**September 2020 Mummies**

Hi ladies, sorry to hear about your May milestone TTC, but lovely that you now have another little bean wriggling away.

Great that you can get some stuff from your friend Kanga, and will be nice to have some newer stuff. And I bet she'll be pleased to have the stuff out of the way. I think DH is already looking forward to when we can clear out all the baby stuff/pram, etc. It will be like being given the gift of space. I

I've had a bit of a wobbly day. Slept terribly, then work up feeling down. Work have clarified the requirements for people to go back in the office. I fall in the moderate risk category so very likely i won't be back in til after maternity leave. Gutted as I'm missing normal adult interaction and worried about being isolated. But I'm going to try and get over it, get a positive head on, and have a better day tomorrow.

On the plus side, I sent DH to pick up a baby Bjorn original carrier that someone was selling on FB. Barely used, in box, great condition. Very happy. Also ordered some more moses basket sheets

She certainly did, it did affect our friendship for quite a while too as I had 3 children in that time at it was so tough for her. But it is so helpful to be able to get bits from her. The only things I've actually bought so far are a stretchy wrap, 3 'little sister' sleep suits from ebay and 2 sets of girlie sleep suits- 1 tiny baby 3 pack and 1 first size 3 pack. There is still plenty of time, unless you need to buy alot? I can't remember if you have stuff still from your other 2.

I have everything from my other 2 plus their clothes. Thank god I have it all. Just few bits we really need. And to wash the pram carseat etc. Will get baby few bit off clothes

Hi ladies, sorry to hear about your May milestone TTC, but lovely that you now have another little bean wriggling away.

Great that you can get some stuff from your friend Kanga, and will be nice to have some newer stuff. And I bet she'll be pleased to have the stuff out of the way. I think DH is already looking forward to when we can clear out all the baby stuff/pram, etc. It will be like being given the gift of space. I

I've had a bit of a wobbly day. Slept terribly, then work up feeling down. Work have clarified the requirements for people to go back in the office. I fall in the moderate risk category so very likely i won't be back in til after maternity leave. Gutted as I'm missing normal adult interaction and worried about being isolated. But I'm going to try and get over it, get a positive head on, and have a better day tomorrow.

On the plus side, I sent DH to pick up a baby Bjorn original carrier that someone was selling on FB. Barely used, in box, great condition. Very happy. Also ordered some more moses basket sheets

Sorry to hear uve had a hard day.
I cant see me going to back to work at all either. I think the risk is slightly more for us when we reach third trimester. (Which is not far off for me) so I dont think work will want me back. I'm happy enough to be at home though. I do understand though about missing the conversation with adults. I see no one really living in the countryside.
Hopefully restrictions ease a little more along with the bloody virus we can get out to do a little more.
Nice little find with the carrier. I've a ergo, woven and stretchy .

@TTC no2 what woven have you got? I got one and just couldn't get on with it, much prefer buckle carriers. I have a standard and a toddler tula aswell. I have the infant insert for the standard tula too. I keep looking at the tula explore and ergo 360 and debating selling my standard tula for a new one but I really love the print I have so don't know if I want to get rid of it.

Amy sorry you've had a tough day, I've struggled today and blew my top several times at the boys. Feel awful about it, but hoping tomorrow is a better day.

I haven't even thought about the fact I must not be going back to work. But I guess it is possible I won't as Asda is a hard place to enforce the social distancing that we need and like you say we are at more risk from the 3rd trimester. I guess I will hear more from work at some point, currently being paid up to the 14th June.

Thanks for the lovely messages. Really hoping to wake up more positive tomorrow. Just accept it and move on.

I submitted my maternity leave paperwork today. As I'll likely be at home anyway I've put for it to start on my EDD, with 2 weeks annual leave before. Going to take 10 months and then tag 8 weeks annual leave on at the end. Work have agreed I can carry over as much leave as I want seeing as I can't really use any now, so that's one positive thing. Hopefully by then we'll be able to do some fun stuff again

I bought a close caboo wrap/carrier with my first and couldn't get on with it at all. Even with DH and I both trying to get it set up it never seemed right or secure. We bought it new for £60 and sold it unused for £30. Only thing I let DH choose :clap:. Tried my new one out today and it seems so easy so I'm really hoping we get to use it.

@TTC no2 what woven have you got? I got one and just couldn't get on with it, much prefer buckle carriers. I have a standard and a toddler tula aswell. I have the infant insert for the standard tula too. I keep looking at the tula explore and ergo 360 and debating selling my standard tula for a new one but I really love the print I have so don't know if I want to get rid of it.

Amy sorry you've had a tough day, I've struggled today and blew my top several times at the boys. Feel awful about it, but hoping tomorrow is a better day.

