The New IVF/IUI Thread - 5BFPs!

Oh forgot to say, my consultant reckoned I'd be going for iui so that's what we're planning, but we won't know til we go for the appointment so it's very mysterious! Lol, excited!

Phoned hospital and only 4 out of 12 have fertilised, sounds rubbish. Feel quite down.

I have to call on Thursday morning and check on how they are doing and then all going well go in on Thursday afternoon to have them transferred.

Just feel like four isn't that many, what if none of them make it to Thursday afternoon?

Skeando, what a horrible shock, but you have 4 wonderful embryos, focus on those. Yes bad things can happen to them, but they can equally do you proud.

I remember being gutted we only got 3 in our last cycle - I honestly couldn't see how we'd get success from them and look at us now!

This is such a hard journey and every cycle has knock-backs, but please keep the faith.

Big hugs

Plus fertilisation is usually 50% or less so 4 isn't that far off what you should expect from 12 eggs, I hope that helps xxx

Did u do ivf or icsi? Those 4 will do good stay positive, you only need 1 or 2 don't you, praying it stays ok for you xxx

Good luck skeando, will be thinking of you on Thurs xxx

Did u do ivf or icsi? Those 4 will do good stay positive, you only need 1 or 2 don't you, praying it stays ok for you xxx

We just did IVF as hubby's test all came back clear. I don't know if they might do ICSI next time if this doesn't work this time, since fertilisation rate was quite low.

Trying to stay positive, just hard.

They will do next time then, but hey there might not be a nxt time, stay positive x

Good Luck Skeando!! Come on your 4 little embies!!

Phoned this morning at work totally shaking and worried, but all four embies made it to today, but not quite good enough to freeze. So they recommended putting two back.

Went in this afternoon and she said I have 1 almst perfect 8cell emby, a really decent 6 and a 5 cell one and the other is a bit crap. So they put the 8 & 6 cell ones back.

I asked about the fertilisation of only four and she said 4/12 were immature, 2 fertilised abnormally and 2 didn't do anything leaving us with four. Which sh said isn't too bad so feel abt better now.

So start progesterone tonight and the long wait. Offcial test date 6th August. .

oh skeando I'm so pleased you've got two on board. I have everything crossed they stick for you.

That is fab news, Skeando! Sending you sticky bean glue! xx

Good luck skeando im routing for ur little embeys xx

Little update, been hospital today they couldn't really say why the embryos didn't survive thaw, they said they were good etc, I dunno just gonna put it down to bad luck. Got app for Sept 10th so should be start the process again end of Sept... So back to all the body prep now, relax and enjoy the summer x

Aw that's crap Gemma, but September will come around really quickly (always comes round too quickly for me as I am a teacher!)

xx

Gemma good news you don't have to wait long to start again. Will be september before you know it.

Well one week after transfer today. No major symptoms to report, just trying not to test until otd next week. Got a feeling it hasn't worked :roll:

Theres really no way of knowing so dont think negative, fingers crossed that it works you have 2 in there which is a great chance xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back