** January 2020 Mummies **

So annoying that they make you worry like that @Zara96, don't let them get to you.
I just went to have a scan and get tested for streptococcus in case I need antibiotics at birth, and during the scan the gynaecologist said that they can't measure the baby that well anymore and not to get worried in case it's off by a week or more. She said the leg is usually the only thing they can still measure correctly but the rest is a bit more difficult due to the baby getting so big and squished in there.
I hate how they make women worry for no reason! They have no idea how some of their comments can impact our sanity like that!

In any case, baby was turned a bit for the first time in 22 weeks, so we could see her profile again. Soooo cute! Can't wait to meet her now!
Next week I will visit the maternity ward with the midwife to see where I will deliver! So exciting!:dance:
Yes I know it's terrible my baby is fine she weighs around 5lbs 12 and her head is nearly engaged and doing just perfect. They said she has very long legs haha got to go for another scan on the 30th dec for another growth scan. Oh how exciting for you bet you cant wait I went to see serenity the other day oh my it's so lovely but makes it so real. X

Hi ladies,
Baby is fine and weighs about 5lbs 12. X
So worried you for nothing.
Glad to hear all is well. Now relax and count down the days till d-day haha

I'm busy getting bits for Christmas sorted, we celebrate on Christmas eve ( german tradition we've kept ) so only 7 days left...

Yes I know it's terrible my baby is fine she weighs around 5lbs 12 and her head is nearly engaged and doing just perfect. They said she has very long legs haha got to go for another scan on the 30th dec for another growth scan. Oh how exciting for you bet you cant wait I went to see serenity the other day oh my it's so lovely but makes it so real. X
So glad to hear that everything is good!

I'm busy getting bits for Christmas sorted, we celebrate on Christmas eve ( german tradition we've kept ) so only 7 days left...
OH and I are also in the midst of Christmas planning! He loves cooking so he is deciding on the menu and making shopping lists. I am looking forward to it as to me it's a bit more family / friends bonding and fun time before the baby arrives :) I hope we get a proper rest too, since we'll both be off work.

I had a night of waking up a lot to change positions.( @Kitana, it really did help to think "it's almost over" ). And then in the morning, I had a good sample of the fanny daggers - I was bending over with the pain and swearing a bit and breathing hard - OH was freaked out and asked me "should we go to the hospital now?". And I was like "no, it's just fanny daggers". It's all starting to seem pretty hilarious at this point so I guess that's good :D

Yes worried me for absolutely nothing baby is doing just fine. Only 19 days left now. I'm nearly all done for xmas just got a few more little bits to get. Oh wow exciting. X x

Time seems to go by faster and faster!
Good to hear you ladies are doing so well despite the pain.
I'm having a very difficult day, I'm in extreme pain and I have to drop the car off for some checks. I will have to walk back home but don't know how I will be able to manage that?! It's only a 15 minutes walk but I can't even walk towards the bathroom without stopping for a break! What to do??

Time seems to go by faster and faster!
Good to hear you ladies are doing so well despite the pain.
I'm having a very difficult day, I'm in extreme pain and I have to drop the car off for some checks. I will have to walk back home but don't know how I will be able to manage that?! It's only a 15 minutes walk but I can't even walk towards the bathroom without stopping for a break! What to do??
That walk would do me in I can just about walk around the block. Feel emotional today x

That walk would do me in I can just about walk around the block. Feel emotional today x
I managed but my hips were so sore at night, I could barely walk to the bathroom.

I feel you about being emotional! It gets to me too sometimes! I cried a bit in public too since my DD was at her kindergarten school for the first time and she was being helped by bigger kids. They were so nice to her, I shed a tear! Ugh so embarrassing! Then the oh hugged me which made it worse, I told him to let me go since he was making it worse, and he held me even tighter and was chuckling! Feel so silly now! But I'm sure I'm not the first mum to have cried at kindergarten!:lol:

Oh don't start with being emotional.
I'm a bubbling mess watching normal tv shows these days. It's so embarrassing, as I normally never really cry. I'm dreading Christmas haha better have a box of tissues next to me.

Saw my midwife today and she urged me to get my hospital bag ready asap. The way baby is laying and all the signs, she said I could practically start labour any moment. That's really scaring me if I'm honest.
I know it's not that long anyway, the thought of it being eminent though, is scary.

Have to see her again on the 30th and she said, if all looks good, she will give me a sweep as she agrees, we want to try and avoid being induced.

Pain is a joke now, I can't walk for longer then 5 minutes. When I was out shopping earlier, I was huffing and puffing, wobbling around wishing I was back at home. It's really no fun anymore lol

Everyone ready for Christmas? I just have to wrap everything now and I should be ready. Knowing me though, I forgot something and will end up rushing out the morning of Christmas eve

I managed but my hips were so sore at night, I could barely walk to the bathroom.

