*** September & October 2019 Mummies ***

My birth story!

So on October 27th, I was lying on the couch, taking it easy and watching tv. It was 3.25pm and I felt the need to pee. I stood up and I had this intense pressure ‘down below’ and it felt like I was going to wet myself lol I ran to the toilet and just knew it was my waters breaking. I called my midwife- that’s the system here. She asked me a bunch of qs and then said to call back when the contractions get to four minutes apart etc She said that I could get the contractions going by going for a walk etc and they might not start until the following morning and if they hadn’t by then she would stop by.

I decided that I would quickly eat some dinner incase labour came on sooner so I had more energy lol I watched some tv and started to feel a little nervous! Then I got some period style cramping, can’t remember the time, so I got into the bath and took two pain killers.

My husband started timing my contractions at this point. Then the midwife came to the house at around 6pm and checked me as she was coming from another birth so she thought she would check on me on her way home. At that point I was 3cm. So she went home to shower and quickly eat something. She told me to get into bed and try and relax, watch tv etc

Well, it seemed like as soon as she left the house the contractions got faster and a lot more painful. I kept going into the bathroom as it felt like each contraction I was having, i needed to go to the loo! Pretty sure that was my body saying it wanted to push!

I was in such pain and my husband was speaking with the midwife saying that my contractions were really close together and much more intense. She got back to the house around 730pm, I think, it was hard to keep track of time lol

She checked me out, she never told me how far dilated I was,(I’m thinking she didn’t want to panic me) but i kept saying I need to push. I need to push! So I figure I must have been close to 10!

So the hospital I was planning to deliver at is 45 mins away. There was no way I was going there - the thought of being in the car and in that much pain was just awful and my midwife agreed. We could have gone to the hospital that is five minutes away, but the thought of even driving there was terrible. I told her that I needed drugs and wanted an epidural (which is funny as that’s something I said I didn’t want on my birth plan lol) as I couldn’t cope with the pain- she said even if I did go to the hospital I wouldn’t be getting drugs- obviously due to me being dilated enough. Soooo, we agreed to deliver at home. At that point, I didn’t even care, i was no longer scared about having her at home, I just wanted the baby out I was in such pain. I remember swearing and yelling a lot haha

So at that point, another midwife arrived, and the two midwives and my husband went into action- getting towels, hot water, large waterproof pads to go on the floor etc it kinda felt like I was in a movie at that point lol

Then they put me on the bed but I said I wanted to be in the squatting position. Everything I had read about the pushing stage said that gravity is best for being in labour. So they grabbed the birth stool. I told my husband to put my Hawaiian playlist on lol and then I sat down on the stool and started pushing! I remember asking the midwives if she was out yet numerous times lol and they kept saying- soon, soon. I remember thinking- you’ve been saying that for a while now and it still hasn’t happened lol they kept checking her heartbeat which is normal protocol but it did worry me a bit as I thought oh god please don’t let something go wrong now, especially when we’re at home. But all was fine.

Anyways, I continued being in intense pain, I was just in agony, and wanted her out! I didn’t think I would scream and swear as much as I was!! My midwife told me to do low grunts and push with everything I had. She told me she saw the baby’s hair which gave me so much momentum to keep going. So I did some low groans and big pushes and out popped baby girl! It was so surreal finally seeing her. She came out yelling- just like me lol and hearing her cry made me so happy! The cord was actually quite short so they couldn’t put her on my chest! So they delayed cord clamping for a bit, my husband cut the cord and then I held her for a bit. I just couldn’t believe she was finally here. It was so surreal to see her.

Then I delivered the placenta, I was so worried it would hurt especially after the labour but it was fine. The midwife asked if I wanted to see it but I said- hell no! haha

Then I got into bed, snuggled my baby, and did some breastfeeding. I remember feeling in shock as to what had just happened! My waters had broke at 3.30pm and five hours later the baby arrived! And at home. Just crazy. I got three/four stitches which wasn’t too uncomfortable, but I just wanted to go to sleep at that point and get into bed. My legs hurt from all the pacing I had been doing and from the birth itself lol next time I’ll be training my legs in preparation! Lol

The midwives left around 12.30am, I think, I remember thinking I wish they could stay! I couldn’t believe we were gonna be left alone so soon after the birth!

