Someone to go through the 2ww with?

Cheapo test this morning showed nothing. Was a 50mui pound land one!
I am at the hospital for my first fertility appointment today so will update with what they say abOut the way forward for me.
Have extremely sore boobs today so at least I know that even if I'm
Not preg, I at least have decent progesterone levels through my luteal phase (2ww).
No sign of AF. But then I am 12dpo today. The most dpo I can be is 12 with the least being 11 x x

Good luck Lara! xx

Oh What a :censored: I officially hate the :witch:!!!!
I will be stalking your asses I need you with me it's you guys that have kept me sane !

Lara still got my fingers crossed for you xxxxx

We all need to with you Sue in Tri ! !! xxx

yeah am good today thanks apart from the wicked witch being a little aggressive but thats a good sign for me should be off in 2 days (hopefully) then i can get back to it! how are you today? x

yes all good - I had that she came with a vengeance ! But luckily she has gone now!!!
So cd 5 for me!!
Might start on the BD tonight,give OH a taste of what he's in for this mo nth! ha ha xx

haha you do right, i'm not even going to tell my oh which days are best to bd as he sees it as a chore then, hes probably gunna think ive turned into a nyph when it comes round lol! x

yes i know what you mean , my oh said the same! So im with you keep quiet and just seduce!! x

Well I am back from the hospital. I told the doc I am 12dpo but she said "oh thats quite early to be testing, test in a few days yet - lots of women here don't get a positive until their AF date". anyway, we talked on the basis that I am not about to get my BFP, and interestingly the thing they want to start me doing to get better eggs and a better cycle and a better chance of conceiving - is.....wait for it...... EAT MORE PROTEIN!! Yes, aparantly though its quite a dedicated thing for me to commit to because she says its important for the best hormone levels and eggs etc that I eat protein with EVERY MEAL. Breakfast inparticular. I have to have either yoghurt or cheese or eggs and if I can stomach it then she said the best thing for breakfast a few times a week would be kippers!!!! ha ha
I thought I was going to be put on metformin but she said that would make my weight drop which isnt something we want to happen in my case because it would take my BMI down below the optimum range.
So girlies, who up for spending a cycle eating lots of protein and less sugary food? Today I learnt that its better for ovulation, better for conception and better for making it STICK!!

x x x

sounds like they gave u a wealth of information Lara lol...i'll be with you on the protein side of thing, i already eat plenty of it haha...love mi egg on toast on a morning :D fingers crossed u have tested too early and u do get a bfp this month but if not...protein all the way hee hee!! xx

ha ha
Yeah I was listening and taking notes. Apparently, its better though if you can have at least two of the meals with less carbs, so for example she said
Have eggs with salmon (but no toast) for brekkie
Then have a chicken salad with only one slice of bread or a small helping of potatoes
Then have a fish or chicken dinner with loads of veg but not masses of carbs.
So, for example, she doesn't want me eating my normal dinner of spagetti bolognaise UNLESS I keep the meat up and halve the amount of pasta I would normally have.
Well, I will give it a go - a bit hard for me as I love BREAD and PASTA. But if it will make my hormones happier and my eggs healthier then I am prepared to give it a whirl!! x

yeah i would find that hard too re the bread and pasta lol so good luck with it but like you said if its gonna improve things then why not give it a go...good to know tho...i actually do like kippers (even tho they stink the house out lol) so may have to invest when i do my shop saturday :D xx

Thats really interesting Lara!!
I went on the south beach diet last yr and lost quite a bit of weight, it is a high protein diet, with very little carbs.
I thought I cant do that anymore as not good when ttc - how wrong could i be it seems.
Will get straight back on it!!
I cant stand kippers tho!! or any fish so thts off the menu!!
But yes high protein really good to lose weight too.
I saw that Louise said in another thread that she had been told to eat high protein.
So it seems like a fact.
Thanks for the info. xxxx

Hey girls. Just to be clear and not give out the wrong info. It's not extreme low carbs. It's just making sure to have relatively low in each meal. So you are still meant to pile your plate with vegetables but instead of having a heap Of potatoes it's better to have a small portion of Basmati rice and skip the donuts!
It's all about not triggering massive insulin release after high carb meals which in turn sometimes throws our female hormones off balance. Ive just had two boiled eggs for breakfast so it's day one of eating for a pregnancy for me!
Didn't preg test this morning - but if AF not here tomorrow as planned will test again x

Lara how's it going any more tests?
I can't wait for you girlies to be back in 2ww and bps xxx

i cant wait either sue...roll on when the witch bogs off lol x

I am now either 3 or 4 dpo, and have a sicky feeling, and tired, was asleep last night by 8.30 and sleeping for 12 hours solid. Who knows what this month has in store for me.

Hope all you ladies are feeling well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back