I haven't even thought about the fact I must not be going back to work. But I guess it is possible I won't as Asda is a hard place to enforce the social distancing that we need and like you say we are at more risk from the 3rd trimester. I guess I will hear more from work at some point, currently being paid up to the 14th June.

It's a lovely bright coloured Little Frog. I will lots off practice again using it. I cant mind any off them.
I have ergo insert for the ergo. I got on so well with it. Love how handy the carrier was. I think it will be my 'go too' one when doing school runs again.

It's a lovely bright coloured Little Frog. I will lots off practice again using it. I cant mind any off them.
I have ergo insert for the ergo. I got on so well with it. Love how handy the carrier was. I think it will be my 'go too' one when doing school runs again.

I couldn't remember the name of the woven I had but little frog rang a bell so googled. 1st pic is the one I got, stony opal it was called. But I also love the after the storm tula, 2nd pic, it's a new one just out print I believe.

20200519_171154.jpg 20200519_171610.jpg

Amy I hope you're having a better day today? We've been okay, kids driving me insane with their fighting, mainly the younger two, it's just constant at the moment and I just feel like I'm shouting at them all the time. I've never had a close caboo, looked at buying one several times but always ended up with a stretchy you just wrap around you and tie up. Looks complicated but very easy once you get the hang of it.

It must be good to be organised for maternity leave, I still am unsure on when to go off. But I suppose I need to talk to work and see if I will actually need to return first. I should be seeing my mw next week and she said I will get my matb1 form. I think the request has to be made by 25 weeks so I better make a decision soon.

Hi girls, sorry I’ve been a bit quiet. Had a hectic week with work so just catching up on everyone’s news. Congrats on passing 24 weeks @TTC no2 and @chattychar1990. Remember that feeling like a huge milestone for me first time round.

Hope everyone is doing ok - it is great being at the end of the month as you are all reminding me what to do! Whopping cough jab booked for today and got a call with HR to agree mat leave dates. Planning to leave at end August and use holidays up to due date. Could work linger but my son starts in reception 3 September so would be nice to concentrate on him for those few weeks before baby comes xx

Thanks for the lovely message kanga. Yesterday was a bit hit and miss. I was really teary in the morning and kept bursting into tears. Poor DH and DD, I don't think they knew what to do. DD kept bringing me her toys to cheer me up. Think I'm just feeling sad that I'm not getting to get out and about and enjoy this pregnancy. Missing friends and family, and just feeling cooped up.

Managed to get out for a walk, which was nice. Don't think it helps that my sleep is all messed about. Not been able to get to sleep til gone 0300 the last few nights. Mixture of needing to wee, not being able to switch my head off, and itchy legs. Ordered some cream from Aveeno to try and help the legs. Then yesterday I lay down for a bit in the afternoon and fell asleep for 2 hours :doh:

I agree with you Jenny. The other girls are my reminder too :D. Make sure you pick the arm widely for the jab, cos it's gonna hurt for a few days. I'd definitely forgotten about that from last time.

Lovely idea to have a few weeks in September focusing on your son before he starts school. One of the reasons I want to get DD back in nursery is so she's settled there again before the baby comes. And it will make me feel more energised to have fun with her on the days we have together

Hi everyone, sorry I’m just catching up, I’ve had a two day migraine and been feeling awful. Reached 24 weeks today so that’s good! I saw my midwife last week on Thursday, I’ve had her through my last two pregnancies and really don’t like her, I think she is poorly trained and has poor bedside manner and just rubs me up the wrong way. I say poorly trained because in my area the epidural is put in and then you press a button to self administer the drug every half an hour. Despite telling her 4 years ago this is how it works and her saying she had never heard that I had the exact same conversation with her this week, she ‘had never heard of it being done like that’. I can’t understand how someone who is supposed to support you through it all and advise on birth plan could not know that in the hospital they are linked to that’s how the drug is administered?! We got off to a bad start too because she told me to arrive exactly at my appointment time 9.20am and wait outside in the car park and someone would come open the door (the surgery is only open to pregnant women) so I waited 20 minutes and no one came. Next patient arrived and knocked on the door and they let her in, asked who I was and said ‘oh we thought you weren’t coming we can’t see you know’ when I said I had been waiting twenty minutes as instructed the receptionist shrugged and said I could come back at 12. Which is what I did but was so angry when I followed instructions and they could have looked out their window and seen me there!

anywhere from there I just went into a spiral of anxiety I think, it was partly my worries about labour and birth that she has poo pooed but also just worry about the virus, being stuck inside with no end in sight, my husband saying he wants me to homeschool until there is virus, my husband being super busy with work etc. Basically is ended with my breaking down in Sunday in uncontrollable sobbing and shouting at him that he hadn’t seemed to have noticed I was falling apart.