The midwife came back at 630am to check on us though and I was so happy to see her. That was probably the scariest thing about having a baby at home; as it’s just you and your husband and no medical staff to check on you. I mean they did all the checks before they left but I felt like I wasn’t ready for them to leave! Haha

I have to say that having a home birth was a really cosy experience! I loved that it was just myself, two midwives and my husband. It was in my home environment, in my bedroom so I felt calm and more relaxed. It was just when the midwives left that I think I would have preferred to have been at a hospital incase we needed help ASAP. But we didn’t and all was good. AND they wouldn’t have left me if they were worried or if the checks hadn’t come back ok. I think if I have a second, I’ll go to the hospital as soon as I have just one contraction lol I also did feel super light headed and dizzy after the birth. And that continued into the next day.

I definitely wouldn’t recommend labour without drugs lol but I do think my pain was probably just increased/so intense due to the baby coming super fast and myself not having a slower process of active labour. In a way it was nice it was over so soon but also shocked that the pain was just so intense and so fast.

Anyways, I’m getting used to life as a mum. The cluster feeding totally sucks but damn she’s cute! And that makes up for it!!

The pain totally sucks! It’s probably just your boobs trying to get used to it. Anytime it hurts when they latch, I immediately take her off and relatch. Even if it takes ten times. You could always try that? Unless it’s just pain when she’s feeding?

I’m similar with napping during the day! Or if I do, I feel awful when i wake up! Maybe you’re not sleeping between night feeds as you’re worried about her? Or your mind can’t switxh off? I get like that sometimes too. It’s so funny because before I would get eight hours a night. Now if I could get five in a row that would be utter bliss lol

yeah I think I also have really sensitive nipples and boobs which makes it hard. I don’t unlatch because once she sucks the nipple in, the pain is gone. It’s just that I initial draw that gets me. However, the pain is much less than a week ago!

Oh I’m glad I’m not the only one! My DH falls asleep in literal seconds - so I’m sooooo jealous of him haha. Yeah, I can’t switch my brain off - always been the case. I slept much better last night! Although I was woken up by my DH’s alarm (he slept through his vibrating alarm lol) and someone using a f—ing chainsaw!!! Grr!

After reading you guys I’m glad that I only express and the feed Teddy breast milk via a bottle. No pain or any issues.

Plus my husband can get up in the night to feed him, which is a win.

Ah yeah I wish my hubby could help with feeds. He wants to as well, he feels really bad when I get up during the night and he can’t do anything. I guess the upside to EBF is no fussing about sterilising bottles!

I actually really love BF, I can have her all to myself and we chat and bond. I was actually quite sad when her feeds became shorter as I love spending that time with her <3 it’s draining but it’s still worth it for
me :)

My birth story!

So on October 27th, I was lying on the couch, taking it easy and watching tv. It was 3.25pm and I felt the need to pee. I stood up and I had this intense pressure ‘down below’ and it felt like I was going to wet myself lol I ran to the toilet and just knew it was my waters breaking. I called my midwife- that’s the system here. She asked me a bunch of qs and then said to call back when the contractions get to four minutes apart etc She said that I could get the contractions going by going for a walk etc and they might not start until the following morning and if they hadn’t by then she would stop by.

I decided that I would quickly eat some dinner incase labour came on sooner so I had more energy lol I watched some tv and started to feel a little nervous! Then I got some period style cramping, can’t remember the time, so I got into the bath and took two pain killers.

My husband started timing my contractions at this point. Then the midwife came to the house at around 6pm and checked me as she was coming from another birth so she thought she would check on me on her way home. At that point I was 3cm. So she went home to shower and quickly eat something. She told me to get into bed and try and relax, watch tv etc

Well, it seemed like as soon as she left the house the contractions got faster and a lot more painful. I kept going into the bathroom as it felt like each contraction I was having, i needed to go to the loo! Pretty sure that was my body saying it wanted to push!

