Due in June :)

It's all superstitions though so don't worry, it's good to get a proper feel of the pram before you use it anyway :)
I had the wayfarer and I managed to get a full refund after 9months of having it, it was that bad!! It was disgraceful! Was fine in the shop coz it's flat smooth floor but going over a small twig made the wheels buckle and throw baby forward! I was baby wearing for the first 9 months then started using the pushchair for the school run and it couldn't even get up a dropped kerb!! Final straw for me was when Charlie hit her face on the front bar because we went over a small stone!! Called silver cross and went mental, went to mothercare and got a full refund! Read up on the reviews and everyone had the same problem! I don't buy anything at all now without reading reviews lol!

Gosh that's terrible! I've since read the reviews and seen loads of ladies saying how much they struggled, thank goodness they seen sense to refund you! Especially before something serious happened, my sister in law has three pioneer grey edition she says she loves it and it's so worth it. I just think the silver Cross prams are lovely! X

Hey everyone. Hope all is ok.
I'm itching to go and look at pushchairs but trying to resist hehe

I had my consultant appointment today and they scanned me again. I was able to see and listen to the heartbeat.
Can't believe how much baby has grown in 2 weeks!

Does anyone else keep feeling light headed?

Sorry for so many post ladies catching up! Haha
Aww I'm so happy you got reassurance and everything's fine with your little one! Have you spoke to midwife about feeling light headed? Or GP not sure how it works where you are but up here my doctor deals with nothing pregnancy related unless somethings wrong. Maybe need to get blood sugars checked? Unless you've already had this! Hope your feeling better soon.

Quick update had results back for down syndrome screening ( I can't remember the proper medical name!) Everything is all clear :D x

I have just had an appointment through to see the consultant, I didn't think I would need to. It's 2 days after my 20 week scan not sure if this means I will now be consultant led I shall ask my midwife at my 16week appointment.

Yes on feeling light headed. I try to drink more water, because I think it may be related. I feel like that head rush you get when you stand up too fast, but it happens very randomly, like when I'm sitting down. I've got my 16 week appointment on Thursday, so I'll ask then.
As for the pram, I have my mind set on the oyster 2. I hated my first pram (mothercare), so I can't wait to use a much better one this time around. We are probably going to buy it second hand, though. I can't quite justify 800£ on a pram.

I asked the consultant today about feeling light headed and she said my blood pressure is fine. She did mention to drink more water and to eat little and often. I do notice that it is worse if I am hungry or been a few hours since my last meal.
She mentioned it should tail off around 18 weeks and if it doesn't to mention it to them.

Good news on your test results Blisa :)

Tasha - I am consultant led but my midwife said I would be at my booking in appointment when I was 9 weeks.
It's strange they have given you an appointment for 20 weeks if you haven't seen one earlier. Have you had any previous complications? This was why my midwife put me down as consultant led. Definitely mention it at your 16 week appointment and she will tell you why.

When's everyone's next appointmenst ? Mine is midwife 22nd and a private gender scan on 24th :)

Aww I'm so jealous of all you lucky ladies able to have early gender before Christmas! I'm hoping to get one booked at the start of January, my 20 weeks scan isn't until 26th January, she's also booked me in for 2 extra at 33 & 37 weeks! Due to my BMI, she wasn't overly concerned.
I had my 12 week scan on the Tuesday and booking in appointment on the Friday, so kind of back to front.
Maybe phone & ask, think I'm bugging them with how often I phone to query haha! X

Mummyniknik - at my booking in appointment my midwife said she would send a letter off to see if the consultant wanted to see me but it has been so long I didn't think They did! In my last 3 pregnancies I have only carried as far as 36 weeks but all babies have been big and had no problems from being early. My last midwife said it could just be that my body cooks the babies quicker :)

Morning Girls,

my next midwife is Monday and private gender scan on wednesday :)

ive got like pains, they feel like growing pains in my tummy is this normal?

Hi girls! Can I join for the June due dates? Just passed into the second trimester. I am due June 23rd.

Hey Leigh, I also get them from time to time. i didn't have any cramps in the first trimester so I got a bit worried when I got then now. I asked the doctor and she said it's probably ligament pain. They keep your uterus in place but as you grow, they get stretched. Nothing to worry about though!:)

Ladies, today is moving day, even though we are only moving across the street I feel very helpless, we live up 3 flights of stairs, so I can't carry anything too heavy. My partners got help but feel like I'm doing nothing, maybe just sit & snack listen to some Christmas music hahaha!! Hope you are all well! Kitana you've joined us! Welcome :D x

i bled last night seems i have cervical ectropion so i may bleed on and off all through my pregnancy never been so worried in my life!

Oh dear Leigh! But everything's okay? Have you seen the midwife or someone? Xx

i went and saw the on call midwife at the hospital last night, heard its heart beat twice and she assured me the bleed is from outside the cervix and will not harm the baby.

seem it creates like a little scab and this sometimes comes away through sex etc, i think i must have softened it with being in a hot bath last night which created the bleeding. the midwife made it bleed again last night when she swabbed it.

ive had 3 bleed/spotted now but i know why now so its a bit more reassuring i know whats normal for me. xxx

I hope it stops bleeding soon Leigh. It's so terrifying to see blood.. has it stopped?

yes all clear this morning - just the little bit last night after i went for a wee. but enough to cover the paper, but very pale pink so it was mixed with something.

midwife isnt concerned and says it happens all the time in pregnancy most bleeds they cant diagnose but with mine they could.

just worrying this far in xx

Just replied on your other post Leigh. xx
Hope everyone is ok.
I'm feeling so stressed out at the moment with xmas etc and I keep worrying it may harm my baby :(

Ladies, today is moving day, even though we are only moving across the street I feel very helpless, we live up 3 flights of stairs, so I can't carry anything too heavy. My partners got help but feel like I'm doing nothing, maybe just sit & snack listen to some Christmas music hahaha!! Hope you are all well! Kitana you've joined us! Welcome :D x

Hope the move goes ok Blisa! x

its just started again - rang the midwife and shes not concerned may happen for a few days, wish i knew what caused it or if my baby is safe and well :(

Can they not give you another reassurance scan? I know you've got your early gender next week but at least it would put your mind at ease! Hope it stops hun, I've had a few little bleeds, been told the same nothing to worry about. But they gave me scans at those points too xx

Leigh: I would push for a reassurance scan. It must be such a worry. Midwives obviously know best, but I don't think I would feel at ease until I saw the baby. Then again, when I had a bleed at 10 weeks, I didn't want to go for a scan, because I knew I would be relieved at the time, but worried again by the time I got home.

I had my 16 week appointment yesterday :) I listened to the heartbeat, which was lovely. The MW asked me if I wanted to record the heartbeat on my phone. I was like "Nah, I hear it on my doppler all the time" :) She told me off again...
I bought babygrows this morning! I was shopping for a work secret santa gift and saw this supper cute baby set with Winnie the Pooh on and I just couldn't not buy it! I had a oh-crap-I'm-really-having-a-baby-moment. Anyone else have moments like that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back