• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Painting round newborn??

vixxie77

Reaction score
We're team yellow but really want nursery either blue or pink so will paint once baby is born. I've been told that newborns can only go in a room that has been painted at least 5 weeks ago?? Any ideas on this or where can we get cheap non toxic paint that is safe?? Thanks x x

Hmmm not sure on this Hun!! But won't baby be in with you whilst decorating anyway, so shudnt matter x

prob gonna be using room for changing, bathing etc tho? x x

we read you should do the room at least 2-3 months before baby is born but we got the low odour paint

I must admit, I want all painting done beforehand, to air and get rid of the smell. I wouldn't paint after , with such a new newborn. What about going for bright colours, if we get a nursery room, (not sure yet), then it will have white, with red, green, yellow and pale turcoise in it! (we will copy a themee in mamas and papas you see

Or of you lke baby blue and pink, then go with white and not cream, and then your only adding colour acens etc accesories, and pictures and curtains , bedding etc ? (maybee a border roll) ?

Last edited:
I must admit, I want all painting done beforehand, to air and get rid of the smell. I wouldn't paint after , with such a new newborn. What about going for bright colours, if we get a nursery room, (not sure yet), then it will have white, with red, green, yellow and pale turcoise in it! (we will copy a themee in mamas and papas you see

Or of you lke baby blue and pink, then go with white and not cream, and then your only adding colour acens etc accesories, and pictures and curtains , bedding etc ? (maybee a border roll) ?

Yeah was thinking about painting white then getting accessories like you say, it'll be easier that way too. Thanks x x

Oh chuffin hell....I best get cracking on my nursery!!!! I didnt know it was like 3 months before they could go in after decorating glad i read this!!! :wall2:Will make a start next week! xx

weve painted the nursery but i was planin to paint the lounge while n maternity leave (maybe 2 weeks b4 babys here) lol i really want to get it sorted, i think its the nesting thing settin in,lol

but im not sure if i should do it or not now, hmm.... i think dulux & crown paint is specifically low odour but il ask M/W 2mo for some better information
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back