests his hand on my tummy. Xxx

@Wilson14 I didn’t feel anything with my first until 22/23 weeks. I think they say if you get to 24 weeks and haven’t felt anything you should inform your midwife. Is your placenta anterior? That can have an impact too.

@Jade jones my headaches are pretty awful and almost every other day. My BP and urine has always been fine so just those pesky pregnancy hormones causing havoc as usual!!

Glad you’re feeling better @Jac2019! And it’s so nice your husband is getting to feel baby now!

@Wilson14 I didn’t feel anything with my first until 22/23 weeks. I think they say if you get to 24 weeks and haven’t felt anything you should inform your midwife. Is your placenta anterior? That can have an impact too.

@Jade jones my headaches are pretty awful and almost every other day. My BP and urine has always been fine so just those pesky pregnancy hormones causing havoc as usual!!

Glad you’re feeling better @Jac2019! And it’s so nice your husband is getting to feel baby now!
Yes I’ve got anterior placenta, tbh I’m probably lucky coz I know she’s a wriggler so as soon as I do start feeling her it will be constant. Everything seems to be slow for me my bump has only just started showing.
Just feeling a bit down the last few days think where I’ve been isolated working at home and I look terrible I’ve got huge fat thighs urgh why can’t I be one of those people that look the same just have a bump. She’s worth it though but the whole “blooming in second trimester” ain’t happening for me! Not that I’m seeing anyone except hubby anyway!!xx

Yes if anterior placenta then will take while longer so nothing to worry about and you are right my wee one is constant and it I'd always when try to lie down for a sleep haha..

I am with you on not glowing second trimester.. I was hoping to feel beautiful but just feel big and frumpy and my OH constantly tries to tell me how lovely I look and loves the pregnant look I just can't believe it. Who knows maybe time will change. I am feeling lucky that so far this pregnancy is going well so I hold on to that feeling and try forget how I look.

I had to speak with family the other day too as felt my health slipping. It helped massively to say how I felt and you won't be alone as this is meant to be an amazing experience but unfortunately under these circumstances we are just more worried than anything.

Hope you feel better soon. We are all here for you xxx

Yeah you’ll have to wait a little longer to feel anything with an anterior placenta. Hopefully you don’t have to wait TOO long.

Oh trust me I don’t feel beautiful either. There is no ‘glow’ just the sweat after I’ve been to vomit haha.
While I do have a bump I think it looks more like I’m fat than having a couple of babies.
I didn’t get a bump for ages with my first but it was a clear bump shape!
I think I’ve just been eating too much rubbish this time around.

It’s very hard being stuck in. I’m gutted I can’t get out for play dates. It was my social time with my friend and the kids would go off and play and burn lots or energy. Since no nursery as well I am very conscious of not doing enough with my daughter and giving too much screen time. It really is hard when you are exhausted all the time.

Has anyone started making a list of all the bits and bobs we need?
I am luckily entirely sorted for girl baby clothes as I kept everything from newborn to about a year. So I will sort through all that. My friend has also offered me all her boy clothes too. So thankful that will save me so much money!

I haven't started at all... Don't even know where to start esp with not getting out. Will need to make a list of everything I do need but so hard to think what I do if that makes sense haha... Xxx

my ot and i where play fighting completely harmless we were only messing around but i turned at the wrong time and he caught me in the lower stomach immediately he stopped petrified that something was wrong he likes listning to my belly and hearing the placenta woosh and he listened straight after and said it sounded normal and keeps checking ever hour bless him. it only stung a little i did spot less than a drop of water and have had a few minor cramps this evening but i have felt baby moving maybe not as much as normal but still enough should i be worried.... i do just want to say it was a complete accident and in no way his fault

my ot and i where play fighting completely harmless we were only messing around but i turned at the wrong time and he caught me in the lower stomach immediately he stopped petrified that something was wrong he likes listning to my belly and hearing the placenta woosh and he listened straight after and said it sounded normal and keeps checking ever hour bless him. it only stung a little i did spot less than a drop of water and have had a few minor cramps this evening but i have felt baby moving maybe not as much as normal but still enough should i be worried.... i do just want to say it was a complete accident and in no way his fault
Awww hope you are feeling better today... It is nothing worse when have an accident... Sure baby well padded and cuddled up safe. Just take it easy and rest and look after your beautiful baby xxx

Awww hope you are feeling better today... It is nothing worse when have an accident... Sure baby well padded and cuddled up safe. Just take it easy and rest and look after your beautiful baby xxx
Spotting has stopped as well as cramping felt baby moving and kicking today as well my fault for being so silly lesson learnt

Spotting has stopped as well as cramping felt baby moving and kicking today as well my fault for being so silly lesson learnt
Accidents happen long as you and baby are okay. It is so easy to forget sometimes we have to be careful. Xxx

@Jade jones baby is very well cushioned in there! My daughter has jumped on my stomach before and everything has been fine. These things happen, glad you’re ok.

Well that day I posted I felt her for the first time! Now I’m able to notice it, in the bath, after I eat, when I got to bed and usually in the morning after a cuppa. Love it feeling her there xx

Am I right in saying it’s @MelC2011 scan today. If so good luck and can’t wait to hear :)

Hope all you ladies are well xxx

Thanks ladies however it got changed to next Weds ... gutted! Although for the best as I’m self isolating for 14 days due to coronvirus symptoms :sad:

Also, Hubby not allowed into scan with me next week ... it’s really making me sad.

How’s everyone else doing? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back