** January 2020 Mummies **

Yeah, I've been having even more of them today but they were less strong, barely noticeable when I was busy at work. My midwife wasn't worried, she just told me to drink more water. I will drink more and see how it goes tomorrow.

I have the same thing with sleeping- sometimes going to one side is so uncomfortable that I need to immediately switch to other side and use blanket/pillows to support the bump at a certain angle :roll:

@Lollypop79 yes, get ready for taking extra breaks!

Haha I will do. Does anyone else suffer really bad with round ligament pain. Full 5 mins I couldn’t move till it eased off and even after it was tender x

Haha I will do. Does anyone else suffer really bad with round ligament pain. Full 5 mins I couldn’t move till it eased off and even after it was tender x

Mine is more my back/sciatic area.
I have midwife next week and will talk to her. But unless I get myself a belt or them pregnancy wrap things for the bump I doubt there is a lot I can do to ease it otherwise.

I'd love to have a nice hot bath but that's obviously out the window Haha. It's not really my go to thing when I am in pain

@Lollypop79 it's only a few more days left for you now anyway, might aswell stay here. It's the final countdown haha

Mine is more my back/sciatic area.
I have midwife next week and will talk to her. But unless I get myself a belt or them pregnancy wrap things for the bump I doubt there is a lot I can do to ease it otherwise.

I'd love to have a nice hot bath but that's obviously out the window Haha. It's not really my go to thing when I am in pain

@Lollypop79 it's only a few more days left for you now anyway, might aswell stay here. It's the final countdown haha
I will but i’m still gonna do the whole announcement that i’m in the third trimester lol x

The suffering begins! Lol

Didn't have time to update yesterday due to so much drama. The OH is under so much stress that he's being very inconsiderate to every one around him. I had to get him off his high horse and kill the fires he ignited with his family, except with his sister since I really think she deserved it. She had told him to break off contact with their father and stepmother after a row since that is how she handles things. :roll:
He told her he didn't want the same bad relationship she has with the rest of the family, even with me. She then told him I had been rude because I had told her 6 year old which was hurting the cat to stop. WTF... if you can't teach your child to not hurt animals, then don't be offended when someone else does it. She doesn't believe a child should be limited and she never says no! Never! It drives me crazy because they are absolutely horrible children! Even if you say no, they continue what they were doing, like they don't know what it means!!

Anyways, the scan went well, the baby has no signs of being too big due to GD. The gynaecologist told me since they changed the limits in the blood results, loads of women are being considered a diabetic, and a lot have had false positives.

I sometimes have a bit of trouble emptying my bladder, I asked the gyny if she was lying too low and she said no. So I will have to be careful for UTIs and have physio after birth.

I think you're already in tri 3 @Lollypop79 , it depends on which app you're on lol

@vampysgirl might be SPD starting. I can't lie on my back anymore either, otherwise I can't get up.

Hope you ladies have a lovely day!x

@Kitana
Your sister in law sounds like a lot of fun :doh: she'll be one of them people later, wondering why her kids are complete brats.

My OH is an inconsiderate twat at the moment. :talkhand: most days I just want to bang his head against the wall in the hope some sense goes back into it.
I was told at my last appointment to take things easy, rest as much as possible because of the pain and baby being so low. Yet, I pretty much don't get any help from him at all.

We have a house survey tomorrow and I wanted all the rooms to be nice and freshened up. You know his help in all of it? He cleaned the window in the kitchen today. That's all.
Where I've been up and cleaning and tidying since 9 am this morning. I'm at a point now, I'm getting stitches in the side of my belly and I'm in so much pain I have to take a break, while he is sitting on his tab watching random crap on you tube.
Still need to clean the bathroom, do the dishes from the last couple of days ( even my oldest son decided to be a lazy git) and finish off the sitting room. Hoover everywhere and sort out the boiler cupboard which we use for storage... I'm genuinely close to tears at the moment, obviously hormones don't help.
Oh and I did a load of washing, took the dry stuff down hung the new stuff up and have another load on the go. Because again apparently everyone here forgot how to load up a machine and turn it on :shakehead:

Anyway, SPD? What is that? I don't think I've heard of it before. Or maybe I did but my only 30% functioning brain ( that's what it feels like anyway )can't remember it.

Glad to hear baby is doing well though. That's the main thing in the end.
I wonder If they changed the guidelines over here too? Not that I'm personally concerned as I had my GTT with negative results.
It does seem annoying though, as it seems to put extra stress on mum to be where it's really not needed

@Kitana
Your sister in law sounds like a lot of fun :doh: she'll be one of them people later, wondering why her kids are complete brats.

My OH is an inconsiderate twat at the moment. :talkhand: most days I just want to bang his head against the wall in the hope some sense goes back into it.
I was told at my last appointment to take things easy, rest as much as possible because of the pain and baby being so low. Yet, I pretty much don't get any help from him at all.