I was in such pain and my husband was speaking with the midwife saying that my contractions were really close together and much more intense. She got back to the house around 730pm, I think, it was hard to keep track of time lol

She checked me out, she never told me how far dilated I was,(I’m thinking she didn’t want to panic me) but i kept saying I need to push. I need to push! So I figure I must have been close to 10!

So the hospital I was planning to deliver at is 45 mins away. There was no way I was going there - the thought of being in the car and in that much pain was just awful and my midwife agreed. We could have gone to the hospital that is five minutes away, but the thought of even driving there was terrible. I told her that I needed drugs and wanted an epidural (which is funny as that’s something I said I didn’t want on my birth plan lol) as I couldn’t cope with the pain- she said even if I did go to the hospital I wouldn’t be getting drugs- obviously due to me being dilated enough. Soooo, we agreed to deliver at home. At that point, I didn’t even care, i was no longer scared about having her at home, I just wanted the baby out I was in such pain. I remember swearing and yelling a lot haha

So at that point, another midwife arrived, and the two midwives and my husband went into action- getting towels, hot water, large waterproof pads to go on the floor etc it kinda felt like I was in a movie at that point lol

Then they put me on the bed but I said I wanted to be in the squatting position. Everything I had read about the pushing stage said that gravity is best for being in labour. So they grabbed the birth stool. I told my husband to put my Hawaiian playlist on lol and then I sat down on the stool and started pushing! I remember asking the midwives if she was out yet numerous times lol and they kept saying- soon, soon. I remember thinking- you’ve been saying that for a while now and it still hasn’t happened lol they kept checking her heartbeat which is normal protocol but it did worry me a bit as I thought oh god please don’t let something go wrong now, especially when we’re at home. But all was fine.

Anyways, I continued being in intense pain, I was just in agony, and wanted her out! I didn’t think I would scream and swear as much as I was!! My midwife told me to do low grunts and push with everything I had. She told me she saw the baby’s hair which gave me so much momentum to keep going. So I did some low groans and big pushes and out popped baby girl! It was so surreal finally seeing her. She came out yelling- just like me lol and hearing her cry made me so happy! The cord was actually quite short so they couldn’t put her on my chest! So they delayed cord clamping for a bit, my husband cut the cord and then I held her for a bit. I just couldn’t believe she was finally here. It was so surreal to see her.

Then I delivered the placenta, I was so worried it would hurt especially after the labour but it was fine. The midwife asked if I wanted to see it but I said- hell no! haha

Then I got into bed, snuggled my baby, and did some breastfeeding. I remember feeling in shock as to what had just happened! My waters had broke at 3.30pm and five hours later the baby arrived! And at home. Just crazy. I got three/four stitches which wasn’t too uncomfortable, but I just wanted to go to sleep at that point and get into bed. My legs hurt from all the pacing I had been doing and from the birth itself lol next time I’ll be training my legs in preparation! Lol

The midwives left around 12.30am, I think, I remember thinking I wish they could stay! I couldn’t believe we were gonna be left alone so soon after the birth!

The midwife came back at 630am to check on us though and I was so happy to see her. That was probably the scariest thing about having a baby at home; as it’s just you and your husband and no medical staff to check on you. I mean they did all the checks before they left but I felt like I wasn’t ready for them to leave! Haha

I have to say that having a home birth was a really cosy experience! I loved that it was just myself, two midwives and my husband. It was in my home environment, in my bedroom so I felt calm and more relaxed. It was just when the midwives left that I think I would have preferred to have been at a hospital incase we needed help ASAP. But we didn’t and all was good. AND they wouldn’t have left me if they were worried or if the checks hadn’t come back ok. I think if I have a second, I’ll go to the hospital as soon as I have just one contraction lol I also did feel super light headed and dizzy after the birth. And that continued into the next day.

I definitely wouldn’t recommend labour without drugs lol but I do think my pain was probably just increased/so intense due to the baby coming super fast and myself not having a slower process of active labour. In a way it was nice it was over so soon but also shocked that the pain was just so intense and so fast.

