*** April 2018 Mummies ~ Tri 2 ***

I've got a changing bag off of MIL for Xmas, the stuff I kept like cot sheets sterilisrts, chair is all either on our loft or my mum's. SIL also has a bag of stuff for us apparently. Just need to get the next few weeks out the way.
Plus I want to wait for the new season clothes to come out x

Got plenty of sleep suits and vests and a 0-3 snow suit. Half of it's second-hand.

Have DS old grey changing bag as he's been using an Avengers back pack toddler style for several months now.

Ladies with a toddler too, what changing bags do you have? A has been off nappies since July so we don't need much for him for a day out just an emergency change and snacks but that won't fit along with baby stuff in my bag from last time. I like the look of pac-a-pods but can't see OH with one.

We've only bought the crib so far. Still have A's travel system which is gender neutral, same as swing etc. Just need to find a space to out I lil lady's stuff when she arrives! Looking at converting our loft or building an extension. Or we'd need to move house but i like where we are.

Cx

Can A have a small backpack with his bits in?
MIL has bought me a cath kidston grey Disney one x
I feel like I am starting again as there will be a large age gap which is exciting x

Meg, good call, I adore mac and cheese!

Loula, very glad to hear all is ok with you, must be a relief for you.

Beth, you look amazing!!

I continue to have dreams about the Brie, cranberry and pistachio baguette...

Aw thank you 😘

Is anyone else having breast issues?! They are so big and uncomfortable. I went to get fitted for new bras in M&S, the bra the lady suggested seemed all good when I tried it on but I'm not sure how good it is in reality. They don't seem held high up enough, and the bra irritates underneath them. It's annoying. To be honest though, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be in any bra now.

I'm also having ongoing leg and foot cramping at night.

On the plus side: scan tomorrow!!

I am muffinski, I’ve basically just gone to matalan and got myself a few bras in varying sizes to try on and got the one that was most comfy. I don’t trust M&S for sizing at all. I went a few years back to be sized properly knowing I would be around a 36D and she measured me at a 38A!!

My back and my hips have been killing me :( I can’t seem to get them to stop hurting!

Eeeek muffinski!! :D exciting!

Omg my sons testing my patience today, literally been up 30 mins and I could hit my head against a brick wall (not literally lol) it should just winge winge wings moan moan moan, I don’t want to go pre school, I want sweeties, I don’t want sweeties, I want to play cars (tips then put everywhere) I don’t want to play cars, I want tv, but not any programme that’s on nor any movie or anything else I’ve shown him either lol! I can’t imagine how fun this will be with 2 lmao!

Anyhow as for being prepared I’m not really prepared at all lol, was more prepared with Toby for sure! We have a two bedroom flat and Toby’s room is the smaller one (only because a double bed won’t fit in there, yes it’s small!) but we plan to get one of those kids fun time bunk beds and then lots of Ikea storage units, for clothes and toys. Figured the baby will be in our room for the first year anyway. But currently Toby was having issues with his room because of the ghosts, so he is in our room, plan is that we get him back in his room whilst we are off over Christmas then in the new year we will decorate and get his new bed and furniture then we can set the cot bed up in our room. But for the bits we need I will be going to the baby show in March! So won’t be buying much else until then. We do have a few outfits though, so cute and tiny every time I look at them reality hits that we are going to have a little newborn again and it’s going so fast! 5 months in and we haven’t officially announced that we are having a baby yet :-o yet 3-4 months into the new year we will be welcoming baby whelan no.2 into the world! Am so very excited!

I’m wishing this weeks away as I have our next scan Tuesday, am so worried they are going to tell me the opposite gender as the plan is I won’t be saying I know just to see what they think, but I’ve got so used to the idea of 2 boys and I’m loving the fact I’ll have two boys that if they said girl I think I’d be a little upset! Who knows I’m sure it’s a boy but I’ve heard so many stories where people have been told the opposite sex to their private gender scans!

Ooooo myffinski best of luck with Your scan today! What time do you have it I’ll be sure to keep my eyes peeled :)

Wow Cossie, that is way off!

I think the size of the new bras is right, just not sure about look / comfort. At least they're not underwire, which does make a difference.

What have you tried for your back and hips? I had back pain a few weeks ago and pregnancy yoga was suggested to me. In the end the pain went away and has stayed away so far, so I haven't tried the yoga yet...

