**September 2020 Mummies**

If we are expected to stay shielded for 12 weeks for those who cant work from home we will have to be entitled to something surely? Money is another concern.
In our village someone had posted that 2 people have it. I'm not sure how true it is hope to god it isnt true
I am really not sure how it works hun, the government don't seem to be saying much about money either do they.
Never known anything like it, i honestly feel like the world has gone nuts.
Took me all this time to get pregnant and now i cant even enjoy it. Typical x

Don’t no what kind of jobs you girlies do, but I’m a Tesco Delivery Driver, so at the moment there saying that I can’t really work on checkouts because of the amount of people that are in the store, but I may not be able to go out delivering! So worried about how it would affect me pay wise, but haven’t been in since last Wednesday so haven’t spoken to anyone yet. I haven’t got any symptoms and neither have the girls, so we’re carrying on as normally as we can but just staying away from people as much as we can. X

I was called into a meeting at work yesterday and said to work from home for the foreseeable! I honestly don’t know when I will be returning, but if pregnant women now need to isolate for 12 weeks I am going to go absolutely insane. I can’t stay indoors everyday!
i will of course avoid big social gatherings and London transport but I will be able to visit family and friends and go for walks etc?
I wasn’t worried at all about this but since Borris said on the conference that ya pregnant women are now at risk I’m freaking out!

Hey hun I’ve just had the call from work to say I’m not allowed back in (currently on holiday until Thurs)

It’s such a worrying and uncertain time for us all, especially us pregnant ladies.

At least we have each other xx

I just made a big post in the Pregnancy chat thread on covid. Basically I’m self isolating because I’m not well but it’s a sinus infection. Have all 3 of my kids off too and don’t see me sending them back if we are to be shielded.

Still waiting for HR about work hope ihear tomorrow. I've an MW app in the morning that I'm going to cancel. I've no one to mind the kids and as I'm off to hospital next week Im not to worry about missing it.
The 2 cases were confirmed to be true in our little village. Panick station in a few off us parents as the 2 cases have children in school.
We started to isolate this eve saying bye to my parents was utterly heartbreaking I def shed tears. The kids and I see them everyday but we have to take this seriously. Asthma and copd in the family I would never forgive myself any happened to my parents. This is going to be very hard. And I know they're going to miss the kids so much. Hopefully we can get out for walks but keep our distance.

Last edited:
@TTC no2 - they say we can still go walking so even if you meet your parents for some long country walks but just don’t stand close.
I’m still in disbelief that this is all happening. I can’t believe I’m off work for the foreseeable. I’m on day 2 and I feel like I’m already going insane haha! I have my 16 week midwife appointment tomorrow which I’m excited about, I can’t wait to hear bubbas heartbeat!
Then I think I’m going to try and get to a supermarket and see if any of the shelves have been stocked up!
Yesterday I spent the day sorting out my wardrobes, made a section in there for bubba and have a big black bag of clothes for the charity shop so I’m happy with that.
Keep safe ladies, we can get through this <3 xxx

16 weeks today. Tried to cancel an mw app yestrday morning but I couldn't get through to the clinic. She left message so need to arrange it for next week again.

I had my 16 week appointment this morning and heard babies heartbeat. It was so amazing to hear it for the first time and my midwife allowed me to record it so OH could listen and i could keep it as a keep sake <3
I am so in love with my little darling xxx

Fabulous char.. great to hear some lovely news. When u do go back to see them?

I got my work sorted out. Boss rang me. I'm off work officially. Full pay this week and then on to sick for rest. I'm hoping we can get back to work before 12 weeks though

Last edited:
Fabulous char.. great to hear some lovely news. When u do go back to see them?

I got my work sorted out. Boss rang me. I'm not off work officially. Full pay this week and then on to sick for rest. I'm hoping we can get back to work before 12 weeks though
I go back on the 21st May, fingers crossed my 20 week scan will go smoothly.
Glad your work is all sorted hun, thats rubbish your on sick pay though as its not your fault that you need all that time off.
I have been out trying to get some food but the shelves are just empty. I literally got whatever i could. xx

My 20 weeks scan is 15th April. Time is really ticking on. Near thinking I'll find out now about gender cos I can start washing clothes etc as I'm not going to have the income I thought I'd have buying new bits for baby etc. But hopefully we'll be fine. OH is still open for business for time being. Times are going to get tough.

