** January 2020 Mummies **

Well after today's scan, looks like my baby has a surprise up its sleeve.
All measurements were absolutely fine. Weighing around 2lb10oz and 95% sure it's actually a GIRL and not a boy. He tried his hardest but just couldn't find any indication for a boy at all.
Will have another scan on the 19th of November because it's laying so low though. Just to keep an eye on things.
This Is crazy. im convinced when I give birth a boy will pop out and not a girl like they said lol. X

I just had my monthly check-up today and got a glimpse at baby - he was being so cute, with his little hand right next to his head. Couldn't get a nice view of his profile because he was facing towards my back but got a perfect view of his fist and tiny fingers.

The midwife said he was in a great position - head low (but not too low), facing towards my spine. Now I just hope he stays in that position!

Also, I have started having Braxton Hicks contractions - I didn't even realize that I was having them until I read about them again in a pregnancy book. They are completely painless, don't even feel like cramps, I just feel my uterus turn hard and more pronounced in my belly, then it relaxes again a minute later. The midwife was also excited to hear about that, said it's a good thing...

How are you ladies feeling now in the 3rd trimester?

I've had some tightening in my lower belly, are those Braxton Hicks too @DeniceF? Good thing the baby is already in the right position!
My baby girl is also downwards with her face towards my spine but I think she has changed her position a bit, I got very uncomfortable recently, very tight belly, felt like she was running out of space or something. Am excited for my next scan on the 4th!
My glucose still hasn't spiked and am watching less and less what I eat. I eat healthily anyways, but have been getting bad hunger pangs recently, I even woke up twice this night because of hunger. I think I need to eat a bit more.

I got my Triaxis shot today and have my flu shot planned for the end of November.

Sadly my oh's grandmother has passed away yesterday and are planning yet another funeral in 2 months... I really hate 2019! I lost my baby at 12 weeks, then DD landed in hospital for a week, then my grandmother passed away, then again DD in hospital, then the oh's grandmother in the hospital and passing away, and that is not even half of it! The building of our house is slowed and is costing us more than forseen, the stupid glucose test... I wish it would stop now... :(

I've had some tightening in my lower belly, are those Braxton Hicks too @DeniceF? Good thing the baby is already in the right position!
My baby girl is also downwards with her face towards my spine but I think she has changed her position a bit, I got very uncomfortable recently, very tight belly, felt like she was running out of space or something. Am excited for my next scan on the 4th!
My glucose still hasn't spiked and am watching less and less what I eat. I eat healthily anyways, but have been getting bad hunger pangs recently, I even woke up twice this night because of hunger. I think I need to eat a bit more.

I got my Triaxis shot today and have my flu shot planned for the end of November.

Sadly my oh's grandmother has passed away yesterday and are planning yet another funeral in 2 months... I really hate 2019! I lost my baby at 12 weeks, then DD landed in hospital for a week, then my grandmother passed away, then again DD in hospital, then the oh's grandmother in the hospital and passing away, and that is not even half of it! The building of our house is slowed and is costing us more than forseen, the stupid glucose test... I wish it would stop now... :(
Aw i’m so sorry, you really are having a rough time this year. Just take care of yourself and try to relax. Sending lots of love xx

Yes, that tightening and then relaxing, that's the Braxton Hicks.
Oh, you've really had lots of challenges to deal with this year! If it's tough now, it can only get better, hang in there! It's only two months left and then new baby and new year and a new beginning for all of us.

Thank you ladies!:hug:

We still don't have a name though! It's so difficult!

Have all of you decided yet?x

Thank you ladies!:hug:

We still don't have a name though! It's so difficult!

Have all of you decided yet?x

I think we've also settled on "Neil" but won't really know for certain until he's here and we look at him :)

How is everyone doing?

I got really spoiled for my birthday yesterday and little baby was super active all day too.
My sister felt it kick properly for the first time yesterday too and she literally squealed in excitement.

How is everyone doing?

I got really spoiled for my birthday yesterday and little baby was super active all day too.
My sister felt it kick properly for the first time yesterday too and she literally squealed in excitement.
Belated happy birthday!!
How nice that the baby decided to kick when your sister was feeling your belly. Mine never does that! She always stops kicking as soon as I try to make someone feel the kicks.

