**September 2020 Mummies**

Happy Mothers Day and what a perfect day for me to come over to Tri 2. 13 weeks today :) I honestly never thought I would get here, still feeling a huge amount of relief.

I’m WFH for the foreseeable now, my son is meant to be going to nursery next week as husband is NHS. But I’m leaning towards maybe trying to keep
him home and working my hours around him if I can. He’s nearly 4 so will sit and watch a film etc but I do a lot of client calls so just dreading him yelling for me to wipe his bum in the middle of one

Haha, the bum wiping made me laugh Jenny.

We're the same, we get the option of childcare as we're military and MOD, but we've decided not to take the place. I'm worried that there will be a lot of kids there who's parents are key workers and so more open to the virus and then she'll bring it home (obvs I'm immensely grateful to all who work in these roles). But I know by 1000 on Tuesday I'll be regretting that decision :doh:

2 more days and I will have had my scan and feel safe enough to move over here officially, can’t wait!

Happy Mother's Day ladies:petal:

Good to see more on Tri 2
Kanga what time ur scan. I've one on Wednesday looking forward to it. Cant wait to have a peek see can I spot the gender. I might even ask as I will be attending it by myself. And keep it a secret not unless kids and OH want to know. Kids still don't know I'm pregnant yet . Not sure how I've gotten away with it this far. :)

My scan is at 11:40am on Tuesday, feels like I’ve been waiting forever lol I will be 13+5wks going by the private scan at 9 weeks. That will be lovely if you can find out the gender. My boys have known about the baby for about 3 weeks, as they were getting concerned that I was so sick all the time.

I’m feeling rather sad tonight as I’ve been trying to get hubby to book the time off work for the scan and get his mum to watch the boys for us, but he is yet to do either. I know things are complicated by the coronavirus and the social distancing etc, but the hospital has said partners can come to the scan. I just feel like I’m doing this all alone, well I have from the start as he really didn’t want me to keep it, but I thought by now he would have adjusted to it. He would be happier if he didn’t have to bother going to the scan at all. Just feeling particularly emotional about it all at the moment.

Haha, the bum wiping made me laugh Jenny.

We're the same, we get the option of childcare as we're military and MOD, but we've decided not to take the place. I'm worried that there will be a lot of kids there who's parents are key workers and so more open to the virus and then she'll bring it home (obvs I'm immensely grateful to all who work in these roles). But I know by 1000 on Tuesday I'll be regretting that decision :doh:

totally get that Amy. I’ve sent him in to nursery today but spoke to my boss this morn and agreed I’ll take him out after that and just muddle through as best I can around husband’s shifts at hospital.

hope last few 12 weeks scans go well tomorrow ladies. I had planned to book private one about 16 weeks but going to hang fire now and see how things play out. Those flutters I thought I felt a few weeks ago were real and I’m feeling something most days now so hoping that will keep the anxiety at bay! Xx

Hey ladies! wow I didn't even realize I was in second trimester until I was looking at my pregnancy app today! I FINALLY have my scan tomorrow. Rang hospital today to check whether my husband was allowed to come and unfortunately he isn't. We are both really upset about this, especially since my last experience in a scan room was really horrible (I had a miscarriage in September) so I guess this is making me feel slightly anxious!! BUT have to keep positive and hopefully everything is ok! Probably won't sleep tonight!
@kanga86 I am really sorry to hear you are feeling like this. Have you had a chat with your husband and explained exactly how you are feeling and how he is making you feel alone in this? I am sure he will come round eventually, I really hope he does. I think with all this coronavirus pandemic we are all feeling a bit drained and emotional as it is, adding pregnancy to the mix it is difficult. I hope you start to feel a bit better about everything. Good luck with the scan tomorrow, I look forward to hearing how it went!

Morning ladies, have we got 2 scans today then? Kanga and Victoria? Hope all goes well. Will be thinking of you ladies.

I've got a gender scan booked in for 19th April, hopefully I'll still be able to go. But who knows? Will have to wait and see.

Pretty pissed off with hubby at the moment, and we're not really talking to each other (I wasn't sure if we were again this morning, but he left for work without a word). He's still going to work, although the building has gone into lock down. Fortunately he goes in his uniform so shouldn't be harassed for going out. I get he needs to go to work and is busy, but he was out from 0730 yesterday and then not back til 1900 (should work 0830 to 1700). Then when he got home he was on his laptop all evening.
When I was upset the other night he said he'll help out and do whatever he can, but when it comes to it I don't feel like he is. It just feels like he's telling me what he needs to and then doing as much at work as possible to help and make himself look good.

It's difficult because I know it's probably hormones making me feel like this, but I'm fed up and have had enough. If it wasn't for needing food shopping doing is probably tell him to F off and stay on camp for the next 3 weeks. Urgh, anyway, rant over!xx

Hope scans go well today ladies. I'm sure uz are so so excited to see those babas.
Cant wait for updates.

