• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*Northeast Meet, South Park, Darlington, Sat 9th August*

that will be a lovely sized meet, get to speak to everyone at least wont you

I think I'm going to try and make the meet tomorrow but I'm a bit scared.

I'll be coming on train. The only problem is i've never been on a train in my adult life so i don't have a clue what I'm doing :oops:

I think there is a change over a Doncaster, What happens? Is the other train already at the station waiting for you? How do you know which train to get on? :think:

Lola's Mummy said:
I think I'm going to try and make the meet tomorrow but I'm a bit scared.

I'll be coming on train. The only problem is i've never been on a train in my adult life so i don't have a clue what I'm doing :oops:

I think there is a change over a Doncaster, What happens? Is the other train already at the station waiting for you? How do you know which train to get on? :think:

Aw petal, don't be scared. Will be so so lovely to see you! I'm hoping to wear my sling so you and Melanie can show me all the different carrys I don't understand!

I'm coming by train too (although I don't have to change). Usually when you change trains, the other train will be due shortly or already there (it just depends whether it starts at Doncaster or passes through). Once you get off your first train, find a board and look for Darlington or the destination of your Darlington train (i.e. Newcastle, Edinburgh, Aberdeen) with Darlington listed as a stop and go and wait on the platform for that train.

It'll be such an adventure for Lola and you, I bet she'll love it!

P.S. I've seen your pics, you are too attractive to meet up with us, can you please dress down a bit :rotfl:

Valentine Xxx

:oops: I'll try my best :lol:

I'm going to book it :cheer:

What time is everyone meeting and going home?

Is anyone meeting at the train station?

Hey,

I'm a funny one as the only trains I could get cheaply were few and far between.

I'm arriving at the train station at 11.08 and SC24 is meeting me there. If you were arriving there between 11am and 12noon, I'm sure we could wait for you before heading to the park to meet everyone?

I'm not leaving 'til 6pm (SC24 and I are hoping to go for an early pub tea I think which will allow us to feed the babies their tea too) as my train home is about 6.30pm I think.

Valentine Xxx

:cheer: hope you can make it hun

Don't worry about a train.. I take it Lola will be in her sling.. if so it's even easier! Does it tell you what time your train is that you change? You should normally have a 10-15 min gap to give yourself time to change. Don't worry if not though cos trains to Darlington are sooo regular cos its on the mainline.

What time will you get in? :hug:

Yes Lola will be in her sling :)

The train gets into Darlington at 11.32am. It's a saver return so i don't think i have to pick a time to go home :think:

Can you always get a seat?

Yeah defo, will always be a seat usually, only ever extra busy times when not but someone should give you a seat if you have lola with you. Have PM'd you my number hun xx

Yay! We'll wait for you then! See you at the station!

I'm not sure about the seat, depends how busy the train is but I would imagine you won't be travelling at a particularly busy time so you should be fine.

Did you get my PM with my moby number?

Valentine Xxx

Yes, I've PM'd you both back :D

I'm just going to put Lola to bed and then i'll book my tickets :cheer:

I am posting to give my heartfelt apologies!! I texted Sweetcheeks this morning, but I just wanted to say sorry here too.

I was really looking forward to coming, but April has been awake most of the night. She has a temperature and a poorly tummy. I think it may be due to teething (she is dribbling for England), but I didn't want to risk taking her out incase it was a bug and she passed it on or she got worse. She is pretty cranky and inconsolable today.

I am really sad, I was looking forward to meeting you all. I hope you have a great day, I can't wait to see the piccies!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

well im so so sorry but with all the drama of getting my BFP and things I totally forgot about today... im so so sorry, prob wouldnt have felt well enough to come to be honest but still im so sorry I didnt post to say I wasnt!! mayb the next one eh!!

Hope you had a great day and looking forward to seeing the pics! hope the rain held off for you all xx

We had a lovely time.

There was:-

Melanie, Richard and Thea
Valentine and Ella
Sweetcheeks24 and Jack
beanie, Seren and Cally and beanie's sis Lindsay
babyroo and Jessica
Lola's Mummy and Lola
kellyannelyle

I'm shattered from the long journey and from baby wearing DD all day (not used to it, she's such a pudding!) and wandering all over Darlington in the rain! We're just in the door and I've had some fish and chips (to try and get my strength back!) so I'll post pics tomorrow.

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back