***June 2019 Mummies***

Unicorn, I've been feeling really awful an emotional recently too. I had thought I had escaped pregnancy hormones as I generally felt better emotionally than before getting pregnant as I didn't have to cope with PMS. The last few days have really affected me, I think it's hormones in combination with work stress.

Last night I cried because I couldn't open the cellophane on a box of chocolates and then when they didn't have the little leaflet that tells you which chocolate is which I went to bed crying I couldn't deal with that level of stress and uncertainty!

Then in the night I apparently punched my poor DH and told him not to breathe on my telescope!! Luckily I didn't hit him hard but I felt so bad about it. He thought it was quite funny though.

It might be the build up of nerves before my scan on Sunday too. Linnett your scan pic looks great, can't wait to see yours too Marvellous!

Oh Abi, I shouldnt laugh but the whole cellophane wrapper and telescope breathing had me in stitches haha. I hope your emotions are a little kinder to you today?

I'm easily tipped over the edge at the min. My fuse is mega short so I'm blowing my top at the littlest of things :/ Today was because I couldn't find my little boys school shoes. He taken them off in the downstairs toilet for some reason. Me searching for them plus running late for school sent me over the edge and into a full on rant about how no one can tidy up after themselves. I felt terrible afterwards as I hate losing my cool at the kids, or when the kids are around. Had to apologise and give him big kisses before sending him into school. He wasn't bothered though, my rant went totally over his head but I felt so guilty.

Yay marvelous, so glad all went well. Yay for team pink! Funny coz my little girl was upside at the 20wk scan too and that resulted in not so great pics.
She was obviously comfy haha she slept the whole time

Congratulations on another team pink marvellous! Girls are catching up a bit on the boys now :) glad all went well!! Xxx

Congratulations Marvellous, great news :D
I'm definitely hormonal but also feeling really uncomfortable the past couple of days and I think I'm just really anxious because we're nearly at the point of hopefully being able to survive pre-term labour but not quite! It's also really upsetting me that hubby and I can't agree on a name, it'd break my heart for her to be born now and not have a name! I feel in limbo at the moment, I don't want to get everything ready incase she comes too early and I have to deal with the heartache of putting everything away again but I don't want to be completely unprepared if she comes soon and does survive and I don't want to wash everything etc too early and feel like I need to do it all again if she comes later! The movement thing is also doing my head in, it's amazing to feel her move, because I didn't get this with my son but with being so early still we don't have a clear pattern to her active times and there are periods where I can't feel her at all, which is an added worry!
Sorry for all the negativity, I'm just not doing too well at the moment xx

Great news Marvellous - so pleased that everything went well and great that your team pink- will it be your first girl?

Unicorn- hope you can try and relax over the weekend - are they giving you regular scans to keep an eye on things. I totally get the name thing though- hopefully your find a name that both love soon - it’s so hard to agree-we were the same xx

Thank you. No, they don't monitor me too closely - there's nothing more they can do to predict our prevent pre-term labour and they don't want to disturb anything so my next appointment is at 26 weeks for the steroids and hopefully after that she will be ok! Have you decided on a name now Caz? Xx

Great news Marvellous - so pleased that everything went well and great that your team pink- will it be your first girl?

Unicorn- hope you can try and relax over the weekend - are they giving you regular scans to keep an eye on things. I totally get the name thing though- hopefully your find a name that both love soon - it’s so hard to agree-we were the same xx
No my 2nd. My eldest is a girl. She is more than happy to get a sister and not another brother lol.

Hi ladies, sorry I haven’t been on in ages, I’ve been so busy, started another job to run along side my current one, in the hope I can save for maternity and a bit for after while I’m at college. Complete change of career after my little man arrives!

Had my 20 week scan Wednesday! He’s wriggling lots now and managed to catch him on video last night!

I’ve had a stinking cold all week, worst day was Tuesday, on the day my daughter happened to be starting her swimming lessons and had to go in with her so that wasn’t great. Had a minging cough and a sore/achy throat, but atleast the sickness has gone.

How everyone else’s cold?

I bet everyone is glad to be approaching the third trimester now?

Unicorn sending hugs and hope baby stays put inside a bit longer atleast, with any luck it’ll be a lot longer!

