~~**THE MEET**~~ UPDATED WITH MAP

Urchin

Reaction score
Right, I'm hoping this will be the last thread on this as I think we have all the info we need now, so here goes:

When?
The meet will take place on Thursday 10th August at 12noon

Where?
Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham. (the links on the left of that page have loads of info. There's a "garden tea room" if it rains.

How will I get there?
I will be posting more info closer to the time EDIT: NOW POSTED BELOW, but for now if you arrive by train into Birmingham City Centre, it's a short walk (2-3 mins from New street station) to Corporation Street and the number 45 bus takes exactly 10 minutes to get there.
If you can work out what station you will be arriving at I will help with info to get you where you need to go!
Those that are driving, just let me know what motorway you'll be coming in on and I'll sort you out directions.
This site is pretty good if you need other help with journey planning.
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/cityplan/

Closer to the time I'll get a map and pinpoint a meeting spot on it (as the park is huge)

Bring a picnic, I'll bring sticky labels so we know who everyone is!

NOTE: If everyone wants to say the town they are coming from, and what transport they will be using, it'll be easier to hook people up if they want to meet on a train or have a lift or whatever :)

Who else is going and what food are they bringing!?

Urchin (Anneliese), Brody and Mason -muffins
Beanie (Shona) and Seren - salad
LauraB
Xena and Lydia
Dionne, Dior and Harley
Littlelady87
Tankett (from Leicester and will be driving if anyone wants a lift)
Bexxie (driving from Suffolk if anyone needs a lift)
Hannahbet20
Vicky and Kacy
Lauz_1601 and Ella
Littleminx
JMC
Beany and Lawson
Izzie5400
Kim and Rubie
Hels and Charlotte
Hypnorm and Ewan
Manda and Abigail
HayleyB
imi
Rach
Kina and Ella - cookies
Sami and Damien
BubbleOne, OH and Phoebe

Here's a map..... I'll do another one for directions from the bus stop. Is anyone getting the bus from Birmingham City Centre?

THE ENTRANCE IS OFF EDGBASTON ROAD, DIRECTLY OPPOSITE THE CRICKET GROUND.
IF YOU TRY AND PARK TOWARDS THE END OF THE CAR PARK (WHERE I'VE PUT THE CAR SYMBOL) THEN YOU'LL BE CLOSER TO THE ACTUAL MEETING SPOT AND THE NATURE CENTRE.
THERE IS ALSO A FIELD AT THE END FOR ADDITIONAL PARKING.
THE MEETING SPOT IS WHERE THE STAR IS, IT'S NICE AND SHADY AND HOPEFULLY NOT TOO BUSY.

THE ARROW SHOWS THE WAY TO WALK, IT'S A FOOTPATH FOLLOW IT OVER THE BRIDGE. IN CASE OF RAIN, THE FOOTPATH ALSO TAKES TO YOU A TEA SHOP.

CannonhillParkcopy.jpg

This is the tea-room (if it's raining at midday meet here instead)
tearoom.jpg

Ah-ha

found another one with roads on it.
cannonhill.jpg

UPDATE!

The Nature Centre has us down for a group booking (we don't all have to go if you don't want to though)
If you say you're from the pregnancy forum when you arrive at the nature centre, you can get in for £1.20!
We could also possibly eat in their cafe if we ask on the day.

-----------------------------

BUS DIRECTIONS
OK for people coming on the bus (I'll put this in the first post aswell)

To walk to the Corporation Street from Birmingham New Street Station

• In the main station concourse, go up the escalator directly ahead of the ticket barrier area, then turn left into the Pallasades shopping centre.

• Walk towards the exit, then down the pedestrian ramp from the Pallasades to street level. There is a Mcdonalds on the Ramp

• At the bottom of the go STRAIGHT, crossing over the road and onto Corporation Street

Get on the number 35, 45 or 47 bus The Stops are outside superdrug and ask the driver to tell you when you get to Birmingham Nature Centre You will get off on Persore Road (see map above-- it's the same road the Nature Centre is on)
The nature centre looks like this:
par0038mini.jpg

As you look at the centre in that pic, there is a pathway on the LEFT...a long path with trees either side. Follow the path (it turns left at the end)
There is a gate into cannon hill park there, go straight into the park, over the bridges, carry on straight on the path and you'll come to the meeting spot (the star on the map or the tea room if it's raining)

-----------

What to bring!

Please bring a blanket to sit on if you have one.
Bring your own sandwiches and something to share, eg crisps, if you want to :)

------------

THERE ARE CAFES ETC THERE SO DON'T WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT BRINGING ABSOLUTLEY EVERYTHING.

Wish I could drive guys - If so I'd of came :(

Hope you all have a lovely time on the day :D

Im not going.

hope you all have a good time tho

xxx

Wobbles said:

Wobbles you're not that far away, why not hop on the train?

Layla you should come, it's in the summer hols, bring the kids!

Hope you all have a great day!!

Sorry I cant be there, I get lost very easy traveling on my own.

Hopefully next time we meet ill have a car and drive there!! :D :D

I want to see lots of pics hehe... take care traveling everyone.. xx

yeah i have flossy lookded it up for me she live kinda nr me, and she has to leave hers at 8.30 and wont be there till nearer 1 and ill have to leave earlier than her

beanie said:
Me and Seren will be there :D
phew I thought it was just gonna be me LOL

Actually Laura said she's hoping to be there too so will add her too.

urchin said:
Wobbles said:

Wobbles you're not that far away, why not hop on the train?
I NEVER get on a train without delays or a broken engine EVER (bubble_dreamer will confirm that one lol) - even when we went to alton towers we were set to get that train back to the car park & the power went down! :lol: Infact most people who know me don't want to get on a train with me!!! :lol: Oh & people coming to see me have the same problem but when they go anywhere else their fine :doh:

Just looked up trains though I thought it was further away I think I might actually if I can get my little sister that week & bring her along with me :D

Oh shoot it's a week day! I have already booked 5 days off for that month due for my sisters birthday, my birthday, OHs birthday & a forum BBQ.

Might be able to do it but will have to say nearer to the time. Train is under a tenner so that's a plus side. Will let you know as I've to sort when we are off to Portugal & how long for.

Wobbles said:
Oh shoot it's a week day! I have already booked 5 days off for that month due for my sisters birthday, my birthday, OHs birthday & a forum BBQ.

Might be able to do it but will have to say nearer to the time. Train is under a tenner so that's a plus side. Will let you know as I've to sort when we are off to Portugal & how long for.

Great news, pull a sickie! :wink:

:shock: :lol: Will defo tell you nearer time - Put me as a maybe (?) & defo going to try get my little sister or I'll be the only one childless :lol:

Wobbles said:
:shock: :lol: Will defo tell you nearer time - Put me as a maybe (?) & defo going to try get my little sister or I'll be the only one childless :lol:

No you won't, why don't you try to recuit some more of the TTC's as I'm not sure they all visit "off topic"

Anyway, you're just as welcome to come bringing your little sis as you would be without her...I'd love you to come either way!

I just spotted Laura is going :D

Maybe pop a sticky in TTC section, lock it & link to this thread Urchin?

I probably will, mentioned it to my OH & he's shoked I'm thinking about it but I'm usually arranging meets at my house (summer BBQs) so it will make a nice change.

See how all my pregnancy stuff is going to but hopefully by then I will be 11 weeks pregnant & healthy :pray:

Sod it as long as I'm OK I'll be there :D

still hoping to come will see how im dealing with things when the time comes :D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back