*** September & October 2019 Mummies ***

Oooo those signs seem promising?!! Fingers crossed that’s leading somewhere! How are you feeling other than that? Keeping busy in the days or are you trying to relax?

I haven’t had anything lol I’ve had some stomach pains but it’s hard to know if it’s just a stomach ache or like a Braxton hick? Although when I have had those pains my bump has gone hard.

I’m finding it hard to walk and stand now for long periods. I havent been sleeping great either. But today is my due date! Woohoo! Officially 40 weeks! So I’ve decided to stop being so impatient, going to try and go on small walks and keep bouncing on my birth ball lol she’ll come at some point! Going to use this time to learn some new breathing exercises and keep a positive outlook!

I downloaded a Hawaiian playlist on Spotify. Hawaii holds amazing memories for me of family vacations, so I’m planning on playing it during early and active labour! Any time I start feeling anxious, I put it on and it definitely makes me more relaxed! Sounds so random haha but it definitely helps me out! It’s funny because any time I get a slight twinge I get excited lol so I’m hoping when I do go into labour I can continue to feel excited and not nervous!

Oooo those signs seem promising?!! Fingers crossed that’s leading somewhere! How are you feeling other than that? Keeping busy in the days or are you trying to relax?

I haven’t had anything lol I’ve had some stomach pains but it’s hard to know if it’s just a stomach ache or like a Braxton hick? Although when I have had those pains my bump has gone hard.

I’m finding it hard to walk and stand now for long periods. I havent been sleeping great either. But today is my due date! Woohoo! Officially 40 weeks! So I’ve decided to stop being so impatient, going to try and go on small walks and keep bouncing on my birth ball lol she’ll come at some point! Going to use this time to learn some new breathing exercises and keep a positive outlook!

I downloaded a Hawaiian playlist on Spotify. Hawaii holds amazing memories for me of family vacations, so I’m planning on playing it during early and active labour! Any time I start feeling anxious, I put it on and it definitely makes me more relaxed! Sounds so random haha but it definitely helps me out! It’s funny because any time I get a slight twinge I get excited lol so I’m hoping when I do go into labour I can continue to feel excited and not nervous!

Ah seemed promising but literally nothing since! Hah. The MW said I could even get proper contractions for an hour and that could turn into nothing as well. I guess the bloody show and waters breaking are pretty big signs to watch out for! I've been cooking, gardening and cleaning a bit, doing some reading and relaxing as well. It's actually been quite nice the last few days... But, I'm like you too - the back pains and poor sleep is starting to get to me!

Yay for due date day! That's so exciting!

Funny you mentioned breathing exercises, I thought to myself last night I should dedicate some time to hypnobirthing or similar labour prep audio! I'm getting a bit of anxiety about the impending labour, so I think that's a great idea! A Hawaiian playlist sounds lovely! DH and I had our honeymoon there - so it's a lovely memory for me too!

Ahh fingers crossed our babies come sooner rather than later! x

Anyone heard from bonjourkatoe?

No :( ... I saw that she logged into the forum three weeks ago, but she didn't post anything. She would had to have had her little girl by now, so hopefully she can give an update when she is ready.

Ah seemed promising but literally nothing since! Hah. The MW said I could even get proper contractions for an hour and that could turn into nothing as well. I guess the bloody show and waters breaking are pretty big signs to watch out for! I've been cooking, gardening and cleaning a bit, doing some reading and relaxing as well. It's actually been quite nice the last few days... But, I'm like you too - the back pains and poor sleep is starting to get to me!

Yay for due date day! That's so exciting!

Funny you mentioned breathing exercises, I thought to myself last night I should dedicate some time to hypnobirthing or similar labour prep audio! I'm getting a bit of anxiety about the impending labour, so I think that's a great idea! A Hawaiian playlist sounds lovely! DH and I had our honeymoon there - so it's a lovely memory for me too!

