*~* February 2017 yummy mummies - the last trimester *~*

Hi everyone! Been a while since I posted. I too have had to have a growth scan as I was measuring 3 weeks ahead. Scan showed baby was normal size but I have to have another at 36 weeks. I'm 32+1 weeks now, we've just accepted an offer on our flat but not found a house for us yet so it's all a little crazy.

I wanted to ask what baby clothes I'd need to bring baby home from hospital? I have bought a lovely snowsuit from Asda and will have vests, babygrows, hat and mits but wasn't sure if I needed anything else? Was thinking maybe a cardigan??

Hi secret! Welcome over. Its all a bit scary when they give you a section date isn't it? i have mine at 39 weeks too. Im dreading it slightly. Your baby's predicted weight is fab!!

Sheena, so glad all is well with you and congrats on the offer on your flat. Goodluck with the search, cant even imagine how hectic everything must be for you at the mo.
I think it sounds like you have everything for the baby. Its hard to tell how much of what you'll need as it all depends on how long you'll be in hospital for. My eldest was in nicu and then we were in for a week sonwe ran out of clothes and nappies and had to get more. With my second we were out within 24 hours and overpacked massively.

I had my 31 week mw appt today and because my bump was measuring 3 weeks ahead they sent me for a scan today. Baby was all fine but is still measuring big - averaging a 34 week gestational size and a 35 week for it's head!! Estimated weight is currently 4lbs 9! We'll see how accurate this all is!

So had my 31 week appointment today with midwife in my book it said I was due a full blood count but this wasn't done cause apparently it wasn't needed also I'm having growth scans at hospital due to her being small and today she hasn't even measured me I've only ever been measured once at the midwife and I'm 31 week also my next appointment is at home for a home assessment and birth plan

Hi ladies! I had my growth scan on Monday and all was good - baby v active and everything looked healthy. Also all babies measurements were spot on and progressing nicely! Consultant was happy and so cancelled my growth scan at 32 weeks and having one at 36 weeks so all good news! :)

How did everyone find out what centile their babies are measuring on?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lura it should be plotted on the scan report. It gives the centile for head, tummy and legs and then gives an estimated weight.x

Pink bunny it was my birthday Saturday to! Lol xx

Haha how funny! Happy birthday! Hope you had a super time. Did you get lots of maternity stuff too? I lost count of the amount of "mama bee" pamper sets lol xx

Haha yes I did lol. Happy birthday for you to. I can't believe I'm 26 lol.. in 4 years time I'm gonna 30.. for some reason that thought has been freaking me out all week haha. Xxx

My mum's on her way up to Yorkshire to come to the scan tomorrow, I'm so excited, she's staying the night over, as she hasn't been able to come to one yet so I'm so pleased!

Hope everyone's ok xxx
I'm so uncomfy at night and my legs are driving me mad, twitchy and itchy urggghhh I spoke to midwife about it already as its real bad and keeps me up and she said it might be the extra weight I'm carrying (I think I've put on alot) so at least I know lol xxx

I had really bad restless legs with my eldest. Things that helped the most were cutting down my sugar consumption but also investing in a few pairs of sports compression socks - they made the world of difference. I'd have a bath before bed and then put them on and go straight to sleep.

Something like these:
http://compressionsockshop.co.uk/product/compression-socks-for-sports-336/
However I got them much cheaper in Sports Direct.

Haha, I just turned 31 - can't believe it!! I spent 5 months dreading turning 30 and then when the day actually came I wasn't too bothered lol

I've had a little bit of restless legs but not much. I do seem to get cramp in my calves ALL the time though, especially in the night and I have to leap out of bed. Been told it can be to do with my low iron though.

Ooohh on the news of birthdays.. its mine tomorrow (16th) going to be 27! Where has that time gone?!

Oh my god you're all babies, I'm 37!!!!!!!!!!!
I've got my next growth scan tomorrow afternoon and am looking forward to seeing the little one again

Ooohh on the news of birthdays.. its mine tomorrow (16th) going to be 27! Where has that time gone?!

Happy birthday (I'm 31 today too) tie really does go insanely fast!

Had the worse experience at hospital had to go in today for another growth scan and review while waiting for review they came up to me and asked me what I was here for so I explained apparently I should have been seen by a consultant but I haven't been booked in so after 3 and half hour wait I literally left non the wiser to be told to come back again in 2 weeks for yet another SAN and review with consultant what a waste of time

Had my growth scan today and she is measuring perfectly. So that's a relief. Mum came in and partner and she was looking right at us and moving her hands. Was adorable. Sonographer said she was tugging at her umbilicol cord at some point as well lol.

Hope everyone's scans have gone well xxx

Happy Birthday ladies!
Bethany, sorry you had such a rubbish appointment!
Tigress, glad yours went well!

anyone else's baby's movements so painful? It currently feels like this little tyke is doing downward dog and in the process is trying to dislodge my left hip bone with it's head and wallop my lower right ribs off with its legs.....whilst pushing the rest of it's weight on my bladder! It's nuts!

Last edited:
Babybee I'm getting crazy movements with my little one. It's very uncomfortable but I know I'd complain if he wasn't moving. I managed to catch it on camera yday which was cool.

Sheena, i def know what you mean. Id be so worried if it wasn't so active so really appreciate these nice strong moves.
I heard some really sad news of an ex colleague this morning, her little girl was born sleeping at 39 weeks. I have no idea why, she posted a post on fb 2 weeks ago and all was well.
So heartbreaking, definitely hug those bumps tighter tonight everyone!x

Sheena, i def know what you mean. Id be so worried if it wasn't so active so really appreciate these nice strong moves.
I heard some really sad news of an ex colleague this morning, her little girl was born sleeping at 39 weeks. I have no idea why, she posted a post on fb 2 weeks ago and all was well.
So heartbreaking, definitely hug those bumps tighter tonight everyone!x

Oh God, that's such sad news. That really made my heart ache. Defo holding tonight xxx

Been so uncomfortable with my ribs on my right hand side last few days, which seems to radiate into my back. Yesterday at work and the drive home I just wanted to cry cos of the pain and discomfort.
Booked an appt at GP this morning to see if I could get something for the pain and one of the first things she said was I should have gone to my Midwife about this (if i felt was Midwife approprate, I would have contacted them which I didnt) - which I found quite rude.
Had to go and get some bloods done to look at my liver function and platelets to check I am not developing HELLP Syndrome as a symptom is right rib pain (??) which I will found out results of tomorrow.
If not she just thinks its how baby led and just something will have to deal with until end of pregnancy (great care advice there) and prescribed me some Codeine if I need to take it and told me my only option if Im struggling is to get signed off work... I really wish some Doctors and Medical Professionals could be abit more caring. I wouldn't come to see them if it wasnt something that was bothering me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back