Does anyone know when you get the matB1 form? I can’t remember from last baby x

Thank you. No, they don't monitor me too closely - there's nothing more they can do to predict our prevent pre-term labour and they don't want to disturb anything so my next appointment is at 26 weeks for the steroids and hopefully after that she will be ok! Have you decided on a name now Caz? Xx
Hopefully she stay put as long as possible- I definitely understand how worried you must be feeling x I could have mine a little early for health reasons but I will be around 36 weeks. I like to see what they look like before I name them but there is a name we both quite like x

I had a look in mothercare yesterday and I do prefer the next to me crib but the snuzpod- already arrived when we got back. Also looked at prams but didnt see anything I like - really don’t want anything to heavy x

No my 2nd. My eldest is a girl. She is more than happy to get a sister and not another brother lol.
Perfect xx

Last edited:
Hope you have had a bit of a better day unicorn. It must be so nerve wrecking counting days till you know it’s ok to give birth. Fingers crossed she stays comfy and in there. I saw a little bit of that documentary with Emma Willis the other day of a lady who had a cervical stitch and was removed at 37 weeks and then she went into labour. Is that a possibility or is it more likely you will be a lot earlier?

My sinus infection has cleared and now my daughter has a uti. We literally have had one person in the house on antibiotics for about two months now- all with different infections! Nightmare.

Chrissy glad your scan went well. And I text my midwife after my scan and she dropped off my matb1 form at surgery. I’ve only just sent it to HR though, think you don’t need to officially notify until 25 weeks- well that’s what it is for county council I work for xx

Congratulations on your scan Chrissi and yeah, my list of appointments says you get the matb1 form at your 25 weeks midwife appointment.
I saw all of that Emma Willis series Bubbles, I really enjoyed it but got very emotional! Yeah, if I get to 37 weeks they'll remove the stitch and say that I'll probably go into labour then, which would be fine as I'd be full term but the concern is going into labour earlier as then the stitch would have to be removed as a matter of urgency or would rip my cervix and obviously there would be more risk the earlier it is. I'm having steroids at 26 weeks, so hopefully if she comes after that her lungs would be developed enough for her to be ok, so we're nearly into the 4 week count down! I think then I'll start to get everything ready and wash the prem clothes at least, so I'll feel ready in case she does decide to make an early appearance xx

Sounds like you are very organised unicorn, and will keep everything crossed for you.

Omg! Just seen there is an August mummy group. I always get excited when new months join, as that means we will soon be moving out... into tri 3! Where has the time gone?! I better start actually getting organised and buying some stuff. Xx

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw a November Mummies group! Xx

Hopefully she stay put as long as possible- I definitely understand how worried you must be feeling x I could have mine a little early for health reasons but I will be around 36 weeks. I like to see what they look like before I name them but there is a name we both quite like x

I had a look in mothercare yesterday and I do prefer the next to me crib but the snuzpod- already arrived when we got back. Also looked at prams but didnt see anything I like - really don’t want anything to heavy x

Perfect xx

Did your other child(ren) come early Caz? Did they need much help and / or were they really small? Xx

Right ladies not sure if I’m being hormonal or just a dick.. hubby went out last night for his cousins 30th. He didn’t know where they were going, whether he’d be staying at his cousins or a hotel depending on where they ended up. I left with the kids at 5.30 to go for a family meal & that was the last time we spoke. He hasn’t messaged once! He hardly ever goes out, neither of us do now (I’m talking prior pregnancy for me) but when he does I atleast get the odd update but this time literally nothing! I didn’t message him as it was 11 when we’d got home & me & kids got straight into bed & I almost thought well if he wants to message he will so no point me texting him. I woke a couple times in the night to check my phone ! I’m also a little more concerned as his cousin has a new 23 year old girlfriend who I haven’t met but I can’t help but wonder how many other 23 year olds might have been out also... I don’t know who he was with, where he went, where he slept... so yes my question is am I just being an idiot or would this annoy you ladies also ?

Yeah I'd be annoyed aswell. Even if he just texted to say at this person's house, or at hotel. Night love you type of thing. Just so you know he's ok, as us ladies worry. Even more so when hormonal.

My fella used to be the same except he'd get blind drunk, raid the fridge and fall asleep on kitchen floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back