Closed - old IVF thread

More bloods done today, my arms starting to look all black and blue again, looking like I have drug issues is always so much fun. Nurse told me today we may have to go to another hosp for the actual Iui as app they found out yesterday that they have some sort of problem with their lab. This does make me slightly nervous, she was being very vague so either the doesn't know or want to say what is goin on.

Just hoping we make it that far, will worry about it then. More bloods and scan on Monday and fingers crossed no crazy seven follicles again.

Hi girls,

I hope everyone is feeling ok. I'm on day 7 of down-regulating and am getting to be a pro at dashing into my side room at school and having a quick sniff! Though I do think 5 times a day is a bit much (every 4 hours for 4 doses then a double at night).

I finished the Norethisterone on Wednesday so am just waiting for AF. The Gonal F, needles and sharps bin arrived today. Hubby put the Gonal F in the fridge as instructed, but also put the pessaries in there. I told him in no uncertain terms that I draw the line at sticking cold tablets up my hoo-ha!

Blood test in less than 7 days to see if the Buserelin is doing it's job. I think it must be cos I am turning into a bit of a miserable narky cow! Ok, time for another sniff.

x

Last edited:
JennyMarie - yayy for AF arriving - and being back on for before xmas - so pleased for you

Jacq - hope you don't get too many symptoms of DR, well done for managing all those sniffs at school! and I did laugh at your cold pessaries comment...

Skeando - all sounding good so far with you too, I have everything crossed you have just 1 -2 lovely follicles in there when the time is right..

Hi all! I have been quiet since the ivf failed . I have had one counselling appointment and am beginning to get myself out of the sad place I had ended up. I have been popping in and reading all ur journeys and i am routing for you all.
I am on my second cycle since failed ivf and I am late again. I had failed ivf in sept and was 8 days late in oct. I'm not two days late. Is this normal ?? As my clinic never really told me what to expect other than to call on day1 of 3rd cycle if we want to proceed with frozen embryos straight away

Skeando - I've never really bruised that much from having bloods, except the couple of times that they couldn't find the veins. Don't worry about where they do the procedure, it's very simple and I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Jacq - oh it's exciting that you got your drugs :good: Fingers crossed AF arrives soon. Have you already got your scan booked then, even before you've bled?

Greek - Hiya :) your AF being late was exactly how I responded, it should keep getting more and more normal in terms of duration over three cycles.

So when you get AF, will that be your IUI cycle or are you still waiting?

AFM - I'm feeling a bit run down :( maybe I have a cold coming or something... My uterus feels like its twinging already even though only day 5 of Norethisterone, it feels a bit like a pulled muscle. Only a couple of days until I start on buserelin, time seems to be going so quickly which is the good thing :)

Louise, scan is booked for Friday 23rd. I will have my blood test Friday 16th to check the Buserelin has worked and that I can start the Gonal F. Is it not the norm to have all those dates booked up?

Last edited:
Your clinic just seems to be assuming that everything will go exactly to plan and normally they don't like giving appointments out unless they know everything is going to plan.

I've always had to phone on cd 1 before they confirm DR and they always had to confirm DR before starting me on stims and giving me a follicle growth scan date :)

Hi girls I was wondering if I could join u? We had our fertility appointment Thursday and whilst we wait for our free ivf go on nhs we are going to fund iui. Yesterday I booked our consultant appointment and its 14th Jan next year! feels a bit sereal atm but I feel a bit happier and relaxed now we have some direction. I am totally clueless so any help,guidance, experiences etc people have would be most appreciative, also I know the support in here is great! :) I hope we've made the right decision. Xx

Last edited:
Your clinic just seems to be assuming that everything will go exactly to plan and normally they don't like giving appointments out unless they know everything is going to plan.

I've always had to phone on cd 1 before they confirm DR and they always had to confirm DR before starting me on stims and giving me a follicle growth scan date :)

Ah ok, I did think they were kind of assuming a lot with booking it all up, but I'm glad they did as AF just arrived. Woohoo! This is the first time in a long time I've been happy about the witch turning up. But to me it just signifies being another step closer to that BFP. Day 9 of nasal spray too, so I'm past the halfway mark...well by that I mean I am assuming I get to stop sniffing once I start stimulating?!!

Hiya Tinks :) Welcome on board ;)

Jacq - congrats on AF :) I think you have to sniff until EC but i could be wrong. You have to keep taking the injections but lower dosage, they stop you ovulating all of your eggs before EC.

Yeah I've just been looking at my treatment schedule and it does look like I have to keep going with the nasal spray. Sigh!

I have to admit I am not coping emotionally today. My 3 year old is full of bounce and silliness and I am just getting very wound up very easily. It doesn't help that I don't seem to be sleeping either. I am most certainly not looking forward to the children's birthday party we have to go to later :/

Aren't you supposed to ship them off to the grandparents on Sundays? :)

I've been to kiddies birthday parties for my friends kids and they do take a lot of willpower not to insist on good behaviour :oooo:

I'm feeling pretty run down too, but mine isn't AF related. You know when you just feel groggy? Dry eyes, aching joints, mild headache - i could do with a week in bed.

Snap Louise me too, I ache feel groggy and my glands are up in my neck, think I May be coming down with a cold :-( typical as we fly to new York Friday.

Yeah, i've suspected that i was coming down with something for a few days but nothing has come up yet.

You've got me feeling my glands now lol Nothing there either ;)

Oh gosh - NYC on Friday! Very jealous! Have you been before? What a great place to get some xmas shopping done :)

Last edited:
No I haven't been but my hubby has been before we were together, he went in 2003. I'm very excited, just hope I can rid of this before we fly as I don't travel well as my ears normally play me up & that's on a good day! I intend do do some shopping and hopefully get some xmas gifts. we are there for the Maceys thanksgiving parade,so looking forward to that too. Trying to persuade hubby to come on the ice rink in central park or the Rockefeller centre with me but he's not having any of it hahaha

Aren't you supposed to ship them off to the grandparents on Sundays? :)

I've been to kiddies birthday parties for my friends kids and they do take a lot of willpower not to insist on good behaviour :oooo:

LOL I did ship him off with mum for a couple of hours but they were back in under an hour as he needed a wee and they couldn't get to a toilet quick enough! I was trying to get some school work done, but never mind. Then it was the party with the magician that got the stretchy balloons out (the one thing I cannot stand in life and so I nearly had to walk out as I felt I was about to vomit!) That and the usual situation of knowing none of the parents so being a Billy No Mates for two hours. Oh joy!! What we are willing to do for our little ones eh?! I don't know how my hubby has managed to be working for all three birthday parties I've attended in the last three months. Me thinks a HUGE payback is coming to him when I will be far too busy with a new baby to take our son to all the social events of 3 and 4 year olds. Ha!!

Ok rant over, normal service resumes!

Cycle cancelled again due to too many follicles. Prob gonna start again on Clomid instead of injections in Jan. Gutted in't the word. And I now need to go back to work

Oh Skeando I'm so sorry :hugs: how many follicles did you have? What dose of injections have you been on?

I'm so sorry Skeando :( You must be so upset, but January isn't too far off and you get to enjoy xmas and things?

Perhaps you should get humping just on the off chance? xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back