Anyways, I’m getting used to life as a mum. The cluster feeding totally sucks but damn she’s cute! And that makes up for it!!

wow, what a story! I remember we spoke about not wanting a home birth, how amazing that it worked out so well for you! I must say, I can see how comfortable being at home would be! I hated the hospital with all the interruptions and buzzers going off day and night!

Ha, omg I remember the midwives telling me that I was “nearly there” and it was absolutely not! I actually thought after the first three pushes she was out, but that was just the feeling of my cervix being pushed out to 10cm! I felt so cheated haha.

Isn’t the pain unreal! Mine was intense and apparently very fast for a first baby, I can’t imagine how much worse it was for you!

I’m glad you’re enjoying being a mum! It’s a steep learning curve that’s for sure!

My birth story!

What a lovely birth story! I hope mine will be just like yours! I also had a precipitous labour with my first and was in so so much agony. My contractions near the end were horrible, they would last about 2 minutes each with a second in between to breathe. I remember regretting not getting an epidural but she arrived so quickly after that I was happy I didn't get one.
Congrats again and hope you recover quickly!x

What a lovely birth story! I hope mine will be just like yours! I also had a precipitous labour with my first and was in so so much agony. My contractions near the end were horrible, they would last about 2 minutes each with a second in between to breathe. I remember regretting not getting an epidural but she arrived so quickly after that I was happy I didn't get one.
Congrats again and hope you recover quickly!x

Thank you! In a way it was nice that she came quick but also very hard to deal with the hard and fast contractions! Especially for a first baby i didn’t expect that!

Hope your birth goes well!! And all the best! X

wow, what a story! I remember we spoke about not wanting a home birth, how amazing that it worked out so well for you! I must say, I can see how comfortable being at home would be! I hated the hospital with all the interruptions and buzzers going off day and night!

Ha, omg I remember the midwives telling me that I was “nearly there” and it was absolutely not! I actually thought after the first three pushes she was out, but that was just the feeling of my cervix being pushed out to 10cm! I felt so cheated haha.

Isn’t the pain unreal! Mine was intense and apparently very fast for a first baby, I can’t imagine how much worse it was for you!

I’m glad you’re enjoying being a mum! It’s a steep learning curve that’s for sure!

I know! So funny how I definitely didn’t want a home birth and then ended up getting one lol yes it was really nice getting into my own bed and no interruptions etc although it was daunting when the midwives left and it was just me and my husband thinking- what now? Lol

The pain was just crazy!! I like to think I have a high pain threshold but that was just unreal!!

How are you going @xoxo? Have you been linked up to a mother’s group yet?

Hey! I’m doing ok, thanks! Some days are a lot easier than others thats for sure! And the next day is always dependent on how well we’ve slept the day before. She seems to be out of her cluster feeding now, or at least for the moment lol last night she did a four hour stretch!! Total bliss. I felt I wasn’t really getting out of the house much due to her constant feeds so it was a win for me when we went to Walmart yesterday lol

I haven’t even left the house to go to a mothers group yet. Have you? I just find it so hard to leave the house with the constant feeding! There are day groups in the area so I’m hoping to go to one when she’s a bit bigger as she still feels a bit small and I still am so out of it from the lack of sleep lol

Breastfeeding is going well. She enjoys weeing on us when we change her diaper lol

How are you and Isabelle doing? I meant to come on sooner and ask because I’ve seen all the bad fires in Sydney. Hope you are ok!!

Hey! I’m doing ok, thanks! Some days are a lot easier than others thats for sure! And the next day is always dependent on how well we’ve slept the day before. She seems to be out of her cluster feeding now, or at least for the moment lol last night she did a four hour stretch!! Total bliss. I felt I wasn’t really getting out of the house much due to her constant feeds so it was a win for me when we went to Walmart yesterday lol

I haven’t even left the house to go to a mothers group yet. Have you? I just find it so hard to leave the house with the constant feeding! There are day groups in the area so I’m hoping to go to one when she’s a bit bigger as she still feels a bit small and I still am so out of it from the lack of sleep lol

Breastfeeding is going well. She enjoys weeing on us when we change her diaper lol

How are you and Isabelle doing? I meant to come on sooner and ask because I’ve seen all the bad fires in Sydney. Hope you are ok!!

