** January 2020 Mummies **

I'm fine thank you @Lollypop79!
I've been having contractions now, every 5 minutes, since almost an hour after nipple stimulation, so just stopped and see whether it's the real deal or just Braxton Hicks. They are quite painful so I hope they don't just disappear! Fingers crossed!x

I've been having contractions now, every 5 minutes, since almost an hour after nipple stimulation, so just stopped and see whether it's the real deal or just Braxton Hicks. They are quite painful so I hope they don't just disappear! Fingers crossed!x
Everything is crossed that tonight is your night

@vampysgirl I know what you mean about scans! Based on bump measurements I was above 95th percentile, and even on my growth scan I was quite high and he came out almost dead on 50th!

Came home from the hospital yesterday so had our first night at home, very intense! Feeding is still a challenge but I feel it’s slowly getting better. I managed to do two feeds without my husband having to constantly settle him which feels like a huge achievement. Having 5am cuddles now which seems to make up for all the hard work <3

This baby is driving me crazy haha! Of course a bit after I stopped stimulating my nipples, the contractions started to lessen even stopping. Ugh.

But I woke up at 4 am due to cramps and had my bloody show! I have lost the plug twice now and this morning it was bright red blood with mucus, am sure it's the bloody show! Hope this baby comes out today!
Have my midwife appointment in a few hours so am curious to know what she says! If I'm still at 1cm I will scream!:rofl:

Good luck kitana hopefully things will start happening very fast very soon :)

OMG so many news and babies!
@Darielle, @Outofsync, @vampysgirl - well done mamas! I am so happy to hear that all the little ones are healthy and doing well!!! Mission birth accomplished :)

I have just emerged from a week of figuring out how to be a parent. I have had to search online about how much you burn need to feed and sleep and how many diaper changes and tips on changing diapers without the getting peed on... It's been a sharp learning curve but now I feel like it is getting better.

I also had to look up how to take care of my stitches since I also got an episiotomy but that's feeling better too. The witch hazel pads and anesthesia spray (dermoplast) both help.

Then today I had an engorged breast but did ginger compress and fed Neil on that side and used a pump to express a little and I think it's almost back to normal now. If anyone is struggling with those, let me know, I can share more details.

@Kitana- hang in there! We're all thinking of you and wishing for a smooth labor and delivery, she is taking her time for a reason and when she comes it will be all the better!

Congratulations to all the new mamas and babies!

@Kitana - I am thread crashing to say that after my first baby, ALL my labors were like this. stop-and-start for DAYS. I got soooo frustrated, but in retrospect, I am so so grateful because once it came time for the main event, it was a breeze (I mean, as far as labor goes haha!). It went swiftly and without complications. I waltzed into the hospital with my last baby dilated to 8cm and still feeling pretty good! It was insane. So incredible. VS my first birth where I screamed in agony for the last 5 hours, ha!

Hope that baby comes today! Love watching the new ones arrive <3

@Kitana just seen on page one that you added your girl today? Does it mean you finally had little miss? If so, huge massive congratulations. You've finally got there.
@Lollypop79 only you left now I think.

@JemmaH2019 massive congratulations on your baby girl. Same day as my boy.

Omg, I can't believe this journey is all over now. How fast the time has just flown by is crazy

Fingers crossed I hope this is it for you xx

Fingers crossed I hope this is it for you xx

Emilia was born this afternoon at 13:17!

I was at the birthing center for a check up with my midwife and was complaining about the pressure because it was so intense!
She checked me and was dilated 3cm. She hooked me up to the monitor and was checking the baby's heart rate and contractions. Was not having loads of them anyways. Then just before she wanted to remove the pads, I felt a pop and water leaking! I immediately called the OH to come over at 12h00. The midwife checked me again and was at 5cm. The OH arrived at 12:30. The contractions were horribly intense and long without much time in between them. Then at 13h00 I felt like I needed to push! The midwife wanted to leave for the hospital but told her I wouldn't make it! She checked again and was at 8cm! We went to the labour room, laid down on my side, pushed twice and gave birth at 13:17. The oh had helped sitting right next to me, took the baby from between my legs and handed her to me. It was a crazy fast labour and delivery. I expected it to be fast but not that fast!:love:

Here she is! She has been sleeping all day and only fed once, I'm not sure if I have to wake her up or not?!
Sorry for the late update, was so hectic today!X
Congrats @JemmaH2019 on your daughter Ellie!:love:

View attachment 89719
Yay, congratulations!!! She looks like a little princess :D
Neil was sleeping a lot after his birth and both the pediatrician and my midwife said I absolutely need to wake him up every max 4 hour to feed him in order to avoid dehydration. You can also tell / check if she is dehydrated if the fontanelle (the soft spot between the plates of the skull) seems to be inward too much.

Yay, congratulations!!! She looks like a little princess :D
Neil was sleeping a lot after his birth and both the pediatrician and my midwife said I absolutely need to wake him up every max 4 hour to feed him in order to avoid dehydration. You can also tell / check if she is dehydrated if the fontanelle (the soft spot between the plates of the skull) seems to be inward too much.
Thank you! She's so cute, I can't stop looking at her!:love:

She just drank a bit, so will check up on her again in about 4 hours!
With DD the pediatrician made the midwives give extra formula without even asking me, which was devastating for my own milk production. I hope I can avoid it now! Thanks for the tip!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back