Amy that's men for u. I think sometimes they can be total arseholes. Hopefully things will get better or else its going to be even longer isolation for u guys. Will he work quit soon now with the new guidelines?
My OH is away to work this morning but not sure he should be. He owns his own tyre company - hes reasons for opening was he was having key workers stop with him yesterday that needed stuff done. I think he should close up and leave emergency details.

All went well with my scan, baby was a right pickle and was completely in the wrong position to get measurements so had to jump about, wiggle my hips to try and get them into the right position but all is good. Official due date is 25th Sept so 13+4wks today.

IMG-20200324-WA0001.jpeg

Glad your scan went well @kanga86 I also had mine this morning and they let my husband come in which was great! Baby doing great, measured at 13+6 but she said she will just keep my dates as they were so sticking with 13+4 due date 25th September so same as you @kanga86 ! Such a relief to see baby and hear heartbeat! Also great telling all our family and friends today, just had to do it via watsapp photos which wasn't how we had planned it but what can you do in these circumstances! Any of you ladies on instagram? I love to follow an insta pregnancy journey with fellow mums to be, I am victorialisa_x

Sorry to hear you are feeling that way @AmyThomas . With everything that is going on at the minute I think we are all stressed and on edge. I totally understand where you are coming from, my husband drives me up the wall at times and I feel like I am constantly nagging at him! But they do deserve it sometimes lol. Hopefully everything sorts itself out and you get back on good terms with each other. It really isn't an easy time at the moment especially with pregnancy hormones on top! Just dont get yourself feeling too stressed out xxx

@VictoriaNi - amazing news and so glad they allowed hubby to go into the scan with you <3
I am on instagram and have added you xxx

Fab ladies thrilled all went well for yous :)

Excellent news on the scans Kanga and Victoria. So exciting to see more babies.

I'd be very surprised if he got to WFH completely TTC as he's military and a key worker, working on planning for Covid. Unfortunately the classifications of the systems we work on means we can't do much at all at home. I'm only really home due to pregnancy making me vulnerable. He should be home for week next week, but knowing him will constantly be on the phone. Just had a call from him so guessing he's on his way home now. I couldnt be bothered to answer as I need to try and calm the rage before he gets back :smile:could

Had an email today to say that my private gender scan is cancelled. I expected it but it did not help my emotional state! Has anyone tried using NubTech? I know I should just wait for the 20w scan, but I'm intrigued. Seeing as I'm not paying £60 for the private scan I'm wondering if the £8.99 is worth it for a guess (I wouldn't believe it 100%!)

Morning ladies
I hope you are all keeping safe <3
Our hospital has just informed us that we must attend scans alone. Obviously I am absolutely gutted, with being a FTM and it taking us so long to get our miracle I just feel so let down by this world that we are all living in at the moment :(
How are us ladies meant to enjoy this journey?! I am 17 weeks this week and still haven’t received my 20 week scan but when I do go for it I will ask if the Sonographer can write it down for me so me and Oh can atleast find out together. I don’t want to find out on my own. It just takes the excitement away from it all.
I was thinking of booking a private scan but I know that’s selfish with what’s going on it the world and I have heard most companies are cancelling them anyway.
Sorry for the negativity this morning ladies. Xx

@AmyThomas - I would pay the £8.99, it’s not completely accurate but it’s a bit of a fun, something we all need right now xx

I'm so sorry Char.
I feel so deflated and just generally sad how things are going throughout my pregnancy it's all down to covid.
I feel robbed off the excitement I should be experiencing right now. This is our last baby. Its just a constant worry.
Totally understand the measures they're taking but def is hard for us mummies.
I think that's a great idea to write it down so uz can find out together.

I'm off to an app later. Def having a peek see can I see anything.

Morning ladies
I hope you are all keeping safe <3
Our hospital has just informed us that we must attend scans alone. Obviously I am absolutely gutted, with being a FTM and it taking us so long to get our miracle I just feel so let down by this world that we are all living in at the moment :(
How are us ladies meant to enjoy this journey?! I am 17 weeks this week and still haven’t received my 20 week scan but when I do go for it I will ask if the Sonographer can write it down for me so me and Oh can atleast find out together. I don’t want to find out on my own. It just takes the excitement away from it all.
I was thinking of booking a private scan but I know that’s selfish with what’s going on it the world and I have heard most companies are cancelling them anyway.
Sorry for the negativity this morning ladies. Xx

@AmyThomas - I would pay the £8.99, it’s not completely accurate but it’s a bit of a fun, something we all need right now xx

Sorry to thread jump but i would consider a private scan, window to the womb for example, they still seem to be doing these but i would book it asap and get in fast, atleast OH can see baby as well as you etc & you can find out gender however you planned to originally together - also a chance to see baby again is a chance to see baby again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back