*** September & October 2019 Mummies ***

That’s a good idea about an infant CPR course. I have my CPR and first aid anyways because of my job but now that you mentioned it I think I should get my husband into one too. We talked about it ages ago but never looked any up.

So I did expressing again last night and it worked! But then my tummy kept going tight on and off and kinda hurt? not exactly contractions but it just felt off. So it scared me and I stopped! Lol I do know that it can start contractions. It was definitely me probably overthinking but I stopped just incase lol I’m happy I was able to express some though after not being able to the other night.

Yeah I’ve done first aid and CPR but never done it with an infant dummy before! So it’s always good to have that practice with a little body - god forbid I never have to use it.

Oh I’ve heard that expressing can bring on labour - maybe they were BHs? That’s why I’ve put it off for now.. gotta survive 1.5 days of work this week and then I will give it a try :)

I’m not sure, I get BH a fair amount but these hurt at the same time? I’m 38 weeks today so I think I’ll try again tonight.

Had my MW apt today and I’m GBS negative. Woohoo!

Enjoy your last few days of work!

I'm doing well, thanks! Still plodding along :) I have the rest of the week off, so looking forward to putting my feet up and relaxing!

Had a MW appt today and looking good. Baby is still only 1/5 engaged and growing well. She also recommended that I try hand expressing colostrum - eeep.

How are you going @xoxo? x

Glad to hear you're doing good! Is next week your official last week at work?

Do you have most things done now? I feel pretty settled about having everything ready.

My bump has been so 'tight' today. Maybe that's a sign she's coming soon? lol OR it's a sign i've eaten too much haha i keep reading into every twinge haha

good luck with the expressing! i did it last night for 45 minutes (well on and off obviously lol) and i got .25ml! going to try and do some more tonight.

Glad to hear you're doing good! Is next week your official last week at work?

Do you have most things done now? I feel pretty settled about having everything ready.

My bump has been so 'tight' today. Maybe that's a sign she's coming soon? lol OR it's a sign i've eaten too much haha i keep reading into every twinge haha

good luck with the expressing! i did it last night for 45 minutes (well on and off obviously lol) and i got .25ml! going to try and do some more tonight.

Yep, technically there next Mon and Tues, but I have finished up all my work so I’m not worried if I need to call in sick those days. I’ll see how I’m feeling beforehand :)

I think we have done most things! I’m sure there could be more to organise, but all the important stuff has been taken care of. Glad you are feeling settled and ready! So exciting :)

Ooh, I wonder what a tight tummy means! It’s so hard not to read into every little symptom.

Wow you have done so well with expressing! That’s amazing! I tried to do some in the shower this morning and no dice. I didn’t try for very long though. I might watch some YouTube videos and try again next time!

Aaah good for you for sticking it out to 39 weeks! That's good you have sick days though so you don't feel as if you have to go in. And especially if baby shows up before then!!

I think I was getting the tight tummy from braxton hicks and from feeling bloated? i also sat around alot yesterday so i'm going to go for more walks today so i'm less sloth like! lol i'm finding i'm getting more back ache when i walk though but it's good to get out.

one of my friend's lent me her exercise/birth ball and i've found bouncing on that has helped with any aches and pains!

have you decided on a name? or any top contenders? i remember you saying you both couldn't agree yet. I still want to meet our little one first before we officially name her but i can't see us going with anything else!

aw thanks! i was going to do more last night, but i felt uncomfortable and just tired so i'll have a go again today. that's good you tried! it definitely takes a bit for anything to happen. it is funny how long you have to do it for, to get the tiniest amount!

Aaah good for you for sticking it out to 39 weeks! That's good you have sick days though so you don't feel as if you have to go in. And especially if baby shows up before then!!

I think I was getting the tight tummy from braxton hicks and from feeling bloated? i also sat around alot yesterday so i'm going to go for more walks today so i'm less sloth like! lol i'm finding i'm getting more back ache when i walk though but it's good to get out.

one of my friend's lent me her exercise/birth ball and i've found bouncing on that has helped with any aches and pains!

have you decided on a name? or any top contenders? i remember you saying you both couldn't agree yet. I still want to meet our little one first before we officially name her but i can't see us going with anything else!

aw thanks! i was going to do more last night, but i felt uncomfortable and just tired so i'll have a go again today. that's good you tried! it definitely takes a bit for anything to happen. it is funny how long you have to do it for, to get the tiniest amount!

haha, it’s been good to have the 2 days at work recently. I think I’d go a bit stir crazy if I was home alone every day. Getting out of the house and keeping my mind off things has been fine :) .. Bub can come anytime now, we are well and truly ready for her.

it’s so hard keeping active isn’t it! My back doesn’t cope too well either. My puppy is too energetic for me, so the poor thing has to wait til my DH gets home from work to go for a proper walk! I have a deflated exercise ball somewhere in this house! You’ve reminded me to get it out and start using it! Glad it has helped with the aches and pains.

We are 99% decided on a name - but like you, we are gonna wait til she gets here.

I definitely gave up too early then! I spent less than a minute trying to express haha. I don’t know if I can stand up in the shower for ages to keep at it. I might take a bath and try again today.

