** January 2020 Mummies **

Good luck hun!!

I have been getting contractions every 2 to 3 minutes now. Hope they don't dissapear again!x
I hope they dont disappear fingers crossed good luck xx

@Darielle huge congratulations hunni. Yikes another January baby born.
Pictures are next when uploaded from a screenshot. ;-)

@Kitana I hope, while I'm writing this, you're delivering your little girl or are having cuddles with her already

I'm back home again, bloods were all normal and doctor said I'll be better off at home in the hope labour starts naturally. So we wait and see now

38150BD5-5D2E-46C0-918E-5A9E8CD168E0.jpeg Charlie Thomas! He’s still got a little bit of a cone head from the ventuose cup they had to use :) He’s currently fast asleep on my chest because even though I really need to sleep I can’t help but watch him sleep :doh:

After my induction, natural labour is definitely what you want!! All the best @vampysgirl and @Kitana , looking forward to some more cute baby pictures :)

View attachment 89653 Charlie Thomas! He’s still got a little bit of a cone head from the ventuose cup they had to use :) He’s currently fast asleep on my chest because even though I really need to sleep I can’t help but watch him sleep :doh:

After my induction, natural labour is definitely what you want!! All the best @vampysgirl and @Kitana , looking forward to some more cute baby pictures :)
Omg congratulations xx how are u both xx

Omg congratulations xx how are u both xx

He is doing great, struggling a little with starting feeding but nothing out of the ordinary I don’t think.

I’m struggling with pain/dizziness a little bit as I had to have an episiotomy and lost a lot of blood, which I also think is making the feeding more difficult as I can’t sit up very well! He’s totally worth it and I’m hoping to get home today as I think it’ll be easier in my own house with my husband waiting on me hand and foot :rotfl:

Cant wait to hear everyone’s updates! How is everyone whose home with their babies getting on?

@Darielle awww congrats hun! He's so cute!! Hope they didn't cut you too much, I'm scared to death of an episiotomy, I hope it won't come to that!

Sadly I have had no progress.. we were driving to the birthing house and felt the contractions lessen. I was still only 1cm!!! I was hooked up to the monitor yesterday evening and we saw I had good contractions every 6 minutes. The midwife told me we could either go home, take a paracetamol and try to sleep until the dilation gets better or go to hospital to speed things up. I chose to sleep in my own bed.
At 3 am, the contractions even stopped and have not started again, this baby, I swear... :lol:

He is doing great, struggling a little with starting feeding but nothing out of the ordinary I don’t think.

I’m struggling with pain/dizziness a little bit as I had to have an episiotomy and lost a lot of blood, which I also think is making the feeding more difficult as I can’t sit up very well! He’s totally worth it and I’m hoping to get home today as I think it’ll be easier in my own house with my husband waiting on me hand and foot :rotfl:

Cant wait to hear everyone’s updates! How is everyone whose home with their babies getting on?
Fingers crossed your home today and you feel abit better soon. I'm home with my baby and its lovely to be home in your own house her sleeping isnt to bad at the moment. Fed up of visitors though now in and out xxx

@Darielle awww congrats hun! He's so cute!! Hope they didn't cut you too much, I'm scared to death of an episiotomy, I hope it won't come to that!

Sadly I have had no progress.. we were driving to the birthing house and felt the contractions lessen. I was still only 1cm!!! I was hooked up to the monitor yesterday evening and we saw I had good contractions every 6 minutes. The midwife told me we could either go home, take a paracetamol and try to sleep until the dilation gets better or go to hospital to speed things up. I chose to sleep in my own bed.
At 3 am, the contractions even stopped and have not started again, this baby, I swear... :lol:
Oh no I thought this morning you would of had your baby aswell when I came on here. This little one needs to make an appearance xx

Aww no way. I really thought it was your time.
Maybe, it's just the calm before the storm. Your body getting ready for the big thing?