We have a house survey tomorrow and I wanted all the rooms to be nice and freshened up. You know his help in all of it? He cleaned the window in the kitchen today. That's all.
Where I've been up and cleaning and tidying since 9 am this morning. I'm at a point now, I'm getting stitches in the side of my belly and I'm in so much pain I have to take a break, while he is sitting on his tab watching random crap on you tube.
Still need to clean the bathroom, do the dishes from the last couple of days ( even my oldest son decided to be a lazy git) and finish off the sitting room. Hoover everywhere and sort out the boiler cupboard which we use for storage... I'm genuinely close to tears at the moment, obviously hormones don't help.
Oh and I did a load of washing, took the dry stuff down hung the new stuff up and have another load on the go. Because again apparently everyone here forgot how to load up a machine and turn it on :shakehead:

Anyway, SPD? What is that? I don't think I've heard of it before. Or maybe I did but my only 30% functioning brain ( that's what it feels like anyway )can't remember it.

Glad to hear baby is doing well though. That's the main thing in the end.
I wonder If they changed the guidelines over here too? Not that I'm personally concerned as I had my GTT with negative results.
It does seem annoying though, as it seems to put extra stress on mum to be where it's really not needed
I'm sorry you're having such a bad day..
I think your OH needs a real good kick in the arse and get up to help! What is a house survey btw?

Can you ask a family member for help? Like someone from his side of the family, so he can feel the embarrassment :lol:
I once called in the help of my other SIL, the nice one, to help me clean the apartment during my first pregnancy. My oh was so embarrassed and got very angry but at least the place was clean and he helped more with the household chores.
SPD is when your body produces too much relaxin and it feels like your pelvic bones aren't attached as well. You get lower back pain when you lift or do too much. I sometimes have difficulty walking due to the SPD if I wasn't too careful during the day. It's so debilitating!

Don't over do it hun! Think about your body and baby!x

I'm sorry you're having such a bad day..
I think your OH needs a real good kick in the arse and get up to help! What is a house survey btw?

Can you ask a family member for help? Like someone from his side of the family, so he can feel the embarrassment :lol:
I once called in the help of my other SIL, the nice one, to help me clean the apartment during my first pregnancy. My oh was so embarrassed and got very angry but at least the place was clean and he helped more with the household chores.
SPD is when your body produces too much relaxin and it feels like your pelvic bones aren't attached as well. You get lower back pain when you lift or do too much. I sometimes have difficulty walking due to the SPD if I wasn't too careful during the day. It's so debilitating!

Don't over do it hun! Think about your body and baby!x

I ended up having a moan at him and he got up and helped.
Home survey is someone coming out and checking If there is anything that will need fixing and possibly a new kitchen and bathroom. I'm with my landlord since 8 years now and should've had a new kitchen installed already.

All is done now though and I'm laying with my feet up.

How you explain the SPD, you might be right I have this. I'll have to speak to my midwife next week about it. I'm guessing there is not a lot they can do to help with it though?
Normally I get seriously bad sciatica at this stage of pregnancy but this doesn't feel like it at all and is more around my hip/pelvic area

Sorry been absent, just been busy sorting everything out! I’ll catch up on what’s been going on with everyone but a little update on me below.

Had growth scan today and they are super happy with how I’ve been controlling diabetes at 28 weeks she was on the 52nd percentile and weighed 2lb 11oz today at 31 weeks she weighs 3lb 7oz and on the 41st percentile so she is growing and average weight but not at a massive rate! This was all said in front of my husband and they really praised me and said I was doing a great job Which felt nice to be acknowledged as it hasn’t been the easiest or fun having limited diet. She is still breech bum down with legs and head above so hopefully she will turn. Next scan in three weeks and see consultant then so hopefully make a decision about either inducing at 37 weeks or going to 40 weeks. It seems mad that potentially only 6 weeks til she is here!!!
Had first antenatal class on Monday night it was informative and interesting and well worth going got another two to go but feeling more prepared all her wardrobes are getting fitted this week so going to wash all her things and pack hospital bag at weekend. The room was red hot and I fainted which was embarrassing but everyone on the class was feeling the same it was ridiculously hot they found the thermostat to turn heating down at the end so hopefully next week it won’t be as bad I’m taking some snacks and ice water and handheld fan just in case! XX

Well after today's scan, looks like my baby has a surprise up its sleeve.
All measurements were absolutely fine. Weighing around 2lb10oz and 95% sure it's actually a GIRL and not a boy. He tried his hardest but just couldn't find any indication for a boy at all.
Will have another scan on the 19th of November because it's laying so low though. Just to keep an eye on things.
Wow bet that was a surprise!

Wow bet that was a surprise!
It's a massive surprise. Counting down for the next scan now Haha
Glad to hear all is well with you and little madam is growing nicely. Fingers crossed she decides to move around now.
Do you want to be induced at 37 weeks or rather go till 40?
6 weeks is a bloody scary thought...

It's a massive surprise. Counting down for the next scan now Haha
Glad to hear all is well with you and little madam is growing nicely. Fingers crossed she decides to move around now.
Do you want to be induced at 37 weeks or rather go till 40?
6 weeks is a bloody scary thought...