Aw yeah, Izzy has had some shocker evenings lately, might be a witching hour thing - so we shall see what happens this evening. Ah those four hour sleeps are heaven. Izzy slept for 5 hours the other night (she was awake for 5 hours during the evening screaming lol) - but then my boob was engorged and she struggled to latch on it - can't win!!

I managed to get to a group last Friday and we went out for a walk with the dog today - it was sooo nice! I couldn't get out and about without my hubby though, it's such a mission. Glad you ave been able to get out for a little bit. I think the groups are more beneficial when they are a bit older anyway. I don't want to take her out too often before her 6 week needles anyway.

Glad breastfeeding is going well! Same for us too :) .. Izzy does secret wees too! I open her diaper, wait a minute for her to pee and then catch it in the nappy before taking it away! So cheeky haha!

Yeah the bushfires are awful. We are safe, the bad fires are much further north to where we are. We do live near a national park, so hopefully no fires start up there. It's been so hot and dry, and it's not even summer yet! It's going to be a tough summer.

Otherwise, we are doing well! She is going to have her heath check and get weighed tomorrow. I reckon she is at or over 4kgs! She is growing up!

Aw yeah, Izzy has had some shocker evenings lately, might be a witching hour thing - so we shall see what happens this evening. Ah those four hour sleeps are heaven. Izzy slept for 5 hours the other night (she was awake for 5 hours during the evening screaming lol) - but then my boob was engorged and she struggled to latch on it - can't win!!

I managed to get to a group last Friday and we went out for a walk with the dog today - it was sooo nice! I couldn't get out and about without my hubby though, it's such a mission. Glad you ave been able to get out for a little bit. I think the groups are more beneficial when they are a bit older anyway. I don't want to take her out too often before her 6 week needles anyway.

Glad breastfeeding is going well! Same for us too :) .. Izzy does secret wees too! I open her diaper, wait a minute for her to pee and then catch it in the nappy before taking it away! So cheeky haha!

Yeah the bushfires are awful. We are safe, the bad fires are much further north to where we are. We do live near a national park, so hopefully no fires start up there. It's been so hot and dry, and it's not even summer yet! It's going to be a tough summer.

Otherwise, we are doing well! She is going to have her heath check and get weighed tomorrow. I reckon she is at or over 4kgs! She is growing up!

I haven’t been on here for a few days! Keep forgetting.

Glad BFing is going well for you! I do still love it but omg when she cluster feeds, I really do find that hard. Or when I’ve barely made it out the house because she just feeds all day. Do you find that hard too? It doesn’t help that it’s so cold here so can’t even go for a walk so really starting to feel cooped up. Although when my husband returns from work sometimes I quickly run out to the shop to even just buy milk by myself lol

Wow five hours is amazing!! Go Izzy!! Quinn has done four in a row. Felt so good lol

How did her weight check go? We have her hearing test on Tuesday and midwife check up then too. She’s so long that she’s almost too long for her newborn clothes now which makes me really sad!! I don’t want her in 0-3 yet lol

Aaah glad the bush fires aren’t near you. It’s all on the news over here. Hoping it slows down soon. X

I haven’t been on here for a few days! Keep forgetting.

Glad BFing is going well for you! I do still love it but omg when she cluster feeds, I really do find that hard. Or when I’ve barely made it out the house because she just feeds all day. Do you find that hard too? It doesn’t help that it’s so cold here so can’t even go for a walk so really starting to feel cooped up. Although when my husband returns from work sometimes I quickly run out to the shop to even just buy milk by myself lol

Wow five hours is amazing!! Go Izzy!! Quinn has done four in a row. Felt so good lol

How did her weight check go? We have her hearing test on Tuesday and midwife check up then too. She’s so long that she’s almost too long for her newborn clothes now which makes me really sad!! I don’t want her in 0-3 yet lol

Aaah glad the bush fires aren’t near you. It’s all on the news over here. Hoping it slows down soon. X

ah that’s okay, it’s a busy time! I have stopped updating my journal so regularly, just no time.

