August 2020 Mummies

I’m sorry your partner couldn’t go in with you today! Exciting news about the twins though! Yay!

I got a call yesterday afternoon asking if I could go in today for my scan since there was a cancellation! Baby wasn’t overly cooperative, wanted to curl up in a ball low down in my pelvis but it all worked out in the end. It was an hour long scan. We *think* it’s a girl - from every angle we checked even multiple times and we couldn’t find any little boy parts BUT she said that due to my baby being super active and never holding still, she couldn’t confirm it’s a girl because she couldn’t definitively see the 3 dark lines. At the start of the scan she told me I don’t even look pregnant, despite being almost 22 weeks (although baby is over 12” long already so she’s guessing I’m farther along)
I have just got really big especially over the last week. So happy you got to see your baby though even if curled up and woww if you are even further along. Hopefully they might have better idea of everything next time you go. Xxx

awww thats amazing :) xx why couldnt your partner go in i thought they allowed 1 person with you? xx

I think they are just being extra cautious. It’s varying from hospital to hospital. The hospitals here have now stopped ALL visitors to wards etc unless under certain circumstances like end of life care etc

I think they are just being extra cautious. It’s varying from hospital to hospital. The hospitals here have now stopped ALL visitors to wards etc unless under certain circumstances like end of life care etc
oh no :( well atleast he got pictures x

I have just got really big especially over the last week. So happy you got to see your baby though even if curled up and woww if you are even further along. Hopefully they might have better idea of everything next time you go. Xxx
Thank you! With repositioning and walking baby complied and stretched out a bit

I hope it’s ok to post links... this is from Canada but it looks like moms and babies should be ok through this COVID-19 pandemic

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/pregnant-women-coronavirus-1.5505372
Thank you for that, that gives me a little more peace in this horrible situation. I think we will be in lockdown soon. I have hospital on Wednesday so will hopefully not be then as don't want to be stopped and asked why out but will go unless told not to, to every appointment. Xxx

I have a consultant appointment on Wednesday too Jac. Even in a lockdown we will still be allowed to attend as they are essentially to our care. I will be having an appointment and scan every 4 weeks now to check these babies are growing ok. I just hope I don’t end up catching it and needing to self isolate.

Just be extra careful ladies and hopefully the worst is over by August.

I know just wish if lockdown they could give you like a card or something to show allowed out for appointments like some key workers are getting.

I am same hope it is better sooner than they think.. Should be in lockdown to try help that happen.
I know you just have so many appointments booked with having twins. Hope you keep safe and all the love ladies on here... Just a rubbish time for everyone just now xxxx

I assume our little purple book with appointments wrote in would be enough to prove where we were going.

Fingers crossed.
Hope everyone else is keeping well.

Your purple notes will suffice surely as proof you’re attending a medical appointment.

Well that’s me self isolating for 14 days. I developed a persistent cough on Sunday so going by the NHS 111 Covid-19 page our whole household needs to self isolate.

So many emotions running through my brain at the minute.

I hope everyone is ok. Stay safe lovely ladies xx

Awww Mel thinking of you and your family... Hope it goes away quickly for you.

Yes will have my purple book everywhere so feel okay will get to and from if allowed out a walk a day etc... Xxx

Anyone else still feeling really sick?
I’ve been sick this morning and feel I could go again any minute. I have my appointment at 1 so need to leave soon and just have so much fear I will vomit in the car.

I have felt so rough the last couple days as well. Haven’t managed to get anything done. So fed up of always feeling so rubbish.

Good luck @mummybear2 for appointment today.. Had my midwife and just back... Chairs all seperate and no partners or anything allowed but I don't mind long as everyone is safe. Got my whooping cough vaccine so going to have a lie down. Baby moving crazy now and measuring well in tummy and heartbeat.
I have been lucky and sickness completely gone just now xxx

@mummybear2 i too have been feeling really sick and occasionally vomiting again, for just over a week. Take care of yourself, and try and rest as much as possible. Good luck with appointment.

@Jac2019 so glad appointment went ok :) whooping cough jab made me feel abit yucky too, enjoys your lie down :)

We are currently trying anything to keep the kiddies entertained with homeschool, playing, and out on there bikes a walk. Such strange times to be in, and not liking the uncertainty. But thankfully so far up with us it’s very limited, so just living and hoping that we get off lightly in the large scale.

Hope you are all well, take care and stay safe ladies xxx

@mummybear2 I hope all goes well for you today!

I just got a call from my obs (who is supposed to be on mat leave)... she got my ultrasound results and she wants me to go for a fetal assessment. They are calling right now to book it and will get back to me. It looks like the baby has a left sided clubfoot but the pictures weren’t great due to all the movement so they want to confirm and to confirm there aren’t other issues. I just had a super stressful last 2 days and now this as long as it’s just clubfoot it’s ok, I just hope there’s nothing seriously affecting baby, that’s all

Yeah just resting today @Kiwi_53. I was fine when left hospital then home and it hit me when home... Not sicky as such just headache and shattered... Hope this all blows over if we all do our bit and saves lives and stay in..

Ohhh @Gallop17 I hope all is okay.. It is stressful enough with this world and you are a key worker and now the worry of your baby...thinking of you Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back