*September 2020 Mummies*

@TTC no2 i think at this point swelling is fairly normal, my fingers are very big now and I can’t get my wedding ring off. When they spoke to me about preeclampsia they said it would be a sudden significant swelling - eg your ankles were suddenly much bigger than normal.

Agree with @Rose83, minor swelling of hands/feet is normal. I've had it both this time & with my son. Wedding ring been off for a few weeks already!!

Just have to keep an eye for any sudden swelling, any headaches/blurred vision (pre-eclampsia) x

TTCno2 that sounds painful. I’ve been very lucky and not experienced swelling in any of my pregnancies.

I have my hubby off work this week as we were meant to be going on a caravan holiday near Skegness and we were going to visit family at the same time as they are only an hour from there. But we had to cancel as due to finances being cut at work we were unable to save up for it ;( luckily we were booking up with family so we have moved our holiday to the Easter holidays instead so haven’t lost out on our deposit etc We went out to a country park yesterday, and I didn’t realise just how hilly the place was! It was definitely hard work lol, but the boys had fun running around. We also made use of the eat out to help out scheme and went to a pub for dinner, which was lovely. The only downside is it caused me to have horrible acid reflux and I had a sicky burp which then caused me to vomit over the side of my bed! So so gross, Rose I have even more sympathy for you now after cleaning up my own sick lol

Pity about ur wee break not happening now but least uve it booked for easter. Still have something nice to look forward too.
And not nice that happening to you. I love chilli mayo but this one is really hot I like. It gets me everytime with heartburn but luckily havent been sick with it.

We are meant to be going out this eve to make use to the eat our but to be honest there been an increase in numbers in our county. It's not the town were going too but still makes me anxious. So I'm not sure if we'll go.
This preg is only preg I've had some swelling with. I'm off for scan today. 4lb 4oz was estimate weight at 32 weeks . I wonder what this one will tell.

I'm so annoyed by the heartburn/acid reflux as I've been taking tablets for it since 10 weeks. It stops most of the pain, but doesn't stop it from travelling back up, I always feel like there is food stuck in the back of my throat, it's awful. Doesn't matter what I eat either.

I was quiet impressed with the pub we went too, the tables were really spread out, and even then not many were occupied. We ordered via the app so the only time we came near to staff was when they dropped the food off at the table. The tables were cleared and wiped down immediately after people left, and there was a one way walking system to move around the pub too.

Enjoy your scan, exciting to see how baby has grown. Will you ask them to check the gender or are just resigned to baby just not wanting you to know lol

No wont ask. We gone this far without asking. So we will be nice surprise in the end.. :)

So so hot with this bloody mask on. I hate it.

How was your scan @TTC no2?

@kanga86 - same happened to me yesterday, was hubby’s birthday and went out for pub lunch. Heartburn for the first time in months last night!

I’m in north west (Preston) so rumour has it we are heading back to local lockdown on Thursday night. Just when I’m reaching the point I could do with being able to have mum/sister round to help me out a bit! Been a bit worried today, husband is an ambulances driver and got a call today to say the guy he worked all day with on Saturday, his wife is v likely to have Covid, results should be back today...feels like we are just waiting to develop symptoms!

Evening ladies,

Sorry to hear you had to postpone your holiday kanga, but at least you still have it to look forward to. We're away for a week from friday pm. Got a 2 bed house booked in Norfolk. Only 30mins drive to the beach, a few zoos nearish and some nature parks, etc. Hopefully DD will enjoy it. Just nice to get a change of scenery.
Yuck on the being sick too. I've had some pretty horrid heartburn/reflux in the middle of the night, but fortunately not been sick.

Hopefully your DH mananges to miss the covid Jenny, or its only really mild. Have you ordered tests then? Fortunately the results come back really quickly.

I had my private scan yesterday. All good with baby, and shes still a girl ;). They put that baby is head down, so thats good. Hopefully she stays that way. They also said that my placenta had moved down from being fundal and is now posteria, but still high. Baby was resting on my bladder. Explains a lot. I was 32+2 and they estimated weight at 4lb 8oz and around the 50th centile. At my 28w mw appt she measured my bump at 27w and on the 10th centile, so will be interesting to see if I've caught up by the 34w appt or whether this goes to show that fundal measurements are just a bit rubbish and baby is hiding in there.

Wearing the mask was horrid. So nice to get outside again and take it off. No matter how I positioned it it made my glasses steam up

Ooh Jenny I hope ur hubby doesn't catch it if the results come back positive.

More places have shut their doors as more staff test positive in that seaside town. My dad works in same town is they're so busy. Really worried he may catch it and give it to the rest off us. I'm relying on my mum to have kids when I'm due too or I could be going alone.

My scan went well baby is 6lb 6oz at this stage def my biggest baby. Got my swab done for Group Strep B.
Explained my situation about daughter communion happening soon and ask would she do a sweep for me at 39 weeks so I'm back 3 weeks for that. Pray my cervix is favourable and reachable

Amy ur babes was same weight as mine round then too.
I was sweating wearing that mask. I really feel for people who have to constantly wear then.

U are so lucky heading away at weekend. Hope u enjoy ur break away

TTC its great that they're happy to try for a sweep to fit in with those busy plans. Fingers crossed all is favourable for it.

