***June 2019 Mummies***

I hope so Marvellous, although it takes us hours to get out of the house now and we're late for everything so perhaps we'll just have to stay in the house when the baby is born ;)
That sounds difficult Caz, how do you think your girls will manage with the change? Xx

I think there find it hard while I’m in hospital but once I’m home hopefully there settle down - I’m more worried about my youngest as she’s so clingy.

I’m hoping to do something nice with them before baby arrives and we probably get them a present from baby etc x

I hope so Marvellous, although it takes us hours to get out of the house now and we're late for everything so perhaps we'll just have to stay in the house when the baby is born ;)
That sounds difficult Caz, how do you think your girls will manage with the change? Xx
How old is your little one- I’m sure your be fine x

He's 2 and a half and very much looking forward to the baby coming (although he was initially very much disappointed that she's a girl!) he's always kissing and cuddling my tummy and bringing soft toys etc to the baby and he's quite independent and happy playing on his own, so I'm more worried about how I'm going to cope than him really, with the lack of sleep, guilt at not being able to give both of them enough attention etc xx

His probably going love being a big brother and be really helpful- it’s good that’s already starting to understand the change- if you don’t have nursery runs in the morning that will make things easier. I always felt guilty for my youngest but once baby is here - you do find the time for them both and sleep does get easier x

That's good to hear, thank you. I'm also not looking forward to the additional worry - our little boy hasn't slept properly for a few nights now due to his cold and cough so he's exhausted and went down without a peep tonight and we haven't heard a thing from him! So I just found myself listening outside his door to make sure I could hear him breathing and thought - ah yes, I remember this! Praying that they would sleep longer but when they do being awake worrying about them anyway! :roll::D xx

I'm bad enough checking the cat is still breathing! I don't know what I'll be like with a baby!

Oh my unicorn I forgot about that! I remember the first night my youngest slept through. I've never bolted to the cot so fast in my life! Haha.

I was worried about the school run, but I think if i I'm honest I'm more worried about having to share myself between my youngest abd baby. I've said to my fella we need to be able to figure 1 on 1 time with him. So every sat one of us stays home with baby and the other takes H out for a few hours for quality 1 on 1 time. I so worried that hell feel pushed out as getting into a routine can take time sometimes. My eldest will be oblivious as he's 16 in March and pretty much is home to feed and sleep that's it lol

Also, anyone else's baby decided middle of the night is a great time to wake up and have a kick about? Or is that a sign that I'm gonna have a night owl! Lol

Also, anyone else's baby decided middle of the night is a great time to wake up and have a kick about? Or is that a sign that I'm gonna have a night owl! Lol
My eldest used to wake me up at 3am on the dot every night from 26 weeks onwards... everyone said shel be a night owl and shel be born at 3am.... she was born at 3...... pm lol and she's far from a night owl. Thing babies just like to have a rave in the middle of a night and not invite us mum's

I have no idea what time she's waking me, I darent look at the time lol. But it's some time after 2am. My little one woke me last night and it was 2.05am. I fell back to sleep and she woke me a while after that, tag teaming already haha

I was feeling so left out earlier but I have FINALLY felt the baby kick. I'm still not feeling much, probably because of the anterior placenta but I felt what was almost certainly kicks on my right hand side. I've just had a big meal so I'm still half convinced it's indigestion but I'm going to be positive. It's about time too!

I was feeling so left out earlier but I have FINALLY felt the baby kick. I'm still not feeling much, probably because of the anterior placenta but I felt what was almost certainly kicks on my right hand side. I've just had a big meal so I'm still half convinced it's indigestion but I'm going to be positive. It's about time too!
Yay for baby kicks :happydance:

Just had my mw heard HB again. Baby didn't wanna play ball and was hiding lol.
Discussed my consultant, she wasn't impressed with him at all. Dreading my 20 week.scan next week because of him.
She mentioned about something called PAPP-A, a high result and a link to small babies. I'm pretty sure she's barking up the wrong tree as im sure its low result and the connection.

Went to look at pushchairs and wraps today. I think I'm on love lol

Yay, Abi... Movement will only get more obvious and stronger from now on :)

Marvelous, when is your 20wk scan? Hopefully the consultant is on the ball this time. Yay for pram/sling shopping.

How many clementines is too many? I've had 4 today and realllly want another one, or two lol haha

Yay, Abi... Movement will only get more obvious and stronger from now on :)

Marvelous, when is your 20wk scan? Hopefully the consultant is on the ball this time. Yay for pram/sling shopping.

