***June 2019 Mummies***

Bubbles I THINK (although best to check with midwife as this is my first baby so I'm probably not the best person to answer) that even if the baby has turned at this stage it's okay as they can flip back round still as there's time. I'm only saying this as a lady who was 37 weeks said this during prenatal yoga and the midwife reassured her and said it was fine. Check if you are worried though. I've generally only felt hiccups deep in my pelvis. Have a good feel for the baby's back and bottom and see if you can work put what positing they're in xx

Hope you're okay marvellous, I had a couple of funny turns like that in work and my midwife said get fresh air, plenty to drink and eat and if it still happens ring her again. Keep an eye on it and look after yourself xx

Yeah I’m not too worried as my second was transverse until 37 weeks when she turned just before I was due to go in for a ecv. However I went upside down on sofa every day the week before to encourage her but with my knee injury this time I can’t go on all fours or put pressure on knees to get in good position. See what they say tomorrow :) xx

Hope your all ok.

I had my growth scan today and baby is already 5lbs I will be 34 weeks tomorrow. Baby is actually only on 53rd centile but at this stage 5lbs does seem a lot so looks like will be having c section soon - get my date on Friday x

19AEDCB3-9301-4087-ACDD-F77F016CF18F.jpeg

Also I am concerned that my hospital have only performed one 5th c section in the past 3 years- only found out this today x

I hope you're feeling better Marvellous, I have funny turns all the time, I think because my blood pressure drops, particularly with the sickness! I find salt and electrolytes help but it can sometimes last for the whole day and include a headache!
I'm also having really bad pain in a certain area of my bump, I think it may be something to do with the ligaments being stretched too much - is anyone else experiencing this?
I have no idea which way baby is positioned, she gets hiccups all the time but I feel them all over. Because of my condition they said there was a high risk of baby being breech last time as he'd likely run out of space before he turned but he was head down from really early on! I'm hoping this one is as well, although I'll still push for a vaginal birth if she's breech - I don't understand this whole thing of automatically having a section because of being breech?
Are the percentile measurements based on head circumference and limb length as opposed to weight Caz? Is size the only reason they're recommending you have a section. I have my next growth scan on Friday so looking forward to seeing how they think baby's size is coming along xx

It passed thankfully. Took nearly 24 hrs to shift but it passed. Don't think this ever changing weather helps either. Hot yesterday to chucking it down and chilly today. Great British weather eh lol

Ah good, I'm glad you're feeling better xx

Baby’s weight is 53rd centile but she was difficult to measure as usual!
I’ve actually had 4 previous sections so natural birth would be even more risky they only usually advised a Vbac birth after one section.

How was your last growth scan unicorn, it’s nice seeing baby grow though x

I get sharp pain that stays sometimes for a while either side of bump and it’s worse if I try and move and I think that’s ligaments? Is that what you get unicorn?

Glad you feeling better marvellous. No this weather isn’t the most predictable. And long range says going to be hot again end of May- June. Not looking forward to labour wards in heat! My other girls were march and October and that was bad enough! Xx

Ah, yes, that's completely understandable Caz, and what sizes where your other children? Baby was measuring just under the 50th percentile at last scan but it wasn't until a bit later that our little boy dropped down the percentiles due to running out of space to grow, so I'm hoping this one still seems to be doing ok on Friday.
Mine is like a continuous pain in a certain area of my bump Bubbles. Baby is just in one position on one side of my bump and so that area is really sore, more so later in the day and particularly if she moves at all. I don't remember experiencing this last time though! Xx

I get the same sort of pain but I think mine is from constipation maybe. I get a wicked sore back and pain on the left side of my bump and it eases after a bm. Does it feel like it's that unicorn?
I haven't had any growth scans because he was moving too much last time and I don't see them again until 36 weeks. I feel like I really don't have a clue on baby's size although my midwife said he feels average to her which is good I guess. It means I don't really understand much about the different centiles I'm afraid I'm not much help xx

No, it's more like on the outside of my bump Smithy, at first I thought it was the skin stretching but it's deeper than that. Centiles are just a measurement of size for age, so because my little boy was born 6lb8oz, which in itself isn't tiny, but because he was born at 40+3 that put him under the 10th centile so he was classed as below healthy birth weight, hence the growth scans this time! Xx

Oh I see, thanks for explaining unicorn. Feel like I don't have a clue sometimes! Hmmm maybe it is skin and ligaments stretching then from what you described if it's closer to the surface of your bump xx

Been in bed for over an hour & can’t sleep. This baby doesn’t half give me a beating! It’s quite an active baby most the time anyway but I think at night when your trying sleep it feels even stronger! I can only lay on my right side but my god are the movements even more obviously when laying on your side compared to your back!