We had the funeral of the oh's grandmother today. I didn't even shed a tear, I've already cried so much with the miscarriage and my grandmother's passing that I just have no tears left to cry.
Tomorrow's the next appointment with the diabetic nurse to show my blood tests but nothing out of the ordinary since the GTT in september. I did stop snacking and have not gained a lbs in 4 weeks. The oh said I have lost weight and am a bit worried about the baby. I hope she gets all she needs.x

Belated happy birthday!!
How nice that the baby decided to kick when your sister was feeling your belly. Mine never does that! She always stops kicking as soon as I try to make someone feel the kicks.

We had the funeral of the oh's grandmother today. I didn't even shed a tear, I've already cried so much with the miscarriage and my grandmother's passing that I just have no tears left to cry.
Tomorrow's the next appointment with the diabetic nurse to show my blood tests but nothing out of the ordinary since the GTT in september. I did stop snacking and have not gained a lbs in 4 weeks. The oh said I have lost weight and am a bit worried about the baby. I hope she gets all she needs.x

Thank you so much.
Sorry to hear you had another funeral. It must be hard going through it again. :sad:

How did the appointment with diabetic nurse go? Still can't believe they keep making you test every day, where clearly you're totally fine.
Good on not putting weight on, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Some people are actually lucky for the whole pregnancy.
When is your next baby check up?

Thank you so much.
Sorry to hear you had another funeral. It must be hard going through it again. :sad:

How did the appointment with diabetic nurse go? Still can't believe they keep making you test every day, where clearly you're totally fine.
Good on not putting weight on, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Some people are actually lucky for the whole pregnancy.
When is your next baby check up?
I had my diabetes appointment today actually! Thanks for asking!
It was the dietician who saw me about the results today. She looked at my booklet, told me everything was fine and told me to only come back in a month! Was so relieved! But sadly I still have to test 3 times a week, for 4 times. I hate it so much sometimes! I really feel bad for women who have to test 7 times a day! Their fingers must be so sore...

I also showed her my glucose meter, and told her that her previous colleague didn't believe the results I wrote down. She laughed and said they do sometimes check. She then took the booklet and checked 20ish results to see if I didn't cheat, but felt like she had to do it because I told her to. She was kind and friendly and wasn't trying to scare me with ceasarians and babies being taken away after birth.:roll:

As for the next scan, I have one booked on the 4th! Am so excited! Hope I can see her tiny face now, haven't seen her properly since 18 weeks!

How about you, how are you and the baby doing?x

I had my diabetes appointment today actually! Thanks for asking!
It was the dietician who saw me about the results today. She looked at my booklet, told me everything was fine and told me to only come back in a month! Was so relieved! But sadly I still have to test 3 times a week, for 4 times. I hate it so much sometimes! I really feel bad for women who have to test 7 times a day! Their fingers must be so sore...

I also showed her my glucose meter, and told her that her previous colleague didn't believe the results I wrote down. She laughed and said they do sometimes check. She then took the booklet and checked 20ish results to see if I didn't cheat, but felt like she had to do it because I told her to. She was kind and friendly and wasn't trying to scare me with ceasarians and babies being taken away after birth.:roll:

As for the next scan, I have one booked on the 4th! Am so excited! Hope I can see her tiny face now, haven't seen her properly since 18 weeks!

How about you, how are you and the baby doing?x

That's brilliant news. At least it should be some relief knowing you're perfectly fine and have nothing to worry about. To be fair, we don't really have that long left now, do we?

I'm doing alright, was laying with a nasty tummy bug last week which really knocked me badly. I lost 3 kilos within 24 hours :confused::confused:
Couldn't keep anything down and ended up bringing up blue coloured bile. ( I had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago and apparently this can happen, who knew )
Baby was/is absolutely fine. Kicking away nicely all the time. Still very low and the pressure down there is unreal, especially when I walk for longer then 5 minutes. Started getting the odd spell of what I think is braxton hicks.

I have a scan again on the 19th, so cant wait to see if we can see the gender again haha I so wish I would've never given in in the first place now, then I wouldn't be in the pickle now haha. Poor baby was called he all this time and now its just *the baby* or blobby ( little one gave it that nickname )

That's brilliant news. At least it should be some relief knowing you're perfectly fine and have nothing to worry about. To be fair, we don't really have that long left now, do we?

