** January 2020 Mummies **

Christmas trees up, all pressies bought and wrapped, hospital bag packed, nursery all finished and all her new stuff washed and put away I’m feeling relaxed and ready for her! Start my maternity leave next week at 34 weeks I have enough lieu time and holidays to get full pay up to 40 weeks so officially maternity leave doesn’t start til 6th jan but feeling more tired so glad I made the decision to leave early the cold dark mornings aren’t making it easier to get up! Scan on Wednesday to see if she is still breech and see consultant on Thursday so hopefully some sort of decision regarding going full term or 37 weeks might be made!

@Kitana sorry you’ve had such a bad year your little bubba will make it all worth it in 2020!

@Lollypop79 my iron was borderline I’m trying to increase greens, red meat etc in diet

@DeniceF all sounded good fingers crossed you get the home birth you want xx
Wow, well done, that is really impressive and must feel so nice to have everything sorted out already! And the nursery looks beautiful! I am also going for white & gray with some accents of blue-green in my colors :)

All seems so scary now it's my last week at work this week xx

All seems so scary now it's my last week at work this week xx
I wish it was my last week at work! I was planning on working until December 20th (because I have the flexibility to work from home a lot) but that seems too far at the moment.... had a bit of a rough night. I had a small dinner but somehow felt so full that I was really suffering and was worried I would vomit. So had to try and sleep so raised up, I was practically sitting in bed. Then baby was having his peak of activity at 4am and aiming straight at my ribs :eh: After 20min of waiting then trying different positions, I finally got more comfortable only to realize that I can't sleep because I'm starving :rotfl: I had a healthy snack, went back to bed and finally fell asleep again around 5:30am but it was pretty shallow sleep afterwards and now I'm quite tired...
Also my feet get swollen once in a while but it's not so bad but my hands are swollen every morning and finger joints hurt quite a bit as a result. Suddenly I feel like all these normal pregnancy issues piled on me all at once!

I hope you ladies are doing better!

I wish it was my last week at work! I was planning on working until December 20th (because I have the flexibility to work from home a lot) but that seems too far at the moment.... had a bit of a rough night. I had a small dinner but somehow felt so full that I was really suffering and was worried I would vomit. So had to try and sleep so raised up, I was practically sitting in bed. Then baby was having his peak of activity at 4am and aiming straight at my ribs :eh: After 20min of waiting then trying different positions, I finally got more comfortable only to realize that I can't sleep because I'm starving :rotfl: I had a healthy snack, went back to bed and finally fell asleep again around 5:30am but it was pretty shallow sleep afterwards and now I'm quite tired...
Also my feet get swollen once in a while but it's not so bad but my hands are swollen every morning and finger joints hurt quite a bit as a result. Suddenly I feel like all these normal pregnancy issues piled on me all at once!

I hope you ladies are doing better!
I feel exactly the same and my emotions are all over the place crying and not getting things right and feeling like everything is piling on top of me I just feel so drained its unreal. My leg bum and lower back are hurting too. I just seem to feel like it's all to much atm the change and what I'm going to have to go through and I'm scared aswell. Xx

Maternity leave started today!! So ready for the rest it doesn’t officially start till 6th jan as I’m using lieu hours and annual leave until then. I’m full of streaming cold and hacking cough at the moment so defo ready for it. Batch cooked a load of meals for the freezer as well so feeling prepared.
Had growth scan on Wednesday and she is measuring within the normal range but small compared to previous scans so gone from 52nd percentile, to 41st percentile to 27th percentile. She weighs 4lb 12oz at the moment. They are not overly concerned but want weekly monitoring and brought next scan forward to 36 weeks from 37 weeks. If she hasn’t caught up she may be better off out than in see consultant on 12th Dec and they are making the decision then! So potentially only two weeks left which is a scary thought! Whatever they recommend she has moved and no longer breech but now transverse so lying across if she isn’t in position by 36 weeks scan it won’t be induction it will be a c section. Bit confused about it all and not really sure how I feel just wish it was straightforward but never seems to be the case xx

Last edited:
Maternity leave started today!! So ready for the rest it doesn’t officially start till 6th jan as I’m using lieu hours and annual leave until then. I’m full of streaming cold and hacking cough at the moment so defo ready for it. Batch cooked a load of meals for the freezer as well so feeling prepared.
Had growth scan on Wednesday and she is measuring within the normal range but small compared to previous scans so gone from 52nd percentile, to 41st percentile to 27th percentile. She weighs 4lb 12oz at the moment. They are not overly concerned but want weekly monitoring and brought next scan forward to 36 weeks from 37 weeks. If she hasn’t caught up she may be better off out than in see consultant on 12th Dec and they are making the decision then! So potentially only two weeks left which is a scary thought! Whatever they recommend she has moved and no longer breech but now transverse so lying across if she isn’t in position by 36 weeks scan it won’t be induction it will be a c section. Bit confused about it all and not really sure how I feel just wish it was straightforward but never seems to be the case xx

