***January 2017 mummies!*** 3rd Trimester

Glad to hear! I've got glucose test tomorrow and not really looking forward to having to fast from 10pm this evening :/ xx

That was the hardest bit Laura! So I was naughty and treated myself to a macdonalds after it was all over haha xxx make sure you take a book or some company as it does get dull. I was reading my way through 'The Unmummsy Mum' it's hilarious xxxx

It's definitely not as bad as you think like abi says can be a little boring but take a book & eat afterwards! Someone's mum came with her during mine & was munching on a toasted tea cake & I wanted to punch her in the face why would you do that in a room full of starving pregnant women !!

Ha that woman was brave!

I'm starting to get a bit stressed about the fact that our room and babies' room is still in complete chaos. At the moment there is just stuff everywhere, mainly clothes and bits people have given me. It's just piled up at the moment because upstairs is being painted and then I need to get furniture in and then I need to wash everything that's second hand and put it away.. oh and organise it into sizes because it's all just jumbled at the moment. So much to dooooo and I'm relying on the painter to come in next week and finish the painting.

We have decided to get the hospital bag ready, so I've made a list of things to pack and need to get round to the shops and pick up some bits. We had a weird moment when we realised that it's almost time to go out and buy our first box of nappies, so we have some to take with us in the hospital bag. So exciting!! xxx

Laura it'll all come together I'm sure :) we are still living out of hubby's old bedroom at his mum & dads and our house is no where near finished !
I did wash some baby clothes the other day which was very exciting & I have a bag nearly packed lol feels so surreal doesn't it! X

We are the same. We have gone from having an organised house to caos everywhere!! Being back at work hasn't helped and now Oh has taken on another job the house is being neglected haha!

My 3 sisters took me for afternoon tea baby shower today! It was so nice as we rarely all get together !! ❤️❤️❤️

Hello ladies :wave: I found the thread. :) Third trimester for me today woohoo :dance: Almost there! :lol:

Welcome Papermoon! What's your due date? I'll add it to the beginning of the thread. Are you team blue?

What's the glucose test? Had a midwife appointment today and she asked me if I'd had my Lucozade! Just looked at her blankly! She realised she hadn't asked me before and said she'd explain later but then we both forgot!

Yay Papermoon for tri 3 xx

Blueflower the glucose is the Gtt which is the test for gestational diabetes you fast overnight then have a blood test, they give you a bottle of lucozade to drink while fasting then have a second blood test two hours later x

If only it was lucazade! It's like it but undiluted almost so quite thick texture. You get offered one if your starring BMI was over 30 or you have family history of diabetes I think xxxxx

Oh I'll have to ask her next time, or maybe I'll ring up. BMI was 24 I think and not sure about my family medical history as I'm adopted.
Thanks!

I think everyone has the glucose test at 28 weeks. Well, they do in my area I believe. For me it was a bottle of lucozade (disgusting) followed by 3 rounds of blood tests. I've just got home from it and I went straight to wagamamas on the way home, on my own, and sat there devouring my teriyaki chicken. I was the first customer of the day lol xx

Any other twin mummies enjoying the looks of horror when people ask "when's the baby due" and you correct "babies"?

I think everyone has the glucose test at 28 weeks. Well, they do in my area I believe. For me it was a bottle of lucozade (disgusting) followed by 3 rounds of blood tests. I've just got home from it and I went straight to wagamamas on the way home, on my own, and sat there devouring my teriyaki chicken. I was the first customer of the day lol xx

I'd better phone the clinic and check as I'm 30 weeks on Friday!

Any other twin mummies enjoying the looks of horror when people ask "when's the baby due" and you correct "babies"?

They usually say "wow, double trouble!" or something. One lady asked me when the happy event was, I said around Christmas time and she said "ooh a nativity!" I told her it was 2 babies! If there is a nativity scene somewhere and I have them with me I'd be very tempted to put them in the 'manger' and take a photo! Is that weird?!!

I was measured 37 weeks for a singleton yesterday!

Hahaha that sounds like something my oh would do with the nativity scene.

Hm yeah check if it's routine in your area to do GTT. I say it because when I told my twin mummy friend I was having it done, she said "don't they always do that now?" and she's in London. The blood lady at the hospital today also said something about how they won't do my usual one later as they have done this one a bit early.

My moses basket is set up :) I went into John Lewis and got the fitted sheet for it today. I've just got to keep the door closed to my room now, as a certain cheeky, fluffy little guy would give his left paw for a snooze in there! xx

Last edited:
Mmm wish I had a wagamummas near me!

Wow blue, so do twins make you measure a lot further ahead than singles? Is that as silly question lol.

My other half went to a family funeral yesterday and his parents who are usually quite blunt about how much weight I've put on since being with him apparently complimented me on how well I've done to have such a neat bump and no extra weight elsewhere and everyone else agrees. I was very chuffed!! Espesh considering that I know I have put on a lot around my hips and thighs ! :')

I wish I could fall asleep for 13 weeks and have squiggle here now!! Xxxxx

Yes at nearly 7 months with twins you are the size of about 8 months! That's good BlondeP!
Booked my glucose test for next week, the receptionist said I didn't have to fast though, just the Lucozade and nothing else 45 minutes before the appointment. Hope that's correct!

Blueflower I would double check the fasting as it's unusal for this particular test not to be fasting as they check the way your gluscose rises after the lucozade. I could be wrong but I've not heard of a non fasting one? It's not routine for everyone in our area though, only people with the risk factors. X

I'm about the same size as my nearly full term singleton mums in our. NCT group lol! But luckily people are surprised how I'm only bump so far ! I said wait for a few more weeks ha ha

Mmmm Wagamamas and chicken katsu curry!

Laura exciting that Moses basket is up yay x

Had my last shift at work today ! Very surreal ! The girls did a lovely lunch buffet and I got some vouchers and a lovely nappy cake with a bottle of prosecco tucked inside ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back