Ahh fingers crossed our babies come sooner rather than later! x

Oh that’s interesting what your MW said! If I had contractions for an hour I’d probably assume I was in early labour so that’s good to know lol

Aah sounds like you’ve had a few nice days of a mixture of stuff! I think tomorrow I’m going to try and do some more walking to see if that helps?! Who knows.

I tried more expressing tonight, didn’t get a lot! Apparently that can help bring on labour. Part of me thinks though that you can try all these things and still nothing will work so I’m going to go with the flow!

Definitely look into hypnobirthing if you’re nervous. I was too (well I still am lol) and they’re all about positive affirmations and positive birth stories etc

Oh cool, what island did you go to? Hawaii is just so nice!!

Oh that’s interesting what your MW said! If I had contractions for an hour I’d probably assume I was in early labour so that’s good to know lol

Aah sounds like you’ve had a few nice days of a mixture of stuff! I think tomorrow I’m going to try and do some more walking to see if that helps?! Who knows.

I tried more expressing tonight, didn’t get a lot! Apparently that can help bring on labour. Part of me thinks though that you can try all these things and still nothing will work so I’m going to go with the flow!

Definitely look into hypnobirthing if you’re nervous. I was too (well I still am lol) and they’re all about positive affirmations and positive birth stories etc

Oh cool, what island did you go to? Hawaii is just so nice!!

Ah yeah I think the stop start contractions are quite common. If they get regular and closer together, then it’s probably go time!

Yeah I don’t think lots of those methods to induce labour seem to work consistently for everyone! I’ve been walking heaps throughout this pregnancy, so I don’t think it would work for me haha.

I’m still only getting a few drops, so not enough for a syringe.. but still happy that I can get something at least!

We went to O’ahu (Waikiki) and around Maui. It was such a great honeymoon with the balance of busy city life and relaxing island resorts! Can’t wait to go back! :)

I thought maybe some of my mucus plug was coming away today? Sorry if that’s TMI lol or again, I could be looking into things too much!

I think I have sciatica pain. I get pins and needles in my feet a lot, which I’ve told the MW about but then I was getting pain in my leg when I was walking. Then last night when I was sleeping, I had this insane pain in my lower back that shot down my leg. Wow, I’ve never felt pain like that before. Clearly it’s gearing me up for labour haha

Aah your honeymoon sounds so nice! I’ve never been to Oahu but we would always go to Maui or Kauai. Maui is probably my favourite island.

I thought maybe some of my mucus plug was coming away today? Sorry if that’s TMI lol or again, I could be looking into things too much!

I think I have sciatica pain. I get pins and needles in my feet a lot, which I’ve told the MW about but then I was getting pain in my leg when I was walking. Then last night when I was sleeping, I had this insane pain in my lower back that shot down my leg. Wow, I’ve never felt pain like that before. Clearly it’s gearing me up for labour haha

Aah your honeymoon sounds so nice! I’ve never been to Oahu but we would always go to Maui or Kauai. Maui is probably my favourite island.

Ooh, that’s so exciting! What makes you not sure it’s the mucus plug?

You poor thing with sciatica :( ... I’ve had a pinched nerve in my left hip for a few weeks and it KILLS me when it’s set off. Thankfully it hasn’t happened in a while, but I know it’s going to cause me grief during labour. Getting heavier and more awkward is not helping my legs and feet one bit.

Hope you can get some relief and sleep before the little one arrives! x

She has had her little girl ladies <3
I won't say too much as she may want to come back when she is ready and tell you all.
I hope you are all okay and good luck with labour xx

Aw thanks for the update! That’s really good to hear :D

Thanks for the well wishes! Hope you are doing okay as well xx

She has had her little girl ladies <3
I won't say too much as she may want to come back when she is ready and tell you all.
I hope you are all okay and good luck with labour xx

Oh that’s good to know!! Hope she’s doing ok.

Hope you’re well too, I’ve been following your journey and wish you all the best. You were always so positive and lovely in the TTC forum. Xx

Ooh, that’s so exciting! What makes you not sure it’s the mucus plug?