37 weeks would be perfect as husband would get 3 full months with her, he works offshore on an oil rig and comes home at 36+2 for 3.5 months but whatever they advise that’s best for her if it’s a c section they mentioned 38 weeks but that’s Christmas Day so would rather be early or later! Xx

37 weeks would be perfect as husband would get 3 full months with her, he works offshore on an oil rig and comes home at 36+2 for 3.5 months but whatever they advise that’s best for her if it’s a c section they mentioned 38 weeks but that’s Christmas Day so would rather be early or later! Xx

Oh god Christmas day wouldn't be ideal. Yeah I would ask for either a bit later or if really necessary, earlier.

I was in hospital Thursday morning after collapsing during my sons school run. Had a head to toe check up but all is well I'm just exhausted.
The midwife there told me that I can easily go into labour from 37 weeks, which Is Christmas eve ... and for me, my Christmas lol.
See, I'm originally from germany and we kept the tradition of celebrating Christmas eve with my parents and then OH and I have our own little christmas on the 25th with the boys and a chinese takeaway lol ... so I'm hoping, this will be a good baby and stay in there lol

Oh god Christmas day wouldn't be ideal. Yeah I would ask for either a bit later or if really necessary, earlier.

I was in hospital Thursday morning after collapsing during my sons school run. Had a head to toe check up but all is well I'm just exhausted.
The midwife there told me that I can easily go into labour from 37 weeks, which Is Christmas eve ... and for me, my Christmas lol.
See, I'm originally from germany and we kept the tradition of celebrating Christmas eve with my parents and then OH and I have our own little christmas on the 25th with the boys and a chinese takeaway lol ... so I'm hoping, this will be a good baby and stay in there lol

yeah they class as full term at 37 weeks so as long as I get to that be happy, loads of people of my ivf forum are having their babies now most between 32 and 36 weeks it’s apparently quite common for ivf babies to come early so keeping everything crossed I think she is comfy in their though I know there is nothing we can do I just really don’t want to be in hospital on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or Boxing Day! Xx

yeah they class as full term at 37 weeks so as long as I get to that be happy, loads of people of my ivf forum are having their babies now most between 32 and 36 weeks it’s apparently quite common for ivf babies to come early so keeping everything crossed I think she is comfy in their though I know there is nothing we can do I just really don’t want to be in hospital on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or Boxing Day! Xx
Hope you feel better after collapsing I’m scared to go to antenatal class on Monday after fainting at the last one!! Xx

Oh I really don't want a Christmas baby! I really want a January baby lol!
We are potty training our DD as she will start kindergarten in January, I've often read of regression when a new born enters their lives so I hope she gets there after DD starts school!

@vampysgirl, I also celebrate Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve and a little private one with just us 3 the day after. We often ate Chinese as well! Love it! I'm so looking forward to it!x

@Outofsync Nice to hear you're doing so well and the baby too! Let's hope your LO will come earlier rather than later! Is there a reason why IVF babies come earlier?x

Hi ladies,
how is everyone doing xx
I can't believe some of us have less than 2 months to go! I'm 31 weeks today and have started washing my DD's old baby clothes. I found a birth outfit but still have to buy nappies! Will start on my hospital bag next week! Such exciting times!
How are you?x

I am getting more and more excited! OH and I just finished a birthing class we've been attending on weekends and yesterday was all about taking care of the newborn. As this is our first baby, both of us are rather clueless so that was an interesting class and made me even more excited about our baby boy.

Also, I have noticed that baby's movements suddenly feel more intense this week - I am guessing because he is getting bigger and has less space. Also I am once in a while feeling short of breath and having to stop to just breathe! Yesterday, walking toward a parking lot, the path was steep and I just couldn't make it! Had to stop 80% of the way and have a break.

So @vampysgirl and @Outofsync I could totally understand fainting and could see it happening to me too! I am trying to stay realistic about my physical fitness at this point and take it easy. I just realized yesterday that I've increased my bodyweight by 25% - was 48kg at week 6, now 60kg. So no wonder it feels like a freaking workout to climb a flight of stairs!

I am also going to be 37 weeks on December 22, so Christmas baby is a possibility. At this point I don't mind, he can come whenever he is ready but of course hoping for full term, maybe beginning of January. I am actually more worried about birthing on New Years- because of the crazy traffic and chaos and everyone getting drunk... and I am hoping I won't go past 40 weeks...But again, just trusting baby that he will know the right moment :)

I can't believe some of us have less than 2 months to go! I'm 31 weeks today and have started washing my DD's old baby clothes. I found a birth outfit but still have to buy nappies! Will start on my hospital bag next week! Such exciting times!
How are you?x
I know time has gone so fast, I'll be 32 weeks monday. Going to start was baby clothes next week exciting times. I have got about 15 packs of nappies but my cousin just had a little one and they use 72 nappies a week. I'm fine thank you. Had 4d scan the other day was amazing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back