Yeah the feeding and being attached to me so many times a day and night is hard and exhausting! I feel you. Just remember that soon enough our babies will eventually sleep through the night and feed less often! Its unfortunate you can’t get out when it’s so cold :( it’s the same here with the heat, I can’t take her outside on the deck some days because the heat is so intense! Glad to hear Quinn is having some good stretches of sleep lately!

Izzy’s health check went well :) .. she gained another 330g and her growth is tracking nicely still! So proud of us haha. She is now over 4kgs and getting too big for her newborn clothes too! It’s so sad! Haha. She had her hearing check in hospital so she is all good there too :) Hope Quinn’s checks go well on Tues - let me know how she goes x

ah that’s okay, it’s a busy time! I have stopped updating my journal so regularly, just no time.

Yeah the feeding and being attached to me so many times a day and night is hard and exhausting! I feel you. Just remember that soon enough our babies will eventually sleep through the night and feed less often! Its unfortunate you can’t get out when it’s so cold :( it’s the same here with the heat, I can’t take her outside on the deck some days because the heat is so intense! Glad to hear Quinn is having some good stretches of sleep lately!

Izzy’s health check went well :) .. she gained another 330g and her growth is tracking nicely still! So proud of us haha. She is now over 4kgs and getting too big for her newborn clothes too! It’s so sad! Haha. She had her hearing check in hospital so she is all good there too :) Hope Quinn’s checks go well on Tues - let me know how she goes x

I didn’t even think about the heat and it being so hot but yes of course you’d have to be careful about that!

Quinn cluster fed from 9pm to 5am last night. Wow that was a hard night! And of course we had the midwife appointment at 10am. Always the way when you have to be somewhere! It’s true what you say though, they’ll only be this tiny for so long and the crazy sleep won’t last forever.

So she is now 9 pounds and 3 ounces! hardly surprising since she’s always on the boob lol
And she passed her hearing test! Woop!

How have you been getting on getting out to shops or just places in general? Sometimes if I need one item from the store I just can’t be bothered to go out and get my husband to get it! It just is such a faff to leave the house lol how does Izzy like car rides? Quinn really likes them but does squirm when you put her in the car seat! X

I didn’t even think about the heat and it being so hot but yes of course you’d have to be careful about that!

Quinn cluster fed from 9pm to 5am last night. Wow that was a hard night! And of course we had the midwife appointment at 10am. Always the way when you have to be somewhere! It’s true what you say though, they’ll only be this tiny for so long and the crazy sleep won’t last forever.

So she is now 9 pounds and 3 ounces! hardly surprising since she’s always on the boob lol
And she passed her hearing test! Woop!

How have you been getting on getting out to shops or just places in general? Sometimes if I need one item from the store I just can’t be bothered to go out and get my husband to get it! It just is such a faff to leave the house lol how does Izzy like car rides? Quinn really likes them but does squirm when you put her in the car seat! X

Eeep that's an intense cluster feed! Izzy hasn't been cluster feeding, but she has been sleeping poorly during the day! She decided she doesn't want hubby to settle her so I am doing it every time! Exhausting! However, we get a 4.5 hour sleep with her overnight which has been nice :)

Izzy is about the same weight as Quinn too! She is getting so chubby in the cheeks and arms :) so adorable <3 ... Glad Quinn passed her hearing test!

I have gone on a few outings, one to the shopping centre and a walk along the esplanade, which went well! I couldn't get out of the house without hubby though - I'm slowly building up my confidence getting out with her. Izzy likes the car and pram too by the look of it! Keeps her asleep, which is nice. I often send hubby to get things too, it's so much easier and quicker - so it means I am mostly in the house. My husband made me walk the puppy the other day to get out of the house. It was really nice, but I kept checking my phone to see if Izzy had woken from her nap lol.

I had to go to the GP today because I have a bit of prolapse :( ... Noticed it when I was checking on my stitches. So will have to book into a pelvic floor physio asap as most places will close over the xmas break. Hoping that it isn't too bad and easily fixed!

