*** February 2020 mummies ***

That sounds super cute @EskimoGem. Can’t wait to see all these finished nurseries!

I’ve not thought to try the music. I’ll need to give that a go. I’ve forever got the Alexa on so I’m sure she’d love it!

When have you decided to finish up work? I have 3 weeks of annual leave to tag onto the end so I was hoping to finish up about 36 weeks - worried how much I’ll struggle doing night shifts until then. I have a weeks annual leave in December so could cancel that and finish a week earlier, but then it’s 10 weeks of straight nights until I’m done. Not sure what to do! Xx

@EskimoGem it was a ballad by a band I like. Guitar solo & everything haha. I love the sound of your nursery too.

@MrsS15 my holidays run from Jan to Dec so I'm breaking up for maternity on 31/1 & officaly back to work on 1/9 but using 15 days hol so back on 22/9.

I bought the cutest tartan babygrow from Sainsburys today. I love tartan. I'm like a magpie with it so I had to have it.

My holidays are April to March. My maternity will officially start around my due date then I’ll be due back end of November but I’ll have 7 weeks annual leave to use so I’m going to add 6 weeks on to take me over Xmas/NY, otherwise I’ll be working it. I’ll definitely be working Xmas this year :( I only work part time now, I went back part time after my last baby, so my maternity pay is going to be shit :lol: need to laugh or I’ll cry!!

I’ll need to go look for that in Sainsbury’s. Love tartan, but I’m totally biased :lol: xx

I only get SMP in my job & we're going to really struggle when I'm off. It's rubbish. Worked there for 7 years & to not be given anything extra.

Finances are causing a lot of anxiety.

I'll upload a photo of it tomorrow. It's so cute & was only £8.00.

Sainsbury’s do some amazing baby clothes! I’ve bought sleep bags and muslins from there too.

I’m finishing mid Jan, when I’ll be 36 weeks, but taking the rest of Jan as annual leave, with mat leave officially starting the beginning of Feb.
I’m hoping to then be off until the following Jan, taking the whole of December as annual leave, but that’s still to be agreed by my line manger...

I agree that money is a stress!

Got my rescheduled 25 week midwife appointment this afternoon, so hoping to get everything sorted with maternity leave soon as I’ll get my MatB1 form!

When's your appointment? Mine's Monday, can't wait to hear her heartbeat again.

I have a mental health assessment on Friday. I suffer with anxiety disorder which has been hellish whilst I've been pregnant so I'm hoping it'll help.

It was yesterday afternoon, was so lovely to hear the heartbeat! Everything was fine, measuring in the 95th centile though, which now has me panicking that I’m gonna have a huge baby!

Got everything crossed that your assessment on Friday goes well @Everdreamer keep us posted on how you are :angel:

It’s awful you can work for a company for so long and they can get away with giving you such a rubbish pay. It does cause a lot of stress. I’m going to call payroll and ask for a breakdown of what I might get. Ours is based on our wages during certain months and I’ve asked to split mine so I get equal payments each month. Means I’ll earn less each month but I’ll have pay every month I’m off. @EskimoGem thats exactly what I’m hoping to do with my leave too. Only 10 more weeks to work :wall2: :lol:

So glad your appointment went well, hearing the heartbeat is amazing. Don’t stress about the growth either, they can be so inaccurate. I have a growth scan in 3 weeks and even that I’ll take with a pinch of salt.

@Everdreamer good luck for Friday. I hope you haven’t been suffering too badly and I really hope the appointment helps :( xx

I’m hoping to do the same @MrsS15 and split my maternity payments equally...that way I’ll always be getting something :angel:

Bought more baby clothes from Sainsbury’s this evening ha ha...

Yeah that’s my plan too. I’ve tried to roughly work out what I’ll get - I’m already thinking I’ll be poor so I hope it’s not worse than I think :lol:

Aw you have to show us! I’ve been so sick today, baby clothes cheer me up <3

This is one of my favourite outfits - a gift from my lovely friend who I actually met on this forum when we were pregnant with our last babies <3

5454D673-1A07-4FD8-90F4-2EFB9D89204F.jpeg

Aw I love that one. Has your local shop got the Peter Rabbit range in? I wanted everything.

Not that I’ve seen @Everdreamer I’ll definitely need to go back now!!

Another week of work down. Only 8 more working weeks and I’ll be finishing up. It can’t come fast enough. I can’t believe I’ll be in trimester 3 soon :shock: so scary xx

That does seem scary!

We nipped into Mothercare today but everything was only 10% off so no bargains really.

I was going to go into the mothercare beside my mum today but my sister said the same - a really crap sale! I looked online and everything with a decent amount off was sold out. Everything!! It’s really sad to see these big shops go!

Hows everyone’s weekend? We had my SILs 40th last night. It’s the first time I’ve got myself all dressed up and done hair and make up in so long. I was knackered after a few hours sleep from night shift but it felt good! My mum had the boys overnight too so I’ve had a lovely lie in and still sitting in my pjs contemplating leaving them there all day :lol: xx

I bet it was fun to be out though. Haha what time did you pick them up?

Chilled weekend here. We walked down to a remembrence service this morning & then spent the rest of the day on the sofa. Currently waiting for my OH to finish Sunday dinner.

Seeing the midwife tomorrow. What does the 25 week appointment normally entail?

We picked them up at 2. Went for a sneaky lunch first :lol: oops! it was nice to be out and remember I’m not just a pukey pregnant woman haha!

I seen the midwife at 24 weeks but I’m sure appointments are the same - I had blood pressure and urine check. Then she listened to the heartbeat and measured fundal height to check baby is on track. Then just general chit chat, any swelling, do you feel movement etc! I liked my appointment. I hope yours goes well. I have my next appointment at 28+5. Getting a growth scan then seeing the midwife and consultant! Xx

I had a chilled weekend too, I just don’t seem to have any energy after working all week!

I’m having my glucose tolerance test this morning, just had the first bloods taken and had the glucose drink (which tasted like flat Lucozade!)... got to sit here now for 2 hours before the next bloods are taken!
Anyone else having the glucose tolerance test?

I haven’t ever had it @EskimoGem - I’ve been lucky to avoid it all 3 pregnancies! How did you get on? Hope the results were okay! Xx

Did it go well?

I'm currently waiting to see the MW. She's running late but at least it means a bit more time away from the office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back