*** February 2020 mummies ***

The actual test was fine, the glucose drink they give you tastes a bit like flat Lucozade! And it was quite nice to sit and do nothing for a couple of hours after drinking it :)
I should get the results this week, hoping I don’t have GD...I had to have the test with being 35 and having a family history of diabetes. My mum had GD with both her pregnancies!

All good. Growing well & she kept kicking the doppler every time my midwife found the hb. The first one startled her & she nearly dropped the doppler :smile:

Midwife called her a little madam.

Fingers crossed your results go well.

Fingers crossed for you @EskimoGem really hope you don’t have it!

Aw @Everdreamer sounds like she’s doing fab. I can’t wait for my scan in two weeks. When I had a scan at this point with G we could see he had hair, it was amazing <3 I’m intrigued to know what size she roughly is too. I feel so much smaller than I was with her brothers! Xx

I got a phone call from the hospital this afternoon to confirm that I have gestational diabetes :-(
I have to go back to the hospital on Friday to collect my blood sugar monitor and then attend my first antenatal diabetes clinic next Tuesday...

Hopefully I’ll be able to manage it with diet and not have to take any medication!

I got a phone call from the hospital this afternoon to confirm that I have gestational diabetes :-(
I have to go back to the hospital on Friday to collect my blood sugar monitor and then attend my first antenatal diabetes clinic next Tuesday...

Hopefully I’ll be able to manage it with diet and not have to take any medication!

Aw I’m so sorry :( how rotten for you! Like you said, hopefully it can be diet controlled throughout and no medication needed. It’s not the worst if you do though and it won’t be for long <3 hope you’re okay xx

Thank you @MrsS15 <3
I’m feeling ok about it, my husband is definitely more worried about it than I am!

I’m trying to see the positives, as it’s likely I’ll be offered growth scans so will see baby more and it’s likely I won’t go over my due date either...so there’s a bit of a silver lining!

Sorry about your news but as you say, think of the positives & at least you know they're keeping a close eye on you & baby.

That’s a great way to look at it @EskimoGem - definitely enjoy the positives to it and hopefully it’ll be straightforward until baby is here!

I had a bit of a scare yesterday. I was driving home and suddenly had awful pains in my stomach, it was a constant pain. I got home and felt like I needed a pee but when I went it was agony and the pain spread up my side and back. My stomach was brick hard and I couldn’t get baby to move. Ended up in hospital with a kidney infection. On strong anti biotics and pain killers. It’s been rotten :( but baby seems much happier kicking away today. I’ve still been sick every day but yesterday was much worse. Hoping it was just a one off :cry: this pregnancy is kicking my ass! Can’t believe I’m now in the third trimester. My ticker says 90 days to go. That’s so scary :shock:

Hope you’re all well xx

@MrsS15 oh God. How scary for you. Glad it wasn't anything too serious & baby seems happier now you have some meds.

You're in tri 3 already? It still seems so far. I'm 26 weeks tomorrow.

I can't believe you're still being sick too. You must be so fed up with it. 90 days sounds like nothing though.

My LG had been really active the last couple of days but quieter today. I can still feel her but she seems a bit lazier. Maybe she's due a bit of a growth spurt or something.

Hi my name is Claire and I am new to this pregnancy forum. I am expecting my little bundle of joy on 29th feb! Just thought I would say hi. I have my Gd test coming up and I am 25 weeks tomorrow I am loving being pregnant just feeling the kicks are amazing xx

Hi my name is Claire and I am new to this pregnancy forum. I am expecting my little bundle of joy on 29th feb! Just thought I would say hi. I have my Gd test coming up and I am 25 weeks tomorrow I am loving being pregnant just feeling the kicks are amazing xx

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Do you know what you're having?

Thank you. The anti biotics seem to be kicking in and baby is much happier. The pain is a lot better too. I managed to go to work last night and survived :lol: I was awfully sick the last two days. So far today has been better. Surely I’ll get a break now? :lol:

All my apps say 27 weeks is 3rd trimester. I’ll make a new thread next week when we’ll all be there :D

Hows baby today? Feeling more movements? The midwife at the hospital said to me on Thursday that baby at this stage is still very small and doesn’t have consistent movement so as long as you still feel some form of movement they’re happy with that. Hope that reassures you!

Congratulations Claire and welcome. I’m Leah, this is baby number 3 for me. I have two boys and this is a little girl! Hope your GD test goes well xx

No it's a surprise x

Aw how lovely. We're all having girls I think so I wonder what yours will be.

@MrsS15 she's been kicking a bit this morning. My MW on Mon said I should now be feeling her everyday & when I next see her at 28 weeks, she expects I'll have a pattern. I'm not worrying as long as I feel her everyday & I'm sure some days babies are quieter anyway.

I'm crossing everything for you that you get some rest from the sickness.

27 weeks is tri 3? I thought it was 28 so i'll take that. Exciting to be moving over!

I think this little monkey definitely has a pattern but at night time. I feel some movement during the day but it’s not until I’m sitting at night she goes mental. Or in a bath, she makes the whole bath ripple I love it :lol: I’m sure as long as you feel some definite movements each day it’s enough at this point!

The anti biotics have settled and aren’t making me as sick, they were adding to my daily sickness and it was horrendous. The infection definitely seems to be settling thankfully. I’m just struggling a lot with 12.5 hour night shifts now. I was hoping to work until 36 weeks but the ward is so busy! Last week I had two 15 minute breaks the entire night. I could barely crawl into bed I was so tired. Hoping my boss will let me change it to 35 weeks!

I think this page says 27 weeks is third tri? Although the NHS says 28 weeks is. I’ll go with this site, sounds closer to the end :lol: xx

Oh my gosh @MrsS15 that must’ve been so scary, I’m glad the antibiotics are working and both you and baby are ok <3

Welcome @Queenramage ... a potential leap year baby!

I was confused about when the third trimester starts too, some apps say 27 weeks, some say 28! I’m with you @Everdreamer and will take 27 weeks!

I had my first GD appointment on Friday and got my blood sugar monitor...levels have been high all weekend :-(
They did mention that I’m likely to be induced at 38 weeks due to the GD, which seems so close! Got my first clinic appointment on Tuesday so should hopefully find out more then.

Thank you @EskimoGem :) definitely feeling a difference every day. Back to work tomorrow, I’m on a shift countdown!

Good luck for your appointment tomorrow. I hope you hear good news! Being induced at 38 weeks does sound so close :shock: I feel like we’ll be in single figures in no time! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back