That's the annoying bit, isn't it? Labour can start at literally any minute even without prior warning.
My cramping has totally stopped by about 2 this morning and I actually got some decent sleep ( minus the pee breaks ) however, I'm in so much back pain and my legs are so so sore it's unreal.
Hospital never phoned this morning at 8 like they said they would if there was any concern with the last blood result we are waiting for.
So all that's left now is, wait.

@Kitana You definitely made the right choice with going home and letting it go naturally where you can. I ended up getting the pessary because my waters had broken but no consistent contractions and it was awful - I didn’t get any breaks between contractions and I kept throwing up any pain relief they were willing to give me. I would definitely avoid induction if you can! I’ll update more on my labour when everyone else has had their babies, I don’t want to scare people! :rotfl:

I know I was super frustrated because I’d get all the pains and contractions at night and as soon as it was daylight everything stopped. I imagine I have a nocturnal little man! Only a few weeks and we’ll all have our little bubbies home with us :)

@Kitana You definitely made the right choice with going home and letting it go naturally where you can. I ended up getting the pessary because my waters had broken but no consistent contractions and it was awful - I didn’t get any breaks between contractions and I kept throwing up any pain relief they were willing to give me. I would definitely avoid induction if you can! I’ll update more on my labour when everyone else has had their babies, I don’t want to scare people! :rotfl:

I know I was super frustrated because I’d get all the pains and contractions at night and as soon as it was daylight everything stopped. I imagine I have a nocturnal little man! Only a few weeks and we’ll all have our little bubbies home with us :)
I have heard about being induced and have been told to avoid it by every women who had it done! They wanted to induce me with my DD and I refused, so happy I did because my DD came naturally after 8h40 labour. Sometimes they are in such a hurry to get their beds empty again that they will convince you to do something which you really didn't want.

After your water breaks it can take hours and hours before contractions start. Unless there hasn't been any progress over 24 hours, then they should get that baby out. But they usually try to induce you right away! Not a fan of the system honestly, my OH was so angry I didn't want to give birth with the gynaecologist, but I'm happy I set my foot down. With a gynaecologist you have to stay 4 nights in the hospital and with a midwife you can leave when you want! Well in Belgium I mean!x

Sophie Hope arrived 10th Jan at 3.33am weighing 6lb 3oz. Got induced on Thursday morning at 9.30am with the balloon and was 3cm dilated but she was high up felt fine until midnight when I threw up four times and had waves of pain at 1.40am balloon came out and and I was at 10cm dilated with no pain relief it happened super quick rang lee and he got to hospital with 40 mins to spare so real labour was only 3.5 hours I got cut and just had gas and air god knows the state of down there as they stitched me up for over 2 hours, her blood sugars are all fine and she is perfect in every way!! Xx 7F47BCB6-1C7D-4714-8BE7-016812E4EFA1.jpeg

Sophie Hope arrived 10th Jan at 3.33am weighing 6lb 3oz. Got induced on Thursday morning at 9.30am with the balloon and was 3cm dilated but she was high up felt fine until midnight when I threw up four times and had waves of pain at 1.40am balloon came out and and I was at 10cm dilated with no pain relief it happened super quick rang lee and he got to hospital with 40 mins to spare so real labour was only 3.5 hours I got cut and just had gas and air god knows the state of down there as they stitched me up for over 2 hours, her blood sugars are all fine and she is perfect in every way!! Xx View attachment 89663

congratulations she is absolutely perfect. Well done you! Xx

Congrats @Outofsync !! Finally your baby dream has come true! She's gorgeous!
I'm so happy for you!
Hope the pain isn't too bad. How many stitches did you get? Did you tear?x

Sophie Hope arrived 10th Jan at 3.33am weighing 6lb 3oz. Got induced on Thursday morning at 9.30am with the balloon and was 3cm dilated but she was high up felt fine until midnight when I threw up four times and had waves of pain at 1.40am balloon came out and and I was at 10cm dilated with no pain relief it happened super quick rang lee and he got to hospital with 40 mins to spare so real labour was only 3.5 hours I got cut and just had gas and air god knows the state of down there as they stitched me up for over 2 hours, her blood sugars are all fine and she is perfect in every way!! Xx View attachment 89663
Congratulations xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back