I have also realised that I haven’t prepared any meals to freeze in advance. I have heard from lots of people saying to stock up the freezer with meals to make life easy once bub comes home. So I have spent today looking at recipes and doing a shopping list. DH and I will be cooking up a storm over the weekend!

Argh, attempted harvesting colostrum again. Didn’t get anything lol. I had a good try in the bath and I *think* I am doing it right?? But I don’t really know! I know it could take days or it could not happen at all, which is fine... but i’ll keep trying and fingers crossed I get something :)

Good for you for trying with the expressing! It does take ages. This is the video I used and I found it quite helpful. I just do it in the evenings and get in bed and watch something on my phone lol it does seem really hit and miss if I get stuff.

Good idea on the freezer meals! We made some last weekend, our freezer isn’t huge but we made three dinners so have about six meals out of that. I’m also bringing my slow cooker out of hibernation as that will be good to use when she’s here.

I so know what you mean about getting out of the house! The other day I didn’t feel great, just tired and aches and pains so stayed on the couch and I felt so cooped up!

That’s so exciting about the name! Can’t wait to hear it. Aaah I hope our babies both come soon! I’m so ready for ours too. I really don’t want to go overdue, mostly because I don’t want to be induced as I’ve heard horror stories. I’m trying to be patient but it’s hard! Lol

Good for you for trying with the expressing! It does take ages. This is the video I used and I found it quite helpful. I just do it in the evenings and get in bed and watch something on my phone lol it does seem really hit and miss if I get stuff.

Good idea on the freezer meals! We made some last weekend, our freezer isn’t huge but we made three dinners so have about six meals out of that. I’m also bringing my slow cooker out of hibernation as that will be good to use when she’s here.

I so know what you mean about getting out of the house! The other day I didn’t feel great, just tired and aches and pains so stayed on the couch and I felt so cooped up!

That’s so exciting about the name! Can’t wait to hear it. Aaah I hope our babies both come soon! I’m so ready for ours too. I really don’t want to go overdue, mostly because I don’t want to be induced as I’ve heard horror stories. I’m trying to be patient but it’s hard! Lol

Ah thanks for the video. She does it the same way my MW described, so that's something.

We will also bring out the slow cooker too. Even though it will be summer, it's easy to make so many hearty meals out of it!

The count down is on! :) I don't want to be induced either, but I suspect a late baby! I have heard of positive induction stories - so be sure to read those too for some balance!

Yeah I found the technique wasn’t too hard it but it just takes forever. I still haven’t done anymore! Should really have another go tomorrow night as otherwise 0.25ml seems a bit pointless to take lol

I keep forgetting you’re going into summer!! Meanwhile it’s going to be minus 2 overnight here :(

Yeah maybe I should find some positive induction stories! It can’t be all bad! I’m trying to be patient and realize that she’ll be here in three weeks or less now! Although I can’t really imagine still being pregnant in three weeks! :shock: Lol

Yeah I found the technique wasn’t too hard it but it just takes forever. I still haven’t done anymore! Should really have another go tomorrow night as otherwise 0.25ml seems a bit pointless to take lol

I keep forgetting you’re going into summer!! Meanwhile it’s going to be minus 2 overnight here :(

Yeah maybe I should find some positive induction stories! It can’t be all bad! I’m trying to be patient and realize that she’ll be here in three weeks or less now! Although I can’t really imagine still being pregnant in three weeks! :shock: Lol

Ah ok, so persistence is key! I didn't try yesterday, so I will see if I can get some time this evening :)

Ugh, I can't imagine what it's like when it gets into the minus figures haha. I complain enough when it's 18 degrees!

3 weeks or less! Crazy! I'm so looking forward to being able to lie on my stomach haha

I managed to get a few drops of colostrum! :cheer:

Much easier to do it in bed than in the shower! I got a few clear-ish drops :)

Pretty happy with that. I'll keep trying and see if I can get more for a syringe worth!

Oh awesome!! Yay! That’s so great. Yeah definitely a lot easier to do in bed and then less of a time constraint too. I sterilized more syringes today so will have another go tonight!

Yes, sleeping on stomach again will be lush! Lol

Omg last day at work today! :cheer: I’m so excited to finish haha. It was a real struggle yesterday, my back was so sore sitting in a chair most the day and I was so hot inside the building! We are in that transition period in weather, so the aircon wasn’t on .. but far out I felt the heat! Ugh.

I also slept really poorly last night, wide awake at 4.30am. So today will be interesting. Will probably finish early and come home for a nap :angel:

Hope everyone is doing well! x​

How are you September mummies going?

@_GG_ i hope Isabelle is doing okay! And you too of cause!

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s updates xx

Teddy and I are okay. 6 weeks tomorrow. Night time/ bed time is a bit of a nightmare but we will get there.

Teddy and I are okay. 6 weeks tomorrow. Night time/ bed time is a bit of a nightmare but we will get there.

Ah sounds like that's such a common issue! Hope the sleep settles soon!

How are you getting on @xoxo? Any signs??

I’ve been getting mildish period cramps and a sore lower back the last two days. Been on edge looking out for more symptoms and having no idea what to expect! Arghh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back