*** September & October 2019 Mummies ***

Haha I worked that out when I was in the midst of another crazy cluster feed marathon!

I finally got my sling and have used it like once too lol but need to use it more. I’ve introduced a soother! I was kind of against them before but wow it’s a life saver! I definitely just use it in emergencies when she won’t settle and I have to shower, use the loo etc or if my husband is holding her and she won’t calm down and I am showering etc luckily she’s taken to it. I only ever give it to her when I know she’s comfort sucking too.

I’ve officially been discharged from the midwives! I’m really gonna miss their support. Because you have the same midwife from the beginning here, they really become such a great support person. So it’ll be strange not having them around anymore.

Can’t believe our babies are five weeks! Quinn is now 10’pounds! And 24 inches!!shes definitely growing lengthwise.

How have your emotions been? It sounds soppy but sometimes I just become so overwhelmed by how much I love this little person that I wanna cry lol I think it’s also the hormones too but I still get happy teary. Having Quinn has also really solidified mine and my husbands relationship too and brought us closer. And we definitely were close before too.

That’s nice that they check you out over there at six weeks. My midwife recommended me seeing a pelvic floor physio so I’ll definitely do that. How’s yournprolaspe now?

Aw that’s nice you’re organized for Xmas! Have you got her a little outfit? I need to do that! How is she in the car? Yeah hopefully she stays calm for the journey lol
Well crazy enough but we are actually moving back to the UK!! Can’t wait! Sooo we’ll be there for Christmas! Can’t wait as I’ll see my two nieces and will be nice for them to grow up together. Can’t wait for all the Christmas traditions too to do with Quinn.

ooo I brought some soothers the other day but she hasn’t taken to them yet.. although she has been really chilled the last two days and hasn’t needed them anyway! I’m glad you have found them useful as I am still hesitant to use them! I’ll see how she goes. Have you been giving it to her at night? Has it affected her sleep at all? Izz is sooooo squirmy every morning, so I wonder if it would help resettle her back to sleep at that time?

aw it’s scary being discharged from such a big support system! Do you get another child service for support now? I guess if you are moving to the UK it would be different anyway.. how exciting! :) ... hope the big move goes well with the little one!

That sounds like a lovely xmas- so much nicer being near family! We have been gifted a few xmas outfits - so she will definitely be the centre of attention on the day! Thankfully she seems to love sleeping in the car, so fingers crossed that doesn’t change in the next few weeks!

Izz was 4.95kgs last Friday! Such a chunky girl! My emotions have settled a lot now, but I feel the same as you. I look into her gorgeous eyes and just think how lucky I am to have her. My relationship with hubby has also improved and we work so well together. It’s so nice seeing the love he has for her <3

I think my prolapse is better - I haven’t felt any heaviness or pain down below. I guess I’ll find out more at my physio appointment in two weeks time!

ooo I brought some soothers the other day but she hasn’t taken to them yet.. although she has been really chilled the last two days and hasn’t needed them anyway! I’m glad you have found them useful as I am still hesitant to use them! I’ll see how she goes. Have you been giving it to her at night? Has it affected her sleep at all? Izz is sooooo squirmy every morning, so I wonder if it would help resettle her back to sleep at that time?

aw it’s scary being discharged from such a big support system! Do you get another child service for support now? I guess if you are moving to the UK it would be different anyway.. how exciting! :) ... hope the big move goes well with the little one!

That sounds like a lovely xmas- so much nicer being near family! We have been gifted a few xmas outfits - so she will definitely be the centre of attention on the day! Thankfully she seems to love sleeping in the car, so fingers crossed that doesn’t change in the next few weeks!

Izz was 4.95kgs last Friday! Such a chunky girl! My emotions have settled a lot now, but I feel the same as you. I look into her gorgeous eyes and just think how lucky I am to have her. My relationship with hubby has also improved and we work so well together. It’s so nice seeing the love he has for her <3

I think my prolapse is better - I haven’t felt any heaviness or pain down below. I guess I’ll find out more at my physio appointment in two weeks time!

No I haven’t given it to her at night. I mostly just use it when I either shower when I’m home alone, or if she’s with my husband and she’s fussing and I’m in the shower or brushing my teeth haha I mostly wanted to get her used to it before the plane ride! It definitely seems to help comfort her. I’ve showed before or used the loo and she’s just screamed the place down. So giving her the soother is nice because it calms her down.
Do you mean Izzy is fussy in the mornings? It might help? I did read that when they cluster feed and are fussy, it can be useful to give it to them then. As if she’s just fussy on the boob but not really wanting it, then you could try the soother for some comfort and to give you a break. Probably all trial and error really!

Quinn slept from 11-430 last night! Amazing. And then from 630-10! Couldn’t believe it. Think I’m in for a late night tonight now though! How is Izzy sleep wise? Quinn will go for a few nights short good and then just awful for the next couple. So you really don’t know what to expect lol

If we were staying here you get seen by your GP. In the uk you’re seen by a health visitor and GP depending on what is needed. Yes it’ll be so nice being near family again. I can’t wait!! Not looking forward to the plane ride with a newborn but I’m sure it’ll go by fast! I just hope she’ll be ok. I’ll just put her on the boob and I’m sure she will be lol

Seems like Izzy is the same weight as Quinn! There must be something in our breast milk haha how long do you think you’ll breastfeed for? I’m not sure yet, I hope to do it for at least a year.