How is Izzy doing for sleep now? Any cluster feeding yet? Quinn pulled another all nighter last night lol she had been sleeping good the last few nights, giving us three or four hour stretches but last night just went out the window lol

How often do you bathe her? I know you’re not meant to bathe them too much in the beginning but we’re gonna bathe here again tonight. She always spits up into her hair when you lie her down lol so she is definitely ready for another one!

It definitely takes forever to get out the house eh! I find once were out it’s fine but it’s just getting out the house is a nightmare!

Oh no, did you managed to get an appointment with a pelvic floor physio? I’m still too scared to look ‘down below’ haha it’s definitely taking longer to heal than I thought, like it still feels sore but it also doesn’t help when I sit a lot when she’s on a breastfeeding rampage haha

How is Izzy doing for sleep now? Any cluster feeding yet? Quinn pulled another all nighter last night lol she had been sleeping good the last few nights, giving us three or four hour stretches but last night just went out the window lol

How often do you bathe her? I know you’re not meant to bathe them too much in the beginning but we’re gonna bathe here again tonight. She always spits up into her hair when you lie her down lol so she is definitely ready for another one!

It definitely takes forever to get out the house eh! I find once were out it’s fine but it’s just getting out the house is a nightmare!

Oh no, did you managed to get an appointment with a pelvic floor physio? I’m still too scared to look ‘down below’ haha it’s definitely taking longer to heal than I thought, like it still feels sore but it also doesn’t help when I sit a lot when she’s on a breastfeeding rampage haha

izzy has been a bit all over the place with her sleep. She refused to go down for longer than 40 mins between 3pm and 11pm despite all the best soothing and plenty of milk to try and get her down for a proper sleep. Safe to say DH and I were exhausted by 11pm! She had a good 4.5 hour sleep after that. Hoping that her afternoon and evening sleeps get better sooner rather than later. You poor thing with an all nighter - that’s tough :( ... The broken and lack of sleep is really starting to take its toll now. Sigh!

we bath her about twice a week, she really enjoys it so it’s good for when she has a crabby day haha.

I haven’t booked in with the physio as yet. It feels a bit better down below - not as “heavy” down there. The first time I checked my stitches I couldn’t see anything due to the huge about of bruising and swelling! It’s a lot better now, but it is a long process to heal. Do you have a postnatal check up coming up?

So remember how we said with the time difference Izzy and Quinn might have been born closer than we thought? So I just worked it out. Australia is 16 hours ahead of Ontario. But to confuse matters at the time our clocks hadn’t gone back yet and yours had gone forward already. So it was really 17 hour difference. So Quinn was born at 8.40pm on oct 27 which would have been 1.40pm on October 28 and you said Izzy was born at 11.10am on October 28! So Izzy is actually older than Quinn by 2.5 hours! How weird is that! Although their birth certificates wouldn’t show that. So funny! I think I’ve worked that out right. Clearly I have things to think about when I’m breastfeeding for the millionth time tonight lol

Urg I know what you mean about the lack of sleep taking its toll! I felt like a zombie today! Sounds like Izzy had a fussy period for sure that night. That’s nice she slept for a chunk afterwards though. It’s so hard when they’re fussy like that.

I bought a baby carrier to use as sometimes she hates being away from me in the day when she sleeps. It’s the ergobaby embrace and is alot easier than the woven wraps to use cos I just couldn’t figure those out! So hopefully I’ll be able to ‘wear’ her while I do stuff around the house. I used it tonight and it felt like I was pregnant again as it was so heavy in the front! So strange.

Aw that’s nice that she likes the bath! Quinn does too which is funny as she hates being naked lol

Oh I’m glad it’s starting to feel better then. Maybe it’ll sort itself out in time. Well I’m discharged with the midwives at six weeks but I’m not sure if they check me out or the doctor or if you just get a check up if you want one? No one has really said tbh! Is that something they do over there?

Have you missed being pregnant? I don’t miss it anymore but the first few weeks I weirdly missed my bump! Although I do enjoy not having to worry about eating certain foods, and I’ve had a glass of wine too which was nice.