I'm doing alright, was laying with a nasty tummy bug last week which really knocked me badly. I lost 3 kilos within 24 hours :confused::confused:
Couldn't keep anything down and ended up bringing up blue coloured bile. ( I had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago and apparently this can happen, who knew )
Baby was/is absolutely fine. Kicking away nicely all the time. Still very low and the pressure down there is unreal, especially when I walk for longer then 5 minutes. Started getting the odd spell of what I think is braxton hicks.

I have a scan again on the 19th, so cant wait to see if we can see the gender again haha I so wish I would've never given in in the first place now, then I wouldn't be in the pickle now haha. Poor baby was called he all this time and now its just *the baby* or blobby ( little one gave it that nickname )

The fun part now is guessing if it is a boy or girl now! I was thought to be a boy at the 20 week scan because they mistook the umbilical cord as male genitals. But at the 32 week scan they saw I was a girl, luckily my mother had a feeling I was a girl and never got anything too boy-like. Hope you didn't get too many boy outfits!

At least if you lost that much weight in such little time it's usually water weight and you will gain it back in a few days. Hope you feel better soon!x

The fun part now is guessing if it is a boy or girl now! I was thought to be a boy at the 20 week scan because they mistook the umbilical cord as male genitals. But at the 32 week scan they saw I was a girl, luckily my mother had a feeling I was a girl and never got anything too boy-like. Hope you didn't get too many boy outfits!

At least if you lost that much weight in such little time it's usually water weight and you will gain it back in a few days. Hope you feel better soon!x

I think I'm more excited about the next scan, than I have been all pregnancy Haha
Still think, I should've ignored my OH and would've kept it a surprise till it's born lol

I'm so much better again but now little one is fighting a nasty cold, so trying my hardest not to catch that one myself. It's the last thing I need right now.

How are you feeling? I find, if I walk for longer now, I'm starting to get really sore and my bump feels really heavy.
Miss having a proper nights sleep too... probably all I do these days is moan and moan some more Haha

I think I'm more excited about the next scan, than I have been all pregnancy Haha
Still think, I should've ignored my OH and would've kept it a surprise till it's born lol

I'm so much better again but now little one is fighting a nasty cold, so trying my hardest not to catch that one myself. It's the last thing I need right now.

How are you feeling? I find, if I walk for longer now, I'm starting to get really sore and my bump feels really heavy.
Miss having a proper nights sleep too... probably all I do these days is moan and moan some more Haha
I feel my bump has gotten heavier too! Last couple of weeks have been more tiring than before simply because general things like cooking, tidying up, etc. are suddenly more exhausting.
Then last night I suddenly had a lot of Braxton Hicks, like 20 over 5 hours.. Not painful at all but I did find it weird how often they were happening. At least baby was moving a lot. I went to lie down to see if that helps and ended up falling asleep but I am going to check in with my midwife about that today. I feel fine now but my bump feels a bit harder, perhaps baby changed position...

I feel my bump has gotten heavier too! Last couple of weeks have been more tiring than before simply because general things like cooking, tidying up, etc. are suddenly more exhausting.
Then last night I suddenly had a lot of Braxton Hicks, like 20 over 5 hours.. Not painful at all but I did find it weird how often they were happening. At least baby was moving a lot. I went to lie down to see if that helps and ended up falling asleep but I am going to check in with my midwife about that today. I feel fine now but my bump feels a bit harder, perhaps baby changed position...

I had some over the weekend. So strange as, like you said, they don't hurt yet your whole belly just tensed up really tight.
There is certain ways now, I can't lay anymore and I have v-shapes pillow in bed now which I prop under bump when laying. Worst is, waking up on my back because it will takes forever for me to get up then thanks to the pain pain

Just Checking in. Haven’t got to 3rd trimester yet but i’m hot on your heels ladies. All good here. Stomach gets sore and hips of I walk or do too much. X

I had some over the weekend. So strange as, like you said, they don't hurt yet your whole belly just tensed up really tight.
There is certain ways now, I can't lay anymore and I have v-shapes pillow in bed now which I prop under bump when laying. Worst is, waking up on my back because it will takes forever for me to get up then thanks to the pain pain
Yeah, I've been having even more of them today but they were less strong, barely noticeable when I was busy at work. My midwife wasn't worried, she just told me to drink more water. I will drink more and see how it goes tomorrow.

I have the same thing with sleeping- sometimes going to one side is so uncomfortable that I need to immediately switch to other side and use blanket/pillows to support the bump at a certain angle :roll:

@Lollypop79 yes, get ready for taking extra breaks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back