***The Birmingham Meet ~ 8th Aug. Updated 1st Post***

Urchin

Reaction score
I've been avoiding making this thread as there are so many meet threads at the moment, but so many people have been asking me about the main meet, I thought I'll just have to make one.

Who's Coming

Urchin, Mason, Brody and Riley
Evemarie, Clark
Lily'smummy, Lily
Kimbo & Leah
mrs_tommo22
greendayrock
charlie84 and Calleigh
clarey and Eva
Beany Lawson and Vaughn.
Babylicious and Harrison
G3M and Leland
Beanie Seren & Cally
Leckershell & Ryan
Fuffins1981, bubs and Tyler
Adele
AngelBlue
Babylicious & Harrison
The "M's" (Debbie, Matt & Luke) :lol:
Purple13
Zodiac & Oliver
Tangerinedream & Jake
jodie_honey
Flame & Leif
Kina and Ella!

Maybes

Jaydesmummy
Lisa&Alex, Charlotte and Ted
GGG
Budge

Tracey 2
Sylvie and Louis

The Meet will take place at 12 noon, Friday 8th August, at Cannon Hill Park Edgbaston Road, Birmingham B12 9QH

Everyone make sure you have at least 1 text buddy

Road directions:

M5 Motorway

Exit the motorway at junction 4 and follow the signs for the A38, Bristol Road, this will lead through Northfield and Selly Oak. As you reach Selly Oak you will come to a main set of traffic lights, keep going straight on, down the Bristol Road, passed Birmingham University, until you see signs for BBC Pebble Mill. Turn right following the signs into Pebble Mill road and turn left at the end onto the Pershore road A441. Travel up the Pershore until the junction with Edgbaston Road, take a right towards the cricket ground. The entrance to the park is on the right directly opposite the cricket ground. Park at the very end of the car park if possible, follow it as far as you can go, try and park before it turns right onto grass. This is not crucial, but it's easier to get to the meeting point.

M6 Motorway

Exit the motorway at junction 6 & follow the signs for the A38M, follow the A38, where you will travel through the Queensway tunnels. As you exit the tunnels move into the left hand lane by Bristol Street Motors, to turn left at the main traffic lights at Bristol road. You will come to a large roundabout, turn right, taking the third exit to the A441 Pershore road. carry on up the pershore Rd until junction with Edgbaston road. Turn Left towards the cricket grond, The entrance to the park is on the right directly opposite the cricket ground.
Park at the very end of the car park if possible, follow it as far as you can go, try and park before it turns right onto grass. This is not crucial, but it's easier to get to the meeting point.

M42 Motorway

Exit the motorway at junction 2 and follow the signs for the A441 Pershore road. Follow the signs through Kings Norton and Cotteridge. Go straight over the roundabout at Kings Norton, till you approach two small roundabouts at Cotteridge. Go straight over the first roundabout and turn right at the second roundabout. Continue down the Pershore road going through Stirchley, continue passed the fitness centre on the right. Travel up the Pershore until the junction with Edgbaston Road, take a right towards the cricket ground. The entrance to the park is on the right directly opposite the cricket ground. Park at the very end of the car park if possible, follow it as far as you can go, try and park before it turns right onto grass. This is not crucial, but it's easier to get to the meeting point.

On arrival at the park, go over the bridge and enter the park itself.
You will see duckponds, the Meet will take place BEHIND them, so you will need to take a path between the ponds. There are trees running all along the back of the park, the bandstand is just in front of them, near the toliets and on the same path as the tearoom.

If you look at this map

smaller-map.gif

you will see I have highlighted parking and the bandstand and tearoom.

The forecast is good so we will be meeting at the BANDSTAND,This is what it looks like

L216854.jpg

if it's really wet, we will be in the TEAROOM, it's on the same path as the bandstand, about 200m away, this is what it looks like:

tearoom.jpg

FOR LATECOMERS: if it's sunny we will be picnicing in front of the bandstand, so we'll be easy to find, if its wet we'll stay in the tearoom.

PLEASE everyone look at the map! Print it if you can! After you enter the park it is still about a 5-10 minute walk, as long as you head toward the back of the park you should be OK, but there are MAPS about, so PLEASE try to find us before calling me!

I fancy this Urchin, it's a fair way for me, but hey you never know :wink: :D

Id really like to try and make this one if i can and if its a weekday then thats even better as i work weekends!

woo hoo another meet,

that sounds good with me hun il have to double check but yep so far cant wait.

:hug: :hug: :cheer:

Birmingham is a long way from me and i'll have a few month old baby BUT i'd love to come. Maybe i can convince OH to stretch to a couple of nights away somewhere near there so we can make a nice little break out of it!

Anywhere nice nearby?
(i've never been to birmingham before!)

BabyBee said:
Birmingham is a long way from me and i'll have a few month old baby BUT i'd love to come. Maybe i can convince OH to stretch to a couple of nights away somewhere near there so we can make a nice little break out of it!

Anywhere nice nearby?
(i've never been to birmingham before!)

MummyKay and a few others stayed overnight in hotels last time, there's the Bllring for shopping, the Sealife Centre, and quite a few other things to do. :)

:cheer: Yay I'm determined to make it to this one! I'll start saving now and Kev can have a sick day if he can't get the day off! :D

Just mentioned it to OH and he too seems interested, he's been to Birmingham before. Oh and he mentioned that there are a couple of goth type shops (mini Camden apparently :wink: ) so yay, we are interested. We would book into a hotel over night :D

Anyone got a huge long shepherds hook so I can drag ggg from Wales??? :D

im comin
but i think ill be staying over this time cos last year it was too much, 100miles there and 100 milse back :shock: :shock:
and with leah it will be extra hard!
gosh i was only 14 weeks pregnant last time!!! :shock: :shock:

yay! I would love to come to the meet :D 15th is good for me.

kazlin said:
Just mentioned it to OH and he too seems interested, he's been to Birmingham before. Oh and he mentioned that there are a couple of goth type shops (mini Camden apparently :wink: ) so yay, we are interested. We would book into a hotel over night :D

you need tocheck out Oasis (I think it is still around??) as they have loads of goth shops

kazlin said:

Yep i'll try and make this one, we can stay in the same hotel! :dance: :dance:

I'd love to come but I'll only be 2-3 weeks away from my due date. It might have to be a very last minute decision for me :lol:

I'll try & make it, depends if OH can get the time off as I dont fancy train on my own :)

Is that date generally OK for people?

I've done it before with endless polls, month, week, days of week etc and I found it's loads easier to just say a day and see if people can make it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back