•••November mummies 2016 - welcome to Tri 2•••

Has anyone thought about maternity leave yet from work? I have a decent maternity package so will be taking a year off, hopefully my last day will be 30th September using 2 weeks annual leave before maternity leave begins. As soon as we are back from holiday the countdown begins!! X

I've been thinking either 16th September or 30th September. Our maternity pay is rubbish (SMP) but thankfully OH is bringing in a decent amount of money so we should be OK. x

Mine is rubbish too. Planning on taking the year tho. Trying to save about £500 a month just now towards it. Hope it will be enough.

I do hate you a little mm :) but hopefully il be the same at ur stage xx

Feeling much better now. Can't believe I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow :)
My maternity pay is pretty good and i have to take my annual leave before I go and before I come back so all in all nearly the full year. My first day of leave tagged onto maternity leave will be 3rd October. I'm just hoping I can carry on doing my job till 34 weeks! Hope everyone else is well and beginning to get over the feeling rubbish phase x

Feeling much better now. Can't believe I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow :)
My maternity pay is pretty good and i have to take my annual leave before I go and before I come back so all in all nearly the full year. My first day of leave tagged onto maternity leave will be 3rd October. I'm just hoping I can carry on doing my job till 34 weeks! Hope everyone else is well and beginning to get over the feeling rubbish phase x

Seems to be flying by now doesn't it?!? Are you finding out if your having a boy or girl?

I'm going to email HR on Tuesday about leaves etc - what I can expect to come back to as might finish mid September rather than at the end - that will give me 6 weeks ish off before she arrives xx

It is really flying. The first 12 weeks were so slow!!!
No we are staying team yellow. We both have girls from previous relationships, my OH thinks it's a boy. I can't wait for the surprise. It was the best feeling ever with my first, all that hard work then having a peak to see what you've got :) x

I had a risk assessment with my manager really early on and we covered maternity leave etc then. My pay gets calculated over the next 8 weeks so I'll be working hard to earn as much as possible. I also get the event my pay out over 9 months so I don't get a massive drop towards the end. I'm very very lucky to get such a good package x

I had a risk assessment with my manager really early on and we covered maternity leave etc then. My pay gets calculated over the next 8 weeks so I'll be working hard to earn as much as possible. I also get the event my pay out over 9 months so I don't get a massive drop towards the end. I'm very very lucky to get such a good package x
So jealous you have good mat pay. I only work 3 days a week with having a toddler and so I will be getting either my average weekly earnings or SMP, whichever is the lowest rate :-( x

Hi guys! I won't be getting MAT pay. As I'm on a fixed term contract and can't sort out childcare to be able to afford to work which is rubbish as I've worked since 14 with only 12 weeks break when I had my daughter. She'll be going to school in 2 years though so I'll be going back then.

How's everyone feeling? I feel so tired but I've had a really good sleep the last two days! And my boobs are really sore. Never had this with my first :( xxx

I seem to be developing anxiety about feeding and preparing formula. How is it possible to make a bottle up for a screaming baby when you have to wait 30 mins for a boiled kettle to cool before adding to a bottle?!? I just can get my head around things at all and was trying to avoid buying a prefect prep machine. I could cry this morning thinking I'm going to be a useless mum xx

I seem to be developing anxiety about feeding and preparing formula. How is it possible to make a bottle up for a screaming baby when you have to wait 30 mins for a boiled kettle to cool before adding to a bottle?!? I just can get my head around things at all and was trying to avoid buying a prefect prep machine. I could cry this morning thinking I'm going to be a useless mum xx

Oh bless you. I haven't bottle fed but I know plenty of mums that have and they all managed. I think that there are various ways. One being to measure the water out into the bottle then add formula as you need to. A flask is also a good idea especially overnight. It'll keep the water warm enough to make up and give a bottle instantly.
Have you considered breast feeding? X

Hello everyone- from the posts I've readi believe I can hop over after 13 weeks?! So many different opinions! Only a couple of days away from 14 weeks so hopefully you'll have me anyway �� We're due 24th November. Still feeling quite rubbishy and really sickly which I didn't have at all first time round with my little boy. Fingers crossed the energy phase is just round the corner!! X

Hello everyone- from the posts I've readi believe I can hop over after 13 weeks?! So many different opinions! Only a couple of days away from 14 weeks so hopefully you'll have me anyway �� We're due 24th November. Still feeling quite rubbishy and really sickly which I didn't have at all first time round with my little boy. Fingers crossed the energy phase is just round the corner!! X
Morning Willow, You're defo in Tri 2 with us. From 13 weeks.... Congrats, hope you start to feel better soon. My sickness phase has seemed to have passed, however, pain in my hips has started up. Going to be a long run for me xx

Oh bless you. I haven't bottle fed but I know plenty of mums that have and they all managed. I think that there are various ways. One being to measure the water out into the bottle then add formula as you need to. A flask is also a good idea especially overnight. It'll keep the water warm enough to make up and give a bottle instantly.

I'm "hoping" to combi feed, however I have a history of depression and anxiety which stems from failure, so I don't want to put myself under too much pressure to BF if I can't and it triggers severe depression again. I need to put my health on par with hers as she will not get the best from me if I'm struggling in my own head of you get me. It's something I've thought long and hard about, believe me xx

I'm "hoping" to combi feed, however I have a history of depression and anxiety which stems from failure, so I don't want to put myself under too much pressure to BF if I can't and it triggers severe depression again. I need to put my health on par with hers as she will not get the best from me if I'm struggling in my own head of you get me. It's something I've thought long and hard about, believe me xx

That sounds like a brilliant plan. You never know you might find that the breastfeeding goes really well. Try not to get too anxious and take all the help on offer when baby arrives x

I STRONGLY recommend working as long as possible before going on leave, last time I worked until 37 weeks, used 2 weeks holiday and then waited another 9 days for the baby to arrive - I wasnt necessarily bored but all you do is focus on the wait. The later you leave it the better financial sense for most and the more time off with the baby.

I'm due 6/11 so this time I will work until approx 10/10 then use up holiday. I really don't recommend going on maternity earlier than 36 weeks, unless of course there's a medical reason to do so.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

MillersMissus I tried breast feeding and then combined fed because my supply wasn't increasing. I ended up buying a perfect prep and honestly best 100 I ever spent. Saved screaming child and making up feeds but used the flask to go out :). I plan on trying breast feeding this time round however I'm scared I'll fail again. I also agree with prettypee re mat leave. Left at 36 weeks and went 2 weeks over. So all in all had 6 weeks off before baby was born and could only afford 12 weeks off with baby. Was extremely heart breaking!
And welcome WillowBurn!
Hope everyone's feeling well. Xx

Thanks ladies! I'll attach some cute pictures xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27