You poor thing with sciatica :( ... I’ve had a pinched nerve in my left hip for a few weeks and it KILLS me when it’s set off. Thankfully it hasn’t happened in a while, but I know it’s going to cause me grief during labour. Getting heavier and more awkward is not helping my legs and feet one bit.

Hope you can get some relief and sleep before the little one arrives! x

Well, I just had a lot of discharge this morning. Sorry again if that’s TMI! Lol but yeh, I don’t think it was. Probably me once again thinking everything is a labour sign! I wish I wasn’t such an impatient person!

Oh no, that sucks about the pinched nerve. Hopefully it won’t rear it’s head in labour, and maybe that’s a good thing you haven’t had it for a while then.

It’s so hard because I’ve read that exercise helps with sciatica but then like you say, getting heavier etc makes it harder to get around and go for walks etc I stood for a while today as I was baking brownies and then my legs just killed so bad from the pain! Luckily it’s only really been bad these last few days and started a couple weeks ago.

So in Australia, does the midwife deliver the baby and the doctors only get involve if necessary? Because do midwives work from hospitals there or independently?

Well, I just had a lot of discharge this morning. Sorry again if that’s TMI! Lol but yeh, I don’t think it was. Probably me once again thinking everything is a labour sign! I wish I wasn’t such an impatient person!

Oh no, that sucks about the pinched nerve. Hopefully it won’t rear it’s head in labour, and maybe that’s a good thing you haven’t had it for a while then.

It’s so hard because I’ve read that exercise helps with sciatica but then like you say, getting heavier etc makes it harder to get around and go for walks etc I stood for a while today as I was baking brownies and then my legs just killed so bad from the pain! Luckily it’s only really been bad these last few days and started a couple weeks ago.

So in Australia, does the midwife deliver the baby and the doctors only get involve if necessary? Because do midwives work from hospitals there or independently?

haha there is no TMI in this thread! I’ve been getting heaps of discharge too.. but nothing pink or red for me. It’s hard not to read into these signs!

Ah that’s tough. I had to sit down a lot of times whilst cooking as well! Haha.. these last few weeks are so glamorous!

Yep, so I am part of a midwifery group practice program, so part of the hospital staff and all midwife led. If anything risky happens, they will get the doctor on duty involved. I assume they get the duty paediatrician in to do the post birth checks? I’m not actually sure on that one!

In Australia you can go completely private and have independent midwives and your own OB and paed- but it’s pricey and our public system is pretty good, so it was easier just to go with that option :)

Would that be the same/ similar set up in Canada?

Little miss has her final eviction notice! 4th of November :rotfl: fingers crossed she moves out well before then!

haha there is no TMI in this thread! I’ve been getting heaps of discharge too.. but nothing pink or red for me. It’s hard not to read into these signs!

Ah that’s tough. I had to sit down a lot of times whilst cooking as well! Haha.. these last few weeks are so glamorous!

Yep, so I am part of a midwifery group practice program, so part of the hospital staff and all midwife led. If anything risky happens, they will get the doctor on duty involved. I assume they get the duty paediatrician in to do the post birth checks? I’m not actually sure on that one!

In Australia you can go completely private and have independent midwives and your own OB and paed- but it’s pricey and our public system is pretty good, so it was easier just to go with that option :)

Would that be the same/ similar set up in Canada?

Haha i can't believe how excited i got!

Oh ok, well over here midwives run from their own clinics- free of charge. You either choose to have an OB or a midwife. Midwives don't work from hospitals here, so every appointment you go to is at home or at the clinic. Then when you go into labour, you either have the baby at home or go to the hospital and the midwife comes with you to the hospital and delivers the baby. If needed, the doctors/OB's step in. There is also a backup midwife if your primary midwife is on another birth etc.

All healthcare here is free and you can't go private! Like there are no private clinics/healthcare. Which is quite different from the UK and Australia from the sounds of it!

