** January 2020 Mummies **

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Kitana, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Darielle

Darielle Active Member

Congratulations @Kitana that sounds like an excellent labour! Well done you!

My milk has just come in - bloody hell! It also means little one is finding latching more difficult again, I predict a very long night ahead :bored:

DeniceF and Kitana like this.
  2. night owl

night owl Well-Known Member

Congratulations kitana she is beautiful, god I’m so jealous of all of these fast labours, I was in labour for bloody days on end :rotfl:

Re the breastfeeding hope you guys don’t mind me threadhopping, as I’ve seen a few ladies commenting how hard it is - it will get easier I promise you, my little missy wasn’t interested in latching at first had to work really hard each time to get her to latch on for weeks, then when my full milk come in I ended up with engorgement and blockages which I had to work through, the first 6 weeks really are the hardest, I’m 9 months in now and still bf and I can say my success was down to just putting baby to breast constantly, getting through the cluster feeding sessions just by staying on the couch or bed with plenty of snacks and fluids, and crucially not supplenting with formula, as it will tank your supply - this doesn’t apply obviously if baby isn’t putting weight on and midwifes have advised to give it etc, it is well worth persevering with though if you are able to xx

DeniceF and Kitana like this.
  3. Lollypop79

Lollypop79 Well-Known Member

aw wow just me left. Congratulations @Kitana & @JemmaH2019
    I had my growth scan on Monday at 15:40. She’s dropped down under the 10th centile again and currently breech. Been admitted for steroids in case need a c section and they are going to try turn her and induce straight away if successful. She has been flipping between breech and transverse the whole pregnancy, only been head down once. So i’m not long behind you all. Xx

Kitana likes this.
  4. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

Thank you!
    I hope she will change her mind and listen to mummy! When is induction/c section day?x

5. SugaryIris

SugaryIris Well-Known Member

Congratulations @Kitana shes beautiful! What a crazy quick delivery! X

Kitana likes this.
  6. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

@Kitana - she is absolutely perfect. She is like a little dolly. <3
    Well done darling and massive congratulations xxxx

Kitana likes this.
  7. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

Yes! Even the midwife was caught off guard! She was taking her sweet time getting ready for hospital and I kept thinking huuuurryyyyy!! But at least the agony was short lived lol
    Thank you for your message!
    Thank you lovely! You will be next in less than 8 months! Can't wait to hear your birth story!x

chattychar1990 likes this.
  8. Lollypop79

Lollypop79 Well-Known Member

I’m guessing Wednesday as I need a steroid injection at 6pm tonight and they won’t try the ecv until has that in case she gets distressed or doesn’t turn. Then can do c section xx

Kitana likes this.
  9. DeniceF

DeniceF Well-Known Member

Good luck with everything! Hopefully she will turn, keep imagining the perfect position and talk to her!

10. Niknaknoo

Niknaknoo Well-Known Member

Congrats to all the January mums! it’s lovely seeing all your babies arriving.
    Good luck to those remaining! X

Zara96 and Kitana like this.
  11. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

Good luck @Lollypop79 - I hope bubba arrives for you very soon xx

12. vampysgirl

vampysgirl Well-Known Member

Oh @Lollypop79 all the best little madam turns and behaves for you.

13. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

Any updates @Lollypop79?

My god, just had a horrible night. She decided to cluster feed for 9 hours straight! I had a few breaks for 20 minutes or so but was so tired that I started crying. I was already up for 32 hours!

My nipples are killing me now though... The pain is toe curling when she starts to suck. Any tips to ease the pain? I got Lanisoh cream but don't know if it really helps.x

14. Darielle

Darielle Active Member

@Kitana Bless you, that sounds rough! I’ve just been using lanolin cream (so the same thing).

I’ve got the opposite problem at the moment where he just wants to sleep the entire time, I have to set an alarm every 3 hours to then attempt to wake him up, and he is stubborn! And doesn’t seem to appreciate being force fed boob :rotfl:

Kitana likes this.
  15. Zara96

Zara96 Well-Known Member

How is everyone doing with their babies ? Xx

16. Zara96

Zara96 Well-Known Member

I was breast feeding for 24 to 48 hours and then the pain was exactly same your feeling and I had to stop my toes literally curled with pain it was killing me, even after my boobs killed me I cried with pain they so engorged so believe it or not I put green cabbage leaves on my breast and oh my they helped me so much. Xx

Kitana likes this.
  17. DeniceF

Use the cream after every feed even tho it seems too much, it makes a difference! Also I got silver nipple shields from Amazon and those are amazing. It's literally pure silver disk you place on top of your nipple and it both prevents them from drying out and speeds up healing and kills bacteria and prevents your nipples from rubbing against a bra. Cost about $50 but totally worth it.

Kitana likes this.
  18. DeniceF

I also have engorged breasts, one worse than the other. I did hot compress with strong ginger tea from fresh ginger and that helped a lot. Now I am trying the cabbage leaf, that's much easier to apply :)

Zara96 likes this.
  19. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

The midwife came by today and she gave me a hydro something patch to put on the painful nipple. You have to put it in the fridge too, so it's nice and fresh. I hope it helps.
    I have a flat nipple on one side and it hurt like hell when she tries to feed from it. That boob is getting engorged now too. Ugh.
    First the joys of pregnancy, now of breastfeeding :lol:

20. Baby Ali

Baby Ali Well-Known Member

Sounds like my labour and delivery
    Congratulations!

Kitana likes this.