I feel you about being emotional! It gets to me too sometimes! I cried a bit in public too since my DD was at her kindergarten school for the first time and she was being helped by bigger kids. They were so nice to her, I shed a tear! Ugh so embarrassing! Then the oh hugged me which made it worse, I told him to let me go since he was making it worse, and he held me even tighter and was chuckling! Feel so silly now! But I'm sure I'm not the first mum to have cried at kindergarten!:lol:
I could always cry but dont know what for haha. My OH dont understand he thinks I'm crazy keep crying but I cant help it. I think he dont like to see me cry. Pregnancy is not easy lol. Xx

I'm so sorry you're in such pain @vampysgirl, maybe having the baby a bit earlier might not be such a bad thing!

What signs did she say? How is the baby lying now?

I have done all the Christmas shopping but need to start wrapping asap! But DD keeps thinking all the presents are for her and wants to keep opening them! I think I will leave it last minute, right before we leave for my parent's place!

I don't know about you ladies but I started swelling in my feet and ankles all of a sudden. I really forgot how annoying that was! Anyone else started swelling?x

I'm so sorry you're in such pain @vampysgirl, maybe having the baby a bit earlier might not be such a bad thing!

What signs did she say? How is the baby lying now?

I have done all the Christmas shopping but need to start wrapping asap! But DD keeps thinking all the presents are for her and wants to keep opening them! I think I will leave it last minute, right before we leave for my parent's place!

I don't know about you ladies but I started swelling in my feet and ankles all of a sudden. I really forgot how annoying that was! Anyone else started swelling?x
Oh my feet are swelling like crazy! They were already getting swollen months ago but that was maybe 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Now I start off with a 3 or 4 when I wake up and by the time I go to bed they're sometimes a 9 or 10, it looks freaky! Luckily not painful but still uncomfortable... my hands and fingers are also getting swollen for weeks already and my finger joints are a bit painful but it's not so bad, doesn't disturb me in daily life. At my checkup with the midwife yesterday, she told me to reduce my salt intake and put my feet up when I get the chance and put them higher than my hips for at least 5-10min... we will see how that goes.

My baby is still head down but the midwife couldn't tell is posterior or anterior so I'm going for a scan on Monday. Head is low but hasn't engaged yet...which could be good if he is posterior then I can still try to do some excercises to encourage him to turn.

I also hired a doula yesterday! Kinda excited about that :) Are any of you planning to have a doula as well?

Oh my feet are swelling like crazy! They were already getting swollen months ago but that was maybe 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Now I start off with a 3 or 4 when I wake up and by the time I go to bed they're sometimes a 9 or 10, it looks freaky! Luckily not painful but still uncomfortable... my hands and fingers are also getting swollen for weeks already and my finger joints are a bit painful but it's not so bad, doesn't disturb me in daily life. At my checkup with the midwife yesterday, she told me to reduce my salt intake and put my feet up when I get the chance and put them higher than my hips for at least 5-10min... we will see how that goes.

My baby is still head down but the midwife couldn't tell is posterior or anterior so I'm going for a scan on Monday. Head is low but hasn't engaged yet...which could be good if he is posterior then I can still try to do some excercises to encourage him to turn.

I also hired a doula yesterday! Kinda excited about that :) Are any of you planning to have a doula as well?
Hope your LO will be in the right position, let us know how the scan went!

Doulas are not well known in Europe. I can get the same emotional support , exercises, relaxation techniques from my midwife, so getting a doula, who is not medically trained to deliver a baby, is not really a must for me. I will have my midwife who has been there the whole pregnancy for me and my OH in the delivery room.
I will start relaxation techniques with her coming monday. The oh did it with us last time and he was a real help during labour.
I was not allowed to give birth at the birthing house since my waters broke before 37 weeks! So my OH had to keep me focused when I just couldn't go on anymore. I would strongly recommend getting your ohs involved!x

@Kitana
She said babies head is engaged after giving me a full check up yesterday. My bump has *slipped* down already too. Most kicks and movements are now near the belly button and not do much above it anymore...
Plus I do start getting very painful braxton hicks now. I know it's not contractions as they don't last long enough yet.

Really just waiting for my *show* now and then I know it won't be long at all.

My OH was fantastic at my last birth. I had him and my sister with me. Once I got in the pool, I was so relaxed and happy as Larry. Did the whole birth without painkillers, which is my aim for this one too.
However this time I have my OH and my Dad with me. If I'm honest, I'm rather excited.
Birth has always been my least worry of the pregnancy.
It's actually being pregnant and all the aches and pains I have trouble with.
I'm sadly not one of these women that love being pregnant Haha it's fair to say, I'm more the opposite

@Kitana
She said babies head is engaged after giving me a full check up yesterday. My bump has *slipped* down already too. Most kicks and movements are now near the belly button and not do much above it anymore...
Plus I do start getting very painful braxton hicks now. I know it's not contractions as they don't last long enough yet.

Really just waiting for my *show* now and then I know it won't be long at all.

My OH was fantastic at my last birth. I had him and my sister with me. Once I got in the pool, I was so relaxed and happy as Larry. Did the whole birth without painkillers, which is my aim for this one too.
However this time I have my OH and my Dad with me. If I'm honest, I'm rather excited.
Birth has always been my least worry of the pregnancy.
It's actually being pregnant and all the aches and pains I have trouble with.
I'm sadly not one of these women that love being pregnant Haha it's fair to say, I'm more the opposite
I understand! I'm not a happy preggo either, too much pain!

