*~* February 2017 yummy mummies - the last trimester *~*

Pinkbunny, thats good the iron levels are ok enough to be controlled with diet. Hopefully it stays that way!!

Bethany that sounds like braxton hicks. In my first pregnancy they started at 28 weeks, second at 22 weeks but this time they started at 16 weeks!! They make the uterus go really tight and sometimes its spreads to the nether regions and across the lower back. However they don't hurt as such, just stop me in my tracks and take my breath away. So long as they dont get regular and closer together etc then they're all healthy and a sign your body is prepping itself for labour.

Kimmy, dont worry you're not alone. I've bought a few things for this baby and im very excited about its arrival however I havent sorted names, havent even thought about getting clothes down from the loft to sort and wash, its room is still an office and still haven't thought about childcare for my 2 daughters for the birth. Also ive bought lots of things 2nd hand like the next2me crib and a rocker and i need to get new mattresses and clean them all thoroughly which I dont want to even think about doing right now. I reckon after christmas I'll be all go go go but for now life is just so busy.

Weve just got back from a lovely family holiday and are well into the christmas spirit! Not looking forward to getting back into the usual routine though!

Last edited:
c977588450552b76efb73110a9052cdb.jpg

Had my works Christmas party last night! 29+2 bumpage. Who says you still cant look and feel good when your pregnant haha!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reassurance that I'm not the only one babybee, makes me feel better!

I had my midwife apt this morning and my 28 week bloods and the glucose one, drinking the drink at 7.00 this morning on an empty stomach wasn't pleasant but hopefully that's it all done now, I have been booked in for my next to apts which takes me up to 34 weeks and she said we will do the birth plan then which is just a little scary!

Looking lovely lura, love the dress and perfect bump!

Last edited:
It's been so crazy lately. I'm working 10-15 hour days and commuting 2-3 hours per day in addition. We got the keys to our new home and while it's in pretty good condition, we still need to do New floors, fresh paint, buy furniture, actually move etc. DH has been incredibly supportive, doing most of the work at the house and helping by picking me up by car instead of me having to take the train (which takes 2-3 times as long) but it's still a lot.

I keep telling myself that it's just 7 weeks to maternity leave...

Oh and I haven't bought anything other than a few sets of clothes and baby bottles. Kept putting it off because we wanted the big stuff to arrive only once we had a new home. Due date is looming ahh.

Last edited:
does anyone else sometimes hear a clicking noise when the baby moves? Any idea what it is? It seems a bit too sharp a sound to be their bones?

Last edited:
Im 29+2 today and i am suddenly feeling so uncomfortable! Im struggling to sleep and when im in work i can sit for too long as i feel like my ribs are breaking! I suffered with sickness all the way through until a few weeks ago and now it seems my sickness is rearing its ugly head again! its safe to say i am past the cute part of pregnancy now and i feel like a fat waddling penguin!

I am totally past the cute phase too I must admit lol. I'm getting grumpy towards the end of the day. I'm uncomfortable, my ribs and feet ache and I can't eat or breathe properly. Fun and games! But we are on the home straight ladies - soon our babies will be with us. Half of me is starting to get absolutely terrified about giving birth, the other half of me can't wait to not be pregnant anymore.

Starting an ante-natal course with Daisy Foundation tonight - should be interesting. It's the last thing I want to be doing, but I'm hoping it will be worthwhile.

Baby is still getting hiccups a lot - but midwife says its a good thing, and the last day or two she has been rolling or something - feels really weird like she is brushing against me. Haven't heard any clicking though - only from my hips when getting up in the morning anyway!!

I don't think I ever reached the cute phase in this pregnancy, my face bloated up nice and early!

How was the antenatal class pinkbunny?

Bethany, I saw on another thread you were having worries about your baby's size? Have you had your scan? For what it's worth a midwife measured my belly to be 26 weeks at 29 weeks. Odd because at 28 weeks it was measuring at 29weeks so it appeared to have decreased in size too. However another midwife measured it to be 30 weeks and a scan showed the baby was measuring big. So try not to worry, I bet you the person who measured you did it wrong. Keep us posted how the scan goes!

I have a 31 week appointment next week then I think it's every 2 weeks until the birth with another 2 scans. I thought the baby was being quiet again today but luckily it's been nice and active this evening. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's quiet or the fact that I'm constantly on my feet rushing around after the girls or running errands that I just don't notice it moving!

Last edited:
I don't think I ever reached the cute phase in this pregnancy, my face bloated up nice and early!

