** January 2020 Mummies **

Hi Ladies, I hope everything is going well.
I am just wondering when is everyone starting to pack their hospital bag xx

I’m planning on what to pack in next day or 2 and plan to have it done for between 30-32 weeks. X

I will start this weekend as well, I hope I won't need it that early but never hurts to be prepared! And you?x

How is everyone doing? Been bit quiet on here as I keep getting pop ups and it’s making the site unusable lol. Seems ok at the mo though. things going good here. Doing sorting and organising more stuff in nursery. I keep rearranging how I have the drawers lol.
My 28 week bloods came back and i’m borderline anaemic so they suggested increasing iron rich foods and take spatone which is a liquid iron supplement, get retested in 2 weeks and of levels have dropped I take iron tablets. I really don’t want the tablets as i’m already having constipation problems. X

How is everyone doing? Been bit quiet on here as I keep getting pop ups and it’s making the site unusable lol. Seems ok at the mo though. things going good here. Doing sorting and organising more stuff in nursery. I keep rearranging how I have the drawers lol.
My 28 week bloods came back and i’m borderline anaemic so they suggested increasing iron rich foods and take spatone which is a liquid iron supplement, get retested in 2 weeks and of levels have dropped I take iron tablets. I really don’t want the tablets as i’m already having constipation problems. X

My recent bloods came back borderline anemia and I'm taking iron tablets now.. so far, no constipation though, thank god.

I'm decorating the home at the moment, should be finished by next weekend. Moses basket is arriving tomorrow after leaving everything very last minute this time. Probably because it's just going way too fast.

Got a scan in 2 days and can't wait. Hopefully they tell me, I can stop resting and get back to normal, well as normal as you can be at 32 weeks haha

I had the same with my blood tests at 24 weeks. But the midwife I've been seeing is into natural things so she recommended I eat lots of dragon fruit and beats and have green vegetables with a squeeze of lemon for better absorption of the iron. They will re-test this week and I hope all good!

I've also been organizing the nursery this weekend. My OH's cousin had her baby boy in March this year so she sent us a parcel of the clothes he has outgrown by now - it was a HUGE a pile! Just the newborn to 3months size, there are over 20 onesies, 20 pants and shirts... It took me hours to arrange everything by type and size. But I had so much fun, folding all the tiny clothes it felt like cuteness overload!

OH and I also put together our baby changing table from IKEA and that was fun too :) we still need to move some furniture around and need to repaint an old wardrobe but I can see it coming together.

I have my 32 weeks checkup on Thursday, I'll probably get to packing hospital bag some time next week.

I hope you are all doing well!

Wow you ladies are getting things done! The only thing I have done is washing some old clothes from my DD, I still need to get some winter gear for her though.

@Lollypop79 I often take chewable iron tablets, not everyday but once every 2 or 3 days. I have not been constipated as of yet, so don't know if the iron really backs you up.
They saw that my vitamin D was quite low and was taking extra vitamin D3 but I checked the bottle after coming home and it was already expired for well over a year! So have been taking them for nothing lol

I have my scan tomorrow and have been really good with not snacking but this weekend we went to an all-you-can-eat with some friends and had seriously exaggerated! I felt so swollen in my hands and legs the next day, so scared that my sugar has gone crazy and that it will show in my urine tomorrow!

I have had some bad news again though, the cat our family has had for 17 years will have to be put to sleep tonight, another family member taken away. This is by far the saddest year I have ever had. First the miscarriage, then losing my grandmother, then my OH's grandmother and now our family cat... I want it to stop! I have never cried so much in my life!:(

Wow you ladies are getting things done! The only thing I have done is washing some old clothes from my DD, I still need to get some winter gear for her though.

@Lollypop79 I often take chewable iron tablets, not everyday but once every 2 or 3 days. I have not been constipated as of yet, so don't know if the iron really backs you up.
They saw that my vitamin D was quite low and was taking extra vitamin D3 but I checked the bottle after coming home and it was already expired for well over a year! So have been taking them for nothing lol

I have my scan tomorrow and have been really good with not snacking but this weekend we went to an all-you-can-eat with some friends and had seriously exaggerated! I felt so swollen in my hands and legs the next day, so scared that my sugar has gone crazy and that it will show in my urine tomorrow!