We’re going to take Quinn swimming when we’re back in the UK. Will be interested to see what she thinks of it! Has Izzy been yet?

Izzy doesn't seem to be a fan of the soother! But she has been so good lately, so not too worried about it - yet!

Aw so happy Quinn had a good night's sleep! Thankfully Izzy sleeps really well overnight. We have had 8 nights of sleep from about 8.30pm - 10pm until 1-2am in the morning, and back down til 5-6am.

I will aim to breastfeed for the recommended 6 months. A year would be great, I guess I will see how we go! I just brought an electric pump, so that my hubby can do a feed every now and again. I'm planning to only use it occasionally but I have heard of babies rejecting the bottle completely, so I thought introducing a bottle now might be wise. Are you pumping at all?

I haven't taken Izz for a swim yet! I'm sure she would love it! We have to be extra sun smart here - I would hate for her to get a burn on that soft supple skin!

Good luck with the plane ride and move! It's so handy chucking them on the boob to soothe hehe. Izzy had her 6 week needles yesterday and she screamed her lungs out! Broke my heart. All she needed was a bit of milk and she slept it off :) ... Her temp went up to 37.5 which had me worried and her skin was SO warm overnight, but she was back to her normal self today.

Izzy doesn't seem to be a fan of the soother! But she has been so good lately, so not too worried about it - yet!

Aw so happy Quinn had a good night's sleep! Thankfully Izzy sleeps really well overnight. We have had 8 nights of sleep from about 8.30pm - 10pm until 1-2am in the morning, and back down til 5-6am.

I will aim to breastfeed for the recommended 6 months. A year would be great, I guess I will see how we go! I just brought an electric pump, so that my hubby can do a feed every now and again. I'm planning to only use it occasionally but I have heard of babies rejecting the bottle completely, so I thought introducing a bottle now might be wise. Are you pumping at all?

I haven't taken Izz for a swim yet! I'm sure she would love it! We have to be extra sun smart here - I would hate for her to get a burn on that soft supple skin!

Good luck with the plane ride and move! It's so handy chucking them on the boob to soothe hehe. Izzy had her 6 week needles yesterday and she screamed her lungs out! Broke my heart. All she needed was a bit of milk and she slept it off :) ... Her temp went up to 37.5 which had me worried and her skin was SO warm overnight, but she was back to her normal self today.

Wow, go Izzy on the sleep! That’s so good! Quinn was doing so good sleep wise, doing five hours straight each night, then the jet lag messed that all up! Oh well. I know she’ll go back to it again I’m sure. Or I’m desperately hoping she will lol

Hows the pumping going? I’m not pumping, I can’t really be bothered if I’m perfectly honest lol but I totally agree that I would love the hubby to give her a feed once in a while lol But never say never! I did hear the Haaka was raved about as then you’re not pumping but just collecting milk while you’re breastfeeding anyways. I have thought about buying one.

Oh bless her with her needles. They don’t get them till eight weeks here. I’m dreading it though. Was she ok in the days after? Sometimes I’ve heard their fussy.

Quinn did really good on the plane ride! She fussed for the first half and then slept the rest! I don’t think it bothered her ears either which I was worried about. Don’t think I’ll take her on a plane again in a while lol but glad she did well. She loves motion and as soon as we took off, she instantly fell asleep! Was so cute. Too bad I don’t have a private jet and could get her to sleep like that every night lol

Hows everything going with you in general? Can’t believe they’ll be two months soon! It’s hard because when she doesn’t sleep good I just want to sleep when she naps in the day. But then I also don’t want to miss out on her newborn snuggles!

Wow, go Izzy on the sleep! That’s so good! Quinn was doing so good sleep wise, doing five hours straight each night, then the jet lag messed that all up! Oh well. I know she’ll go back to it again I’m sure. Or I’m desperately hoping she will lol

Hows the pumping going? I’m not pumping, I can’t really be bothered if I’m perfectly honest lol but I totally agree that I would love the hubby to give her a feed once in a while lol But never say never! I did hear the Haaka was raved about as then you’re not pumping but just collecting milk while you’re breastfeeding anyways. I have thought about buying one.

Oh bless her with her needles. They don’t get them till eight weeks here. I’m dreading it though. Was she ok in the days after? Sometimes I’ve heard their fussy.

Quinn did really good on the plane ride! She fussed for the first half and then slept the rest! I don’t think it bothered her ears either which I was worried about. Don’t think I’ll take her on a plane again in a while lol but glad she did well. She loves motion and as soon as we took off, she instantly fell asleep! Was so cute. Too bad I don’t have a private jet and could get her to sleep like that every night lol

Hows everything going with you in general? Can’t believe they’ll be two months soon! It’s hard because when she doesn’t sleep good I just want to sleep when she naps in the day. But then I also don’t want to miss out on her newborn snuggles!

