******August 2014 mummies******

Aww that's great nelly belly :)
Have been to my aqua natal class tonight I usually love it as it's so relaxing and feels so good to take the weight off my bump but tonight some prat decided to dive bomb into the pool right next to me and scare the life out of me. Even tho 15 pregnant women glared at him a nd told him to grow up he continued to do it another 3 tines. The guy was over 30 btw then came over after the class had finished and insulted and carried on with me and my friend. I didn't say anything I was in total shock but she complained that they had not been thrown out the first time they did it. So dont feel as relaxed and happy tonight. :-(

that's awful mummy bear, some people are just so rude!!! I used to like swimming but so many annoying people in the pool making big splashes and thinking they own the place! its usually men too! hope u get to relax today xxx

Just back from my Breast Feeding workshop. Only lasted a hour in the end as there was only 3 of us there and just 1 OH. Although it was short it was informative and reassuring. Have been given lots of leaflets etc to go through x

Thanks for that Leanne! Sorry u have felt so awful of late......I hope now that work is behind u u can start to turn a corner!
I'm currently waiting my one to one CBT after some over the phone low intensity stuff. Unfortunately the wait means I'm likely not to b seen until baby us here :-/ That's going to make it quite hard as although CBT is great I don't think with a newborn I would have the time or energy to put into it what I would need to!...... In the meantime I've been told to have a look at the compassionate minds cause on netmums written by mums that have had PND so I'm going to give that a go!....... Great blog hun- thanks for sharing and being so open and honest- its great that these problems can b talked about and shared openly. *hugs* to u xxxx

Sorry to butt in mum2b but mum2b I'm a CBT therapist (high intensity) and in the service i work for all pregnant women are prioritised for treatment. following pregnancy if its PND related and you have children under the age of 2 years you also get prioritised. in all the services i have worked in this is the policy. i really suggest you contact the service and ask why you haven't been prioritised. sorry if this information is wrong im just going on my experiences. hope you are ok xxx

Thanks for this hun! I will ring up and see what they say. My boy is 2 and a half now so I doubt that would count?..... Its a service I got referred to when I told my midwife I felt low in first tri and with my history (pnd and depression) I was worried about getting PND again! I've had this low intensity anxiety management type stuff over the phone for a couple of months but she then decided I needed to go and c someone one to one and the wait would b 3-4 months!..... The hospital drs r annoyed I'm having to wait (as am I tbh!) So thanks for telling me that I will def chase it up! Xxx

yes defo ring them and let me know what they say! with being pregnant you should def be prioritised!! they need reminding once in a while I think! xxx

Well I've tried! They don't prioritise pregnant women or PND in this service!! The woman who has been doing my telephone CBT is going to talk to her boss and c if there is anything they can do to speed things up....... But I doubt it! I'm due in 10 weeks and started all of this in January to try and help me and it seems what I really need isn't going to b available to me until the baby is here! Just can't c how I'm going to have the time or energy to do it then! Oh well, not much I can do I guess! ......Thanks for the suggestion to try anyway hun xxx

Mum2B that is so bad that they don't prioritise! 3 people i've assessed this week prioritised for being pregnant!! the service in your area sounds ridiculous! I thought it was policy that pregnant women, PND and veterans are prioritised! must be something the service decides upon themselves rather than the department of health! really annoyed for you xxx

They rang me back at lunchtime and have got me an appt for next week now!! Out of my area and with an experienced trainee CBT therapist (I'm not fussed!)..... This is great except for the fact that she repeated to me three times over how they don't normally do this and how I'm bypassing other people on the waiting list etc- made me feel guilty to the point that I told her that's how I felt! She didn't know what to say to me except to discuss it with the therapist next week!!..... She was quite patronising tbh and started going on about my hormones being all over the place coz I'm pregnant! Actually found her quite insulting- yes I may b a bit hormonal but nothing I was saying was irrational!!! I find it really hard to assert myself and calling them to chase my referral up was a big thing for me and she's basically made me feel like crap for doing so!!

Sorry- needed to rant!! I'm going to take this appt next week and hope that it goes well! I could really do with trying to address some issues now rather than in August!
Thanks again xxxx

Oh and she said its to do with the commissioners as to y their service can't prioritise pregnant women!! X

Sorry for my ranting everyone! Hope u r all doing ok?? Not heard from AlanC, Inkfairy, Purplesocks, Allyackles and quite a few others in a while! Hoping they are doing alright :)

Gorgeous here in lanzarote :-D
ybe2y3ap.jpg

Burnt my legs on the first day, now just trying to do the backs which is difficult with a bump in the way! Hope everyone is ok :-D

They rang me back at lunchtime and have got me an appt for next week now!! Out of my area and with an experienced trainee CBT therapist (I'm not fussed!)..... This is great except for the fact that she repeated to me three times over how they don't normally do this and how I'm bypassing other people on the waiting list etc- made me feel guilty to the point that I told her that's how I felt! She didn't know what to say to me except to discuss it with the therapist next week!!..... She was quite patronising tbh and started going on about my hormones being all over the place coz I'm pregnant! Actually found her quite insulting- yes I may b a bit hormonal but nothing I was saying was irrational!!! I find it really hard to assert myself and calling them to chase my referral up was a big thing for me and she's basically made me feel like crap for doing so!!

Sorry- needed to rant!! I'm going to take this appt next week and hope that it goes well! I could really do with trying to address some issues now rather than in August!
Thanks again xxxx

That's fab that you are getting an appointment sooner! but its out of order that she was talking about your hormones etc! not very professional! im glad that your were assertive and at least you will be getting the support you need sooner because u spoke out! don't worry about being with a trainee therapist, you will get the best therapy this way as trainee's get a lot more support with their cases and this leads to better therapy. hope it all goes well!! xxx

Thank u! If it wasn't for u I wouldn't have pushed to b seen so I really appreciate it :)

First panic today. Wife hadn't felt baby moving much so I got her to call in and we are up in triage. Everything fine, very scary though.

Hi Alan! It is v scary when that happens but u guys did exactly the right thing and so pleased all is well!! These babies can b v naughty making us worry! Xx

They really can, the baby also decided to start moving as soon as we got there as well. That seems to be a common occurrence according to my sisters and the midwife :)

Lol yes! I remember Ethan did the same to me last time round at about 30 weeks!! Little tinkers! Great all is well though and they r always so nice about checking u and saying to come back if u r worried! Hopefully Mrs c won't have to go again though- it only happened the once to me last time :)

Think all of us left must be in last week of trimester 2 now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back