** January 2020 Mummies **

I also have engorged breasts, one worse than the other. I did hot compress with strong ginger tea from fresh ginger and that helped a lot. Now I am trying the cabbage leaf, that's much easier to apply :)
Really give it ago I thought no It wont work but it really did help me and I kept the cabbage in the fridge, let me know how u find it and let me know if it works for u ? X

Really give it ago I thought no It wont work but it really did help me and I kept the cabbage in the fridge, let me know how u find it and let me know if it works for u ? X
I loved it! The cold was a relief and it definitely helped and it was so easy to do! Only I read online to keep it for 20min max, not more than 3 times per day because it can reduce your milk supply if doing it too much. But actually after using it once, baby has been feeding well so I didn't need to repeat yet.

The midwife came by today and she gave me a hydro something patch to put on the painful nipple. You have to put it in the fridge too, so it's nice and fresh. I hope it helps.
I have a flat nipple on one side and it hurt like hell when she tries to feed from it. That boob is getting engorged now too. Ugh.
First the joys of pregnancy, now of breastfeeding :lol:
I feel like the contractions during labor were training for the pain of recovery and those first few seconds of breastfeeding while the baby gets the milk going :dance: I am definitely doing my contractions breathing automatically now and it helps :rotfl:

I loved it! The cold was a relief and it definitely helped and it was so easy to do! Only I read online to keep it for 20min max, not more than 3 times per day because it can reduce your milk supply if doing it too much. But actually after using it once, baby has been feeding well so I didn't need to repeat yet.
See I'm so glad it helped haha who would of thought cabbage would help aye haha xx

So nothing really happening. Admitted on Monday night. Had the ecv which was brutal on Wednesday but was successful, First pessary in a few hours later and second in 6 hours after that. Cervix is non favourable not even a cm dilated so can’t break my waters. Is slightly soft but still long. Had a sweep which hurt like hell this afternoon. Having a pessary put in at 8pm tonight. Then check at 2am and another pessary if needed. Then check in 6 hours. If nothing they will leave be for a further 12-18hours ish I can’t remember which. They will check again and then discuss options which is basically a c section. I asked if I could just have the section as i’m fed up. Having tightenings which hurt some of time quite bad but not progressing. They keep saying coz I’ve had 2 kids it should work but it’s blatantly not working so pretty fed up xx

Oh god, tell me about the achy nipples. Everytime ronan latches on, the first few suckles I want to climb up the wall.
I use the same cream you all use and I know from bf my first son, it does go away and after that it's a walk in the park.

I had my midwife out today for the 5 day check up and she was super happy with the weight. He only dropped 135grams (4% off birth weight ) which she said is amazing and shows he feeds well. I'm so so glad about that, because it was my biggest worry.
Now to get him to feed properly during the night and not cluster feed, like he's done last 2 nights.

@Lollypop79 so sorry to hear there is no progress yet. Positive thoughts hunni. Really hope it's all over for you very soon

So nothing really happening. Admitted on Monday night. Had the ecv which was brutal on Wednesday but was successful, First pessary in a few hours later and second in 6 hours after that. Cervix is non favourable not even a cm dilated so can’t break my waters. Is slightly soft but still long. Had a sweep which hurt like hell this afternoon. Having a pessary put in at 8pm tonight. Then check at 2am and another pessary if needed. Then check in 6 hours. If nothing they will leave be for a further 12-18hours ish I can’t remember which. They will check again and then discuss options which is basically a c section. I asked if I could just have the section as i’m fed up. Having tightenings which hurt some of time quite bad but not progressing. They keep saying coz I’ve had 2 kids it should work but it’s blatantly not working so pretty fed up xx
Awwww, why would they stretch it out like that if it's not working.... :( but maybe they do have experience and it might just all kick off soon! Fingers crossed all goes well!

Hi ladies,
A friend recommended this book to me – "The Mindful Breastfeeding Book: Preparing you for calm and connected feeding"

Right now it's free on Kindle so just sharing case you may be interested: http://a.co/2Qwb4f6

I've only just started reading it but it seems good.

I hope you're all feeling better! My nipples are on the mend and I only seem to get engorged at night when he feeds less but it doesn't get too bad and I recover with more feeding...

How is everyone getting on with the sleeping?
Ronan has absolutely no pattern at all yet. I was clearly spoiled by my last one, who slept through the night right from the start.

On an up note, my legs are finally resembling my normal legs again. Still have a bit of water left but the majority has disappeared. Still can't lay though, especially on my side because of the back pain but it's getting better day by day.

How is everyone getting on with the sleeping?
Ronan has absolutely no pattern at all yet. I was clearly spoiled by my last one, who slept through the night right from the start.

On an up note, my legs are finally resembling my normal legs again. Still have a bit of water left but the majority has disappeared. Still can't lay though, especially on my side because of the back pain but it's getting better day by day.
Shes wakes up 2 or 3 times in the night normally around the same kind of time each night for a bottle. She makes sounds aswell while shes still or stirring which wakes me up as I worry lol but she isnt to bad xx

Hey everyone. I’ve just realised I haven’t updated you all. On Saturday 18/01/2020 I was taken to the labour ward at 6am. (Finally) they managed to break my waters. 2 hours later was put on the drip and by 13:30 was ready to push. Had epidural in and I was only pushing for about 10-15 mins and had Rita Faith Neal at 13:51 weighing 5lbs 8oz. She is absolutely tiny and looks like a doll. I’m so in love. They examined the placenta and there was only a small portion that was still healthy. The rest was badly calcified and obviously not working. Trying to upload a pic to show you all xx

@vampysgirl Emilia has no pattern yet, she wakes up every 3 hours, sometimes a bit earlier, to feed.
I have to sleep with her next to me since she wakes up every time I break contact. She loves to snuggle with Mummy :love:
I love it but it does affect my sleep. I must say I do get enough zzz when she doesn't cluster feed, like about 5 to 6 hours in total per night.

@Kitana I'm lucky to get 2-3 hours sleep at night at the moment. It's slowly grinding away on me.
I'm scared when OH goes back to work next week how I'll coop with little one and going school runs in the morning...

Aww congratulations lollypop she is absolutely gorgeous, I love her name too, so scary about the placenta good job she arrived when she did xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back