Anyone else’s bubba keep them awake at night? He/she is obviously just trying to get me prepared for all that broken sleep ah lol

Unicorn I feel the same think I think. It almost feels like bruising on one side of my ribs. I even lookd for bruises on my skin but like you say it feels a bit deeper when I press on it. I've had to stop wearing a bra most of the time as that puts more pressure on it. I think its where baby's bum is and the area is getting quite bruised as he's been in that position a long time now. Last weekend he felt so low I thought he was going to pop out so I wonder if he is engaged. I'm still getting lots of kicks so I'm not worried about movement but I do think he has run out of space for big changes of position. As Smithy says it gets a bit better after a BM so I think that gives him a little bit more space for now.

Linnett, I find that if I wake up in the night I get back to sleep quicker if he is kicking a little bit. Otherwise I panic and start wandering around to try and get some movement which obviously wakes him up and he starts to party!

Bubbles I feel hiccups mostly in my pelvis but sometimes they will feel all over my bump. I don't think baby has changed position though either but I think they can quite easily up to 36 weeks or so. Can you sit on a ball or go swimming with your knee? I've heard they are good ways to get baby into position.

No, it's more like on the outside of my bump Smithy, at first I thought it was the skin stretching but it's deeper than that. Centiles are just a measurement of size for age, so because my little boy was born 6lb8oz, which in itself isn't tiny, but because he was born at 40+3 that put him under the 10th centile so he was classed as below healthy birth weight, hence the growth scans this time! Xx
Ok yeah I get that- especially if baby does arrive early - it’s good that they are monitoring baby with the extra scans and seeing consultant. My smallest was 6.10 and biggest 9.6 so mine don’t really follow a growth pattern as such the other two were 7lbs. I just don’t feel that confident now with the section itself- just seems as if so many things can go wrong I know it’s natural to worry with any birth but when their telling you there’s such a high risk to your own health with heavy bleeding or womb collapsing it’s such a worry woth having other children to think about.

Linnett mine was pretty much the same last night- the last few nights have been sleeping well xx

I’m with you smithy I don’t really understand the centiles.
I had a growth scan 2weeks ago and he was measuring fine and weighing around 4pound 6 then
Yesterday at my midwife appointment she measured me and he’s following his line on the growth chart. She said it feels like he might be back to back with me but there’s still time for him to move before 36wks. So she’ll see where he is in 2weeks, I’ve ordered a ball though anyway to sit on and should help any back pain.
We’re going to discuss the birth on my next appointment too and she’s given me homework to read the back of my notes so I’m familiar with things for the birth haha x

Hope you got a good sleep in the end Linnett.

I have been on ball lots and hadn’t thought about swimming. Good idea! Thanks. Xx

In regards to centiles I see it as if you had 100 women the same gestation as you in a line in order of size the number you are is where you would be in that line. So 50th is average. That’s how it works for baby’s when they are born anyway. However my hospital also does my pregnancy growth scan unique to me so it would be 100 people who are same gestation, who have had babies the same weights as mine previously, same bmi and same weight as that all effects the unborns weight too. I think midwife should really explain it a bit more. I know when I do health visitor clinics at work as long as baby’s are following their centile/line and not gone up or down by two lines than they are doing well. Xx

Who knew it was all so complicated eh? Thanks though bubbles it gives a bit of a clearer picture!

Linnett, mine likes to party at 4am so I can sleep well until then but that's it. Think he is trying to get me used to the late night and early morning feeds haha. Oh dear, just get naps in where you can.

Smcx, I am the same. As it's my first I really didn't have a clue about the whole birth part and been avoiding it. Was great to go through my birth plan (or birth discussion as she likes to call it as she said it never goes to plan lol) yesterday. I love my midwife, she is so reassuring. I also found out I will be on labour ward and monitored throughout as I'm going to be obstetrics led throughout so she said Swiss ball as much as possible before and during is ideal. Got mine out of the garage ready. Also bought my perineal massage oil ready to go... pretty sure I can't reach that area any more but gonna give it a try. Anything to reduce the risk of tearing. Midwife also said swimming reduces the risk of tearing so I will up my swimming. It may not work but worth a try right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back