*** September & October 2019 Mummies ***

That’s so funny you say that about labouring during day/night as my husband said the exact same thing yesterday! He said, it would be great if you went into labour around 8am and then had her that evening! As we both would have had a good sleep etc but yeah most women I think go into labour during the night! So maybe it is better to be induced after a good nights rest haha not that I sleep well anyways anymore!

Thanks! I’ve been drinking tons of lemon and honey so I’m hoping to keep ahead of it. I really don’t want a cold when I’m in labour! The weather here is miserable so getting out for fresh air is hard!

I woke up at 12am not feeling great and was in labour at 2am. I defo wished I had,had a good full nights sleep by 6am when I was pushing. Lol.

I woke up at 12am not feeling great and was in labour at 2am. I defo wished I had,had a good full nights sleep by 6am when I was pushing. Lol.

Oh gosh, yes that doesn’t sound ideal at all! I wonder what the statistics are on going into labour AM vs PM! Seems like everyone goes into labour overnight! Eep.

Happy due date @Justjo89! It’s been a few weeks since you logged in, so I wonder if you had your little girl yet?! Hope things are well for you x

Quinn Adelaide was born at 8.39pm on October 27th! Baby girl came so fast she ended up being born at home! Waters broke at 3.30pm and she arrived five hours later! There was no time for pain medication. I’m a tad sore lol but she’s the cutest little thing. 7 pounds, 13 ounces. 21 inches long. <3

Quinn Adelaide was born at 8.39pm on October 27th! Baby girl came so fast she ended up being born at home! Waters broke at 3.30pm and she arrived five hours later! There was no time for pain medication. I’m a tad sore lol but she’s the cutest little thing. 7 pounds, 13 ounces. 21 inches long. <3

ohhh my gosh congratulations!!! I absolutely love the name Quinn for a girl <3<3<3 ... wow I cannot believe she arrived at home in 5 hours! That’s unbelievable! I’m super jealous haha.. Any tears or issues? How has breastfeeding gone? Hope you and bub are doing well.

I just had my bubba too! Isabelle born October 28 at 11.08am after 13 hours of labour. I’ll put the full story in my journal once we get home from hospital x

ohhh my gosh congratulations!!! I absolutely love the name Quinn for a girl <3<3<3 ... wow I cannot believe she arrived at home in 5 hours! That’s unbelievable! I’m super jealous haha.. Any tears or issues? How has breastfeeding gone? Hope you and bub are doing well.

I just had my bubba too! Isabelle born October 28 at 11.08am after 13 hours of labour. I’ll put the full story in my journal once we get home from hospital x

Aaah amazing! Congratulations. Can’t believe they were a day apart and another Isabelle to join the team!! Love it.

I did have to have a few stitches, how about you? Breastfeeding is ok, sometimes she latches good and other times it really hurts so I take her off to relatch which she hates. She has some lungs on her that’s for sure lol

Hope you’re doing ok after that long labour. Looking forward to reading your birth story. I’ll update on here when have a bit more time! Will you come home soon? X

Pups <3
Massive congrats to you darling.
Can't wait to hear the birth/labour story xxx

Also congrats to you too @xoxo xx

Aaah amazing! Congratulations. Can’t believe they were a day apart and another Isabelle to join the team!! Love it.

I did have to have a few stitches, how about you? Breastfeeding is ok, sometimes she latches good and other times it really hurts so I take her off to relatch which she hates. She has some lungs on her that’s for sure lol

Hope you’re doing ok after that long labour. Looking forward to reading your birth story. I’ll update on here when have a bit more time! Will you come home soon? X

Yep a day apart, but due to the time difference it might technically be closer together?! Hehe! And yes, Isabelle won the day. My pick was Danielle and Dani for
short, but DH has a niece and work bestie with that name so he wanted Izzy over Dani! All good in the end- she is perfect!

I had a wild ride with a failed epidural and ended up having an episiotomy- so quite a few stitches but all good. Breastfeeding had also been hit and miss. Think we have the latch right but my nipples already have a bit of damage so it still hurts unfortunately. I’m going to get a lactation consultant asap when I get home.

I’m going really well... it was a long labour to me, but the midwives said it was super short for a first baby! So that’s interesting? Hehe. I had two nights in hospital which has been really great - just about to leave in the next hour or so.

Yes, absolutely tell me everything in lots of detail when you are ready (and if you want to haha) xx

That’s so true about the time difference! When I’m less sleep deprived I’ll try and figure it out lol

Aw I like the name Dani too! I like unisex names so that’s why we went with Quinn! And Adelaide because it’s a bit more girly to offset Quinn. Does Isabelle have a middle name?

How has your first week been?

The first few days were hard, it’s hard to recover from the birth and then also look after a newborn! I stayed in bed for like two days, and I have low iron so I just felt awful. We got out today to go to the supermarket lol I still feel so tired and my legs and butt hurt a lot!

I’ve found breastfeeding to be easier now that my milk has come in, but I do have very sore nipples. And some afternoons or days are harder than others. I’ve been putting the colostrum that I expressed ongo them and coconut oil. And then I just relatch her when it’s painful. I think also you’re not using to a little one feasting on you all day so they’ll get sore regardless. But sometimes when she cluster feeds I’m like argh, I need a break lol

How much did Isabelle weigh? Can’t wait to hear your birth story. I’ll post mine soon! Hope you’re doing ok! X

That’s so true about the time difference! When I’m less sleep deprived I’ll try and figure it out lol

Aw I like the name Dani too! I like unisex names so that’s why we went with Quinn! And Adelaide because it’s a bit more girly to offset Quinn. Does Isabelle have a middle name?