How many clementines is too many? I've had 4 today and realllly want another one, or two lol haha
8th so next Friday. I wish I could say I'm excited. Just dreading seeing the consultant again. Hopefully be the last time we see him.

I used to go mad for plums. Could ear a whole punnet... mmmm hungry now lol

Yay for movement Abi! :) it’s lovelt to feel them.

Not long till scan then marvellous. Try and not worry about consultant and think about seeing those little cute feet and hands- that’s my favourite bit about 20 week scan.

So stupid question but I’m wearing a tubular bandage for support on knee but it is very tight and I’m now panicking about blood clots. We seen nore susceptible to them when pregnant aren’t we? And I can’t walk more than to kitchen and back so not moving far. Xx

Woooo fab news Abi!! I’m still getting like little vibrations, not every day though. And sometimes I get like what feels like I’m being pushed at from inside!

One thing I love is a few of my clients have been saying how pregnant I look compared to others they know who are pregnant, it gives me a little boost haha.
I feel like in the last 2 weeks from the moment I wake up now I’m as big as what I used to be by the evening so bumps definitely growing!

I have 11 weeks left in work til I finish for maternity, scary as I’ve been booking clients in today and some only have 2 appointments left til I finish!! It’ll soon be here!!

Awww yay Abi, glad you felt the movement at last! You will feel it more and more I'm sure.
I dunno how you ladies do it, amazed how fab you are with more than one. As he's my first I keep worrying about the change between me and my partner. I'm excited of course but want him to see me as his lover still as well as mother to his child. I get nervous we will be so busy with the baby we won't have time for each other. Hoping to go on a Babymoon or something beforehand.
My mum casually dropped in yesterday that she had all 4 of her children early at 35 and 36 weeks. Hadn't prepared myself mentally for that eventuality. Freaked me out a bit. I know everyone's different but I always thought I would be late with my first but there's always a chance baby could come early and it sort of hit home to me.

Morning ladies,

Quick question. Is anyone else getting pinching, like a nerve being pinched, in their groin? It just comes on our of no where and pinches, feels like a nerve is having a spasms. So painful, I was rocking on my hands and knees last night just coz it eased it a little :(

Awww yay Abi, glad you felt the movement at last! You will feel it more and more I'm sure.
I dunno how you ladies do it, amazed how fab you are with more than one. As he's my first I keep worrying about the change between me and my partner. I'm excited of course but want him to see me as his lover still as well as mother to his child. I get nervous we will be so busy with the baby we won't have time for each other. Hoping to go on a Babymoon or something beforehand.
My mum casually dropped in yesterday that she had all 4 of her children early at 35 and 36 weeks. Hadn't prepared myself mentally for that eventuality. Freaked me out a bit. I know everyone's different but I always thought I would be late with my first but there's always a chance baby could come early and it sort of hit home to me.

I’m going to be honest the first few months are tough as new parents ! There’s no illusion lol. The first couple weeks your in this little baby bubble where all you both do is stare at this beautiful baby that you created. More often than not the partner / husband stays with you in those weeks & helps as much as possible & then he goes back to work & your left alone & the bubble pops lol. The funny thing is before baby comes, like you say your more worried about how baby will effect you two as a couple but once baby arrives your main priority isn’t your partner anymore. Everything becomes about baby. You don’t intentionally push your partner away but as a new mum you have this overwhelming urge to keep that baby safe & happy so naturally your partner gets pushed to the back of the queue which I think a lot of men struggle with.

I found my first the hardest to adjust to as it’s a complete life change. It’s something you’ve never done before. Don’t get me wrong it’s amazing but it’s just different I guess & it is hard to find time just for you two in those first few months but as baby gets bigger & less dependant you’ll both find you can spend time together again. It depends on a number of things really - how many babysitters you have? if you even feel happy leaving baby with anyone else? If you breastfeed thst may determine how long you can be away for. And then you think you want time just you two & the whole time your away you just miss the baby & want to be back with them lol.

Nothing can prepare anyone/couple for their first child & even though there may be tough times you wouldn’t change it for the world. Just enjoy every moment. Mine are 8 & 4 and you spend loads of time wishing time away when they are babies, wishing the colic would end, wishing they could feed themselves for just 5 minutes, wishing you could enjoy a bath longer than 10 minutes, wishing you could just “pop out” like you used to without it taking half hour to just get out the house etc.. but now I find myself looking back at old pictures / videos wishing they were small again lol. Hence why we’re having a third I guess!

You’ll be fine though. You’ll have good & bad days but as a couple you’ll find your feet & it’ll work & before you know it you’ll be 11 years down the line with 2 more :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back