***The Birmingham Meet ~ 8th Aug. Updated 1st Post***

DebbieM said:
I dont know if I have just missed it or what but what time is the meet and is there anything else I should know LOL

12 noon at the bandstand if dry, or the tea room if wet. Both are towards the back of the park so when you arrive you need to head straight through the entrance, not turn left or right but follow the path towards the back, it's about a 10 minute walk from the car park.

If people wanna bring a picnic blanket, some lunch, maybe a toy, and some crisps or cakes or something to share is what we did last year.

PLEASE NOTE: THE HUGE INDOOR BIT, WITH CAFE, BAR, CASHPOINT ETC IS CLOSED FOR A REFIRB SO BRING MONEY ETC WITH YOU!! The garden tearoom does sell basics like crisps, cakes, drinks, sandwiches etc and there are toliets nearby.

Now is the time to start asking any questions if anyone is unsure about anything!

I'm a bit late in finding out about this, but me and my little one - Oliver would like to come too.

How do I go about finding a text buddy - sorry - new to this!

Count me and Jake (but not my sister) in as a deffo, all being well. I will have to work my bum off trying to make the flexi-time back up tho :evil:

here's the forecast:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/day ... 09QH&day=4

Here's the postcode:

B12 9QH

Can someone be Zodiac's text buddy?

Also if you are coming via train maybe it'd be good to all say now, then you can try and meet up at the station and come on the bus together.

Has everyone printed directions off the first post? :)

I dont mind being anybodys txt buddies PM me, cant wait to meet everyone on friday :D

I won't be able to make the meet afterall, I really feel gutted about this :( It's the money situation. Last week I had to buy a whole load of 3-6 month clothes for Dan as he seems to have had a growth spurt, money is now very tight this month.

Have a great time though everyone and fingers crossed I will meet some of you at some point :hug:

charlie84 said:
I dont mind being anybodys txt buddies PM me, cant wait to meet everyone on friday :D

Thanks Charile - I've pm'd ya. :D

I live a 10 min drive from the park. I do not have a text buddy for the meet as yet. Still plan on coming :)
So, if anyone would like a local text buddy, let me know!

clarey said:
If anyone else is going by train do you wanna meet at New St? My train gets in at 11.30, but dont know the station well enough to suggest a meeting place!

If you want me to meet you I can :). I will be travelling from my partners in Nuneaton that morning, by train. So, could meet you if you fancied. We could get the bus to the park together.

Cool do you know of anywhere to meet? I dont know New St that well, or can anyone else suggest somewhere obvious for the train peeps to meet? :D

kazlin said:
I won't be able to make the meet afterall, I really feel gutted about this :( It's the money situation. Last week I had to buy a whole load of 3-6 month clothes for Dan as he seems to have had a growth spurt, money is now very tight this month.

Have a great time though everyone and fingers crossed I will meet some of you at some point :hug:

Aw NOOOOOo I'm gutted :( :( :(

Urchin said:
kazlin said:

Aw NOOOOOo I'm gutted :( :( :(

Me too, all my bills have just gone out, got to repair laptop and have Imogens borthday coming up. Its all about money and im fiercely gutted as i wanted to come badly this year! cryed when i realised i couldnt afford it.
On a good note im going to a mini meet in peterborough on the 15th instead! and its only 20 mins away woohoo

clarey said:
Cool do you know of anywhere to meet? I dont know New St that well, or can anyone else suggest somewhere obvious for the train peeps to meet? :D

Burger King in New St station is on the main foyer when you come through the barriers. I think it is a good, easily found place for train peeps to meet :)

And then, just outside the station is the 45/47 bus stop which leads to cannon hill park.....Or the 35 bus is just a walk thorugh the pallasades, whch leads to the side of the park we need :)

great, we will meet you there then! We should be there from around 11.30 as long as train is on time!

mrs_tommo22 said:
Me too, all my bills have just gone out, got to repair laptop and have Imogens borthday coming up. Its all about money and im fiercely gutted as i wanted to come badly this year! cryed when i realised i couldnt afford it.
On a good note im going to a mini meet in peterborough on the 15th instead! and its only 20 mins away woohoo

:shock: :shock: :shock: Peterborough? Who's going? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

well ive been trying and trying to persuade o/h to come to the meet with me as theres no way i could come on my own with christopher id never manage on the train hes a right terror now and i really thought i was getting somewhere till we had a phone call to say his brother is coming down from london friday morning to spend the day with me for my birthday :( :( :( sorry girls im def out this year :cry:

hope you all have a fantastic time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

aw rach thats a bummer :(

jodie of course you can come all the details are in the first post :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back