So remember how we said with the time difference Izzy and Quinn might have been born closer than we thought? So I just worked it out. Australia is 16 hours ahead of Ontario. But to confuse matters at the time our clocks hadn’t gone back yet and yours had gone forward already. So it was really 17 hour difference. So Quinn was born at 8.40pm on oct 27 which would have been 1.40pm on October 28 and you said Izzy was born at 11.10am on October 28! So Izzy is actually older than Quinn by 2.5 hours! How weird is that! Although their birth certificates wouldn’t show that. So funny! I think I’ve worked that out right. Clearly I have things to think about when I’m breastfeeding for the millionth time tonight lol

Urg I know what you mean about the lack of sleep taking its toll! I felt like a zombie today! Sounds like Izzy had a fussy period for sure that night. That’s nice she slept for a chunk afterwards though. It’s so hard when they’re fussy like that.

I bought a baby carrier to use as sometimes she hates being away from me in the day when she sleeps. It’s the ergobaby embrace and is alot easier than the woven wraps to use cos I just couldn’t figure those out! So hopefully I’ll be able to ‘wear’ her while I do stuff around the house. I used it tonight and it felt like I was pregnant again as it was so heavy in the front! So strange.

Aw that’s nice that she likes the bath! Quinn does too which is funny as she hates being naked lol

Oh I’m glad it’s starting to feel better then. Maybe it’ll sort itself out in time. Well I’m discharged with the midwives at six weeks but I’m not sure if they check me out or the doctor or if you just get a check up if you want one? No one has really said tbh! Is that something they do over there?

Have you missed being pregnant? I don’t miss it anymore but the first few weeks I weirdly missed my bump! Although I do enjoy not having to worry about eating certain foods, and I’ve had a glass of wine too which was nice.

Haha that's crazy! I'm impressed you could work that out - I can barely count to 10 anymore hehe.

Yeah it's hard having a fussy period at the end of the day when energy starts to go south and frustrations can easily creep up! She has been pretty good lately, so I think we are reaching the end of her first leap!

We have the ergobaby too - have only used it once so far, but I'm sure I will use it heaps when DH goes back to work!

Yep, so I get a postnatal check up when Izzy get's her 6 week needles. My GP is excellent and booked me in for an hour consult to get through all the checks :) ... I had a midwife visit at 4 weeks and they did all the PND and health checks at that point too.

I really missed being pregnant in the first few weeks, especially miss the little kicks and flutters. I don't miss the cankles and heartburn!! Haha.

I spent the last week doing the majority of my xmas shopping! Excited for Izzy's first xmas :) we will be driving 4 hours to DH's parent's house and staying for 4 days which will be interesting! Hopefully she isn't too unsettled at that point! Will you be doing anything over the holidays? x

Haha I worked that out when I was in the midst of another crazy cluster feed marathon!

I finally got my sling and have used it like once too lol but need to use it more. I’ve introduced a soother! I was kind of against them before but wow it’s a life saver! I definitely just use it in emergencies when she won’t settle and I have to shower, use the loo etc or if my husband is holding her and she won’t calm down and I am showering etc luckily she’s taken to it. I only ever give it to her when I know she’s comfort sucking too.

I’ve officially been discharged from the midwives! I’m really gonna miss their support. Because you have the same midwife from the beginning here, they really become such a great support person. So it’ll be strange not having them around anymore.

Can’t believe our babies are five weeks! Quinn is now 10’pounds! And 24 inches!!shes definitely growing lengthwise.

How have your emotions been? It sounds soppy but sometimes I just become so overwhelmed by how much I love this little person that I wanna cry lol I think it’s also the hormones too but I still get happy teary. Having Quinn has also really solidified mine and my husbands relationship too and brought us closer. And we definitely were close before too.

That’s nice that they check you out over there at six weeks. My midwife recommended me seeing a pelvic floor physio so I’ll definitely do that. How’s yournprolaspe now?

Aw that’s nice you’re organized for Xmas! Have you got her a little outfit? I need to do that! How is she in the car? Yeah hopefully she stays calm for the journey lol
Well crazy enough but we are actually moving back to the UK!! Can’t wait! Sooo we’ll be there for Christmas! Can’t wait as I’ll see my two nieces and will be nice for them to grow up together. Can’t wait for all the Christmas traditions too to do with Quinn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back