Due in June :)

Eeek!!! So exciting Miasmum! I cannot wait to buy, I've looked and been bought for but I'm just a bit hesitant, think I'll wait till 16 weeks. Also are you meant to have a midwife appointment at 16 weeks? I've got my 20 week scan date (26th jan) but no one told me if I had to get an appointment! I've had a few of those moments especially my 12 week scan, I actually asked the lady.. 'is that really in there??' She laughed :D xx

Your meant to book your 16 week with the midwife.

I think I've felt it move whilst I was laid in the bath and bleeding has stopped more like spotting if I'm honest and no pain. Think I'll just hold out xxx

Aww bet that was a nice feeling Leigh, glad it's stopped! Wouldn't hold back though if your concerned at all over the weekend. Hopefully that's it now xx

Oh so nice you felt it move Leigh!! Hope the bleeding stops soon, it's a good sign it's not painful though!

Miasmum, I also had that moment when I saw baby shoes walking around a department store. I was with my boyfriend and I was kinda freaking out! Omg we're going to be parents in 6 months! He didn't get why I was being so weird about it. Men...

Blisa, that's a long wait... I found out the gender at 12w5 days thanks to the Harmony test (it's called the NIPT here). Maybe you can ask for one with your gp? They just need your blood sample. It's pretty expensive but then you also know whether there is a risk of several chromosome abnormalities. It's worth the money!

I've just told the whole family. Very emotional! I've been crying so much hahaha! My parents' first grandchild. I pretended to give them my Christmas card in a restaurant, but I added a photo of the 12w scan and a poem which revealed the baby's gender. The photo fell on their lap and they were so shocked! My mom started crying and I saw my dad wipe a tear as well. I'm starting to cry again while writing this! Damn hormones! :love:

Hey everyone.

Leigh - I'm pleased to hear the bleeding isn't as bad and that you felt some movements. How lovely.
I think I have been feeling baby for a few days now. Little flutters when I'm resting. Feels so nice.

Went into mothercare with the oh today. Was lovely to look at the pushchairs and nursery furniture etc. Very surreal moment. I quite like the icandy.

Welcome Magdalena :)

Oh so nice you felt it move Leigh!! Hope the bleeding stops soon, it's a good sign it's not painful though!

Miasmum, I also had that moment when I saw baby shoes walking around a department store. I was with my boyfriend and I was kinda freaking out! Omg we're going to be parents in 6 months! He didn't get why I was being so weird about it. Men...

Blisa, that's a long wait... I found out the gender at 12w5 days thanks to the Harmony test (it's called the NIPT here). Maybe you can ask for one with your gp? They just need your blood sample. It's pretty expensive but then you also know whether there is a risk of several chromosome abnormalities. It's worth the money!

I've just told the whole family. Very emotional! I've been crying so much hahaha! My parents' first grandchild. I pretended to give them my Christmas card in a restaurant, but I added a photo of the 12w scan and a poem which revealed the baby's gender. The photo fell on their lap and they were so shocked! My mom started crying and I saw my dad wipe a tear as well. I'm starting to cry again while writing this! Damn hormones! :love:

Aww that's so lovely!! What a great idea!! Wish I had waited instead I'm the running family joke which goes 'we all knew when you were about 3 days pregnant' I did tell everyone soon as I got a positive, which I'm not particularly bothered about really! I'm just treating this pregnancy a whole lot different to my previous which ended it miscarriage. However alot of people didn't actually know until I announced it!
OH is being a bit of a selfish git right now as I want a early gender & could get one 8th of Jan for £80. He's like why you being impatient yadda ya.. like really don't they get it? I said it's not just gender it's seeing our baby again, making sure it's ok..his answer well just wait hmm!! Might book it myself he won't have a choice ha!
Hope all you ladies are well! Considering buying a doppler but I keep putting myself off, does using one too much harm the baby? Not enough reviews to really get a straight answer!
Welcome to the second trimester :D x

I e got my gender one booked for Wednesday. Wishing it was Monday so I can see the midwife and hopefully hear my alien. Just living with fear and worry xxxxx

Aww hun, nothings more reassuring than actually seeing the little one I know. Has the bleeding stopped? If you've heard the heartbeat too that's a good sign. Patience so hard to come by with these things. Really hope your ok xxx

I don't know if Dopplers are safe or not.. I don't think I'm going to buy one, just out of precaution. I don't know how the system works. :(

I would harass my boyfriend for an earlier scan too! Try to make it sound like it's his idea! ;)

Leigh, I hope the spotting has stopped. At least you know the cause of the bleeding, do you know how it can be avoided?

Last edited:
Hi Kitana, from what I've read you can't stop it, it's outside the cervix so not harming the baby. Tiny spotting today just in my discharge like a dark brown so it's old blood hopefully it's the end for this time. It's caused by hormones groiwinv on the outside causing a scab and if she it knocked etc it bleeds I believe it was cos I had a hot bath and softened it. Nearly Monday I might ask for a reassurance scan before my gender scan don't wanna get there to find it's gone. Thinking the worst but I think all is okay.

Many bleed and have no reason for it at least I have a reason. Just have to think of that and it wasn't a huge bleed more like spotting I think if I had/was losing it be more blood and bright red xxxxx trying to stay positive

That's good news Leigh, at least the scab can be healed.
I had quite a bit of brown blood loss at 12w. I was so scared. The doctor said it was probably due to lifting my luggage badly and damaging my cervix, but they didn't see a scab or a wound. I was so scared it would happen again since I didn't know for sure what caused it. It stopped by itself luckily.

Hope you get your scan tomorrow!! Fx!:hug:

I hope I do too, but more spotting but just been to the loo which can cause it. Just wish I could see into my tummy to see everything is okay. Or at least be able to feel the baby move. Xxx

Hi girls just realised I'm meant to be in tri 2 now scary lol
Dating scan has put me at 15 + 4 (dd 08/06)...but I know I'm not that far along as that puts me a week before my mc. Baby is just big i tjink as was too big to do the doens syndrome measurement (gotta have the bloods done this thurs instead). So I'm going with my dates of 14 + 4.
Xxx

Hi Bellarina, welcome to Tri 2 :)

leigh - hope you are ok. Have you had anymore spotting ?

I'm feeling good today after a weekend of headaches and dizziness again. I also managed to eat bacon for the first time in months lol. My hair and nails are growing so fast!! anyone else ?

xx

Hiya. Just dark brown in my discharge nothing much. Midwife heard baby's heartbeat and said not to worry. I may be sorting all the way through xx

Last scan put me at due 13th June 😀

Leigh - I have heard brown blood is old blood however I can imagine the worry and panic you are facing. Only one more sleep to go until you see baby and I'm sure you will feel much better.

Hi Lynds - I am due on 10th June :)

So totally fed up with stressing over moving and shopping etc. Decided to.eat loads of crap food and watch loads of crap TV, when I'm not working of course, which really isn't ever haha! Anyhow there's my wee moan for today! How are all you ladies? Anyone else get people asking them how the baby is?.. I find it quite funny, don't quite know how to answer. My OH gave away the present I'm getting from his mum, and it's a Christmas jumper so I'm pretty happy! He said oh yeah what size are you in top I said why he said my mum wants to know...ok I guess I know now ha!
Congratulations lynds! :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back