How has your first week been?

The first few days were hard, it’s hard to recover from the birth and then also look after a newborn! I stayed in bed for like two days, and I have low iron so I just felt awful. We got out today to go to the supermarket lol I still feel so tired and my legs and butt hurt a lot!

I’ve found breastfeeding to be easier now that my milk has come in, but I do have very sore nipples. And some afternoons or days are harder than others. I’ve been putting the colostrum that I expressed ongo them and coconut oil. And then I just relatch her when it’s painful. I think also you’re not using to a little one feasting on you all day so they’ll get sore regardless. But sometimes when she cluster feeds I’m like argh, I need a break lol

How much did Isabelle weigh? Can’t wait to hear your birth story. I’ll post mine soon! Hope you’re doing ok! X

Haha, when do we get less sleep deprived? When do babies sleep through the night?

Ah, Dani might be our next girl if we have one :) ... Yes, her middle name is Sophia. Coincidentally, Sophie was the name of the midwife that delivered her - so that's a nice connection!

I can't believe you went out to the supermarket so early! I only left the house for the first time today and she is 8 days old! Ha! Yeah, we had a tough first night but the second night was much better. I have a detailed update in my journal :)

Yep, breastfeeding much easier now that milk has come in too. I remember trying to nap during the day but my boobs were so engorged and I couldn't sleep! The first week is such a wild ride... and yeah, the cluster feeding was exhausting. I also have really tender and sore nipples. My left nipple is not so great, but a nipple shield has been a lifesaver! I find feeding on the right to be much better, the latch isn't painful but still waiting for the left side to heal a bit more.

Isabelle weighed 3.275kgs <3 - I am doing well. I had a tough day yesterday and really struggled, but today has been much better. I'm just trying to go with the flow and follow her lead. Hope you are doing ok as well! Looking forward to your update as well xx

I know what you mean about the nipple pain! And the latch! I found it really hard the first week as any time she latched it hurt and would keep re latching and it didn’t get much better. I’d say now, ten days in, it feels way better. My nipples have now healed after being sore and bleeding. I would put breast milk and my expressed colostrum on them to help with the bleeding. I think it was partly me getting used to having a baby on the boob all the time lol and also getting a better latch as they’ve stopped bleeding. But some days I did not want her on the boob as the thought of the pain sucked.

Last night was sooo rough. She fed from 7pm to 1.30am/2am non stop. Then woke from 5-7am to feed again. I got three hours sleep from 7-10 and then had to wake her as my boobs were so engorged! I’ll post my birth story in the next post!!

I know what you mean about the nipple pain! And the latch! I found it really hard the first week as any time she latched it hurt and would keep re latching and it didn’t get much better. I’d say now, ten days in, it feels way better. My nipples have now healed after being sore and bleeding. I would put breast milk and my expressed colostrum on them to help with the bleeding. I think it was partly me getting used to having a baby on the boob all the time lol and also getting a better latch as they’ve stopped bleeding. But some days I did not want her on the boob as the thought of the pain sucked.

Last night was sooo rough. She fed from 7pm to 1.30am/2am non stop. Then woke from 5-7am to feed again. I got three hours sleep from 7-10 and then had to wake her as my boobs were so engorged! I’ll post my birth story in the next post!!

Yep! The latch is now less painful, but they are just so tender! I’m hoping that after a little while more it’s 100% pain free so I can feed her in public without grimacing!

Oh you poor thing! That’s such a long time! She must be increasing your supply... But that’s rough. Tomorrow will be a new day and it will be completely different x

I’ve been lucky that Izzy has slept fairly well the last few nights, getting up twice for a feed. But I have slept poorly anyway as I just cannot nap during the day and sometimes I can’t sleep between night feeds - it’s so frustrating! I’m just hoping that eventually I’ll just fall asleep quickly and easily,

Yep! The latch is now less painful, but they are just so tender! I’m hoping that after a little while more it’s 100% pain free so I can feed her in public without grimacing!

Oh you poor thing! That’s such a long time! She must be increasing your supply... But that’s rough. Tomorrow will be a new day and it will be completely different x

I’ve been lucky that Izzy has slept fairly well the last few nights, getting up twice for a feed. But I have slept poorly anyway as I just cannot nap during the day and sometimes I can’t sleep between night feeds - it’s so frustrating! I’m just hoping that eventually I’ll just fall asleep quickly and easily,

The pain totally sucks! It’s probably just your boobs trying to get used to it. Anytime it hurts when they latch, I immediately take her off and relatch. Even if it takes ten times. You could always try that? Unless it’s just pain when she’s feeding?

I’m similar with napping during the day! Or if I do, I feel awful when i wake up! Maybe you’re not sleeping between night feeds as you’re worried about her? Or your mind can’t switxh off? I get like that sometimes too. It’s so funny because before I would get eight hours a night. Now if I could get five in a row that would be utter bliss lol

After reading you guys I’m glad that I only express and the feed Teddy breast milk via a bottle. No pain or any issues.

Plus my husband can get up in the night to feed him, which is a win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back