Had my midwife appointment today. So over here, you get another ultrasound at 41 weeks to check on baby, so ill get that next tues/weds and if everything is ok you can proceed on. If not, then you're induced that day. She told me that regardless i'll be induced on November 2nd! Eek! It actually got me excited to have a date though and something to count down to. Although now i'm starting to feel nervous again! I guess it just all seems real! I see her next monday for another visit, she said she can offer me a stretch/sweep then. And then again on weds/thursday but totally up to me.

She gave me some tips on inducing labour naturally: sex, walking, doing squats, nipple stimulation, bumpy car rides! I really hope to go into labour naturally but it was also nice having that date. I think i'm going to try some walking today and i'll try and express tonight to see if that works!

Haha i can't believe how excited i got!

Oh ok, well over here midwives run from their own clinics- free of charge. You either choose to have an OB or a midwife. Midwives don't work from hospitals here, so every appointment you go to is at home or at the clinic. Then when you go into labour, you either have the baby at home or go to the hospital and the midwife comes with you to the hospital and delivers the baby. If needed, the doctors/OB's step in. There is also a backup midwife if your primary midwife is on another birth etc.

All healthcare here is free and you can't go private! Like there are no private clinics/healthcare. Which is quite different from the UK and Australia from the sounds of it!

Had my midwife appointment today. So over here, you get another ultrasound at 41 weeks to check on baby, so ill get that next tues/weds and if everything is ok you can proceed on. If not, then you're induced that day. She told me that regardless i'll be induced on November 2nd! Eek! It actually got me excited to have a date though and something to count down to. Although now i'm starting to feel nervous again! I guess it just all seems real! I see her next monday for another visit, she said she can offer me a stretch/sweep then. And then again on weds/thursday but totally up to me.

She gave me some tips on inducing labour naturally: sex, walking, doing squats, nipple stimulation, bumpy car rides! I really hope to go into labour naturally but it was also nice having that date. I think i'm going to try some walking today and i'll try and express tonight to see if that works!

Ah so interesting! So will you have a hospital or home birth? The idea of a home birth scares me and has never been an option in my mind!

The private system here is an odd one. After you turn 30 you have to pay for private health insurance or you’ll get taxed heaps. It’s honestly such a rip off and complete waste of money. I guess a benefit to private is that you have the freedom to choose your providers and doctors and generally shorter waiting periods. So, if you want the best of the best doctor across the country, you can - if you can pay for it!

Isn’t it exciting to have that end date! But yes, it’s also nerve wracking too! I’m also not looking forward to the stretch and sweep! It sounds awkward and uncomfortable :rotfl: .. my DH was mortified and he keeps going, asking what? A stick and sweep? A sweep and stitch? Haha

Good luck inducing baby naturally! I’ve done a heap of walking and I’m expressing a bit of colostrum each day (not enough for a syringe yet) .. so I’ll just keep on doing that too :)

eep the countdown is on!

Hell no to a home birth lol I feel the same as you. As much as I love the idea of having a baby in your own house, dimmed lights, comfortable surroundings, less medical setting etc, I’m far far too anxious for that lol but props to those who do it!!

Oh wow that’s crazy! So you can’t just on the whim, decide to go private for a certain scan/visit and then stop paying for the health insurance? I guess it’s nice to have a back up/second opinion though and shorter wait times.

When will you have your stretch and sweep? Haha that’s so funny about your OH! I was chatting with my MW friend and she said it works for 1 in 7 people! And she said these ‘natural’ ways to induce labour can work, but also she believes that they seem to work for those patients who are on the cusp of labour anyways. And that someone could do all these things and still have to be medically induced. So I’m going to try doing some but not get stressed over it. I’m a lot happier now knowing that I have a final date!

I’m going to express tonight too! I have 3ml syringes, so typically on a normal night I’ll get about .25/50ml and then the next night I add to it. I keep it in the fridge for like 4 nights and then freeze. So you could always try that? I definitely can’t fill a full syringe. Think I’ve got like 2ml overall lol My MW did say that once you’ve given birth your colostrum will flow more too apparently!

