Closed - old IVF thread

I had 5 I think, 7 last time. They really only want one or two for IUI due to risk of multiple pregnancy.

Was on 150 menopur last time, 100 gonal f this time.

I'm totally gutted, January feels like forever away..... I know its not really, but when I started this in August I had prepared myself for it not to work, but not to not even have had a shot.

Have no idea how a cycle will work on clomid/ whatever tablets they have planned, might have to have a natural cycle in between the two, and since it took 5 weeks for me to have a period after I stopped injections last time, god knows how long that will take.

Have been told to carry on with nasal spray until I hear the results of the review next week, although I won't need it if on tablets.

Just want to curl up in a wee ball and never wake up :eek:(

I'm doing an IUI cycle ATM with Clomid which I took CD2-6 and 150iu of Gonal F on CD7 & 9. As of yesterday I had 3 main follicles at 12, 10 & 10mm with a few below 6mm so I'd certainly consider a clomid IUI cycle if I were you.

Last edited:
Congrats Tinker :)

Have they given you an estimated date for the IUI yet? xx

I've got to have another scan tomorrow, but at a guess I'd say Thursday if the largest one has reached 18 by Wednesday.
Only ended up having 2 doses of Gonal F as after the scan yesterday they decides the 3rd wasn't needed or could risk having over 3 dominant follicles

How did the scan go Tinkerbell?

Day 12 of Buserelin nasal spray for me...it's almost becoming automatic!

Hope the scan went well tinker :)

Before you know it you'll be having EC Jacq! ;)

I had my first stab of Buserelin yesterday, it was fine. I was expecting some kind of sudden mood to take over me based on how much some other people seem to whinge about it, but nope. I suppose there is time for that yet :oooo:

Hi Lou, I was fine mood wise with buserelin, but after a few days I did suffer from hot sweats in the night. On the whole they were ok. It was the gonal f I didn't like as felt really bloated! I only have to take buserelin injections for 4 days this time. How many days for you? xx

Ooops, just noticed i don't have you on the front page Jenny.

So this is IVF #2?

What other drugs are you on at the same time as Gonal F?

I'm on buserelin from cd 21 until EC. I take 0.5ml until CD1, which is intended to be at least 7 days, and then 0.2ml until EC.

I do think that the effects are suppose to last quite a while, but if you ovulate your eggs before EC then you're screwed so maybe my clinic are just more cautious.

Had another scan today aswell as yesterday and Sunday and its looking likely my IUI will be cancelled :cry: got to go for another scan on Friday.
I have 3 follicles leading the way but there's a 4th close behind and their limit is 3 although I was hoping for no more than 2. They are at almost 15, 2 at 13 and the 4th is almost 12. If it reaches 14 on Friday then that it :(

I'm actually really annoyed at the clinic, I was worried about this happening when they put me on 150 of Gonal F even though was meant to be only 3 doses, though I only took 2 it did seem high dose but they brushed my concerns off and said would be fine.

Aw i'm sorry Tinker :hug:

Why are they waiting until Friday?

Anything over 14mm will have an egg in it so surely they should be looking to getting you triggered early rather than risking cancelling. They should have you in again tomorrow.

You don't know it's over yet, so try to stay hopeful. When i'm taking daily 150iu my follicles only grow by 1-2mm, so if it's only your body doing the growing then perhap it might be much less.

What size were they at the last scan and when was it? xx

Last edited:
I guess they think there'll be more of a difference from today than if I go back again tomorrow. They won't trigger until one is at least 17/18mm so still 2 days I guess till that point.

Yesterday they were 13.5, 2 at 12 and 1 at 10 point something.

It's really going to be cutting it close isn't it...

I really hope that it works out for you, just need to keep everything crossed :hug:

Tinkerbell, I feel ur pain.

I really hope ur not cancelled as it sucks, I have everything crossed for you.

Ooops, just noticed i don't have you on the front page Jenny.

So this is IVF #2?

What other drugs are you on at the same time as Gonal F?

I'm on buserelin from cd 21 until EC. I take 0.5ml until CD1, which is intended to be at least 7 days, and then 0.2ml until EC.

I do think that the effects are suppose to last quite a while, but if you ovulate your eggs before EC then you're screwed so maybe my clinic are just more cautious.

Hi Lou, yes this is our 2nd ICSI. I'm only on the gonal f but will be taking a 375 dose. Had to take buserelin at same time on first go but now I don't. They hoping this will help me get more than 4 eggs.

Tinkerbell will be keeping everything crossed for Fri.

Skeando how u feeling now?

Ah i see, so they are assuming the buserelin might have stunted you. Lets hope so :)

Tinkerbell, I feel ur pain.

I really hope ur not cancelled as it sucks, I have everything crossed for you.

Thank you, it's horrible isn't it? Espcially as I felt like I know my body best and had a feeling this would happen with the meds and doses they suggested.
What's your clinics limit for cancelling?

Blondy had 3 follicles didn't she? And only ended up pregnant with one.

Last edited:
Can I join you ladies in here? I had a follow up appointment after my hycosy today and I've been told I'll be started on iui, I'm just waiting for my inital appointment with the consultant first! Eeekkkk im scared!xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back