I have had some bad news again though, the cat our family has had for 17 years will have to be put to sleep tonight, another family member taken away. This is by far the saddest year I have ever had. First the miscarriage, then losing my grandmother, then my OH's grandmother and now our family cat... I want it to stop! I have never cried so much in my life!:(
On bless you kitana I am so so sorry for your loss. All your losses. It is true that time is a great healer. I lost my grandma and Nanna within the space of a couple months a few years ago so I know how you are feeling somewhat. Losing a loved family pet especially after so long is just like losing a family member. I’m so sorry. Take your time and try and look after yourself. Don’t feel bad for grieving. It takes time xx

I will start this weekend as well, I hope I won't need it that early but never hurts to be prepared! And you?x
I am not sure I will be 34 weeks monday and havent started yet. X

Thank you @Lollypop79, had a good cry with my brother yesterday and am feeling a lot better.:hug:

I had my 32 week scan today and all is well, the baby is still facing my back with her head down so still haven't seen her tiny face! My belly seems to have popped, it's looking so round and big now! The midwife measured it at 34 weeks which has me wondering how accurate it really is and why they still do it. The scan showed no excessive amniotic fluid and the baby was right on target length-wise, so am not too worried.

When are your next scans ladies?x

I am not sure I will be 34 weeks monday and havent started yet. X
I haven't either! But I still have to find my DD's first rompers! I wish I had written it on the boxes! But I have to go get some new ones anyways since they are all short sleeved.x
34 weeks is really not that long anymore!! Scary!!x

Thank you @Lollypop79, had a good cry with my brother yesterday and am feeling a lot better.:hug:

I had my 32 week scan today and all is well, the baby is still facing my back with her head down so still haven't seen her tiny face! My belly seems to have popped, it's looking so round and big now! The midwife measured it at 34 weeks which has me wondering how accurate it really is and why they still do it. The scan showed no excessive amniotic fluid and the baby was right on target length-wise, so am not too worried.

When are your next scans ladies?x
Aww scan sounds great. I don’t see how measuring can be active. I would probs measure ahead as i’m overweight anyway. Next scan is 11th December. I’m counting down the days but have to say it’s going quite quickly now xx

I haven't either! But I still have to find my DD's first rompers! I wish I had written it on the boxes! But I have to go get some new ones anyways since they are all short sleeved.x
34 weeks is really not that long anymore!! Scary!!x
Haha how cute bless. Yeah get some long sleeves as it's getting colder and colder each day. No it really isnt Kitana it has flown by. X

Hi ladies,
I had my check-up today - no scan as the midwife was confident she could feel the baby's position with palpation -> his head is down and his body is slightly more on the left of my bump with his feet to the right. So same position as he was 4 weeks ago and it's a good one. My fundal height was right on spot for 32 weeks too and my bloodwork came all within normal range, yay! I am so happy everything is looking good as I would love to do a home birth. Of course, still a while to go until then but at least everything is good for now :)

I am really looking forward to finishing up work and going on maternity leave so I'm glad these last few weeks have been going by so fast and I hope the next few will go even faster! Can't wait for the holidays and the baby!

@Kitana - you have a great reason now to buy some new baby clothes! That's must be one of the most fun & cute things to do.

@Lollypop79 - maybe try fresh beetroot juice and/or dragonfruit in addition to what you got recommended, these seemed to have worked well for me. Their overall iron content isn't anywhere near what you get in a tablet but absorption is so much better and you get tons of other vitamins along with it (and both are really helpful with preventing constipation). I wasn't taking any extra iron tables other than my usual prenatal supplement and the fruit & veg were enough to push my hemoglobin into normal range.

Christmas trees up, all pressies bought and wrapped, hospital bag packed, nursery all finished and all her new stuff washed and put away I’m feeling relaxed and ready for her! Start my maternity leave next week at 34 weeks I have enough lieu time and holidays to get full pay up to 40 weeks so officially maternity leave doesn’t start til 6th jan but feeling more tired so glad I made the decision to leave early the cold dark mornings aren’t making it easier to get up! Scan on Wednesday to see if she is still breech and see consultant on Thursday so hopefully some sort of decision regarding going full term or 37 weeks might be made!

@Kitana sorry you’ve had such a bad year your little bubba will make it all worth it in 2020!

@Lollypop79 my iron was borderline I’m trying to increase greens, red meat etc in diet

@DeniceF all sounded good fingers crossed you get the home birth you want xx

Oh I love the nursery colours! I'm a sucker for pink, greys and whites. I constantly dress DD in those colours! Haha!

How nice that you finally have maternity leave soon @Outofsync! You look lovely! I hope she gets here earlier so your oh can enjoy some daddy-daughter time before he leaves!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back