Ive got a busy day today as I'm supposed to be WFH (just going to wriggle the mouse to look active) and packing for holiday, and sorting out the food. We're going tomorrow pm, but im planning on making the most of DD being at nursery today. I dont know how we have to pack so much for kids....all the extra stuff is just crazy. Its only going to grow when these babies come, might need a trailer to go on any future holidays :rotfl:

When we get back from holiday I'll be about 34w and will start sorting the babies washing, thinking about packing the hospital bags and getting stuff like the pram and car seat out of the garage. That will make it seem real. :shock: Then it will start to get a bit scary again!

Hey ladies. Sorry haven’t checked in much.

@kanga86 - sorry your holiday got cancelled, how frustrating is that!! But atleast you have something to look forward to at Easter and you’ll have bubba with you too :)

@JennyS85 - really hope you all manage to swerve the symptoms and covid doesn’t effect you all. That’s the last thing you need the last weeks of pregnancy. Keep us Updated.

@TTC no2 - it’s mad how similar our pregnancies have been. I went in for a growth scan and baby is a biggun. 6lb 8oz and I’m 36 on Friday. You are 36 today right? I’ve gotta go back again in 3 weeks, so at 39 weeks for another scan and they will then decide what they want to do with me. I’m hoping she just comes naturally before then tbh. I don’t want to be inducted.

I am so done with pregnancy now ladies. I just want her here so I can get into a new routine and start to enjoy like as a new mummy <3 x

Hey ladies. Sorry haven’t checked in much.

@kanga86 - sorry your holiday got cancelled, how frustrating is that!! But atleast you have something to look forward to at Easter and you’ll have bubba with you too :)

@JennyS85 - really hope you all manage to swerve the symptoms and covid doesn’t effect you all. That’s the last thing you need the last weeks of pregnancy. Keep us Updated.

@TTC no2 - it’s mad how similar our pregnancies have been. I went in for a growth scan and baby is a biggun. 6lb 8oz and I’m 36 on Friday. You are 36 today right? I’ve gotta go back again in 3 weeks, so at 39 weeks for another scan and they will then decide what they want to do with me. I’m hoping she just comes naturally before then tbh. I don’t want to be inducted.

I am so done with pregnancy now ladies. I just want her here so I can get into a new routine and start to enjoy like as a new mummy <3 x

@chattychar oh wow we are pretty much the same. It will be interesting to see what the babies actual birth weights are when they come out. I'm 36 weeks today and I feel the same I'm so done with this pregnancy. The pain off my ribs now is unbearable at times but also I feel not mentally ready for the labour yet. Will go back over my digital pack.

Afternoon ladies! Sorry I haven’t caught up for a day or so, sounds like lots has been going on! Sorry about your holiday @kanga86 :( @JennyS85 that sounds pretty scary, I’d be terrified of my husband catching it!

I ended up at the hospital on the CTG machine last night at 1am so am exhausted today. I had reduced movements most of the day but she was ok on the trace and I was having mega braxton Hicks. But basically at my hospital that has triggered a scan within 48 hours so I’ve got one at 3.30pm. So they will cancel my growth scan for Tuesday and just use this one which means they’ll probably end up giving me a growth scan at 37 weeks and deciding then about induction x

I’m in north west (Preston) so rumour has it we are heading back to local lockdown on Thursday night. Just when I’m reaching the point I could do with being able to have mum/sister round to help me out a bit!

Augh, Preston is so close to Southport x__x I'm due to go and see my mum and dad in a week and a half and I feel like lockdown is creeping in around them. I so badly want to go as I haven't seen them since January and we live all the way down in Surrey :(

I hope your husband's colleague's wife doesn't have Covid :/

Another update from me, looks like I might end up being one of our first deliveries. Scan showed I am indeed growing a giant, estimate of 7lb 3oz and I’m 35 weeks. Long story short the consultant just called me and basically said let’s not mess around we’ll just book an induction for 38 weeks. So I’m now going in on the 27th to have a baby :shock:

Last edited:
Good to hear from you @chattychar1990 - glad all is well! Hope you get your wish and baby girl surprises you before 39 week appt.

@TTC no2 - good news on your earlier sweep too! You could sneak into August too. @Rose83 - sounds like the consultant is on top of everything so at least you have a date and the end is in sight! 2

Have a brilliant holiday @AmyThomas - hope you have a great time!

Augh, Preston is so close to Southport x__x I'm due to go and see my mum and dad in a week and a half and I feel like lockdown is creeping in around them. I so badly want to go as I haven't seen them since January and we live all the way down in Surrey :(

I hope your husband's colleague's wife doesn't have Covid :/

It hasn’t happened yet @SockVortex so there is still hope! Southport should be OK though even if Preston not!

Covid test for OHs colleague came back negative so that’s a relief! Made me worried though about him working over the weeks leading up to baby coming. Still got 7 weeks to go but this has just put it in my head! Nothing I can do about it though, I know he does everything he can with PPE etc so just have to cross fingers! X

Another update from me, looks like I might end up being one of our first deliveries. Scan showed I am indeed growing a giant, estimate of 7lb 3oz and I’m 35 weeks. Long story short the consultant just called me and basically said let’s not mess around we’ll just book an induction for 38 weeks. So I’m not going in on the 27th to have a baby :shock:

Oh wow Rose that's great there going to induce u early. Soon all this pain will be a distant memory. Getting all real now girls. Seems no time since we were posting in first trimester

It hasn’t happened yet @SockVortex so there is still hope! Southport should be OK though even if Preston not!

Covid test for OHs colleague came back negative so that’s a relief! Made me worried though about him working over the weeks leading up to baby coming. Still got 7 weeks to go but this has just put it in my head! Nothing I can do about it though, I know he does everything he can with PPE etc so just have to cross fingers! X

Jenny that's great news the test was negative:cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back