How was the antenatal class pinkbunny?

Bethany, I saw on another thread you were having worries about your baby's size? Have you had your scan? For what it's worth a midwife measured my belly to be 26 weeks at 29 weeks. Odd because at 28 weeks it was measuring at 29weeks so it appeared to have decreased in size too. However another midwife measured it to be 30 weeks and a scan showed the baby was measuring big. So try not to worry, I bet you the person who measured you did it wrong. Keep us posted how the scan goes!

I have a 31 week appointment next week then I think it's every 2 weeks until the birth with another 2 scans. I thought the baby was being quiet again today but luckily it's been nice and active this evening. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's quiet or the fact that I'm constantly on my feet rushing around after the girls or running errands that I just don't notice it moving!

HIya!
Yeah I had a scan on Monday they did her measurements from the scan and she was measuring 26 week so got to have another scan to check her growth! I'm really struggling. To eat anything past few weeks and feel like it might be my fault she's not big enough! Well that's what I'm being made to think by partner and mum

oh hun it wont be that. The baby will be taking all it needs from you. Some people have awful morning sickness all the way through and lose loads of weight but the babies are fine. The slow in growth could be due to so many things but nothing will be your fault.
Let us know how the next scan goes.x

Bethany the baby will be taking everything she needs from you so don't worry about that. I've been feeling really guilty about not drinking enough recently as I've been so bloated so I know what you mean though. She may just be a petite baby - try not to worry.

I started my classes with Daisy on Tuesday and it was so good. I didn't realise just how tense I was until I floated out of there - would thoroughly recommend ladies - it combines a bit of yoga, hypnobirthing, information and breathing. Plus much cheaper than NCT who wanted £240!! Daisy course is £69 for my area for 6 weeks.

Really strange this this week - could be linked to my iron levels being low but I am craving cleaning products - the bathroom has never been so clean because I just want to sit and smell Cif all day!! Also, that musty, dusty smell - can't get enough of it walking through London Bridge station every day - so weird! Maybe my iron is dropping more?!

Hi all!

Found some more papers squeezed into my maternity notes from when I went for growth scan so basically at 29week 6 days she only weighed 2lb 6 which puts her in 10th centile her HC is measuring below 5th centile her fl is in the 5th centile and her ac is in between 10-50th centile not heard anything for my next scan which I was having in 2 weeks will leave til Monday then ring and ask if it's been booked

Hi ladies,

So ended up at PAU last night as baby had been abit of a monkey and hadnt felt them move all day.
In total was there nearly 5 hours due to it being so busy.
Doc was happy with baby's hb and movement so happy to discharge. Cos my bump is measuring abit small and my past history with daughter having a growth restriction in my previous pregnancy, they want to scan me on Monday to check on the growth, so that is booked for 12. Also had +2 of glucose in my urine they want to test that again on Mon and if that comes back again with glucose in they wanna test me for Gestational Diabetes.

These babies like to keep us on our toes!

Hi ladies,

So ended up at PAU last night as baby had been abit of a monkey and hadnt felt them move all day.
In total was there nearly 5 hours due to it being so busy.
Doc was happy with baby's hb and movement so happy to discharge. Cos my bump is measuring abit small and my past history with daughter having a growth restriction in my previous pregnancy, they want to scan me on Monday to check on the growth, so that is booked for 12. Also had +2 of glucose in my urine they want to test that again on Mon and if that comes back again with glucose in they wanna test me for Gestational Diabetes.

These babies like to keep us on our toes!

They certainly do I had growth scan on Monday and have to have another next Friday! Not that I'm complaining cause I get see her again and just happy they keeping an eye on her as she's measuring on 10th centile and her head and femur on 5th

They certainly do lura! I hope the scan goes well on Monday and your test comes back clear. Movement worry is the absoloute worst!
Good luck with your scan too Bethany!

Ive got the midwife on Tuesday and growth scan and doctor on Thursday. Hopefully the baby is behaving! Ive also got my daughters preschool nativity and carol concert and she's an angel which is so adorable. I can't wait!

Wow we're all having growth scans next week. I've got the consultant on wed because I had pre-eclampsia in my last pregnancy then my son's nativity where he's an angel then growth scan on Friday to make sure the little one is growing enough.

Can't believe there's only 9 weeks to go until he arrives, it's starting to go so quick now

Nic, looks like our week ahead is pretty much identical from nativities to scans. Good luck with the scan hun!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back