** January 2020 Mummies **

Oh and a question I was going to ask. For those of you breastfeeding, when are you planning on introducing bottles? (If you are). I’d like to be able to get him taking bottles of expressed milk in the future so that my oh can help out with feeds, but the internet seems to say all sorts of different lengths of time.

I'd be so angry as well. I've held off baby visits for now. Only close relatives were allowed to come over.
Your OH should have discussed it with you.

Emilia also wakes up whenever I put her down but will snooze happily in my arms. She usually falls asleep after a few minutes though, I have a large triangular pillow on which I put the baby nest so she's a bit inclined. It helps when they don't like to be put down on a flat surface since their milk comes back up. Before I had the baby nest, I would put the pregnancy pillow in a U-shape around her body, resting her legs on top of the pillow at the bottom, babies like to feel cuddled, so it would relax her as well. Maybe you could try inclining his bed or something, with a few books, see if he's willing to sleep like that?
My DD1 only started to sleep a bit longer from 8 weeks onwards, but she had a cow's milk protein allergy and we had switched to a hypoallergenic formula at 8 weeks. Is he breastfed of formula fed?x
This worked! Thank you so much for the tip! I used the nursing pillow to position him in nearly the same pose as he was in my arms and so the transition was very minimal and he kept sleeping for 1.5 hrs after I put him down!

I am exclusively breastfeeding- seems like we have now matched supply and demand and my breasts no longer get engorged and my nipples feel fine too! If anyone is still having challenges, don't worry, it will get much easier. However I think that baby is still sensitive to my consumption of dairy - if I have a bit, seems to be ok but I had raclette for dinner a few nights ago and Neil was spitting up and vomiting the whole next day. So now I try to only have a bit of dairy at a time.

Oh and a question I was going to ask. For those of you breastfeeding, when are you planning on introducing bottles? (If you are). I’d like to be able to get him taking bottles of expressed milk in the future so that my oh can help out with feeds, but the internet seems to say all sorts of different lengths of time.
Same here, I want to be able to leave him with his grandparents for 2-3hrs or have OH do an early morning feed... Most of the sources I read, said it's fine to introduce the bottle once breastfeeding is established - I think that's the part that can take different amounts of time for different babies...but around the 1month mark. In our case, I think he is feeding very well, strong suck and good latch so I will try giving him a bottle next week when he turns 1 month old.

Also, you don't want to wait too long. My friend only decided to give bottle at 3months and her baby wouldn't take it so she ended up having to feed him with a sippy cup instead.

We introduced a bottle this week as it seems demand is too high for production :-( even though I'm pumping inbetween. However, apparently that can happen but will pick back up again. I hope it does. Ronan has no problem with it though. He is really good on boob and bottle.

Anyone using Instagram? I'm vampysgirl83 and have pretty much daily pictures and updates on there now. Would love to stay in touch with everyone outside of the forum too. After all, we had this 9 months amazing journey together, why should it stop here ...

We introduced a bottle this week as it seems demand is too high for production :-( even though I'm pumping inbetween. However, apparently that can happen but will pick back up again. I hope it does. Ronan has no problem with it though. He is really good on boob and bottle.

Anyone using Instagram? I'm vampysgirl83 and have pretty much daily pictures and updates on there now. Would love to stay in touch with everyone outside of the forum too. After all, we had this 9 months amazing journey together, why should it stop here ...
Did he not gain enough weight or was he drinking non stop from the boob? I don't know if my production is sufficient. It's so hard to guess!
I'm fly_with_v on insta btw, I don't update it loads though! We could make a private Facebook group if you want? It would be nice to stay in touch!x

Did he not gain enough weight or was he drinking non stop from the boob? I don't know if my production is sufficient. It's so hard to guess!
I'm fly_with_v on insta btw, I don't update it loads though! We could make a private Facebook group if you want? It would be nice to stay in touch!x

He was non stop on the boob, to the point both were dry. Now, he gets in the evening around midnight, both boobs and top up with bottle. He takes anything between 1 and 4oz. It seems to work well that way now, plus it gives his dad a chance for a feed too.

I'd love a Facebook group if others are up for it too.
I'm still in touch with a few ladies when I was here for my oct 2014 baby. We talk on the group all the time and it's so nice watching our children grow *together*

Aw fab idea. I’m happy for a Facebook group or instagram. My Instagram is green_eyes10

xx

Yes, let's do a FB group or a group chat, I'd love to stay in touch with all of you!

7F1AF6C6-0B97-4D33-8A19-5CA5D2D4E2F7.jpeg F3A39F2D-2CC8-4E82-B880-11786CF91DBD.jpeg Hi ladies
Sorry not been on much it’s amazing what I used to do with my time, since Sophie is here it’s been non stop!!
Instagram is kerrysivf and shows the full journey and updates if anyone wants to follow its all about Sophie really!
I switched from breastfeeding to formula feeding after a week she just wasn’t getting enough and her weight dropped to 5lb 6oz I was always willing to try breastfeeding and glad I did the first week to give her all the antibodies but she is thriving on bottles, taking 3-4oz every 3 hours and sleeps like a dream inbetween! Me and OH have been tag teaming sleep I go up at 9pm through to 2am getting a solid 5 hours and he goes up at 2am through to 7am we also get the odd hour downstairs with her as well inbetween so both managing on about 6.5 hours sleep at the moment which I think is amazing with a newborn! She has definitely filled out and out of newborn clothes and in up to one month she looks tiny when scrunched you’re still but really long when she stretches out she is back above birth weight. She had a wheezing sound so like a paranoid new mum I took her to the doctors but it is just nasal congestion which has cleared up a lot in the last few days! I’ve joined the Facebook group (Kerry McIntosh) as well be good to see all the updates xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back