** January 2020 Mummies **

Congratulations @Kitana that sounds like an excellent labour! Well done you!

My milk has just come in - bloody hell! It also means little one is finding latching more difficult again, I predict a very long night ahead :bored:

Congratulations kitana she is beautiful, god I’m so jealous of all of these fast labours, I was in labour for bloody days on end :rotfl:

Re the breastfeeding hope you guys don’t mind me threadhopping, as I’ve seen a few ladies commenting how hard it is - it will get easier I promise you, my little missy wasn’t interested in latching at first had to work really hard each time to get her to latch on for weeks, then when my full milk come in I ended up with engorgement and blockages which I had to work through, the first 6 weeks really are the hardest, I’m 9 months in now and still bf and I can say my success was down to just putting baby to breast constantly, getting through the cluster feeding sessions just by staying on the couch or bed with plenty of snacks and fluids, and crucially not supplenting with formula, as it will tank your supply - this doesn’t apply obviously if baby isn’t putting weight on and midwifes have advised to give it etc, it is well worth persevering with though if you are able to xx

@Kitana just seen on page one that you added your girl today? Does it mean you finally had little miss? If so, huge massive congratulations. You've finally got there.
@Lollypop79 only you left now I think.

@JemmaH2019 massive congratulations on your baby girl. Same day as my boy.

Omg, I can't believe this journey is all over now. How fast the time has just flown by is crazy

aw wow just me left. Congratulations @Kitana & @JemmaH2019
I had my growth scan on Monday at 15:40. She’s dropped down under the 10th centile again and currently breech. Been admitted for steroids in case need a c section and they are going to try turn her and induce straight away if successful. She has been flipping between breech and transverse the whole pregnancy, only been head down once. So i’m not long behind you all. Xx

aw wow just me left. Congratulations @Kitana & @JemmaH2019
I had my growth scan on Monday at 15:40. She’s dropped down under the 10th centile again and currently breech. Been admitted for steroids in case need a c section and they are going to try turn her and induce straight away if successful. She has been flipping between breech and transverse the whole pregnancy, only been head down once. So i’m not long behind you all. Xx
Thank you!
I hope she will change her mind and listen to mummy! When is induction/c section day?x

@Kitana - she is absolutely perfect. She is like a little dolly. <3
Well done darling and massive congratulations xxxx

Congratulations @Kitana shes beautiful! What a crazy quick delivery! X
Yes! Even the midwife was caught off guard! She was taking her sweet time getting ready for hospital and I kept thinking huuuurryyyyy!! But at least the agony was short lived lol
Thank you for your message!
@Kitana - she is absolutely perfect. She is like a little dolly. <3
Well done darling and massive congratulations xxxx
Thank you lovely! You will be next in less than 8 months! Can't wait to hear your birth story!x

Thank you!
I hope she will change her mind and listen to mummy! When is induction/c section day?x
I’m guessing Wednesday as I need a steroid injection at 6pm tonight and they won’t try the ecv until has that in case she gets distressed or doesn’t turn. Then can do c section xx

I’m guessing Wednesday as I need a steroid injection at 6pm tonight and they won’t try the ecv until has that in case she gets distressed or doesn’t turn. Then can do c section xx
Good luck with everything! Hopefully she will turn, keep imagining the perfect position and talk to her!

Congrats to all the January mums! it’s lovely seeing all your babies arriving.
Good luck to those remaining! X

Any updates @Lollypop79?

My god, just had a horrible night. She decided to cluster feed for 9 hours straight! I had a few breaks for 20 minutes or so but was so tired that I started crying. I was already up for 32 hours!

My nipples are killing me now though... The pain is toe curling when she starts to suck. Any tips to ease the pain? I got Lanisoh cream but don't know if it really helps.x

@Kitana Bless you, that sounds rough! I’ve just been using lanolin cream (so the same thing).

I’ve got the opposite problem at the moment where he just wants to sleep the entire time, I have to set an alarm every 3 hours to then attempt to wake him up, and he is stubborn! And doesn’t seem to appreciate being force fed boob :rotfl:

Any updates @Lollypop79?

My god, just had a horrible night. She decided to cluster feed for 9 hours straight! I had a few breaks for 20 minutes or so but was so tired that I started crying. I was already up for 32 hours!

My nipples are killing me now though... The pain is toe curling when she starts to suck. Any tips to ease the pain? I got Lanisoh cream but don't know if it really helps.x
I was breast feeding for 24 to 48 hours and then the pain was exactly same your feeling and I had to stop my toes literally curled with pain it was killing me, even after my boobs killed me I cried with pain they so engorged so believe it or not I put green cabbage leaves on my breast and oh my they helped me so much. Xx

Any updates @Lollypop79?

Use the cream after every feed even tho it seems too much, it makes a difference! Also I got silver nipple shields from Amazon and those are amazing. It's literally pure silver disk you place on top of your nipple and it both prevents them from drying out and speeds up healing and kills bacteria and prevents your nipples from rubbing against a bra. Cost about $50 but totally worth it.

I was breast feeding for 24 to 48 hours and then the pain was exactly same your feeling and I had to stop my toes literally curled with pain it was killing me, even after my boobs killed me I cried with pain they so engorged so believe it or not I put green cabbage leaves on my breast and oh my they helped me so much. Xx
I also have engorged breasts, one worse than the other. I did hot compress with strong ginger tea from fresh ginger and that helped a lot. Now I am trying the cabbage leaf, that's much easier to apply :)

The midwife came by today and she gave me a hydro something patch to put on the painful nipple. You have to put it in the fridge too, so it's nice and fresh. I hope it helps.
I have a flat nipple on one side and it hurt like hell when she tries to feed from it. That boob is getting engorged now too. Ugh.
First the joys of pregnancy, now of breastfeeding :lol:

Emilia was born this afternoon at 13:17!

I was at the birthing center for a check up with my midwife and was complaining about the pressure because it was so intense!
She checked me and was dilated 3cm. She hooked me up to the monitor and was checking the baby's heart rate and contractions. Was not having loads of them anyways. Then just before she wanted to remove the pads, I felt a pop and water leaking! I immediately called the OH to come over at 12h00. The midwife checked me again and was at 5cm. The OH arrived at 12:30. The contractions were horribly intense and long without much time in between them. Then at 13h00 I felt like I needed to push! The midwife wanted to leave for the hospital but told her I wouldn't make it! She checked again and was at 8cm! We went to the labour room, laid down on my side, pushed twice and gave birth at 13:17. The oh had helped sitting right next to me, took the baby from between my legs and handed her to me. It was a crazy fast labour and delivery. I expected it to be fast but not that fast!:love:
Sounds like my labour and delivery
Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back