** January 2020 Mummies **

@vampysgirl Neil will sleep for 2-2.5 hrs usually from 9ish till 11:30, followed by a feed and on good nights another 2.5hrs of sleep...after that he wakes up unhappy and full of energy :doh:So the struggle is from 4 or 5am till 6 or 7am... Then during the day his naps are only 1-1.5hrs long and sometimes even just 20min. Can't wait until he's bigger and can do longer naps both day and night.

My OH went back to work today... it has been OK so far but I'm so looking forward to my parents visiting in 2 weeks.

I hope everyone is enjoying (surviving!) these first few weeks!

Charlie generally sleeps for 3 hours ish day and night, I still sometimes have to wake him up to get him to feed or he’d probably sleep for 5 hours (I’m sure I’ll appreciate that later on!).

Had my 10 day midwife visit and been discharged to the health visitor tomorrow who should weigh him again, I’m hoping he should be close to birth weight again would be good. Also been referred to breast feeding support which I’m looking forward too, still battling with latching at every feed and got one engorged boob with a very sore nipple :-?

Is anyone else still super emotional? I keep crying on everyone who comes to visit which is a bit embarrassing as things are generally going pretty well! :roll: I am very anxious about my husband going back to work as he’s been so amazing at helping out and sorting the house out.

@Kitana I'm lucky to get 2-3 hours sleep at night at the moment. It's slowly grinding away on me.
I'm scared when OH goes back to work next week how I'll coop with little one and going school runs in the morning...
How often does he feed?
The school run was easier than I thought this morning! She was asleep when I was getting DD1 ready and a soon as I was ready with Emilia, I put her in the carrycot and she fell asleep. Phew! Thought I would battling a toddler while wrestling a newborn around my boob lol

Charlie generally sleeps for 3 hours ish day and night, I still sometimes have to wake him up to get him to feed or he’d probably sleep for 5 hours (I’m sure I’ll appreciate that later on!).

Had my 10 day midwife visit and been discharged to the health visitor tomorrow who should weigh him again, I’m hoping he should be close to birth weight again would be good. Also been referred to breast feeding support which I’m looking forward too, still battling with latching at every feed and got one engorged boob with a very sore nipple :-?

Is anyone else still super emotional? I keep crying on everyone who comes to visit which is a bit embarrassing as things are generally going pretty well! :roll: I am very anxious about my husband going back to work as he’s been so amazing at helping out and sorting the house out.
Awww it's normal to be a bit emotional, all those hormones are plunging down and wreaking havoc on your body. It's also your first, so it's normal to be a bit overwhelmed, certainly with breastfeeding. It's so challenging the first 2 weeks. At least you reached out for help, but remember that if it doesn't work out, there is no shame except your own! Sending you loads of hugs!:hug:x

Oh, lucky you! 3hrs of sleep is a good stretch!
I'm glad you wrote about being emotional because I've been crying like a fountain! And not because of being sad, just the opposite! I will look at OH playing with the baby and my heart would melt at how cute they are and there go the tears... Or I would get dinner in bed and a kiss and I'd think about how I am so blessed in my life and there go tears again...or I think about single moms and how much they probably struggle and I would cry again.... But last couple of days it's been getting much better on the emotional side so I think it's really just my body adjusting to the hormones :)

@Kitana sounds like it went great!

Thanks @Kitana :)

@DeniceF I know what you mean! My husband keeps coming into the room to find me crying and it freaks him out and most of the time it’s literally about nothing :rotfl: I am feeling quite nervous about him going back to work tomorrow, but I think once I realise I can do one day by myself it’s just a confidence thing. It doesn’t help that I’m still not very mobile between the stitches and a dodgy hip.

Just had health visitor out and he’s gained 2oz above birth weight :dance: Definitely makes the breastfeeding battle worthwhile.

Health visitor has just been and ronan is now above birth weight. Only a small bit but he's putting on weight nicely and I'm over the moon. He's now 7lb6.5oz which is 1.5oz above birth weight. Bonus, the health visitor is super friendly and nothing like the witch I had with my last son
Have to go for hearing screening tomorrow, as he failed the one at hospital. No concern though, as we know he can hear alright. It's just when they tested at the hospital, he was only 3 hours old and most likely still had waters in his ears.
Then also got my midwife appointment to get discharged. I know it's silly but feeling emotional about that. I loved my midwife and will be sad to say good bye to her.

Health visitor has just been and ronan is now above birth weight. Only a small bit but he's putting on weight nicely and I'm over the moon. He's now 7lb6.5oz which is 1.5oz above birth weight. Bonus, the health visitor is super friendly and nothing like the witch I had with my last son
Have to go for hearing screening tomorrow, as he failed the one at hospital. No concern though, as we know he can hear alright. It's just when they tested at the hospital, he was only 3 hours old and most likely still had waters in his ears.
Then also got my midwife appointment to get discharged. I know it's silly but feeling emotional about that. I loved my midwife and will be sad to say good bye to her.
That's the reason why they stopped doing the hearing test at hospital in Belgium after birth, too many babies fail the test but pass a week or two later.
How did it go?x

That's the reason why they stopped doing the hearing test at hospital in Belgium after birth, too many babies fail the test but pass a week or two later.
How did it go?x

All went well. I had no doubt about his hearing anyway.
The nurse said it's crazy how many parents end up with her as the baby fails the test in hospital. Just silly of you ask me, plus it causes unnecessary stress for parents, especially first time ones.
I agree with how you do it in Belgium, rather a week or 2 after birth.