My 20 weeks scan is 15th April. Time is really ticking on. Near thinking I'll find out now about gender cos I can start washing clothes etc as I'm not going to have the income I thought I'd have buying new bits for baby etc. But hopefully we'll be fine. OH is still open for business for time being. Times are going to get tough.
I haven't had my 20 week scan through the post yet, midwife said if i don't have it by 18 weeks then contact them. I will be 16 weeks tomorrow, it's going so fast now don't you think.
That's a good idea hun finding out so you can get stuff sorted. I will be finding out for sure. I am very lucky, i am getting full pay the whole time i am off, as i am working from home. OH is still working at the moment too, but not sure how long for :( x

I also haven’t had my 20 week scan appointment through. I’m not even convinced they’ll go ahead if we get to peak disease then.

so I’ve been going back and forth all day and I think I’m going to try to get a gender scan on Saturday. I won’t actually be 16 weeks but this particular company say they judge based on head size how far along you are and if it measures less than 16 weeks they send you away but if it’s 16 then they’ll do the gender scan and I make babies with massive heads so I’m thinking I’d risk it. Basically my gender scan is next Wednesday and I’m convinced the country will be in lockdown by then and the appointment will be cancelled. I just really really want to know now!

I've an appointment for my quads test.l for wednesday. I dont think they will cancel antenatal appointments as they are necessary. (I'm hoping anyway) I def will be having a peek when they measure the femur see what I can see.

I looked more into my pay now that I'm not working. Read my maternity policy. Sent email this morning and they rang me. Basically I'm getting full pay for time being. But she did say things could change as they see what the government recommend.

Well I booked an appointment at a scan place tomorrow. I’ll be 15+4 going by hospital date. The place says they scan you and the head circumference needs to be 16 weeks or they tell you to come back another day. All my babies have had huge heads so I’m fairly confident this won’t be an issue!

I’m feeling a bit sad today. My daughter is in first year of primary. I took her out of school last week due to a cough and she hasn’t been back since and obviously schools close today. We haven’t really properly explained what’s happening and just told her that the holidays have started early and she has accepted it. But I just glanced out our bedroom window which looks down our hill and you can just see the school playground and it really hit me that she never got to say goodbye to her friends or her teacher (who she loves) and as they break up for holidays in June I doubt they will be going back so she didn’t get to do transition to second year. She was really thriving at school and although she has her brothers to play with which she loves doing I can’t help but feel sad about what she is losing out on this year. Even the fact she was desperate to start wearing her summer dresses and was waiting until after Easter! Maybe it’s my hormones but it’s really set me off today!

Rose I feel the same. I went to collect my sons medical bag from school and seen his teacher waving at me through window. Was bit teary that they wont get to finish the year.. be was nearing the end off phonics and I bought all the books and worksheets to go along with that for my daughter. So I'm going to continue on with that.

Yesterday went out for walk up along the mountains whilst the sun was shining it was such a beautiful day. Felt amazing getting out into the open air. Kids loved it too.

Screenshot_20200321-102620_Gallery.jpg

Had a gender scan this morning, measuring 15 weeks + 5 and they couldn’t tell what it is. So disappointed I need to wait another week :(

Get ladies, my scan put me at 13w today so guess I'm officially in tri 2? Surely this is the tri i should be able to get out and do stuff, but no...... Stupid virus.

Got parents round today so starting to tell people. Told DD yesterday. Turns out she already knew. No idea how as we haven't said anything to her. Damn child is a sponge!

I got my 20w scan date from the hosp when I went on thursday. Did get warned i might not be able to take DH though. Book in for a private gender scan on the 19th April, hoping DH will still be able to come and at least then we can find out the gender together, and then I know if I need to keep all DDs stuff or not. x

Yea I was thinking I would have to do the 20 week alone. I've done all the rest alone (cos we learnt the 12 week one last hours in our hospital with the booking all done same time etc and OH isnt allowed sit in for that) but the 20 week one I always have OH with me. We had bad experience with that one before with abnormalities. It will make me anxious not to have the support there. But we have no choice I guess. Times are different now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back