Oh wow, so you could possibly have your little girl before Christmas already. That's a scary thought.
My baby has always been below the 50% centile and nobody is concerned about it. I've got a scan on the 10th and then will find out what's next. Been on rest since weeks now and so bored.
Woke up this morning with such a burst of energy, I had the kitchen done and washing laid together before I even had to get little one ready for school... extreme heavy pressure down below though. Seeing my midwife on monday and will have to talk to her as I'm a little concerned that baby moved even further into the pelvis now ... still got 5 and a bit weeks left till dd

Oh wow, so you could possibly have your little girl before Christmas already. That's a scary thought.
My baby has always been below the 50% centile and nobody is concerned about it. I've got a scan on the 10th and then will find out what's next. Been on rest since weeks now and so bored.
Woke up this morning with such a burst of energy, I had the kitchen done and washing laid together before I even had to get little one ready for school... extreme heavy pressure down below though. Seeing my midwife on monday and will have to talk to her as I'm a little concerned that baby moved even further into the pelvis now ... still got 5 and a bit weeks left till dd

Have you got your hospital bag sorted already? I really have to get a move on with mine but mind has gone totally blank what I need to pack :eh:

They are not overly concerned she is just not following the curve on the graph and if drops below line might be better for her to be out than in its madness really I’m all ready though hospital bag packed for us both but husband not home til 12th which is when they will make a decision so hope there is no delays on his flights home! The sonographer really struggled to get measurements as she was laid funny so could just be slightly out the measurements but I did start to panic when said two weeks time they will make a decision Xx 4ECBA8F4-DC79-40AB-8C89-E37BFDE78904.jpeg

Oh wow @Outofsync! I hope that, whatever the outcome, that she is born healthy! So crazy to think that it might be in 2 weeks!!

@vampysgirl you're just like me! I know I need to make mine but I have trouble getting started! I know what I should pack but my suitcase is standing there... empty!

I have been at home since the beginning of May and know how you ladies feel. When you're not occupied, the days crawl by so slowly.

On a sadder note, my dd was once again in the hospital due to a respiratory virus.
She was sleeping quite badly since last Saturday, checked her for fever but it was never very high, so I though she was getting the flu. She was pretty normal during the day so wasn't too worried. Then on Tuesday, after she came back from the childminder's, she looked so fatigued and was so quiet... then 2 hours later, she deteriorated so quickly we went to the GP who sent us to the hospital straight away. Anyways, we're back home after 4 days and I am dead tired.
This is by far the most challenging pregnancy ever!

Oh wow @Outofsync! I hope that, whatever the outcome, that she is born healthy! So crazy to think that it might be in 2 weeks!!

@vampysgirl you're just like me! I know I need to make mine but I have trouble getting started! I know what I should pack but my suitcase is standing there... empty!

I have been at home since the beginning of May and know how you ladies feel. When you're not occupied, the days crawl by so slowly.

On a sadder note, my dd was once again in the hospital due to a respiratory virus.
She was sleeping quite badly since last Saturday, checked her for fever but it was never very high, so I though she was getting the flu. She was pretty normal during the day so wasn't too worried. Then on Tuesday, after she came back from the childminder's, she looked so fatigued and was so quiet... then 2 hours later, she deteriorated so quickly we went to the GP who sent us to the hospital straight away. Anyways, we're back home after 4 days and I am dead tired.
This is by far the most challenging pregnancy ever!

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear your DD had a visit to hospital again.
This time of year really doesn't help with all them cold and flu's flying about. Doesn't help that her immune system is affected, probably from the last stint.
Really hope she's on the mend again. U can only imagine the extra strain you have just now @Kitana

I've got my dad here redecorating our home at the moment. Obviously decided to leave that proper last minute, like everything else this time Haha
Or maybe I was just oblivious how much time we actually have left Haha

@Kitana aw bless you. Your poor little girl isn’t having much luck with her health. Hope she gets better soon.