On Monday my consultant called me to confirm a couple of things my stupid midwife questioned but basically spent 25 minutes on the phone to me totally reassuring me and listening to my history and has agreed they will give me growth scans and if baby is big at 36 weeks deliver at 38-39 weeks. Also I’m down as needing to speak to the anaesthetist straight away when I get to hospital because epidurals don’t fully work on me. Basically she just alleviated all my concerns and I felt better. But she also sent me straight to maternity assessment because she was concerned my midwife had just let a high blood pressure reading go uninvestigated despite me having migraines - 2 indicators of preeclampsia. In the end maternity assessment spent an hour doing tests and decided my blood pressure was borderline high but they don’t think I have preeclampsia.

Then I had a 2 day migraine but I do feel better generally from a mental health point of view. Sorry that was a bit of an essay!! Hope everyone is ok x

Wow Rose, you've really been through it. Hoping you're feeling a bit better now. Sending lots of love and hugs.

Your mw sounds like a nightmare. Are you able to ask to change to a different one? I do get really surprised by how much some of them not seem sure about. Sure!t they get asked a lot of the same questions regularly? I've only met my mw once, but she seemed ok (fingers crossed).

Your consultant sounds lovely though. Least they are on your side and helpful.

are you going to continue home schooling then? We have decided to send DD back to nursery once they open. We weighed up the pros and cons. She really missed nursery, and told me tonight in bed about how much she missed her friends. And her potty training has really regressed. I also know I can't cope with her and a new born full time so I need her to go back at some point. My worry is that if I wait til later to send her we may lose her place. And while I don't want her to get the virus, I'm worried that is we send her later and she gets ill close to Labour I'll have to give birth alone, or also be ill. And I find want her/is to be ill around a newborn. It's just a nightmare to work out what to do for The best. I think I'm just going to have to work with what is best for hers and my mental health at the mo......urgh. Adulting is hard. Think we all need a stiff drink :rotfl:

Hi everyone, sorry I’m just catching up, I’ve had a two day migraine and been feeling awful. Reached 24 weeks today so that’s good! I saw my midwife last week on Thursday, I’ve had her through my last two pregnancies and really don’t like her, I think she is poorly trained and has poor bedside manner and just rubs me up the wrong way. I say poorly trained because in my area the epidural is put in and then you press a button to self administer the drug every half an hour. Despite telling her 4 years ago this is how it works and her saying she had never heard that I had the exact same conversation with her this week, she ‘had never heard of it being done like that’. I can’t understand how someone who is supposed to support you through it all and advise on birth plan could not know that in the hospital they are linked to that’s how the drug is administered?! We got off to a bad start too because she told me to arrive exactly at my appointment time 9.20am and wait outside in the car park and someone would come open the door (the surgery is only open to pregnant women) so I waited 20 minutes and no one came. Next patient arrived and knocked on the door and they let her in, asked who I was and said ‘oh we thought you weren’t coming we can’t see you know’ when I said I had been waiting twenty minutes as instructed the receptionist shrugged and said I could come back at 12. Which is what I did but was so angry when I followed instructions and they could have looked out their window and seen me there!

anywhere from there I just went into a spiral of anxiety I think, it was partly my worries about labour and birth that she has poo pooed but also just worry about the virus, being stuck inside with no end in sight, my husband saying he wants me to homeschool until there is virus, my husband being super busy with work etc. Basically is ended with my breaking down in Sunday in uncontrollable sobbing and shouting at him that he hadn’t seemed to have noticed I was falling apart.

On Monday my consultant called me to confirm a couple of things my stupid midwife questioned but basically spent 25 minutes on the phone to me totally reassuring me and listening to my history and has agreed they will give me growth scans and if baby is big at 36 weeks deliver at 38-39 weeks. Also I’m down as needing to speak to the anaesthetist straight away when I get to hospital because epidurals don’t fully work on me. Basically she just alleviated all my concerns and I felt better. But she also sent me straight to maternity assessment because she was concerned my midwife had just let a high blood pressure reading go uninvestigated despite me having migraines - 2 indicators of preeclampsia. In the end maternity assessment spent an hour doing tests and decided my blood pressure was borderline high but they don’t think I have preeclampsia.

Then I had a 2 day migraine but I do feel better generally from a mental health point of view. Sorry that was a bit of an essay!! Hope everyone is ok x

Aww Rose I'm so sorry uve had rough few days mixed with migraines..
That's wouldve totally pissed me off too u their proper time and then them not to come call u.
Ur MW does sound to be bit shit.. glad u got chatting with the consultant though and she was able to ease ur mind alittle about everything.
24 weeks is lovely milestone to reach

Homeschooling is bloody tough. Honestly I dont know if my headaches are down to that or pregnancy sometimes. Some days it goes well other days my youngest just has no interest. I really dont want him to fall behind. And I feel he has a crucial little time in his life to get the phonics and blending sounds right to help him read. I know when they go back to school eventually they will have to go over the stuff. We sit for couple hours to get it done. I'm really starting to dread it each day. I def couldn't so it full time.