Feeling pretty lucky with her overnight sleeps! She slept for 6 hours last night! Couldn’t believe it! But she has been cat napping and cluster feeding in the afternoons til about 10.30-11pm! Hopefully she will finish her 6 week growth spurt and the cluster feeding settles down.

Oh dear jet lag, of cause! The poor thing haha - I’m sure she. can re figure the day/ nights again soon! Glad the plane ride went well! What a relief. Hope you all settle in nicely and get to enjoy the xmas period with your family!

The first pump session went well, managed to get a lot... but I totally agree that it’s so much fuss, I can’t be bothered doing it regularly! She didn’t take the bottle anyway - she lost it haha. So not sure what we will do. It would be handy to have her take a bottle when needed, but that means trying more regularly which is a pain. We will see how we go. I loved the haakaa and we have heaps of frozen milk in the freezer. Although not sure if it’s much use now, as I don’t get that let down on the other side when feeding anymore. I got it for $20 AUD which was much cheaper than the pump lol!

Thankfully she did really well with the needles! She was a bit sooky that evening and then she slept quite a lot that night and the next day. Her temp got to 37.5 overnight and she was sooo warm to the touch which had me worried, but she was back to normal by morning. I would highly recommend bringing someone else along for the appointment. She cried her lungs out and it’s heartbreaking!

I’m going really well thanks! I can’t believe she will be two months next week either! She is also starting to wriggle so much, she’ll be crawling in no time! Has Quinn started smiling yet?

Feeling pretty lucky with her overnight sleeps! She slept for 6 hours last night! Couldn’t believe it! But she has been cat napping and cluster feeding in the afternoons til about 10.30-11pm! Hopefully she will finish her 6 week growth spurt and the cluster feeding settles down.

Oh dear jet lag, of cause! The poor thing haha - I’m sure she. can re figure the day/ nights again soon! Glad the plane ride went well! What a relief. Hope you all settle in nicely and get to enjoy the xmas period with your family!

The first pump session went well, managed to get a lot... but I totally agree that it’s so much fuss, I can’t be bothered doing it regularly! She didn’t take the bottle anyway - she lost it haha. So not sure what we will do. It would be handy to have her take a bottle when needed, but that means trying more regularly which is a pain. We will see how we go. I loved the haakaa and we have heaps of frozen milk in the freezer. Although not sure if it’s much use now, as I don’t get that let down on the other side when feeding anymore. I got it for $20 AUD which was much cheaper than the pump lol!

Thankfully she did really well with the needles! She was a bit sooky that evening and then she slept quite a lot that night and the next day. Her temp got to 37.5 overnight and she was sooo warm to the touch which had me worried, but she was back to normal by morning. I would highly recommend bringing someone else along for the appointment. She cried her lungs out and it’s heartbreaking!

I’m going really well thanks! I can’t believe she will be two months next week either! She is also starting to wriggle so much, she’ll be crawling in no time! Has Quinn started smiling yet?

wow 6 hours is awesome! Yay for sleep lol Quinn has done five max. I love it but I always know when she’s slept for a while as I wake up and my boobs kill and are rock hard lol aaah that’s so cool you used the Haaka! I really should have bought one. That’s nice you have that supply in the freezer.

that’s hard to know what to do in terms of pumping. Because like you say it’s a lot of effort but also handy if you can have a break etc yeah maybe try her again and see? I’ve heard how some babies will take it and others just point blank refuse!

Lately I’ve been finding it hard because she’s always so tied to me and sometimes I would just love a break! So maybe I should give pumping ago! My husband is great and will cook all the dinners etc but sometimes i’d love to do that but it’s normally in her fussy evenings and she just screams for me! I have found it hard to adjust to things like not having a social life anymore lol and having to schedule things around feedings. Although I know it won’t be this intense forever. I think it’s not helping either that it’s the winter and the days are sooo short so you feel more cooped up.

I’m going to try and take a cute Christmas pic tomorrow! I bought her a little Christmas outfit! It’s so cute.

yes, she has been smiling lots! I love it! She’s starting cooing too which is just so adorable! X

Hope you ladies from Australia (pup and xo) are both safe from all of the awful fires, how frightening it must be, I feel dreadfully sorry for anyone affected by it, happy Christmas and new year too x

Hope you ladies from Australia (pup and xo) are both safe from all of the awful fires, how frightening it must be, I feel dreadfully sorry for anyone affected by it, happy Christmas and new year too x

Thanks for checking in @night owl - thankfully the fires are not that close to where I live. Although I do live near bushland that is probably due for a fire soon :( ... The fires are awful and we are constantly smelling smoke outside, which leaves Isabelle and myself stuck indoors unfortunately. I just don't want her little lungs exposed to such poor air.

Hope you had a nice Christmas and happy new year to you and Victoria. Hope you're both well x

@night owl hey, I don’t live in Australia, it was Canada and I’ve recently moved back to the UK but it’s dreadful what’s been happening over there. Hopefully they get under control soon. Glad you’re ok pupp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back