I’ve not packed my bag either. Think I’ve got everything I need just not put it together yet. I got really excited when I bought the breast and maternity pads. Made it all seem even more real lol x x

Oh @Kitana sorry to hear your DD was in hospital, I can only imagine how difficult that must be! I hope she is recovering quickly now and you get some proper rest!

I also need to pack my hospital bag! Even hoping for a home birth, I need to have all that ready in case baby comes early or we need to switch over to the hospital at any point during labor or even after.

OH and I had a mini babymoon - stayed at a very nice resort for 1 night this weekend and that was great, to enjoy some time together. Then we went shopping for car seat and pacifiers and baby tub, the last few things we still needed. So that made me feel much better, to have these sorted out and now I guess time for the hospital bag this week :)

I've been having harder time getting proper sleep at night because baby is so active and I still get many Braxton Hicks contractions during the night... I think I will try and have a nap when I have a chance these days.

@Outofsync, I'm keeping fingers crossed for your Dec 12th, that your OH gets in on time and the doctors make the best decision for you and baby.

@vampysgirl, that sounds pretty intense with the baby being so low already. Hopefully the midwife will have some tips for you!

Kitana hows your DD now x
She's much better, thank you for asking!
She has to puff her inhaler twice a day to protect her lungs against viruses. I don't know if it really works but hope she doesn't get sick again when the baby gets here!

I'm 35 weeks today! Where did the time go??? My DD came at 36 weeks but I really hope this one comes nearer to her due date!
I've made my hospital bag, finally! But have yet to add my bikini. Coming Tuesday we will be going to the spa just the OH and I. I can't wait to relax and just float around in the heated pool!

I've been having excruciating pains under my belly button, the pains feel like appendicitis. It was so bad a few days ago I couldn't walk or talk. Apparently I have a pinched nerve which radiates towards the front of the belly. I feel it constantly like a dull pain now with extreme peaks when I do too much. The problem is the oh is not very helpful at all around the house and I still have to take care of my DD as well. I feel so drained all the time due to the pain.
Not long to go now!

How have you ladies been?x

@Kitana aw bless you. Let’s hope he bucks up and starts helping you. All good here. I was in the maternity assessment unit this afternoon due to reduced movements. All day I’ve had no movements. Tried ice cold drinks, chocolate. All sorts to get her moving. Go into get assessed. Put in monitor and she moves like loads of times. I burst in to tears through relief but also feeling stupid. They like to make a fool of you lol. All ok though. Really healthy happy baby so i’m not complaining x

@Kitana aw bless you. Let’s hope he bucks up and starts helping you. All good here. I was in the maternity assessment unit this afternoon due to reduced movements. All day I’ve had no movements. Tried ice cold drinks, chocolate. All sorts to get her moving. Go into get assessed. Put in monitor and she moves like loads of times. I burst in to tears through relief but also feeling stupid. They like to make a fool of you lol. All ok though. Really healthy happy baby so i’m not complaining x
That's really terrifying! I can understand the worry! I have had a day like that where she was so quiet in there, I tried drinking lots of cold water, fizzy drinks, eating sweets but nothing, until I was about to call the midwife. Typical!
The girlfriend of a friend recently lost their baby at 33 weeks, so it's never a reason to feel silly if you have the baby checked out just in case. It's better to go in one time too many than one time too few.x

Hello ladies! @Kitana aww, have you told your OH that you need him to step in a bit more? I found that mine is much more cooperative when I directly tell him "I need you to do XYZ, it's too much for me", otherwise he won't do it by himself :)

@Lollypop79 It's good that you had it checked out, I totally understand how you must have felt! I've had a few times when baby was suddenly still for awhile and I would try to get a kick and freak out when he didn't react. I eventually got a reaction back but I would have also gone to hospital if he took too long.

My friends organized a surprise baby shower/party for me and OH yesterday and it was sooo much fun. I liked that it was not women only and there were our couple friends and kids and fun games and lots of yummy food, I was so impressed of how they had thought of everything! We got gifts too! And it all remained me of these beautiful people I have in my life and made me feel loved and supported and even more ready for baby <3

Our house is a bit of a mess with baby stuff laying around and my hospital bag is only halfway packed but I plan to sort these out this week as I will be still working but only from home.

One last thing I was thinking of buying is a fancy breast pump. A friend of mine swears by it - its $499 but it's super quiet and hands free and small. It's kinda shaped like a bra cup so you can put it in your bra and do normal daily activities like cooking or even shopping in public (yes it's that silent).Since this is my first pregnancy, I am not sure how much I would need a breast pump but then the easier and more comfortable it is to use, the more likely that I will use it... have any of you had experiences/tips you can share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back