Ooooo myffinski best of luck with Your scan today! What time do you have it I’ll be sure to keep my eyes peeled :)

Aw thanks KerryJo! Unfortunately not until 4:15pm, so it will be at least 5:00 by the time I'll be able to post anything.

How old is Toby KerryJo? And what stuff are you planning to get at the baby show in March? If it's definitely worth going to for the savings, I would do it, I'm just worried about leaving it that late in case she is early.

Just back from our 20 week scan,all is well and baby is most definitely a boy :D. Was lovely seeing him for a decent amount of time,crazy to think we wont see him again til he's here!!

We haven't bought a thing yet! But we have lots to resuse from dd,got her crib,swing,bath,activity mat and plenty of gender neutral newborn and 0-3 clothes. Got her travel system just needs a bit of a clean,want to get one of those buggy boards to attach to it for dd incase she gets tired when were out and about. Gonna stock up on boys clothes in the Jan sales and then all we need is a toddler bed for dd and a bouncy chair and we'll be pretty sorted. Getting some clotbes from hubbys brother 2 as theyve just had a boy 6 months ago so dont mind having some second hand things,saves buying loads when they don't get much wear out of things that young.

I just think time is going too quick!! We need a new carpet for baby's room and then need to get dd to sleep in a toddler bed instead of the.cot before he comes and i just know its going to fly by after Christmas! Cant wait for newborn snuggles again tho!

Good luck for the scan muffin! Xx

Ladies with a toddler too, what changing bags do you have? A has been off nappies since July so we don't need much for him for a day out just an emergency change and snacks but that won't fit along with baby stuff in my bag from last time. I like the look of pac-a-pods but can't see OH with one.

We've only bought the crib so far. Still have A's travel system which is gender neutral, same as swing etc. Just need to find a space to out I lil lady's stuff when she arrives! Looking at converting our loft or building an extension. Or we'd need to move house but i like where we are.

Cx

Dd has a little backpack i put her bits in now and she loves wearing it so i think ill just use my catch kidston changing bag from when she was a baby and keep putting her things in her little bag x

Is anyone else having breast issues?! They are so big and uncomfortable. I went to get fitted for new bras in M&S, the bra the lady suggested seemed all good when I tried it on but I'm not sure how good it is in reality. They don't seem held high up enough, and the bra irritates underneath them. It's annoying. To be honest though, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be in any bra now.

I'm also having ongoing leg and foot cramping at night.

On the plus side: scan tomorrow!!

Yes mine are huge and achey!! Im mostly wearing these maternity sleep bras i got from mother care,not the best support but so comfy! X

I've not tried pregnancy yoga, I might have look see if there are any classes near me. Hope your scan goes well this afternoon muffinski! I'll be at work until 6 but can't wait to see how you got on!

I know what you mean kerryjo, sometimes DS is just having a naggy day and it really winds me up. I can't stand whinging for no apparent reason. We are always calm with him to start with to try and find a reason if there is one (tiredness, hunger etc.) but we have the odd occasion where I might consider putting him outside with a sign 'free to a good home' ( I joke of course :shock:)

I've heard aquanatal yoga is great for aches and pains - never been though! A good massage made me feel so much better.

A has his own backpack but won't wear it, so me carrying 2 bags seems a bit of a faff.

My boobs are agony this time round i really don't remember them ever being this bad with A. I'm a 32f normally so kind of used to the back pain from them but just it's so sore if they brush off something.

I think I'm still in denial there's another baby on the way. Hopefully my scan next week will help it sink in.

Cx

How old is Toby KerryJo? And what stuff are you planning to get at the baby show in March? If it's definitely worth going to for the savings, I would do it, I'm just worried about leaving it that late in case she is early.

Toby is 3 years 5 months now, they grow up too fast! Not sure what I plan to get to be fair I know I was the car seat blanket and I want to try out a bunch of slings and baby carriers which I know I can do there and I want to look at the breastfeeding stuff they have! I just loved it there, last time we got all the big essentials, this time I was to look at the fun little bits and bobs, baby toys, clothes, keep sales etc! I’m literally so excited for it lol wishing life away to go there (I am a shopaholic though and even worse with baby stuff)

Scan all went well! Measurements all normal, and they confirmed she's a girl. All good!!

As I'll have two under two and DS still hasn't fully transitioned to one nap a day, let alone none, today we've picked up a second-hand double buggy that will fit our group 0 car seat on one seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back