Like you I would like to give birth again painkiller free. And I would love to have a water birth. One more day to go and I will be 37 weeks, which is the milestone I needed to hit in order to get my water birth! Hopefully she doesn't decide to come tonight haha!

Did you have your show with your previous pregnancies? X

I understand! I'm not a happy preggo either, too much pain!

Like you I would like to give birth again painkiller free. And I would love to have a water birth. One more day to go and I will be 37 weeks, which is the milestone I needed to hit in order to get my water birth! Hopefully she doesn't decide to come tonight haha!

Did you have your show with your previous pregnancies? X

Here is to 37 weeks :dance:;-)

I had the show with my first one but not my last one. So, no idea which way it will go this time.
As long it's after christmas, I have no issues lol. Just too busy until then

Hi ladies sorry been quiet been busy sorting everything for Christmas saw consultant on Tuesday and they are happy for me to go to term see them on 7th Jan for scan and final appointment they are not letting me go over so book induction in at 40 weeks so end is in sight! I had pumped myself up for 37 weeks as that’s what they kept telling me so not disappointed but just feeling fat and fed up! Can’t get comfy had loads of Braxton hicks and feel like I’m carrying a bowling ball between my legs!!! Belly has dropped dramatically I still think she is going to be a 2019 baby and come early. Had to take wedding ring off as swelled right up and currently on the couch as can’t get comfy sharing a bed! All be worth it but glad it’s nearly the end xx

@Kitana @vampysgirl - so beautiful that you had natural, drug-free births before, that's what I'm hoping for!

And great that your birth partners and midwives are such great support. My midwives here will only come once I'm well into active labor and since OH and I are doing this for the first time, I'm not even sure we would know what that is .. therefore the doula :)

@Outofsync great that you can go on to full term. Hopefully baby will come at just the right time and you won't need the induction.

Hi ladies sorry been quiet been busy sorting everything for Christmas saw consultant on Tuesday and they are happy for me to go to term see them on 7th Jan for scan and final appointment they are not letting me go over so book induction in at 40 weeks so end is in sight! I had pumped myself up for 37 weeks as that’s what they kept telling me so not disappointed but just feeling fat and fed up! Can’t get comfy had loads of Braxton hicks and feel like I’m carrying a bowling ball between my legs!!! Belly has dropped dramatically I still think she is going to be a 2019 baby and come early. Had to take wedding ring off as swelled right up and currently on the couch as can’t get comfy sharing a bed! All be worth it but glad it’s nearly the end xx

Fantastic that they let you go full term. Plus you do have an end in sight now, which is a big bonus.

Couch buddy yay lol. I've slept the last week on the sofa now. Just can not get comfortable in bed, mo matter how many pillows I prop up behind me. Plus, getting up every couple of hours for a pee kept disturbing OH.

Last night I ended up throwing up, no idea why, came out of the blue. I'm thinking, possibly from the pain in my lower back.

@DeniceF trust me, you'll know when you're in active labour. It's when your contractions come around 3 till 5 minutes and each contractions lasts about a minute.
Where are you from that you have a doula coming?

I'm more worried my waters break at home and I don't get to hospital on time. Because I'm on fragmin injections they have me all worried what can happen when I deliver the baby without having a counter injection first...
My favourite statement from one of the doctors from the ante natal clinic was, don't take the fragmin the day before you go into labour... not being funny, but how am I meant to predict that please?

Anyway, if I shouldn't make it online before, I wish you and your families all a merry Christmas ( or if you celebrate something else, equally all the best wishes) hope you get to relax and enjoy the festive season without any surprises haha

Thank you for the wishes @vampysgirl ! A merry Christmas to you and your family as well!
I still sleep quite comfortably but do wake up loads. The fatigue has returned and feel like I have so little energy.
Hope you can get some rest @vampysgirl before the baby gets here!

Yesterday we were at a friend's place and everyone was so shocked to see that the oh does almost nothing to help me out with anything, certainly now that I'm as big as I probably will get. In the evening, when we came home, he started cleaning and clearing the clutter he had left around the house. It's a bit late to start helping out now, but I won't complain! I know it is only for a day or two before he forgets.

Am excited for Christmas and still have some last minute wrapping to do before tomorrow! Will not watch my sugar intake, that's for sure!

I have an appointment soon with my midwife to go see the labour and delivery room in the hospital! I'm so excited! The oh doesn't want me to get a water birth but will discuss with the midwife how things go if it goes bad. I honestly don't think it's an issue as I am already in the hospital. If I were at home and something went wrong he would never forgive me for it.x

Hey ladies. Been quiet as just been so busy leading up to Christmas.
Had a fetal medicine appointment as baby was measuring small at 32 week scan. She’s fallen below the 10th centile but has gained along that line from 32-34 weeks. They have booked me in for induction on 13th Jan will be around 37 weeks then. Got a scan on the 6th jan to check growth if she has dropped then I’ll be induced that week possibly. They are thinking my placenta is struggling and that’s why there was dip in growth. Monitoring movements and if any worries I have to go straight in. I’m not worrying to much and just taking it easy now and waiting to see what happens x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back