Hell no to a home birth lol I feel the same as you. As much as I love the idea of having a baby in your own house, dimmed lights, comfortable surroundings, less medical setting etc, I’m far far too anxious for that lol but props to those who do it!!

Oh wow that’s crazy! So you can’t just on the whim, decide to go private for a certain scan/visit and then stop paying for the health insurance? I guess it’s nice to have a back up/second opinion though and shorter wait times.

When will you have your stretch and sweep? Haha that’s so funny about your OH! I was chatting with my MW friend and she said it works for 1 in 7 people! And she said these ‘natural’ ways to induce labour can work, but also she believes that they seem to work for those patients who are on the cusp of labour anyways. And that someone could do all these things and still have to be medically induced. So I’m going to try doing some but not get stressed over it. I’m a lot happier now knowing that I have a final date!

I’m going to express tonight too! I have 3ml syringes, so typically on a normal night I’ll get about .25/50ml and then the next night I add to it. I keep it in the fridge for like 4 nights and then freeze. So you could always try that? I definitely can’t fill a full syringe. Think I’ve got like 2ml overall lol My MW did say that once you’ve given birth your colostrum will flow more too apparently!

Haha, yes it would be nice at home, but having the hospital and doctors around is very reassuring!

Nah, unfortunately you have to hold private health for 365 days of the year in order to avoid paying the tax levy. Anyway, it is what it is!

My stretch and sweep is booked at 41 weeks, so the 31st of October :) ... Damn, 1 in 7 people is not the stat I was hoping for! I'm not surprised that those natural methods are for those women who are nearly ready to go. I don't see how walking and bumpy car rides would help a firmly closed cervix haha. I'm also not to fussed about when it will happen either. I'll just keep on doing what I am doing, and if we get to the induce date, so be it :)

Oh I didn't know you could keep adding to a syringe! That's helpful haha. I did get syringes that are too big...They also don't have a cap on them - so a bit of a fail on my part! I might order the smaller capped syringes online :) I'm not too worried if I can't store any anyway, I know that after birth there will be plenty more to collect.

Yup, the babies will come when they're ready. At least we both have a date now for induction if they don't come before that! I'm not going to exhaust myself with doing all these things lol I also read something by a midwife who said it's best not to exert yourself by trying to go into labour, because if you do and then you do go into labour, you're gonna need all your strength for that!! So i'm going to do some walks as well as relaxing with my feet up lol

My husband has passed his cold on to me :( i'm really hoping i can shake it before she arrives. I don't want to be in labour with a nasty cold!!

My syringes don't have a cap on them either....oops. but i've been putting them in a zip lock bag after each expression. Hopefully that's ok. Mine are 3ml. Yeah I figured the same too, that at least we're getting to grips with hand expression now and then it'll be less stressful in the hospital as we'll know what to do if we have to go that route!

Yup, the babies will come when they're ready. At least we both have a date now for induction if they don't come before that! I'm not going to exhaust myself with doing all these things lol I also read something by a midwife who said it's best not to exert yourself by trying to go into labour, because if you do and then you do go into labour, you're gonna need all your strength for that!! So i'm going to do some walks as well as relaxing with my feet up lol

My husband has passed his cold on to me :( i'm really hoping i can shake it before she arrives. I don't want to be in labour with a nasty cold!!

My syringes don't have a cap on them either....oops. but i've been putting them in a zip lock bag after each expression. Hopefully that's ok. Mine are 3ml. Yeah I figured the same too, that at least we're getting to grips with hand expression now and then it'll be less stressful in the hospital as we'll know what to do if we have to go that route!

Ah yes, definitely need to rest and relax! I was thinking about the difference between labouring during the day versus overnight. When I couldn't sleep, I was thinking how much it would suck to be up all day and then have to labour all night! How much easier would it be to handle the pain after a good night's sleep! But it seems like everyone starts labour in the middle of the night!

Aw no that's terrible! Being sick is just so awful :( ... Do get that rest and plenty of naps if you can! Hope it passes soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back