Wow Rose, you've really been through it. Hoping you're feeling a bit better now. Sending lots of love and hugs.

Your mw sounds like a nightmare. Are you able to ask to change to a different one? I do get really surprised by how much some of them not seem sure about. Sure!t they get asked a lot of the same questions regularly? I've only met my mw once, but she seemed ok (fingers crossed).

Your consultant sounds lovely though. Least they are on your side and helpful.

are you going to continue home schooling then? We have decided to send DD back to nursery once they open. We weighed up the pros and cons. She really missed nursery, and told me tonight in bed about how much she missed her friends. And her potty training has really regressed. I also know I can't cope with her and a new born full time so I need her to go back at some point. My worry is that if I wait til later to send her we may lose her place. And while I don't want her to get the virus, I'm worried that is we send her later and she gets ill close to Labour I'll have to give birth alone, or also be ill. And I find want her/is to be ill around a newborn. It's just a nightmare to work out what to do for The best. I think I'm just going to have to work with what is best for hers and my mental health at the mo......urgh. Adulting is hard. Think we all need a stiff drink :rotfl:

U have to do what best for u and ur little family Amy.
Have the nursery got in contact with parents to let uz know how they will go about safety now. I imagine it's going to be so hard to put measures into place.

Over here theres no plans for opening off schools although our education minister was going to make announcement soon people are expecting it to be September.

Thanks girls, it was a really rough week but feeling better :) I don’t think there is any other midwife that works in our area and it’s probably not worth the hassle of saying anything anyway. With the current situation I’ll only see her a handful of times and the consultant said if I had any concerns I should phone her secretary to have them considered anyway which was good.

yes, so at the moment we are considering not sending the children back. Our situation should have been my daughter going into primary 2 in August (Scottish schools start back from summer holidays in August), and then both my boys age 4 and 3 going to nursery 9-3 but this was based on Scotland providing extended nursery hours from this August for free which they have now cancelled the plans for due to covid so now it will go back to them only getting a half day. Mine have afternoon slots so 12.30 to 3.30pm. Basically if I keep them home then I would need to home school my primary aged one whilst also making sure the boys were doing enough to keep them learning skills they would need as pre-schoolers. Fortunately they are all very bright so are probably ahead of their peers at the moment but I know how easily that could slip. I am a teacher so there is that, I don’t think I could really consider it if I wasn’t. I just worry that having to do all that plus look after a newborn would be very very demanding.

as it is though I feel like unless it has become very very unlikely to catch covid by August then it doesn’t seem sensible to send them all back just a couple of weeks before the baby is born for fear of them catching it and passing to me or baby or complicating things when it came to the birth.

glad it’s not just me worrying about these things though! X

@Rose83 - what a horrible time you have had. I really hope you start to feel better soon. Go for a lovely walk in the sunshine and get some vitamin D. Sending you lots of love xx

It's just crazy isn't it, trying to work out what's best with nursery/schooling. We had to complete a form stating whether we wanted to send her back, what date we thought we would, and for which days. Fortunately she only goes Tuesday and thursday, but just having those two days will do both of us such good. The email said there would be temperature checks, no parents would be allowed past the entrance, there would be no interaction between the different groups, there would be no swapping of staff, hygiene and cleaning would be stepped up further, etc. They are supposed to be calling us all next week to discuss it further. Fortunately as DH and I are home we can easily do staggered drop off times.

With her being our first i have no idea what level she should be at, or how we should be helping to teach her through play. I try and do counting games with her, teach about nature on walks, crafts, etc, but I don't know what else she is missing. Also trying to potty train again. That's really regressed since she stopped nursery. So I can do with the help

Amy just wanted to say I will be sending my 5yr old back into yrR and my 4yr old into preschool when they open in June. It is hard to know what is best to do, but I’ve decided it will be good for mine and my boys mental health. The routine and structure will help us all, plus the boys could do with being separated lol With the other 2 out at school I will be able to do some home schooling with my 7yr old, well that’s the hope anyway.

I’ve only skim read the posts, but just wanted to say I’m thinking of you Rose and hope your feeling better now, migraines are the worst. Sorry you have such an unhelpful midwife, but glad the consultant seems to have eased your worries a bit.

I feel so out off breath lately my pulse is always high when I'm not doing much physically work and combined with pregnancy rhinitis I feel I cant get deep enough breath.
Anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back