*** February 2020 mummies ***

MrsS15

Reaction score
Can’t believe we’re in the second trimester already. So exciting!

Let me know your due dates and if/when you find out the sex :D

Due dates.. :bump:

13th - MrsS15 :yellow:
14th- EskimoGem :pink:
18th - Nutsy :yellow:
22nd - Everdreamer :yellow:

Last edited:
Thank you for setting up the second trimester thread @MrsS15 :)

I can’t believe we’re in the second trimester already, time is passing so quickly!

Thank you for setting up the second trimester thread @MrsS15 :)

I can’t believe we’re in the second trimester already, time is passing so quickly!

You’re welcome :) I’m Leah btw!

I’ve felt like it was going super fast until now. I don’t know if it’s because I still feel rotten or if time is going slower :lol: I found babies heartbeat on my Doppler today which was lovely and reassuring xx

My due date is the 18th although I’ll deliver before as I’ll be having a c-section.

My due date is the 18th although I’ll deliver before as I’ll be having a c-section.

I’ve added you lovely. You could end up first the first February mummy!! Xx

Hi ladies. Thanks for the new thread although I'm not technically in tri 2 until Saturday but it won't be long!

There's so few of us in here.

Has anybody been watching Emma Willis' show, Delivering Babies? I love it but I cry every time. I just can't believe I'll be doing that in 6 months' time. :eek:

Got my section date. Baby will be born on the 14th . It does seem very quiet in here.

I cant believe how little of us there is. I was a December 2017 mummy and there was like 20 of us!

That’s great you’ve got a date nutsy. That’s valentines forever overshadowed for you :lol: lovely date though. I’m due the day before so could be joining you!

I haven’t watched that show yet, I’ll maybe need to try it. Not sure if I want reminded just yet of what I’m going to be going through again haha xx

It's a good show. The emergencies terrify me though.

I'm feeling so rubbish today. Got home from work & cried. I woke up with a headache & I've spent all day at work feeling dizzy, lightheaded or 'fuzzy'. Like I keep feeling like I'm going to faint.

Aw @Everdreamer you poor thing. I’ve been having the headaches for almost 2 weeks now. They’re really debilitating. I’ve had them with both my boys too. They don’t last long which is all that’s keeping me going! I hope it was even a once off for you! Can you take some time off tomorrow?

I’m joining you with the crying though. I feel totally miserable tonight, I’m really struggling with my toddler when I feel so bad. Still spewing a lot, the headaches and tonight the ligament pains I’ve been having are actually making me sob. I’m so fed up. I desperately want to enjoy this pregnancy but I’m hating every damn second! Xx

I can't have time off tomorrow. I've already had a few days off sick since becoming pg & we're short staffed atm so not fair on everyone else. I go to Sicily on 20th Sept so i'm clinging on until then.

I suffer with headaches & migraines normally anyway. I get them usually at least once a week but migraine tablets or co-codomol normally gets rid of them. I'm just finding it hard now as I can only take paracetamol & they don't touch the pain. The fuzziness is usually migraine related or anxiety/stress related which I am all the time atm.

Sorry to hear you're struggling too. I keep waiting for the nausea to stop & this magic energy to appear but at the moment it seems like it never will.

I admire you going through this with a toddler. I honestly could not do it.

I also look like I've eaten way too much pizza! I am normally small with no tummy so this is a bit mad.

Last edited:
That’s a shame but I totally understand. What do you work as? I’ve been off work for a few weeks but I couldn’t physically do my job. I’m a children’s nurse and do 12.5 shifts - I do permanent night shifts too!! I’ve lost over a stone with the sickness now and it’s flooring me. I’ve cried quite a lot today and tonight I’ve felt so awful. I have an almost 11 year old too and he’s getting so concerned at how dire I’m feeling. He’s such a sweet mummies boy, I feel so bad him seeing me such a state!

Look at your bump <3 I’m feeling the same, suddenly a big rounded bump out of nowhere. I remember with both my boys I’ve sprung out of nowhere (although I’m bigger this time) and I didn’t get much bigger at all from now until 20+ weeks. Perhaps you’ll be the same!

I feel you on the migraines. I’m quite prone too and paracetamol is doing nothing. Have you tried the kool and soothe sheets? My friend sent me them to try, she found them really helpful in her pregnancy. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you! Xx

Your job sounds so full on. I do Internal Sales & Finance so it's a desk job 9 hours a day. We don't really get breaks. I have my lunch at my desk so staring at the screen doesn't help. It's not hugely demanding but I'm just finding it hard being there. Especially come the afternoon when the sickness hits me.

Aw it's sweet your son's concerned for you. I really hope you start feeling better soon though & manage to keep food in. You always feel so much worse when you can't eat.

I still think my bump is mostly bloat. I can't fit in my trousers anymore though which is making dressing for work interesting in a morning. :D

I haven't tried the cooling sheets but i'll definitely go out & get some, thank you.

Hope you feel better too!

Got my 20 week scan date through the post this morning, eeek! 24th Sep, when I’ll be 19+4 <3

How has everyone’s week been? I’ve still been feeling totally rotten. None of my medication seems to be working. I’m due back to work a week on Monday and I genuinely have no idea how I’ll cope. I’m still vomiting and nauseous 24/7. It’s making me incredibly down! I think I’ll go back to the GP next week and hope there’s something else I can try!

How have you been @Everdreamer ? Have the headaches eased? Mine haven’t in the slightest. Another thing I’ll need to mention if I go to the GP!

@EskimoGem that’s great. So exciting! I have my 20 week scan on the 26th of September, I’ll be 20 weeks exactly!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend xx

Sorry you're still unwell. Do you think your GP will sign you off?

My headaches are still bad. I have one pretty much everyday & the nausea is still pretty much all day. Yesterday it was awful.

We booked our 20 week scan at the hospital on the day we had our dating scan. It's 10th Oct so still feels ages away. I'll be 20 + 5 then!

So sorry to hear that you’re both still feeling unwell @MrsS15 and @Everdreamer :sad: fingers crossed you start to feel better soon!
This week was the first week since finding out I’m pregnant that I’ve felt more like myself...still tired, but not completely exhausted like I have been (thank god!)

So excited for our gender reveal scan, 5 more sleeps! :dance:

The headaches are getting harder to deal with. I've had this once since Weds last week now. I wake up to one everyday & the pain gets worse as the day goes on.

Currently waiting for the midwife to phone me back as I can't keep going on with this. It's making me miserable.

How did you get on when the midwife called you back @Everdreamer ??

I’ve had my 16 weeks midwife appointment this morning, nothing much happened! Just blood pressure taken and whooping cough vaccination booked...she didn’t listen for the baby’s heartbeat :sad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back