August 2020 Mummies

Just make sure you take paracetamol only and anti inflammatory are causing people with vivid 19 to get worse and in most cases seriously ill. Sainsburys are closing all cafe and counters tomorrow so god knows what ill be doing :-(

The whole world has gone mad! Honestly. I’m annoyed they told us to begin with we were fine, no extra risk and now we’ve to socially distance ourselves from people because we are more at risk.
I get they don’t know a lot about it but the information they are releasing isn’t very helpful.
If we are to self isolate for 12 weeks that takes us all the way up until June!

I have been off work sick so don’t need to worry about work... luckily.
I’m not very socially active anyway. I take my daughter to nursery and back. I have a play date once a week with my friend and occasionally pop to the shops. Plus my scans and appointments which I still need to go to. So I won’t be doing much different.

Last edited:
Hey Guys! I’m hoping to join your group - I’m due July 26th (though I think early July so we will see ). Due to the ultrasound techs being sick and off work, I haven’t had my 20 week anatomy scan... can’t wait to know for sure if it’s a boy or girl

Hey Guys! I’m hoping to join your group - I’m due July 26th (though I think early July so we will see ). Due to the ultrasound techs being sick and off work, I haven’t had my 20 week anatomy scan... can’t wait to know for sure if it’s a boy or girl
Hi welcome... Glad you came over to this thread and joined us... We are here for you or if ever just want someone to listen or ask anything.. You aren't alone with us. Can't wait for you to get scan and to hear what you are having xxx

Welcome and exactly like jac said! or even if u want a chat were here

Welcome @Gallop17

Lovely to have another join our lovely group. Have you had a date through of when your scan will be? Xx

Just back from my appointments, scan went well, they got all the extra measurements they needed and baby still being an awkward customer and making them work for it haha.
Had my 22 week appointment straight after where I had the whooping cough jab so grand to get it over and done with, still have leukocytes in urine so it’s being sent off and also got swabs taken in case of infection. But otherwise all ok.
They didn’t say much about the virus but just that I will be kept a closer watch nearer the end as with previous pregnancy’s having to be delivered south and nobody really knows what’s going on just now.
Also got my baby box form so that’s nice :)

Hope your all well xxx

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! No date for the scan yet but out here they have been calling me 1-2 days in advance to book appts (I’ve had multiple scans so far due to complications). Fingers crossed for in the next week or two

Looks like schools in Scotland and Wales are shutting at the end of the week...

Are any of you still working?

I have my scan on Friday and am wondering if my partner will even be allowed in at this stage.

@mummybear2 I hope your partner will be allowed in! Out here (Canada) hospitals are limiting visitors to one per patient, so I’d like to think that even going by that rule, as long as neither of you have symptoms that your partner would be allowed to go with you... it’s a special moment for you guys!

I’m still at work but don’t have much of a choice - I work as a paramedic so we are deemed essential medical staff at this stage and need to still work

Oh my, I can’t even imagine doing such a hard job right now. I hope you manage to stay virus free.

Glad your scan went well @Kiwi_53, hopefully your swabs come back ok.
I’m excited for getting a baby box (or two) this time around! I think I just missed out with my first.

Well that’s my daughter off nursery now, maybe for good. They are still open until Friday but a lot of staff are now self isolating and they need the spaces for children who’s parents work. I started crying while she was saying goodbye to her teachers. Bloody hormones!! Hopefully when everything blows over they will get a wee leaving party or something because she starts school.

I hope everyone is well and not stressing too much just now.

i was on a normal day off today and my manager phoned me and said they are putting me on paid leave so atm im not back at work till 5th april now

I’m having to work from home starting tomorrow. Not sure what’s happening with my little boys nursery though. Don’t even know whether work would let me work from home whilst having a 3yr old to look after too.

Such scary times and pregnancy hormones are making me so emotional xx

I’m having to work from home starting tomorrow. Not sure what’s happening with my little boys nursery though. Don’t even know whether work would let me work from home whilst having a 3yr old to look after too.

Such scary times and pregnancy hormones are making me so emotional xx
i know what you mean ive felt like the urge to have a meltdown all day. must be hormones my jobs secure i have money for bills and food everything is fine but just feel like crying

i know what you mean ive felt like the urge to have a meltdown all day. must be hormones my jobs secure i have money for bills and food everything is fine but just feel like crying

Snap ... exactly this.
I think it’s just the unknown that’s so frightening. No-one can predict what will happen or for how long.

Stay safe xx

Snap ... exactly this.
I think it’s just the unknown that’s so frightening. No-one can predict what will happen or for how long.

Stay safe xx
you too and to all of our mumms take extra precautions keep safe xxxx

Yeh this whole thing is making me mega emotional and stressed, I think it’s the unknown, we have gone shopping and just nothing was on the shelf, so it worries me how it’s going to keep going. Currently there is no baby formula in the shops and everybody up here is panicking that even the chemists are not going to be able to get it. Some people are having to get people south to by it and post it up here. Thankfully it doesn’t apply to me just now, but I can’t help get stressed about food and everything.
We are now just going to stay home about, thankfully if weather is nice enough we can get outside as where we live is remote and we would see nobody. Hubby is still out at work so paranoid he’s going to take it back to us anyway, but just trying to be extra careful with everything, but yes mammas please all stay safe. Xxx

Ohhhhhhh @mummybear2 good luck for scan can't wait to hear how it all goes Friday esp with 2 wee babies.

@MelC2011 I hope your work don't mind, I mean what else are you meabt to do with your child.... Its not like you have a choice.

@Jade jones hope you are okay and they tell you to go home not put you in work somewhere that health could suffer as if on shope floor boxes are too heavy. Great to hear your scan went well...just make sure work keep your pregnancy in mind

@Kiwi_53 Ohh it is a worry with shelves here and if you are on island that is more a worry I bet esp when you have 2 kids already. Hope they fill up your shelves soon for you but nice being able to walk in fresh air in peace and quiet.

As all you have said.. Keep safe and rest when can xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back