Hi ladies,
Kyria-May is doing great and piling on the pounds heres a photo. However I was emitted to hospital on thursday away from my baby girl and it killed me for 1 night and 2 days I had kidney stones but on the mend now and back at home with my baby. My mom was gem she stayed at mine and looked after Kyria-May for me. I hope everyone is doing ok and there babies are doing well to. Xxx

Screenshot_20200126-200930_Gallery.jpg

Hi ladies,
Kyria-May is doing great and piling on the pounds heres a photo. However I was emitted to hospital on thursday away from my baby girl and it killed me for 1 night and 2 days I had kidney stones but on the mend now and back at home with my baby. My mom was gem she stayed at mine and looked after Kyria-May for me. I hope everyone is doing ok and there babies are doing well to. Xxx

View attachment 89821
She's beautiful hun!
I can't imagine how horrible it must have been. I've heard kidney stones are excruciating. Glad to hear you are better!x

The midwife came by on Friday and weighed Emilia, she had gained 100g in 6 days and she said it should be at least 120g, she told me to supplement with 20g of formula every night or to start pumping which I thought was ridiculous. I didn't do either btw, and she has gained 80g over the last 2 days. I hate how they make you feel like you're failing. Even the oh was annoyed. She just gets fed on demand and she has loads of wet diapers. I don't want to fall into the pumping/formula trap again like last time.x

IMG-20200123-WA0011.jpg

Good to hear it all went well!
How are the babies, ladies?x
I'm doing ok, some days are better but some days are rough. Neil had a crazy couple of days where he was only sleeping 45min at a time and wanted to breastfeed every hour :bored: Then today he bolts right awake every time I put him down... I've decided that if things don't get better by the time he is 6 weeks old, I'm gna talk to a sleep consultant.
I also had a fight with my OH today because we were planning to have friends (1 couple) visit and he went ahead and scheduled 2 more visits on the same day... we had people at our house for 7 hrs straight and it was too much!
I just hope tomorrow is one of the better days...

@Zara96 ooh, I can only imagine how hard it must have been to be away! Great that you had your mom taking care of the little cutie pie while you were away.

@Kitana yes, it's horrible when they use some statistical averages as a standard for all babies. Awesome that you trust yourself and the baby to find your way. She looks like a healthy beautiful doll :)

I'm doing ok, some days are better but some days are rough. Neil had a crazy couple of days where he was only sleeping 45min at a time and wanted to breastfeed every hour :bored: Then today he bolts right awake every time I put him down... I've decided that if things don't get better by the time he is 6 weeks old, I'm gna talk to a sleep consultant.
I also had a fight with my OH today because we were planning to have friends (1 couple) visit and he went ahead and scheduled 2 more visits on the same day... we had people at our house for 7 hrs straight and it was too much!
I just hope tomorrow is one of the better days...
I'd be so angry as well. I've held off baby visits for now. Only close relatives were allowed to come over.
Your OH should have discussed it with you.

Emilia also wakes up whenever I put her down but will snooze happily in my arms. She usually falls asleep after a few minutes though, I have a large triangular pillow on which I put the baby nest so she's a bit inclined. It helps when they don't like to be put down on a flat surface since their milk comes back up. Before I had the baby nest, I would put the pregnancy pillow in a U-shape around her body, resting her legs on top of the pillow at the bottom, babies like to feel cuddled, so it would relax her as well. Maybe you could try inclining his bed or something, with a few books, see if he's willing to sleep like that?
My DD1 only started to sleep a bit longer from 8 weeks onwards, but she had a cow's milk protein allergy and we had switched to a hypoallergenic formula at 8 weeks. Is he breastfed of formula fed?x

@Zara96 Bless you, hope you’re feeling better and enjoying cuddles now you’re back home.

@Kitana That is so frustrating! With all the issues I had with feeding early on, formula was never mentioned once. I did express early on when he wouldn’t feed at the boob, but even then they tried to minimise the amount of time that was done for.

@DeniceF We have also kept visitors to a minimum, extended family and friends have been told to wait till February :rotfl: At the moment, I stay in bed till about midday with him so we can get a bit more sleep anyway.

We've had a bit of a fussier night and day, same as what some of you mentioned, he’s fine while in my arms but as soon as I go to put him down so we can sleep he starts stirring. I’ve got him in a swaddle sleeping bag which had helped before but not so much now, tried white noise last night which helped as long as he wasn’t wide awake. I’m getting a lot more sleep than some of you guys and I’m still shattered, I don’t know how you do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back